Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music (14393 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Of Old / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos:
I'll agree, that in a battle, off the head freestyle battle, Em surpasses Nas,esp after i saw the cypher of Em, Mosdef and Black Thought. Beyond that......
my point exactly!
Em can murder almost ANY rapper in a rap battle.
but then again, a rap battle isn't d OVERLL basis factor for rating.
D better rapper is he who is not just a do.pe lyricist but he who can paint REAL n vivid pictures that folks can relate to... in clever n creative form.
for example, lets compare nas's 'rewind' n eminem's 'stan'. these two songs are about story telling.
both were nice but nas was more creative n deep.
i mean dat ni.gga told a whole BACKWARDS! !!
damn!!, datz track was first of a kind in rap.
nas said "shoot, please don't"
rewind that ^^^ line back n see why they call him ESCO.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

lmao!!
stick 2 Terry G bro n timaya....
u don't know sh't about d rap game.
I'm way 2 deep 4 u.

Niggas be acting like Lions over the internet when in reality, they're just little p-ussies. Little kid, go suck on yo mama's tit's. When you're all grown, you could then come talk to me about HIP-HOP.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Memphis357(m): 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

yeah, i agree.
slaughterhouse is do.pe n my favorite is crooked I: as in, dat nigga MAD!!.
Joey badass is da youngest lyricist in da game at d moment.... like nas back in '94.
truth be told i gotta say derz a few flaws about gambino. he doesnt always deliver, but wen he means business, he turns into a BEAST. also, he is not hood but i love him for his lyrical complexity. i love gambino of d mixtape era.
da hottest year in rap history was '94.
damn!!! we albums such as:
RESURRECTION, THE DIARY, DOE OR DIE, ILLMATIC, READY TO DIE.... all in one year!!!
damn!!!
hip-hop died so i had to go in d grave (underground) with it!.
at d moment m banging SEAN PRICE... he sick!!
Under Ground thinz mehn...
I beg,make una dey listen to "Hip Hop Classics" on Classic FM every saturday morning from 8am-10am. Best show ever!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
goldfish80:
Master P α wack rapper? Ermmm bro you sure about this? Have you listened to MP Da Last Don/Ghetto D... Now I can't take you serious if you tell ♍e those two albums are wack! These are two platinum selling hiphop albums of an era! How dare you.

About Jigga and kanye: Dude Jay Z was an underground dog doing his than with big Daddy kane απϑ the rest of them.he wasnt taken that serious cos he went comecial from the get go.btw his Hard Knock life was realesed 1998 not 1994.. Kanye started coking ƒoя him from Izzo hova (the bluePrint), Ever since then, Kanye has been feeding him with all his Grammy wining hits! Gerrit?
hold on, u still calling MASTER P do.pe? are u fvcking serious? !?! wow!!
master p is a classic WACK rapper. n i told u sales is NOT a factor when rating talent! soldier boy can sell better than royce da 5'9 n AZ put together.
yeah, HNL was in '94, i mistyped.
u say jay was commercial from d get go?
wrong! jay was gangster from reasonable doubt in '96 until HNL in '98.
jay was also a Grammy winner b4 kanye and his highest selling album ever ( HNL) was b4 kanye. kanye was nice in his early days ...when currency was his ghost writer. Now hez bull$hit.
I'm really deep in this, u might drown on my level.
should i go underground?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
druid06:

Niggas be acting like Lions over the internet when in reality, they're just little p-ussies. Little kid, go suck on yo mama's tit's. When you're all grown, you could then come talk to me about HIP-HOP.
hop off da d:ck son!!!
I'm fresh outta ur momma's mouth.
u a FAKE fonny fan bro.
i met three real rap heads on diz thread.
salute to them.
u're not on my level... son, u need rap schoolin.
I'm married to d rap game.... u sound like an in-law.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

my point exactly!
Em can murder almost ANY rapper in a rap battle.
but then again, a rap battle isn't d OVERLL basis factor for rating.
D better rapper is he who is not just a do.pe lyricist but he who can paint REAL n vivid pictures that folks can relate to... in clever n creative form.
for example, lets compare nas's 'rewind' n eminem's 'stan'. these two songs are about story telling.
both were nice but nas was more creative n deep.
i mean dat ni.gga told a whole BACKWARDS! !!
damn!!, datz track was first of a kind in rap.
nas said "shoot, please don't"
rewind that ^^^ line back n see why they call him ESCO.
Definitive story telling is quite hard to pull out, like the Wu once said anybody can rhyme but its what you say and how you say it that makes ppl knw abt u. For me slick rick is still the best storyteller ever, reason his track children story, and his verse off mosdef's auditorium ask for a vivid picture and he'll offer it on a gold platter. Nas did excellent on rewind first ever and only. if you'v heard the track stray bullet by organised konfusion off the album stress: the extinction agenda monche and po give a vivid tale of how a bullet leaves a gun and literally kills. Common dazzled with i used to love a H.E.R. Men story telling via the art form of rap has too many practitioners not leaving out immortal techniques dance with the devil. Have you heard the track Em and Nas did tittled Topless u could judge them from that.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
was just reading up this article
and just discovered nairaland has cesoured the word top.
rapgenius.com/posts/1752-Rapper-s-flow-encyclopedia-2pac
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by killsmith(f): 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :
most people here don't know hip-hop.
even in diz wack era we got talented MCs like:
-slaughterehouse; crooked I, budden, Royce, ortiz
-joey badass n da pro-era crew.
-blind fury
-kid daytona
-childish gambino
most of dem are underground ... real hip-hop fans are underground!
I'm from da golden era of rap!
nobody does it better!!!
bring it on...
dude, slaughterhouse aint underground
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by killsmith(f): 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Parnassuss: Lol you guys are claiming to be hip-hop fans here and no one even mentioned Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and Mos Def? These guys achieved commercial success and cult status (though nothing near Nas', but then again Nas is The One) even though they never went full out commercial.

New school though, Joey Badass leads the pack, Kendrick Lemar, School Boy Q, Gambino and Asap Rocky are not far off the mark.
omg! d roots (black thoughts)....black star (yasin bay aka mos def and talib kweli)....slum village, freestyle fellowship, people under the stairs, army of the pharoahes....etc....

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos:
Definitive story telling is quite hard to pull out, like the Wu once said anybody can rhyme but its what you say and how you say it that makes ppl knw abt u. For me slick rick is still the best storyteller ever, reason his track children story, and his verse off mosdef's auditorium ask for a vivid picture and he'll offer it on a gold platter. Nas did excellent on rewind first ever and only. if you'v heard the track stray bullet by organised konfusion off the album stress: the extinction agenda monche and po give a vivid tale of how a bullet leaves a gun and literally kills. Common dazzled with i used to love a H.E.R. Men story telling via the art form of rap has too many practitioners not leaving out immortal techniques dance with the devil. Have you heard the track Em and Nas did tittled Topless u could judge them from that.
u're deep. i see dat.
i can relate to ur analysis. i'd pick NOTORIOUS over SLICK in da art of story tells. my opinion. i mean, ready to die was a classic ghetto story book. another story teller i luv is REAKWON... i still have 'only built 4 cuban linx' in tape mehn. n yeah i dig konfusion n common (he fell off now) n immortal too. to me, dance with d devil is not in d same class d other songs u mentioned... but is was very real n thought provoking too.
hip-hop isn't just music to me, its a culture.
about nas n Em: trusth be told i don't compare dem cuz i luv nas too much.
n dat nas from rewind is "shoot, don't please " i misplaced d words in my other post.
everybody praising Kendrick lamar, but hez average to me... as in nothing off da hook. i don't understand d hype.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
killsmith: dude, slaughterhouse aint underground
re-read my post bro, i neva said they were underground.
i said they are one of d talented in diz wack era.
however, they were independently underground for a long time except joe budden.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by cheesome(m): 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
DICKtator: Kendrick Lamar

daz all...............

grin grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Monimatic(m): 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
Glad to know most people on this thread are fully aware that hiphop is right now in a state of bull sh**t.
But you guys aren't mentioning one of the greatest but under rated rapper/lyricist of all time, real hiphop heads know this guy, his name is AZ, he is NAS partner in rhyme right from the days of illmatic. He was featured on several Nas tracks such as“life is a bi**h” and “the flyest” he was also a member of Nas' group called the FIRM where they released a Dr Dre produced critically acclaimed single called “Phone Tap”.
AZ aslo featured Nas in the Grammy nominated single called “Essence”,

AZ was voted by fans worldwide and rap critics. on www.about.com as the No 1 underrated lyricist and underappreciated rapper of all time. His abulms are always critically acclaimed, he and Nas are regarded as the best combinational rappers ever. Some of his abulms are
Aziatic
Do or Die
SOSA
Piece of a Man
AWOL
The Format
9 Lives
Legendary
Undeniable
Just google. “AZ rapper” to know why this guy is respected by real hiphop heads in America, also try googling “Nas featuring Az life is a bi**h mp3 download” when you get the link downlad and listen to AZ spitting. You can aslo download other. AZ tracks such as
Az featuring Nas - Essence
Nas featuring Az- Flyest
Az - uncut
Az - Sosa
Az. featuring Nas - Mo Money Mo Murder

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by victorv12(m): 12:23am On Apr 17, 2013
I can't laugh...Who said Eminem can murder any MC in a rap battle?! Guys, when I hear statement like this, it makes me want to puke...Em is good, no doubt, but do you guys ever listen to Kool G rap and MOP( Billy Danze & Lil Fame)! Mahnn, I know Em can murder Kendrick Lemar,Drake and some new cats out there, but not these MC's I mentioned. In fact, I know female MC's that can slaughter Em!!!

Where is ma Nigga Ice-cube?! So Eminem can murder Easy - E too ?! The list of rappers that can murder Em in a rap battle is enormous!! Where's my NIGGA Method man?! Damn! Some of these Nairalanders knows S H I T about hip-hop!! DMX, where ur at?!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 12:28am On Apr 17, 2013
The Firm
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 12:37am On Apr 17, 2013
victorv12: I can't laugh...Who said Eminem can murder any MC in a rap battle?! Guys, when I hear statement like this, it makes me want to puke...Em is good, no doubt, but do you guys ever listen to Kool G rap and MOP( Billy Danze & Lil Fame)! Mahnn, I know Em can murder Kendrick Lemar,Drake and some new cats out there, but not these MC's I mentioned. In fact, I know female MC's that can slaughter Em!!!

Where is ma Nigga Ice-cube?! So Eminem can murder Easy - E too ?! The list of rappers that can murder Em in a rap battle is enormous!! Where's my NIGGA Method man?! Damn! Some of these Nairalanders knows S H I T about hip-hop!! DMX, where ur at?!!
Come on Eminem vs Kool G Rap would ne suicidal for Eminem, MOP too is outta this world, but i heard methodman aint into battles, also no matter how legendary thr others u have mentioned are, i am sorry to say but eminem surpasses DMX, Ice cube and easy e.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Classicman47(m): 12:41am On Apr 17, 2013
Kingsintei: -The best way i can discribe hip-Hop of nowadays is a "disaster",so irritating-with wrack rapper pretending to be pac or BiGGie_ they hang around their neck hundred of chains (2chain) and make chips that seems like a brazzers video.

-But wat i worry most about is that the new generation of people take this shit like the real key to hip-pop,

-nowadays when some one meet a rapper the 1st thin he asks him is where are ya cars and the lyrics no more....{Bleep ybnl 4 that}coz they kill hip-pop the moment they sing trash

Now snoopdogg and some big time rapper is becoming unbecoming, and it seems like no one cares about the music anymore and all they all wanna sing about is money all alone, even when money don't feel them,and some does'nt look like money holder (Drake)

-I wonder when they pass-on who will be there to recite the crap those imposter made and call that line or whatsoeva.
Bros wetin be all dis nah I cant make out a single thing from all dis.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by justscorch: 12:54am On Apr 17, 2013
-mos def
-common
-the roots
-talib kwali
-gangstarr
-scarface
-Nas
-jayZ (after the black album I lost interest)
-kendrick
-dmx
-canibus
-BIG krit
-Capone n Noreaga
-The LOX
-naughty by nature
-N.W.A
-busta rhymes
-vector tha viper
-mode nine
-ruggedman (before he sold out)
-kanye (college dropout only)
-lil wayne(tha carter 1 album was aii)
-T.I
-lupe fiasco
-B.I.G
-pac
-slick rick
-Meth n Red
-Ruff Rugged n Raw (u heard me)
-dagrin
-lord of ajasa
-kano
-jarule
-eminem (early years)
-Snoop dogg (dat year)
-xzibit
-kurupt young gotti
-Fiddy (get rich or die tryin was fire)
-pharoah monarch
-shyne po
-wu tang
-nate dogg
-B.o.B
-blind fury

Ati be be lo

Still we will survive no matter what my niggas just stay alive
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by victorv12(m): 12:55am On Apr 17, 2013
AZ is like Jaz O to Jigga...To a level, I prefer AZ's delivery to Naz. But out of the lyricist that I love the most is Guru! That brother is a good story teller. His delivery is 100 percent undiluted! Guru is always on point! But Rakim, the only thing I can say is to salute!! Nas can't even look someone like that in the face!! That brother got some New Jack city style mhenn! That brother is "Juice ( know the ledge)"!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by victorv12(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2013
How can Em surpass Ice Cube, DMX and Easy ?! Bro, Easy's boys alone, BG Knocc out and Dresta, Em can't match them...Again,Ice-Cube...Cube is 'FLAWLISS'!!

I can compromise to that of X because I know the dude is always highhhhh which I still doubt em can battle!

I will like you to watch these videos on Youtube:

Easy E - Real Compton City G's / Dr Dre' s Diss!

Ice Cube - King of the Hill/ Cypress Hill Diss

You can compare these tracks to all em's best diss tracks!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by APOKA(m): 3:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Lol
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Porthable(m): 5:06am On Apr 17, 2013
Seriozzlly?? U just talked about kendrick like dat?? Have u heard his album?? Then go back and listen to the track in order and u knw what i mean if u still doubt him just try and get any of his mixtapes like "compton unrealsed"
DICKtator: Kendrick Lamar

daz all...............

grin grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Porthable(m): 5:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Team kenrick i rep but to say he is a guru might be a hype until another album drops @least we nw hope d btiches won't kill his vibe!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by MrNazreal: 6:53am On Apr 17, 2013
victorv12: How can Em surpass Ice Cube, DMX and Easy ?! Bro, Easy's boys alone, BG Knocc out and Dresta, Em can't match them...Again,Ice-Cube...Cube is 'FLAWLISS'!!

I can compromise to that of X because I know the dude is always highhhhh which I still doubt em can battle!

Ur d reason y most Nigerians dnt know sh*t 'bout 'rap'....
Eminem's rules: *dnt let him go 1st* *dnt let him go 2nd* *dnt battle Eminem* or jux ask Jay Z....
Damn! google 'Kings of Freestyle battles' and youtude 'Em with Tim westwood' and watch him slay wack dudes!!! Jeez! who's DMX, Ice Cube? !!!lmfao!!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by joeyfire(m): 7:50am On Apr 17, 2013
OP spoke my mind. Hip hop has really fallen off its creative pedestal. I read some posters say biggie and pac added to it by making gangsta rap go mainstream. Personally i blame "dirty south" rappers for dumbing down rap. it started with master p and his "no limit" gang with big beats, flashy colourful videos with big batty girls shaking all over the place in the late 90s. Those guys were wack but their beats appealed to their "dirty south" fans and they sold millions. Of course Cash Money Bros sprung from the south (atlanta) and today Young Money etc. Of course some dirty south rappers are bad guys like outkast, ludacris and few others.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2013
victorv12: How can Em surpass Ice Cube, DMX and Easy ?! Bro, Easy's boys alone, BG Knocc out and Dresta, Em can't match them...Again,Ice-Cube...Cube is 'FLAWLISS'!!

Bro, your rap cred is tyte,My respect. Only a select few hiphop fans with the prophetic mind can see what ure saying. There are people Eminem dare not!I repeat Dare not! battle with on Freestyle. Easy E is one of them,Ice is one of them. Those guys can murder b!tchees on the MIC.Even Eminem has people whom he is loyal to. Once again My respect bro

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2013
I had 2 dig into da vault 2 list out some kats who kept it real wit hiphop/rap.....
Rakim
Buckshot
Das efx
Lords of the underground
Bishop lamonte
The roots
Canibus
Pharcyde
Dilated people
EPMD
Parish smith
Masta Ace
Keith murray
Redman
Boot camp clik
Sticky fingaz
Blackmoon
Little brother
Justus league
Saigon
Ceaser comanche
Sean boog
Sean price A.k.A rusty juxx
Lil 1/2 Dead
Rass Kass
Large proffessor
Group home
X-clan
Onyx
Tech n9ne
Phife dawg.....

...damn d list is just 2 long 4 me 2 write em all...but each kat on dat list...I have their complete discographies.......... Hip hop heads in d house....u can surely add urs 2 d list...........compiling my 20 greatest rap song of all time.......will fill u in pretty soon.........peace
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Freiburger(m): 8:21am On Apr 17, 2013
almaliki: I had 2 dig into da vault 2 list out some kats who keep it real wit hiphop/rap.....
Rakim
Bishop lamonte
Canibus
Pharcyde
Dilated people
EPMD
Parish smith
Masta Ace
Keith murray
Redman
Boot camp clik
Sticky fingaz
Blackmoon
Little brother
Justus league
Saigon
Ceaser comanche
Sean boog
Lil 1/2 Dead
Rass Kass
Large proffessor
Group home
X-clan
Onyx
Tech n9ne
Phife dawg......damn d list is just 2 long 4 me 2 write em all.......but hip hop heads in d house....u can surely add urs 2 d list...........compiling my 20 greatest rap song of all time.......will fill u in pretty soon.........peace

Why are The Roots and Outlawz missing in your list?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Freiburger:

Why are The Roots and Outlawz in missing in your list?

Lol....list edited....u surely can include yours 2 d list.....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2013
almaliki: I had 2 dig into da vault 2 list out some kats who kept it real wit hiphop/rap.....
Rakim
Buckshot
Das efx
Lords of the underground
Bishop lamonte
The roots
Canibus
Pharcyde
Dilated people
EPMD
Parish smith
Masta Ace
Keith murray
Redman
Boot camp clik
Sticky fingaz
Blackmoon
Little brother
Justus league
Saigon
Ceaser comanche
Sean boog
Lil 1/2 Dead
Rass Kass
Large proffessor
Group home
X-clan
Onyx
Tech n9ne
Phife dawg......damn d list is just 2 long 4 me 2 write em all.......but hip hop heads in d house....u can surely add urs 2 d list...........compiling my 20 greatest rap song of all time.......will fill u in pretty soon.........peace
Bro your list aint complete without Big L,RUN-D.M.C,The Fat boys,the Cold crush Brothers,Sugarhill gang.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence (cyril Remix) Mp3 Download / Video Download: Migos - Stir Fry Mp4 / Heal The World Was Written In 2015 – Patoranking Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.