Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:42 PM

Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music (14396 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Of Old / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
decepticos:
oh boi kool g rap is better than eminem oh.
guy relax, it ain't about being O.G oh!
i can only bet on BDK!
i'm sick of typing analysis, wish dis was a face to face debate.
Am old school n all but Em is a psycho...
funny thin is i dnt really like Em.
Nas is better dan KOOL G.
any doubt?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
victorv12: To my brothers saying that I'm trying to mislead Nigerians regarding their taste for hip-hop, let me tell you guys the truth, you can't force me to like Kendrick Lemar,Eminem, Lil Wayne, Drake etc! There are differences between Rap and Hip-hop! Eminem doesn't possess some of the major rap skills that I like to my view. The moment a rapper wants to deliver and clown himself at all cost to gain attention from the audience, it doesn't sounds or looks well to me. Which of you guys can mention any Soul, Blues and Funky beat Em has busted to?! Eminem entered the industry when the game was over!! The height of hip-hop was around 91 to 96, after that era, suddenly, everybody went commercial. You listen to many bubble gum raps like Em and bling blah lifestyle of Birdman and his goons( hot boys)! Em is good to a point, but he's just a rapper and Kendrick is just a pop act, just like Kenya!

You guys got to feel this track:

Kool G Rap - I Am (2011)
finally i've seen one rap head here who agrees dat Kendrick lamar is AVERAGE!
damn!
I've been preaching dat!!
btw: did u attend UNIZIK? i used to know a rap head whoz name was Victor. just curious.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
ISBLIAC:

Its "shoot don't please" bro
yeah. i know.
i misplaced d words but i also corrected it in another of my post.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
goldfish80:
Bro,ure one hellova noise maker! Am on different bars with you.I don't get this your circus act @all.if ure on the prophetic level as myself(with humility cheesy), you would see that Em on his prime CAN'T go toe to toe with ICE!
Bro,Ice was the most talented member of NWA,even Dre wasnt within arms lenght of him. Go listen to the diss track No Vaseline, then come back let's talk.
dis ain't about gangsta, its about quick delivery n stings.
what do you know?
what more can i say.....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
money-hungry :

dis ain't about gangsta, its about quick delivery n stings.
what do you know?
what more can i say.....
Whose talking about gangster her niqqa?
Dude listen to 'No Vaseline' you will come to understand what diss is all about, with sting and puchlines. Cube in three verses single-handedly aired out(NWA) one of the most powerful groups of the late 80′s and early90′s...calling Easy E a homoosexual,asking dre to stick to production,calling Heller the devil,calling Yella a lost cause...these lines are the sickest diss lines ever heard on Rap,Eminem cannot match ice cube in any rap match niqqur.
I don't knw why am even on this argument with you. Am thru with ya mehn!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
money-hungry :

wale? like seriously?

you no hear ambition? Abi you no hear lotus flower bomb ? Wale head wrap 4 rap
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
money-hungry :

my point exactly!
Em can murder almost ANY rapper in a rap battle.
but then again, a rap battle isn't d OVERLL basis factor for rating.
D better rapper is he who is not just a do.pe lyricist but he who can paint REAL n vivid pictures that folks can relate to... in clever n creative form.
for example, lets compare nas's 'rewind' n eminem's 'stan'. these two songs are about story telling.
both were nice but nas was more creative n deep.
i mean dat ni.gga told a whole BACKWARDS! !!
damn!!, datz track was first of a kind in rap.
nas said "shoot, please don't"
rewind that ^^^ line back n see why they call him ESCO.

Guy why you dey Bleep up nw how can you compare Stan to any song in this life? Even ordinary Meek mill's Tony story is better than Rewind
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
goldfish80:
Whose talking about gangster her niqqa?
Dude listen to 'No Vaseline' you will come to understand what diss is all about, with sting and puchlines. Cube in three verses single-handedly aired out(NWA) one of the most powerful groups of the late 80′s and early90′s...calling Easy E a homoosexual,asking dre to stick to production,calling Heller the devil,calling Yella a lost cause...these lines are the sickest diss lines ever heard on Rap,Eminem cannot match ice cube in any rap match niqqur.
I don't knw why am even on this argument with you. Am thru with ya mehn!

This one no get sense oh Did you hear EMINEMS"THE WARNING"?
DID YOU WATCH 8MILE?
DID YOU HEAR TOY SOILDERS?
Omo stick to trinidad james and soulja boy dats where your rapQ reach
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
dczieta:

DID YOU WATCH 8MILE?
Am talking about the best diss track ever made,α track which blew off the most powerful crew back in the late 80's to early 90's (N.W.A) hommie is talking 8mile & tuy soilder.... !! Am trying to hold back myself not to call you a re*tad but υ leave ♍e no options mehn!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
dczieta:

Guy why you dey Bleep up nw how can you compare Stan to any song in this life? Even ordinary Meek mill's Tony story is better than Rewind
Okay I had gotten tired of this thread already tlll you compared meek mill's tony (which i have not heard) and nas' rewind, so i will just take a lil time of my cooking to say; mehn you get ur own opinnion oh, but even meek mill and him oga for mmg knw say nas is their lord. I take baba God beg you no talk this tin for sone kin places oh.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
decepticos:
Okay I had gotten tired of this thread already tlll you compared meek mill's tony (which i have not heard) and nas' rewind, so i will just take a lil time of my cooking to say; mehn you get ur own opinnion oh, but even meek mill and him oga for mmg knw say nas is their lord. I take baba God beg you no talk this tin for sone kin places oh.
Leave the boy alone, he's been bittching about Eminem this Eminem that like he's been stung by α bug.
Eminem could be τђΞ only rapper he's heard of.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
Really funny how some folks just wanna speak 4 speaking sake......its obvious some folks know nuttin about hiphop/rap music.....I don't like being caught up in arguments about whose better than who....let's just accept dem kats are creatively gud @ d art in their own unique way.........meanwhile been battling hard 2 compile my 20 rap MVP hit songs of all time......but ended up with more than 150 songs on dat list......finding it really difficult 2 trim dat list ......... Aaaarggghhh............lol

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
almaliki: Really funny how some folks just wanna speak 4 speaking sake......its obvious some folks know nuttin about hiphop/rap music.....I don't like being caught up in arguments about whose better than who....let's just accept dem kats are creatively gud @ d art in their own unique way.........meanwhile been battling hard 2 compile my 20 rap MVP hit songs of all time......but ended up with more than 150 songs on dat list......finding it really difficult 2 trim dat list ......... Aaaarggghhh............lol

suggestion Wasiu ayinde OMO NAIJA tight punchílås
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
decepticos:

you have decided without a fair trial its your opinion sha shebi?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Kingsintei: -The best way i can discribe hip-Hop of nowadays is a "disaster",so irritating-with wrack rapper pretending to be pac or BiGGie_ they hang around their neck hundred of chains (2chain) and make chips that seems like a brazzers video.

-But wat i worry most about is that the new generation of people take this shit like the real key to hip-pop,

-nowadays when some one meet a rapper the 1st thin he asks him is where are ya cars and the lyrics no more....{Bleep ybnl 4 that}coz they kill hip-pop the moment they sing trash

Now snoopdogg and some big time rapper is becoming unbecoming, and it seems like no one cares about the music anymore and all they all wanna sing about is money all alone, even when money don't feel them,and some does'nt look like money holder (Drake)

-I wonder when they pass-on who will be there to recite the crap those imposter made and call that line or whatsoeva.

OP i feel your pain!!!!!!

how did we get from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtrNj47u1D8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea-ezolZq5k

to this?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsyEjQ8a8XI

it's maddening!! angry angry

when you can have lil wayne fans ARGUE with 2pac and biggie fans about lil wayne
being one of the greatest..you KNOW we are doomed!! grin

the only plus is that there are more people who are fed up
with today's music and are speaking out.

but the issue is like 70 percent of today's rap is bought by non-blacks
who think any black man with his pants sagging, wearing jewelry and
living up to the thuggish stereotype is "a dope rapper". lol

You should listen to West Side Connection's "SuperStar"...they were speaking the TRUTH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMkbPOPEf8

(although i think ice cube was popping shots at tupac and biggie with the "you aint my dog till you laid up in a hearse" line.. angry )
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:43am On Apr 18, 2013
dczieta:

you no hear ambition? Abi you no hear lotus flower bomb ? Wale head wrap 4 rap
wale is not even AVERAGE, he is WACK!
i know his our broda n all dat, but I'm just callin it how i see it mehn.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2013
dczieta:

u're kidding right?
wtf!?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:46am On Apr 18, 2013
dczieta:

DID YOU WATCH 8MILE?
*falls down from oyedepo's private jet*
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 6:55am On Apr 18, 2013
money-hungry :

u're kidding right?
wtf!?

i swear i no dey play listen to stan again
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2013
dczieta:

you have decided without a fair trial its your opinion sha shebi?
Broda i don go download meek mill's tony story(it seems its in 2 parts) ok take this track put it in reverse with a lot more complexity, then u get Nas' Rewind. Its still ma opinnion oh, but if we get technical and count syllables per bars, sentences per bars, syllables rhymed and so on you'd find tony loosing to the rewind.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
money-hungry :

wale is not even AVERAGE, he is WACK!
i know his our broda n all dat, but I'm just callin it how i see it mehn.

lol damn.

wale is cool (i met him btw @ my job grin back in the day).
i mean he's not my favorite but he has some joints
i rock to. i love lotus flower bomb...like that right there will always
be a hit to me. smiley
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Kingsintei(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
well i saw all what you posted,they are all 9ice and thats the fact of all fact and i did reli like them thank you all @twomon1 is my twitter user
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by MrNazreal: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
.....Hip hop ain't dead...its just been spiced up by wat we cal Nu-Skool {kendrick lamar, 2chainz}....
and I ain't sayin' Eminem is d best, but men I got lots of respect 4 d dude.... He doesn't rap 'bout Drugs and Holes, unlike Ice...men da dude is WACK, His career is so wrecked dat he had to switch to Movies, I never got d chance 2 lyk though... His punch so weak, his rhymes so lame...Jux a blac boi sellin' dope....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kingsintei: well i saw all what you posted,they are all 9ice and thats the fact of all fact and i did reli like them thank you all @twomon1 is my twitter user

Flaws of this post
1.Dosen't relate to topic
2.Wetin concern your twitter "HANDLER" for the mata
3.The closing gbagaun killed it

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by baslone: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2013
Monimatic: DISCLAIMER: that's Jay Z's lyrics from the track "Moment of Clarity" in his album called "Black Album" next time try to quote the owner of the lyrics, don't make people believe you wrote the lyrics

You are obviously a learner.

How old are you?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
apathy
celph tittled
asheru
jean grea
immortal technique
chino xl
talib kweli
organised konfusion
yasiin bey
pharaoh monch
diabolic
reakwon
Gza the genius
twister
Rakim
R.A the Ruggedman
methodman
redman
bustarhymes
outkast
royce da 5'9
joell ortiz
styles of beyond
fort minor
tech n9ne
eminem
dillated ppl
the infamous mobb deep
Quan
Nas
Az
Nature
ultra magnetic mc's
funkadelic
grand master flash and the furious five
lords of the underground
pete rock
BDK
kool g rap
the juice crew (both old and new)
public enemy
E.P.M.D
MF doom
ghost face killah
these r the rappers i try to listen to if you feel i need to listen to some one else new or old please add.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
decepticos: apathy
celph tittled
asheru
jean grea
immortal technique
chino xl
talib kweli
organised konfusion
yasiin bey
pharaoh monch
diabolic
reakwon
Gza the genius
twister
Rakim
R.A the Ruggedman
methodman
redman
bustarhymes
outkast
royce da 5'9
joell ortiz
styles of beyond
fort minor
tech n9ne
eminem
dillated ppl
the infamous mobb deep
Quan
Nas
Az
Nature
ultra magnetic mc's
funkadelic
grand master flash and the furious five
lords of the underground
pete rock
BDK
kool g rap
the juice crew (both old and new)
public enemy
E.P.M.D
MF doom
ghost face killah
these r the rappers i try to listen to if you feel i need to listen to some one else new or old please add.

Geto boys
Bushwick bill
Scarface
Goodie Mob
Saigon(all in a days work is really gud)
Sam sneed- streets scholars album is really gud.
Skee-lo
Twinz
WC
Wrekz n effect
Chubb rock
Rah digga
Queen pen
Pete rock
OC
Pharcyde
Nonchalant
Naughty by nature
Melman
King t
Tha alchoholics
Madcon
M.O.P
The last Emperor-(Secret wars is really gud)
J flex
Heltah skeltah
Heavy d
Da 5 footaz
Smiff n Wessun
Rage
Call o da wild
Binary star
B real
DJ muggz
Cypress hill......

Will keep d list updated when I rem some others.....!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
almaliki:

Geto boys
Bushwick bill
Scarface
Goodie Mob
Saigon(all in a days work is really gud)
Sam sneed- streets scholars album is really gud.
Skee-lo
Twinz
WC
Wrekz n effect
Chubb rock
Rah digga
Queen pen
Pete rock
OC
Pharcyde
Nonchalant
Naughty by nature
Melman
King t
Tha alchoholics
Madcon
M.O.P
The last Emperor-(Secret wars is really gud)
J flex
Heltah skeltah
Heavy d
Da 5 footaz
Smiff n Wessun
Rage
Call o da wild
Binary star
B real
DJ muggz
Cypress hill......

Will keep d list updated when I rem some others.....!
KMD
A tribe called quest
company flow
traum diggs
tito lopez
De la soul
Termanology
mystical
kurtis blow
Black thought
krizz kaliko
Paul Wall( girl i'd be in trouble if u left)
the whole DITC( big l, lord finnese, fat joe, kid capri, O.C, Buckwild)
one really old rapper will be; Jimmy spicer african bambatta too.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by killsmith(f): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
money-hungry :
someone was asking me if i can mention any rapper better than KENDRICK LAMAR?
I CAN NAME A HUNDRED!
too many commercial fans in here.
a hundred? seriously?.... i'd mention a thousand

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Download: Migos - Stir Fry Mp4 / Heal The World Was Written In 2015 – Patoranking Reveals / Ice Prince Ft. French Montana - I Swear

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.