Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,426 members, 7,891,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:40 PM

Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music (14392 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Of Old / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Freiburger(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2013
@ Mad Cow, i like what i'm seeing out there, we call that evolution in the industry.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by holluwai(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2013
Started from the bottom naw we here!

Hip hop has changed....that's the moral of the story
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2013
I'm a big hip hop fan and I grew up listening to krs-1 and rahkim and the likes but I must tell u that the downfall of the genre started when the likes of tupac and biggie started making gangster rap and people started accepting that as the change that was to come. now that trap rap is here we're complaining. it was and has ever been the same old bullshit songs but done by different artist in a different era

2 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2013
Nas, the only dude that never went commercial and still keeping it real. Snoop dog/lion or whatever he's called now went commercial. Heck, the dude is about to release his own raggae album ( I think he's going through some midlife crisis..lol.. )... Fity followed the bliss and the fame then got covered by it all. Eminem is still keeping it real but also gone commercial. I never really liked Jay-Z kind of music apart from Death of Autotune and Blue-Magic, he's always talking about the money and fame. Kanye west is an arrogant fool, I hate that bastard with every inch of my being. RickRoss was original when he first came out but now every word that spews from his mouth is trash. The nigga is always like '' I got 12 lambogini's and shi-t''.. True story is that the dude is broke as f-uck... Rakim, king of rap, was even better than biggie and pac.

4 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2013
firetrap: I'm a big hip hop fan and I grew up listening to krs-1 and rahkim and the likes but I must tell u that the downfall of the genre started when the likes of tupac and biggie started making gangster rap and people started accepting that as the change that was to come. now that trap rap is here we're complaining. it was and has ever been the same old bullshit songs but done by different artist in a different era

You're absolute right. I totally agree with you.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2013
milehigh06: What is hip hop and what is rap music?
They are different genres but sonehow inter-lock but that does not make them same
RAP ARTIST
2pac
Biggie
Eric sermon
Methical
Redman
Ice cube
Bun b
Can I Bus
Bus-a-bus (busta rhymes)
Rakimm
Nas
Dem plenty abeg

hiphop
Lilwayne
Drake
2chainnnnz (I cant stand dat piece of thrash)
Infact all supposed rappers apart from Nasiru

I believe you've got it wrong. the only hip hop artists on your list are Nas, canibus, method man and rahkim, those guys are true lyricists. the rest are rappers, PAC and biggie inclusive
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Biggie and Pac, created this monster called today's rap/hip-hop....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by ypzilanti: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Old school raps for me. The US rappers have lost it. Naija contemporary rap is better than most raps coming from the USA today.

The only rappers making any music that will survive to next decade are Kanye west and Jay Z. Everything else is fluffy music that you won't dare play in your car next year.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by ednut1(m): 10:12am On Apr 16, 2013
2chainz has been in d game for over 12 years wit ludacris label, he mad no head way cos rap was still rap den, his rap on bandz to mak her dance has to be his wackest eva lyric, his birthsong only d video make sense, like nas said hip hop is dead, my collection of 2pac, biggie, nasiru still rocks, real a$$ dudes, nt dis yeye fake a$$ even rick ross, hes jst good in voice, all d lyrics na fake, bloody correctiional officer, RIP TO HIP HOP
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Freiburger(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: Nas, the only dude that never went commercial. Snoop dog/lion or whatever he's called today went commercial. Heck, the dude is about to release his own raggae album ( I think he's going through some midlife crisis..lol.. )... Fity followed the bliss and the fame then lost his talent. Eminem is still keeping it real but also gone commercial. Jay z, I never really liked his kind of music, he's always about the money. Kanye west is an arrogant fool, I dislike that bastard.. Rakim, king of rap, was even better than biggie and pac.
To me, Nas is the greatest, even without going commercial, he is still an american dream.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Emperortj93(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2013
Y'all shd stop working ur self up cus KENDRICK LAMAR is definitely bringin back hipHop from it glory days bt wit some modern touch... #teamKENDrickLAmar#
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Walexybobo(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2013
Just imagine an artiste sing a wrack lyris and afterward, he can't even sing it exactly d way it was when kall 4 an outing. I'll rather b listening to OLUFIMO1 than all dis thrash.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by 1ndidi2(f): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2013
DICKtator: Kendrick Lamar

daz all...............

grin grin grin grin

Poetic justice kiss
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2013
Freiburger: @ Mad Cow, i like what i'm seeing out there, we call that evolution in the industry.

what you call evolution, I call devolution. cos evolution is supposed to be change from the most rudimentary form of existence to a higher more complex phase of existence. the genre started out from being about beats and lyrics now it has devolved to bragging about raping women (rick ross) and using drugs and killing people.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
Freiburger: @ Mad Cow, i like what i'm seeing out there, we call that evolution in the industry.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
This dude Drake, is he a rap-artiste or a singer? He should make up his mind.. BTW, his lyrics sucks.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2013
most people here don't know hip-hop.
even in diz wack era we got talented MCs like:
-slaughterehouse; crooked I, budden, Royce, ortiz
-joey badass n da pro-era crew.
-blind fury
-kid daytona
-childish gambino
most of dem are underground ... real hip-hop fans are underground!
I'm from da golden era of rap!
nobody does it better!!!
bring it on...

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by theripper2: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Drake says : back then, when Niggas reached, It was for the weapon, nowadays, niggas reach just to sell their records.

Evolution, Rap is not as rugged or deep as it is used to b because commercial rap is hip hop nowadays. Even Nas,Jay z et al get to brag about their material possessions once in a while.

Every rapper wan buy Maybach and crib as big as a college.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by niyivasaz(m): 10:25am On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: This dude Drake, is a rap-artiste or a singer? He should make up his mind.. BTW, he lyrics sucks.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2013
Kendrick Lamar is definitely one hell of an artist to watch out for so also is a kid from new York called Joey badass. the boy spits straight fire. other artists to look out for are hit boy and to an extent macklemore
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2013
The group Slaughterhouse is good. I love the album they made with Eminem. Royce da 5'9 killed.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Odinaka00(m): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Dudu not all are wack like yu said, ther re some good rappers in this generation, go and listen to J cole's lost ones bro, that's wat I call rap, as a matter of fact dats wat I call hip hop............what about Jay Electronica? What happens to Lupe Fiasco?
Ther re so many of em dat I can't just begin to mention their names
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2013
Seriously Hip hop has gone to the dogs, in opinion hip hop is at an all time low. I remember τђΞ dayz of great Mcs like:
Pac
BIG
Bun B
Fat Joe(joe Crack)
Eminem(at his prime)
NAS(even Jigga admits he's up there)
Naughty by Nature
Red man
Erik simon
Ice cube
Big L
Jigga(black album)
Mack 10
Master P
Trick Daddy
Kanye(1st,2nd Albums)
Its just α joke people rate 2chainz,Drake, etc as Rappers. Smh
The Rap I grew up listening to was that of street hustling,fight against Rasicm,fight against black on black crime.. Its a pity that genre of hip hop has gone,I advice y'll guard closely all your old records
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :
most people here don't know hip-hop.
even in diz wack era we got talented MCs like:
-slaughterehouse; crooked I, budden, Royce, ortiz
-joey badass n da pro-era crew.
-blind fury
-kid daytona
-childish gambino
most of dem are underground ... real hip-hop fans are underground!
I'm from da golden era of rap!
nobody does it better!!!
bring it on...

bros I didn't even see ur post before I mentioned Joey badass. u sabi ur music abeg. of all the members of slaughter house the best two hands down are Joe budden and Royce da 5'9. blind fury has been doing his thing since the early 2000s but won't ever see the light of day (pun intended) cos he's blind and not marketable. I've only ever heard a few songs from childish gambino but I must confess that though they were good, I wasn't trilled
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Porthable(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2013
U say hip hop changed and i will agree, but u say hip hop is fake today and i disagree! Listen to pple like kendrick, eminem, nas, kanye, drake, tyga, j cole, big sean, meek mill, wale, rick ross..... Definately not including the new lil wayne cos i must say sme pple are wack but d tradition called hip hop i think is even better today dan before!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Parnassuss(m): 10:41am On Apr 16, 2013
Lol you guys are claiming to be hip-hop fans here and no one even mentioned Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and Mos Def? These guys achieved commercial success and cult status (though nothing near Nas', but then again Nas is The One) even though they never went full out commercial.

New school though, Joey Badass leads the pack, Kendrick Lemar, School Boy Q, Gambino and Asap Rocky are not far off the mark.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Porthable(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Tell the author to stop assuming based on him listening to d likes of lil wayne, nicki, french montana, and not forgetin bros YBNL!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by UyiIredia(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2013
Not quite. Though it's true majority of rappers focus on money & sex themes there are still some politically concscious rappers out there. Nas is alive & well and did a nice PC album with Damian Marley, Jay-Z isn't to bad and Kanye is as creative as ever.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2013
goldfish80: Seriously Hip hop has gone to the dogs, in opinion hip hop is at an all time low. I remember τђΞ dayz of great Mcs like:
Pac
BIG
Bun B
Fat Joe(joe Crack)
Eminem(at his prime)
NAS(even Jigga admits he's up there)
Naughty by Nature
Red man
Erik simon
Ice cube
Big L
Jigga(black album)
Mack 10
Master P
Trick Daddy
Kanye(1st,2nd Albums)
Its just α joke people rate 2chainz,Drake, etc as Rappers. Smh
The Rap I grew up listening to was that of street hustling,fight against Rasicm,fight against black on black crime.. Its a pity that genre of hip hop has gone,I advice y'll guard closely all your old records

most of the names mentioned above did more harm to the black community with their lyrics than Ronald Reagan did with his tenure as president. like the great mode nine said " I choose words carefully, they touch entire Nations"

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Dermie: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2013
searay: Hmmmm! When will I be popular on Nairaland.

WHEN HAIR START GROWING ON TREES
gringringrin
#Opinion
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by firetrap(m): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2013
Parnassuss: Lol you guys are claiming to be hip-hop fans here and no one even mentioned Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and Mos Def? These guys achieved commercial success and cult status (though nothing near Nas', but then again Nas is The One) even though they never went full out commercial.

New school though, Joey Badass leads the pack, Kendrick Lemar, School Boy Q, Gambino and Asap Rocky are not far off the mark.

bros there are so many hip hop greats and saying that cos one did not mention either mos def, Lupe or the roots as being ignorant of hip hop is a lie. you did not also mention people like lord jamar, lord finesse and also Pete Rock and CL Smooth. there are just to many people that come to mind and we mention the ones we like most. its human nature
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by benno1: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2013
I feel ya, am a hip hop rapper too, and i really understand you well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid Ft Terri, Spotless, Ceeza Milli – "Soco" (video) / Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence (cyril Remix) Mp3 Download / Video Download: Migos - Stir Fry Mp4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.