Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments (17031 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / PDP Loyalists Burn Their Old Clothes As They Defect To APC In Rivers State. PICS / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 12:31am On Jan 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
My dear, it is not a lie. Those who had their passbooks etc did not get their monies back.
About looting, the fed govt changed the Nigerian currency and if at all there was any looting, the loot would have been rendered useless. In terms of looting, the enemies looted our properties, money, books, records and anything they could lay their hands on when Enugu fell. When Umuahia fell the enemy troops even looted yams, goats and other domestic animals in the Igbo heartland. The enemy troops were the greater looters. so don't go there.
It is a lie . That is propaganda . Was there any law or decree empowering banks to refuse to refund money to Igbos??
Hear yourself "if at all there was any looting" You are not sincere !!

Did every Igbo man leave Nigeria. Some stayed in Lagos and even fought for Nigeria. How were the Bank accounts of Igbos Identified .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by AndreUweh(m): 12:36am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:
It is a lie . That is propaganda . Was there any law or decree empowering banks to refuse to refund money to Igbos??

Did every Igbo man leave Nigeria. Some stayed in Lagos and even fought for Nigeria. How were the Bank accounts of Igbos Identified .

The same way the northern army identified soldiers of Igbo origin and murdered them en masse in 1966. And the same way northern rioters identified easterners in the north and gave them Aluu treatment.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 12:42am On Jan 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
The same way the northern army identified soldiers of Igbo origin and murdered them en masse. And the same way northern rioters identified easterners in the north and gave them Aluu treatment.
I don't know how the way identifying people for murder is the same as identifying bank accounts and I think you are being childish so I will finish here. I do not believe we will learn anything from each other .
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by cfours: 1:34am On Jan 28, 2013
texazzpete:

Such an old bitter man you are, yet your ignorance is so nauseating.
In WWII, as a result of the German invasion of the Soviet Union, over 10 million Russians died...and many atrocities were committed. The Russians visited similar atrocities on the german population (albeit on a much smaller scale) and the hatred for the Germans was palpable. The whole of Eastern Europe was brought under the communist jackboot, Germany was partitioned, once-proud old nations like Poland were rendered mere vassals of the Soviet Union...and you say people just went back to 'rebuild and re-establish as they wished'?

Go find out what the Gestapo did to many frenchmen. Find out the numerous atrocities the Japanese forces carried out in China during WWII. Find out the horrific death toll the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki took...or the firebombing of Dresden that killed nearly 100000 people.

All these people have moved on. Israeli jews move and live freely in Germany. There are US bases in Japan and the US and Japan share close ties. German tourist walk the streets of Moscow. Japanese cars are more popular in the US than most American car brands.

people move on.
You demons want to keep sowing the seeds of hatred...shame on you!

don't mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:

Playing the victim card is not helpful . Every Nigerian insults each other and has done things they should not have done. Just as I cannot take responsibility personally for the wrongs of Nigerians against Igbos so also Igbos should not for their fellows.
Igbo people were wronged in the pogroms of 1966 by Northern Mobs in connivance with troops of Northern Origin and this is to be condemned. I agree, though NOT ONLY Igbos were killed they bore the brunt of it. I do not agree that fighting the war to stop Biafra seceding was wrong and there can be no agreement there.

It was a bloody brutal war and many more people died as a consequence than were killed in the North. Ojukwu must take responsibility. The obvious question is what was he supposed to do when his people were being killed in droves?Honestly I don't know but there is no doubt that he could have saved many more lives if he had surrendered much earlier.
I have read about and have met many victims of the war.Their stories are harrowing and not trivial but life is often not black or white their is usually a lot of grey in between. A small number of Igbos played a role in what befell their people in Northern Nigeria where there were documented cases of Northerners being taunted about their slain leaders in barracks /streetsand even a record made in that effort.The crises brewed over a period when an Igbo was Head of State and perhaps did not do enough to avert it or even contributed to it.Did that justify the consequences No but that is life. The same thing is happening today with Boko Haram is the solution secession? No.
The Truth is Nigeria is a creation of the British bringing together many peoples of different cultures in an arrangement that can politely be described as "difficult". It is dishonest to pretend that Hausas,Yorubas,or any Non-Igbo group has benefitted more than Igbos from Nigeria. From all Indications Norther Nigeria has benefitted the least from the arrangement. This is in contrast to Northern Elite who are able to steal directly the nation's wealth more than Elite from any other group. I am not one of them and I doubt you are. In that respect ordinary Nigerians are very much the same.
There is a particular burden Igbos carry and that is this idea of being more meritorious,the idea that if everything was done properly then Igbos would naturally come to the top and this idea is projected in ways that are far from subtle to ALL Nigerians. The truth is this problem is evident even outside Nigeria whether in Cameroun or Ivory Coast or Guinea or Cameroun. For all I know it may be true even. May be Igbos are better than all of us but you still need to learn two things
To swallow your pride
To see things from the other person's perspective.

How true is this idea that Igbos have been told they can't govern. Are Igbos more important than Edo,Igala,Tiv,Efik,Ijebu and many others who have not been head of state.

How many NON Military heads of state have we had in Nigeria for us to say Igbos are being marginalized?
So far we have had

Balewa
Shagari
Obasanjo
Yar adua
Jonathan
5 non military heads of state discounting Shonekan which was irrelevant. We can effectively describe them as 4 terms since Yaradua/Jonathan is one term
It is a fact than none of these 5 is Hausa,Kanuri,Edo,Efik,Tiv,Igala,Urhobo or Itsekiri. why are these people not screaming.Why do the Igbos feel more important than them? By all means let us have an Igbo President but none on the basis of some presumed special right for Igbo.
when people say an Igbo cannot be president this is not a constitutional issue but a numbers issue. To become President you need other Nigerians to vote for you

. The question is is this likely to happen based on how Igbos relate to other Nigerians? This is a reality based question. No amount of whining or playing victim will change that.You have no right to be trusted.You earn trust by respecting people and dealing with integrity if you believe you are doing so put it to the test at the ballot. Certainly the unending campaign of hatred against Yorubas only indicates poor awareness of self interest and how to pursue it.

omg! What a sensible post!!! Please i will want you to open a thread, post this exact words; afam will/must put it on frontpage. I really will want to know what others think. Thumbs up guy. You made lots of sense. People really need to see things this way
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0: In times of tension we are ,all of us, capable of acting like a mob. today the government is at war with "BOKO HARAM" in our name. Do we question their methods? No. Many here on Nairaland cheer when they hear of more Boko haram fighter killings but atrocities are happening daily in "our name" and it is "okay" because Abokis are being killed. Do we question how many are innocent women or children? No. Somehow we tell ourselves they are in it together and deserve whatever they get.That kind of mindset is easy to produce using modern media . I am sure somthing similar happened in "Nigeria" during the Biafra war. We must somehow be able to rise above hurt and see things as they really are. We are all capable of the ALUU killings and a lot worse we are also capable of a lot better and hopefully we are in a position to make the right choices.Those who insist on being victims punish themselves and no one.Are we not all victims of Nigeria,the British

add this one too to it! Kai guy. Chop knuckle. I've always wondered the difference between boko haram and biafran scenario, then i realised.....theres no difference at all.
Similar motive, same approach, the perpetrators are the bigger victims, boko haram will end as well, then north will later blame everyone too.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by cfours: 2:17am On Jan 28, 2013
icon aus:

What happened when Ekwueme was at the verge of clinching PDP ticket and OBJ was released from prison to stop him with the support of the ruling class Abubakar, Babangida and the likes? Just tell yourself the truth

blame yourselves for being politically maladroit.
no one is going to hand over presidency to you. you are not a child. you are a major ethnic group in Nigeria for christ sake. if you want presidency so bad, you will work for it and achieve it. if presidency is handed over to you, you are only going to end up being a PUPPET rather than if you had earned it by yourself.
last time I checked, PDP chairmen were igbo. but again, being a chairman or president does not make you leader if the position was handed to you by someone else. all it does is make you a PUPPET for those people.

there is a difference between having a title and actually having the power. a title is just a title. I can call myself President and still have a group of men controlling my every move. having power on the other hand is something you have to earn or win. no one will just hand it to you.

Everyone is out for himself and you can't blame anyone for succeeding above you. in fact you should respect them and try harder.

look at yorubas they didn't like PDP so they formed their own ACN which now today almost rivals PDP.
did they go around whining and waiting for hausas or igbos to hand over leadership and positions to them? NO
they worked hard and built things up.
no one hands over things to you. you have to fight for it if you want it.
soon you will have igbos whining about representation in ACN once it has become very powerful. all their myopic eyes can see are titles and posts. they don't seem to understand what real power is. and real power doesn't come by whining.

if you are a loser, you have yourself to blame for that. real power NEVER comes through whining.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 28, 2013
swizzle: My mom's elder brother, the brightest in the family was conscripted while having his lunch...he neva finished that lunch and he never came back home. My grandmother died after the war out of heart break. She could not bear losing her favourite son.

While it is a good thing to do, it is not east to forget. You can't just wish it away. The earlier it is admitted that there was gross injustice in that war (by both sides?) the better for us all as a country.

And for those that rant that the Igbos cry about the war, you won't understand cos u did not witness it. Those that did was over the radio nd newspapers. I did not either (thank God) but my dad fought in that war and my uncle died in it and that is the story for many Igbos

please, what will you say if after 30years later; northern nigeria claims injustice and unfairness during boko haram menace? Or they start saying that they suffered the most during boko haram bombings and the aftermath(which its true)?
How does that sound to you? And what will be your reaction?

There.....you got it now
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by cfours: 2:53am On Jan 28, 2013
speedyboi:

please, what will you say if after 30years later; northern nigeria claims injustice and unfairness during boko haram menace? Or they start saying that they suffered the most during boko haram bombings and the aftermath(which its true)?

There.....you got it now

Interesting point.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by LRNZH(m): 2:54am On Jan 28, 2013
speedyboi:

There.....you got it now

I am impressed with the level of thinking displayed by some folks on Nairaland these days.
Excellent point you have raised about the Boko Haram menace and how it will affect the (core) North in years to come. You can even start a new thread on this matter to brainstorm on.

I have always said that whoever is perpetrating the BH nonsense has cheated the (core) North immensely and they (core northerners) have no credible leaders to recognize and quell it.
It is such a shame. The (core) North will wake up to a great amount of reverse (or the opposite of) development by the time the BH menace is over.

I am concerened because I am Nigerian first and also because I spent my childhood in the (core)North.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by cfours: 3:27am On Jan 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Forget the moaning, Ndigbo in Nigeria only wants equity, justice fairness etc. If any administration can provide Ndigbo with their wishes, that administration will be supported any time any day. Having an Igbo man as president may even benefit other ethnic groups more than Ndigbo. So what's the point.
I can remember clearly that when Chukwuma Soludo was gov of central bank, all his appointments were to Yorubas, Hausas etc to the detriment of his people.
Even after the overthrow of the civilian regime in 1966. Two Igbo leaders emerged. One in the north led by Nzeogwu. The other in the south led by Ironsi. But guess what, they both sorrounded themselves with non Igbo people. My point here is that if we have an Igbo president today, he will tend to placate Hausas and Yorubas.
What I personally want is someone who will benefit Ndigbo irrespective of ethnicity.

That's what you call a PUPPET leader.
and that's why you need to work hard for your title and earn it. don't wait or whine for others to give or concede it to you. because if they give it to you, you are only going to serve as their puppet.

Soludo was probably only returning the favor to his puppet masters.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by amor4ce(m): 3:58am On Jan 28, 2013

Source: NewsRescue
I have begun to see the Igbos as generally and genetically incapable of thinking objectively.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by gseintegrity(m): 4:52am On Jan 28, 2013
I've once expressed my point over a related issue like this and I still stand on my point. What God has not put together, nobody can put together. I'm a Yoruba personalty but I know God has not put Nigeria together and so it will not stand. Mind you, I'm not advocating for another war but I can predict that what happened in Berlin conference will soon happen in Nigeria[peaceful resolution on a round table!] I'm writing a book on this though.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by meetmeonline: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:
But this is a blatant lie !! Is there a case of one person who came with a passbook or bank document and denied his money because HE WAS IGBO. How come it is only Igbos making this claim? Efiks and Ijaw did not have bank accounts?

You expect banks to pay you money without documents? Where is this done. Rather the Nigerian Government very munificently gave £20 each to millions of people most of whom probably never had a bank account or had emptied their accounts. Where are the bank statements? Did Ojukwu not go to court to claim his property
. What about the money Ojukwu looted from the CBN what happened to it?.
D
......please write what you know.....who told you money was given to those who never had an account? People with known fat accounts were only alowed to 20pound
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Ubenedictus(m): 8:40am On Jan 28, 2013
c.fours:

by installing an Igbo man as governor of lagos, abuja and president of Nigeria.
by allocating 70% of federal revenues to SE
by creating a welfare state program for igbos
by exterminating all abokis by any means necessary
by cutting off the hands and feet of every "oily Yoruba" in all corners of earth.
by forming biafra (so that igbos will preside over nigeria and biafra at the same time)

this will be the ultimate dream.

remember, igbos are jewish geniuses stuck among backwards black people in africa. wink
if not for the civil war, biafra will look like sweden or USA by now.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2013
c.fours:

by installing an Igbo man as governor of lagos, abuja and president of Nigeria.
by allocating 70% of federal revenues to SE
by creating a welfare state program for igbos
by exterminating all abokis by any means necessary
by cutting off the hands and feet of every "oily Yoruba" in all corners of earth.
by forming biafra (so that igbos will preside over nigeria and biafra at the same time)
this will be the ultimate dream.
remember, igbos are jewish geniuses stuck among backwards black people in africa. wink
if not for the civil war, biafra will look like sweden or USA by now.
u no serious! U dey dream! U have given a recipe for disaster
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by OneNaira6: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2013
amor4ce:
Source: NewsRescue
I have begun to see the Igbos as generally and genetically incapable of thinking objectively.

SMH @ how pathetic Nigerians are getting when confronted on lies. SMH!!!!. I told myself I would not comment on this type of thread anymore but seeing this picture, I had to SMH @ the length some people would go to lie.
1) I've spoken to a northerner on the event of so called Igbo rejoicing over the death of sarduana. There is no mention of a bread but rather the story was the people walked around singing and dancing with a picture of sarduana. I can provide you the transcript because the argument happened on this forum or you can google "Igbos rejoiced over the death of sarduana" to get the story. SMH!!! Since you all are unable to provide a picture of this event, an obviously made 2000 and something picture, probably something the author made before he wrote the article, is provided to replace the story and a doctored new story of the event is created in wikipedia. SMH @ length some people would go. Then again the author is yoruba so not surprising.
2) If Nigeria needs to make up a picture, or rather the author, Lekan Abayomi, needs to make up a picture to justify attacking innocent individuals tell him to at least make it a bit believable. Make it look like something that was taking in the 1966 when the camera is in the primitive stage. This looks like it was taking with an HD camera. The picture inside the bread look like something that was obviously photoshopped, which existed in the 1966 though, but in the primitive stage, I highly doubt that replacing heads existed during that era. I'm google and searching and looking at all doctored/photoshopped from that year and I haven't found one that remotely had that. I'm giving it a benefit of a doubt that maybe it does. The main thing is no ordinary person be it those in the developed world or Nigeria had it, therefore an ordinary bread seller cannot make a picture like that. Duh? Even Nigerian elites did not have stuff like that during that year. Nigeria citizens did not get access to such technology till recently. Middle class citizens in USA and other western nation did not have such technology during that year. They barely had computers. Only the rich had such technology and you trying to tell me a freaking bread seller had it or had enough money to go somewhere and pay someone that had such technology do it for him/her in 1966. Do you know how much that sh1t cost during that era? Are you serious? I didn't even need to explain this to you, you should have used your head to see this by yourself. Even if we give it a benefit of a doubt and say a common bread seller had such tecnhology including the printer for it. The bread came out, obviously not made anymore, therefore the author or another person saved the bread and he took a picture of the said saved bread recently hence the reason it looks more advanced and modern than all the 1960 and up pictures we've seen including the one he provided of nzeogwu and the video as well therefore we'll decide to believe the picture like you did. first question should be why is the bread fresh? why isn't it molded? This is an event that happened 40 and something years old therefore the bread withholding the picture should have molds in it even if it was in the freezer. The picture should also have an aged look to it, not something that is newly printed. It happened 40 years ago dude. This picture provided by you and Lekan Abayomi looks so fake, it doesn't even make sense how fake it looks. No matter which way you go there are red signals. Damn!!! Ya'll could have at least make it look like something that is 40 years old. SMH @ the length some people would go

Underneath is how picture from 1966 and up is suppose to look like.

[img]http://prudolph.lib.umassd.edu/sites/default/files/5-67%2010.preview.jpg[/img]
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr16jO0wVTejDUShT0Q5vIED0dSrLp51B8zFGjd41hSKunoZZNYg[/img]
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9mqDqJKZKvVL_xEIackqa1IkwK0Kkbf2HyJuRTBMtBLBy0uca2A[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Sh-GXCtOMsE/TxY3pk2jGuI/AAAAAAAAA_I/0NzW4z64xDs/s640/sweet+jane+blog-the+who+1967.jpg[/img]

This one are from western nation that have more advanced camera, printing services than Nigeria during that year and even now

This is what Nigeria own pictures that are colored are suppose to look like during that year

I'm providing this pictures incase una try this again. Learn to "make it believable". Follow the pattern of pictures from that year suppose to look like, not something that looks like it came this year. Also make the property una are trying to pass of as old, look old. That's my advice. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by blocker: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2013
aribisala0:

Are you literate or just being daft? What do you need to identify money held by Biafrans in 1970? Are you the only MUGU who did not know that in 1968 the Nigerian government changed currencies in anticipation of the short-change by the Awolowo led ministry of finance. When smucks like you deny this then you and OBJ have no moral basis to sweep that matter under the carpet. RUBBISH!!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by doeeyed: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2013
Dede1: One of the most idiotic aspects of the speech was the silly attempt to compare WWII with Britain-Nigeria\Biafra civil war. In WWII the battles were fought by independent countries and when the war ended, the combatants went back to their countries to rebuild and re-establish as they wished without little or no hindrance from opposing combatants.

However in the case of Nigeria\Biafra, the combatants remained in the same country and the so-called victors made sure vanquish never saw the rays of Sun again. Yet this goofy old fellow wants the Biafrans to forget. What a lapper.

The 1st paragraph doesn't hold water...... for most eastern European countries till the mid- noughties. Pls correct that impression.

Let peace reign.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by CITIZENX: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Pls suggest way forward and how do we Nigerians resolved and do a restitution to Ibos?
thanks. if you go to igbo land, you will know that the war is still on. No roads, no federal presence. Hausas have personalised the federal civil service despite the so called federal character. in fact, what the igbos need is justice, equity and fairness. let the FG rebuild the south east as it happened after WW2.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by lvadmin: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2013
God bless you
chosen04: We should forget about niGERia jets bombing civilians in the markets, hospitals, schools etc and just move and pretend that it never happened because the sad event happened some 43 years ago?........TRULY, I CAN NOW UNDERSTAND WHY JESUS WEPT.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Ngwakwe: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2013
Mallam Sanusi will always pay huge compensation to the victims of Boko haram bombings. The family of Boko haram leader killed by Nigerian Police were given N100,000,000 as compensation for his death, yet they were not satisfied.

Biafrans weren't so lucky.

LRNZH:

I am impressed with the level of thinking displayed by some folks on Nairaland these days.
Excellent point you have raised about the Boko Haram menace and how it will affect the (core) North in years to come. You can even start a new thread on this matter to brainstorm on.

I have always said that whoever is perpetrating the BH nonsense has cheated the (core) North immensely and they (core northerners) have no credible leaders to recognize and quell it.
It is such a shame. The (core) North will wake up to a great amount of reverse (or the opposite of) development by the time the BH menace is over.

I am concerened because I am Nigerian first and also because I spent my childhood in the (core)North.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Balkan(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2013
Kslib:
Just look at how to put the word backward blacks as if igbos aint black.. This inferiority complex of a thing is one major problem many black people have.. Always trying to claim something rather than trying to something so that others will claim them.. Ok,lets assume your jewish claim is true,
what has it changed?? Nothing!!!
Did it make your life better?? No!!!
Does it stop the whiteman from calling you a black monkey?? No!!!
Is there a jew inscription on your fore-head?? No!!!
Can you tell the difference btw an igbo man and a calabar/delta/edo/kogi man just by their structure of facial structure?? No!!
You said the igbos are stuck with backward black africans shey.. Pls go check the number of crimes committed in this country(minus the north).look east,west and south and tell me the tribe that tops the list hands down without arguement...
Go check the international crimes committed by Nigerians all over the world and tell me the tribe that tops that same list hands down...
LASTLY,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK BIAFRA WOULD BE ANY BETTER IF NIGERIA EVENTUALLY DIVIDES.. SO OTHERS WILL BE FOOLING THEMSELVES AND SLEEPING WHILE BIAFRA KEEPS DEVELOPING ABI?? PLS WAKE-UP!!
I HATE ANYTHING THAT USES TRIBE TO DISUNITE OR MAKE ANY TRIBE FEEL THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER.. I HATE TRIBAL WAR AND THE WORLD WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT TRIBE,RACE AND COLOUR,BUT I GUESS ITS TOO LATE..
LET ME END BY SAYING THIS "THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL,I MEAN NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT IGBO PEOPLE".. There are like any other Nigerian out there,the difference is that they have been brain washed to beleive they are better than any Nigerian who aint igbo...
I dont belong to any of the three main languages,but i beleive if Nigeria divides,the south-west would be better than biafra by far.. Just look around and see the conditions/enviroments and visions for the future both have,and you will know what i'm talking about... You dont just have to keep shouting and shouting just show us your present foundation and let us decide how strong the building will be...
IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT,SHOOT DONT TALK..

Let me tell you, Igbo people are the superior race in black Africa, no doubt about that.
Mind you that 40% of business properties in Lagos is owned by the Igbos and that is a consevative estimate.
You cant stop a moving train. Biafrans are watching.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Balkan(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2013
asha 80: you are not really bright you know.someone from another ethnic group makes a sarcarstic post about igbos with intent for people to make fun at igbos while reading his post as shown by the 3 likes you said you still say your post which you were attacking him for 'implying that igbos are special'is still valid?are you a kid?are your anaylitical skills that low?no wonder they say educational system in the country has gone to the dogs.
That useless bigot is a Yoruba man. dont you know? dont waste your time talking to him.
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Balkan(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2013
asha 80: you are not really bright you know.someone from another ethnic group makes a sarcarstic post about igbos with intent for people to make fun at igbos while reading his post as shown by the 3 likes you said you still say your post which you were attacking him for 'implying that igbos are special'is still valid?are you a kid?are your anaylitical skills that low?no wonder they say educational system in the country has gone to the dogs.
That useless bigot is a Yoruba man. dont you know? dont waste your time talking to him
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by aribisala0(m): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2013
blocker: Papa ara you literate or just being daft? What do you need to identify money held by Biafrans in 1970? Are you the only MUGU who did not know that in 1968 the Nigerian government changed currencies in anticipation of the short-change by the Awolowo led ministry of finance. Papa When smucks like you deny this then you and OBJ have no moral basis to sweep that matter under the carpet. RUBBISH!!
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
CITIZEN X: thanks. if you go to igbo land, you will know that the war is still on. No roads, no federal presence. Hausas have personalised the federal civil service despite the so called federal character. in fact, what the igbos need is justice, equity and fairness. let the FG rebuild the south east as it happened after WW2.
ALWAYS BLAMING IMAGINARY ENEMIES..YOU REALLY DO HAVE A PERSECUTION COMPLEX
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Olaolufred(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Balkan:

Let me tell you, Igbo people are the superior race in black Africa, no doubt about that.
Mind you that 40% of business properties in Lagos is owned by the Igbos and that is a consevative estimate.
You cant stop a moving train. Biafrans are watching.

You don't have to underate Igbo Nationality.
Igbo are superior to all race in the world over.
If they are second to one, it must be only Zion.
Like the Lord owns the world and all that is therein,
Igbo owns 90% of everything God made on the Earth.
This is a clearer look of how Magnanimous Igbos are on the Earth's surface.

Igbo kwenu.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
chosen04: We should forget about niGERia jets bombing civilians in the markets, hospitals, schools etc and just move and pretend that it never happened because the sad event happened some 43 years ago?........TRULY, I CAN NOW UNDERSTAND WHY JESUS WEPT.
if u like dont forget until u die thats ur own palava pls the countries that participated in the world war are best of friends now
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Olaolufred:

You don't have to underate Igbo Nationality.
Igbo are superior to all race in the world over.
Like the Lord owns the world and all that is therein,
Igbo owns 90% of everything God made on the Earth.
This is a clearer look of how Magnanimous Igbos are on the Earth's surface.

Igbo kwenu.
INDEED...
Olaolufred: gbo are superior to all race in the world over.
ARE THEY SUPERIOR TO GERMANS, MASTERS OF PERFECTION?

JAPANESE, MASTERS OF INNOVATION?

AMERICANS, MASTERS OF ORGANISATION?

CHINESE,MASTERS OF ADAPTION?
Olaolufred:
Like the Lord owns the world and all that is therein
HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION...
SINCE WE DO NOT HAVE A CLEAR KNOWLEDGE OF OUR AFRICAN HIOSTORY I WOULD USE THE BIB,LE TO DISPUTE YOU LOCAL CHAMPIONISM..
THEY WERE NOT EVEN METIONED IN THE BIBLE,I KNOW OF EGYPTIANS,ETHOIPANS,LIBIYANS,SYRIANS,GREEKS EVEN SUDAN WAS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE CALLED KUSH BUT NO IGBOS..
CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE OF HOW MANY IGBOS EXISTS AND WHAT THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO MANKIND TO DESERVE
THAT ANALOGY?
Re: Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments by Balkan(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
ehie: INDEED...

ARE THEY SUPERIOR TO GERMANS, MASTERS OF PERFECTION?

JAPANESE, MASTERS OF INNOVATION?

AMERICANS, MASTERS OF ORGANISATION?

CHINESE,MASTERS OF ADAPTION?

HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION...
SINCE WE DO NOT HAVE A CLEAR KNOWLEDGE OF OUR AFRICAN HIOSTORY I WOULD USE THE BIB,LE TO DISPUTE YOU LOCAL CHAMPIONISM..
THEY WERE NOT EVEN METIONED IN THE BIBLE,I KNOW OF EGYPTIANS,ETHOIPANS,LIBIYANS,SYRIANS,GREEKS EVEN SUDAN WAS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE CALLED KUSH BUT NO IGBOS..
CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE OF HOW MANY IGBOS EXISTS AND WHAT THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO MANKIND TO DESERVE
THAT ANALOGY?
You lack the wisdom to discern the truth. You dont need more analogy than the one you have before you. Nigerians Should thank God for having Igbo ethnic group within them. That Nigeria is Breathing today is Igbo. You refuse to accept that, that is why Nigeria is dying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAF Graduates 186 Special Forces And Combat Personnel / El-Rufai: Buhari Will Live In Kaduna After Leaving Office / Power And Money. Which One Is Greater?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.