Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,668 members, 7,911,807 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:18 PM

PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model (21550 Views)

Apc 2015 Presidential Ticket May Go To South East / PDP Vs APC 2015 Nairaland Opinion polls / Updated 2011 Election Result Projection Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by flops: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
How come no one has mentioned the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido as a potential candidate?

As much as some people might not like this man, he has shown that you can be radical and still get things done in
Nigeria. Yes he has made a few mistakes, the 5,000 note problem, but with all of that
I would say unleashing a Sanusi on Nigeria's problems will be a step in the right direction.

Open for debate...
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by danjohn: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Op, hope you put into consideration the multiple rigging of pdp in your equation?
No equation will be balanced without putting in effect the pdp rigging mechanism. They so perfected it that they get almost 90% of total number of registered voters in a state, recording another 96% voters turnout!

You are very funny. I normalized the numbers in this analysis. In the 2011 election, the results from the SS and SE were very suspicious. For example in 2011, the turnout was as follows: SW (32%), NC (48%), NW (55%), NE (54%), SE (67%), and SS (67%).

From the above, you can see that turnout in the SE and SS is disproportionately higher. Given that in 2011, voter enthusiasm was highest in the NW, NE, SS, and SE, and given that elections were considered more free and fair in the NW and NE, we account for the perceived fraudulent votes in the SS and SE by reducing the voter participation in the SS and SE by 20%. Once you do that voter participation comes down to 54% in the SE and 55% in the SS.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by vicope: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
wesley80:
Sorry it had to be you but I just had to get it off my chest. The number of times folks like you either through innocuous projections or outright stupidity have brought up Buhari's has simply been absurd. All these tacit endorsements and subtle campaigns MUST now stop.
@bolded, that's exactly why I said it doesn't matter if he's got legions of ediots as supporters.
Stop arguing like a tout. Be more objective please!
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by miiraaj: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
PDP will be difficult to dislodge, but I tink the opposition can take advantage of the cluelessness of the present administration. Apart from the rigged votes, most sincere votes for GEJ were based on sentiments and the believe that being from a poor background,he will understand the plight of the masses better, but unfortunately,GEJ disappointed and it is well known to many that nothing good will ever come from him. I foresee a drastic reduction in d number of votes for GEJ as compared to 2011, especially in the SW, nd part of the SE, and NC.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by 9jaIhail(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Which states are you talking about?

Are you asking whether its SW who control the largest population in Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Osun etc states?

If thats your question then the answer is YES

Don't forget you mentioned,Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Lagos hence i disagreed with you.

Meanwhile with Buhari as your front runner y'all bond to fail.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by AjanleKoko: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
flops: How come no one has mentioned the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido as a potential candidate?

As much as some people might not like this man, he has shown that you can be radical and still get things done in
Nigeria. Yes he has made a few mistakes, the 5,000 note problem, but with all of that
I would say unleashing a Sanusi on Nigeria's problems will be a step in the right direction.

Open for debate...

Candidate for what?
Presidency? You have got to be kidding.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by tundetoday: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
I think we the youth should be smarter now. We know that identifying or analysing the unsuitability of these strange bedfellows won't get us anywhere. They simply don't represent us. We know that already. But before we can talk about cleaning the polity,we gat to wrestle to get power first. And APC represents the shortest cut. Like it or not the analysis by the poster seems real. Should APC field a "credible" combination at the centre,the battle ground will be in the southeast and southsouth.

Provided PDP still fields the obviously incompetent GEJ,there's a chance. A chance we must sieze with both hands and at all costs.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Don't forget you mentioned,Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Lagos hence i disagreed with you.

Meanwhile with Buhari as your front runner y'all bond to fail.

Kano Kaduna, Katsina were won by Buhari the last time, So why do you think he wont win it again?

In lagos Yoruba make the majority of the voting population thats why a Yoruba has always been governor and Deputy ever since
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by 9jaIhail(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ikengawo:

You and I know that governors are more powerful than senators in Nigeria. More importantly governors often hand select senators.
If CPC got 12 million votes congratulations to them, Jonathan got 70 million +

now GEJ is a nobody at the time, the only thing ppl had to use for voting for him was party, tribe, religion and region.

Buhari was an established heavy weight in Nigerian politics. Now tell me, if they can't run Buhari, who else will gather half as much support as buhari from cpc? CPC isn't a popular party. They are blessed Buhari is with them, but after him there's no more and that's why they only hold one state.

You're telling my about synergy and im telling you about reality. GEJ had more votes than all of the opposition parties combine, all of the parties combining won't make a difference, they already tried to go against him. ACN also over estimates it's own popularity. Though they're the second most powerful in Nigeria, the tribal nature of the party turns non yorubas off. It's just as tribal as AGPA and as no yoruba will vote for an AGPA governor, no igbo, middle belter, deltan, or even northerner will vote for a ACN governor.

This 'mega party' is a good move, but it's not enough. They need to hit GEJ where he can't recover and that's by taking the igbo vote.
At the same time idk if they'll be better than PDP jare. ANPP are the masters of poverty and the most corrupt backwards states in Nigeria and CPC is right up there with them. What ACN gets praised for doing in the west as been done in the east and delta already so those people aren't impressed by banning okadas, cleaning up streets, building more roads etc in a state that doesn't effect them.

Very well analyzed and articulated.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by holahabib: 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
ttt
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
tundetoday: I think we the youth should be smarter now. We know that identifying or analysing the unsuitability of these strange bedfellows won't get us anywhere. They simply don't represent us. We know that already. But before we can talk about cleaning the polity,we gat to wrestle to get power first. And APC represents the shortest cut. Like it or not the analysis by the poster seems real. Should APC field a "credible" combination at the centre,the battle ground will be in the southeast and southsouth.

Provided PDP still fields the obviously incompetent GEJ,there's a chance. A chance we must sieze with both hands and at all costs.

To win an election you dont need to win in all 36 states

The SS and SE are Jonathans territory e.g in the US Democrats know they can never win some states even if they present An angel and republicans present a goat So they dont bother, they just concentrate their campaigns in the battleground states.

E.g Democrats would never win in Alabama, Missisipi, Texas, etc

1 Like

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
[size=22pt]The Model is fatally flawed.

It is based on data from rigged elections[/size]

3 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by chaloner(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
peckhamboi:
Following ur responds to post , ur questions nd answers , I c dat ur re not here to get our response but here to tell us ur candidate which is buhari, beta close dis topic nd go and sleep , u must b lookin for anoda blood to suck
Good analysis but I still believe Buhari is the best option for the opposition, he is the only person who can deliver 12 million votes without spending a dime, he is incomparable to people like Ribadu who couldnt even deliver his own state in the last presidential election. I am 100% sure the SW will definitely not vote for GEJ so the real battle lies in NC, if the opposition can add states like Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Edo in addition the the SW, then they have a great chance to defeat the PDP. People like Okorocha, Ngige, Oshiomole could also help the opposition getting a sizeable number of votes in the SS/SE.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by vicope: 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
wesley80:
No Sir, I never said I was better than you. You only confirm you're among the legions of ediots along with countless al majiri's that chant sai Buhari even though they were in nappies when Buhari held sway.
I am a southern Christian who voted Buhari coz I see beyond ethnic and religious differences. Even though I have relatives who benefit from the unprecedented corruption of GEJs govt, I would vote for Buhari over and over again! I want a country free of corruption, nepotism, segregation and waste. GEJ has proved his incompetence and I'm proud I didn't vote for him.
Wesley, I think sounds Niger-Deltan, so its not hard to trace where your foolish, myopic and sentiment based views emanate from! My honest advise for you is to enjoy the corruption of this govt while it lasts, coz 2015 a revolution is coming and it will take place via our votes.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by vicope: 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
wesley80:
No Sir, I never said I was better than you. You only confirm you're among the legions of ediots along with countless al majiri's that chant sai Buhari even though they were in nappies when Buhari held sway.
I am a southern Christian who voted Buhari coz I see beyond ethnic and religious differences. Even though I have relatives who benefit from the unprecedented corruption of GEJs govt, I would vote for Buhari over and over again! I want a country free of corruption, nepotism, segregation and waste. GEJ has proved his incompetence and I'm proud I didn't vote for him.
Wesley, I think sounds Niger-Deltan, so its not hard to trace where your foolish, myopic and sentiment based views emanate from! My honest advise for you is to enjoy the corruption of this govt while it lasts, coz 2015 a revolution is coming and it will take place via our votes.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by flexshop(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
i just know dat with or witout all the maths you people do here,PDP will also win the presidential election. those people have perfected the art of winning nigerian elections to the extent that its only an outright revolution that would wrestle power from them.
but what i know is that APC is no better than PDP.we should just ensure that the right people get there whether in PDP or not.
As a progressive nigerian who wants to better his country,im joining the PDP actively come 2014.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by 9jaIhail(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Kano Kaduna, Katsina were won by Buhari the last time, So why do you think he wont win it again?

In lagos Yoruba make the majority of the voting population thats why a Yoruba has always been governor and Deputy ever since

We are not talking about been lagos state Governor because other tribes are not showing serious interest to contest. Man stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by danjohn: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu: The new Party shouldnt waste much resources in the South South and SE cos they would return Jonathan regardless

The new party needs to campaign in the SE and SS like their life depended on it. They wouldnt be campaigning to win 51%. They would be campaigning to win at least 20%. At the moment Jonathan has a firewall in the SE and the South South. We must remember that even in states Jonathan lost in 2011, he was a very respectable 2nd place finisher. In the NE and WE combined Buhari won 10,078,356 votes while Jonathan won 5,228,346 votes. That was a respectable second place finish. On the other hand in the the SS and SE, Jonathaan won 11,103,854 votes while Buhari won only 31,383 votes. What this means is that Jonathan wiped out all of Buhari's NW and NE advantage by winning the SS and SE.

I would be the first to say that the SS and SE in 2011 were probably rigged. However, the only way you can blatantly rig is when the opposition has NO presence in your area.

I am not saying that the new party needs to win the SE and the SS; all I am saying is that it needs to be a respectable second place finisher.

3 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by Sunnycliff(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Very well analyzed and articulated.
A bid Dreamer! wake up from your wild reverie
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by baby124: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

We are not talking about been lagos state Governor because other tribes are not showing serious interest to contest. Man stop deceiving yourself.
Sell what you are smoking... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by helsinkiman(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
wesley80:

@wesley80. Your rantings potray u as an ethnic bigot. You allowed ethnic bigotry to suppress ur common sense. I dont want to belive u re comfortable with the present state of the nation. Free ur mind and reason well. To get PDP out by 2015 , a Buhari is indisposable. Maybe u wld ve known if not for ur bigotry that the difference between GEJ and Buhari's 2011 votes could be neutralised if the SW votes goes to APC. By the way, u must be kidding to assume Buhari has nothing to offer. The most important leadership trait which is missing in Nigeria today is integrity which is synonymous with Buhari. I dont think u wld want to suffer another 4yrs of clueless and directionless leadership of GEJ/PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by Sunnycliff(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
Fake analysis indeed
holahabib: Look guys APC should just do this and its all over for PDP:

President: Buhari

Vice President: Adams Oshiomole

Senate President: Babatunde Fashola

House of Rep Leader: Rochas Okorocha OR Shekarau

PDP will be dead and Nigeria will be one of the developed countries in 12years.

2 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by 9jaIhail(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
vicope:

I think solution to Nigeria problem is very simple. You citizens should stop reasoning backward if you are seriously wish to progress, the comment above shows how backward minded majority of Nigerian youths are.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
danjohn:

The new party needs to campaign in the SE and SS like their life depended on it. They wouldnt be campaigning to win 51%. They would be campaigning to win at least 20%. At the moment Jonathan has a firewall in the SE and the South South. We must remember that even in states Jonathan lost in 2011, he was a very respectable 2nd place finisher. In the NE and WE combined Buhari won 10,078,356 votes while Jonathan won 5,228,346 votes. That was a respectable second place finish. On the other hand in the the SS and SE, Jonathaan won 11,103,854 votes while Buhari won only 31,383 votes. What this means is that Jonathan wiped out all of Buhari's NW and NE advantage by winning the SS and SE.

I would be the first to say that the SS and SE in 2011 were probably rigged. However, the only way you can blatantly rig is when the opposition has NO presence in your area.

I am not saying that the new party needs to win the SE and the SS; all I am saying is that it needs to be a respectable second place finisher.

In 2011 the SW voters didnt really care and Tinubu tacitly supported Jonathan.

If the SW were to go out and deliver votes like they did for the governorship election then all those numbers would change drastically.

Most would be similar to what obtained in Osun where Aregbesola wanted to make a point.

The most populated regions in Nigeria are NW followed by SW.

Theres no campaign Buhari can do in Delta, Bayelsa and rivers that would change anything just like Jonathan cant muster any campaign in Katsina, Kano etc without the presidential paparazzi and protection
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by baby124: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu: The new Party shouldnt waste much resources in the South South and SE cos they would return Jonathan regardless

If Buhari can deliver what he did in 2011 and ACN can deliver the SW 6 states

iirc in 2011 Buhari won 13 states Jonathan won 23 states

If The SW delivers all 6 states to the new Party It would read APC 19 states Jonathan 18 states. Buhari edges it

Thats assuming ONLY the SW change. Thats why I say the SW holds the key to this election

Given the Population of Nigeria most of the most populous states like Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Lagos, Oyo would be with the APC and they can win the states and the simple majority

States like Taraba, Kwara, Kogi, Nasarawa that was won by Jonathan might be winable for Buhari with more work done

This is a sketchy analysis

Accurate post. wink
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by Akiika: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
tomakint: Hmmmnnn, looking at the pictures reminds me of 'a new set of corrupt-minded and ambitious politicians' scheming hard to become relevant at all cost, but what is practically wrong with Pastor Tunde Bakare, (he is in the midst of strange bed fellows, and he seems not to be aware of it) undecided

'i neva chop', you reach here again? i understand, you need to justify the peanut you are paid.
So these are the corrupt-minded politicians? i wonder what we'll call your GEJ and his retinue of plunderers.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by vicope: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ikengawo:

ACN also over estimates it's own popularity. Though they're the second most powerful in Nigeria, the tribal nature of the party turns non yorubas off. It's just as tribal as AGPA and as no yoruba will vote for an AGPA governor, no igbo, middle belter, deltan, or even northerner will vote for a ACN governor.
I guess Edo state is also a yoruba state and a south western state too? Rubbish!
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wadeoye:

So, the 12 million people that voted for him are idiots? You are saying nobody in that 12 million is wiser than a foolish Igbo bigot like you? I voted for Buhari and I have never voted for PDP and will never. Are you saying you are better than me considering anything even when you dont know who I am? Many of us can put your entire family where ever they may be (whether in the bush of SE) on permanent salary without thinking about it. We love our country and we want the country to move forward - the reason we are supporting a man that has been tested and can be trusted. A man we are sure we work only in the interest of the people because he has done this before in different capacity. You, a fool would prefer that we put the country in the hand of vagabonds because of ethnicity and hatred for other peoples belief. What manner of a
human being are you? I have never seen a human being with animal gene...

Sincerely, words can't explain the level of your foolishness - it is very pathetic.

@Danjohn, thanks for your intelligent response to this fool. I agree with your viewpoint and calculations. This is however too complex for the likes of wesley80 to understand.

Gbam! Well done jare!
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by danjohn: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu:

To win an election you dont need to win in all 36 states

The SS and SE are Jonathans territory e.g in the US Democrats know they can never win some states even if they present An angel and republicans present a goat So they dont bother, they just concentrate their campaigns in the battleground states.

E.g Democrats would never win in Alabama, Missisipi, Texas, etc

You can do that when you have an electoral college that is winner take all. However, in Nigeria you need to win the popular vote. APC needs votes from everywhere including the SS and SE if not they will lose.
Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by ritux: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
Those of you doing calculations, permutations, modelling or whatever u call it with the intention that BUHARI will be president are just wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by ritux: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
danjohn:

You can do that when you have an electoral college that is winner take all. However, in Nigeria you need to win the popular vote. APC needs votes from everywhere including the SS and SE if not they will lose.

...and they will surely lose

2 Likes

Re: PDP vs APC - 2015 Projection Model by danjohn: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Theres no campaign Buhari can do in Delta, Bayelsa and rivers that would change anything just like Jonathan cant muster any campaign in Katsina, Kano etc without the presidential paparazzi and protection

Jonathan did now win Kano but he got 440,666 votes. He didn't win Kastina either but he got 428,392 votes. We do not have a winner take all electoral college in Nigeria. In Nigeria, the winner of the popular vote wins a Presidential election.

GEJ won over 800,000 votes from the 2 aforementioned states, thus contributing to his total tally. APC needs to do the same in the SE and the SS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governorship Election: INEC Releases Press Statement / Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun / Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.