Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music (14397 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Of Old / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
njokusboy: I'd listen to every shit dat the white dude spews (eminem), dat guy is a freak, talk about unadulterated lyrics, straight from the heart, dat dude is passionate.

"Maybe its hatred I spew, maybe its food for the spirit, maybe its beautiful music nd made for u to cherish but am debated,disputed hated nd viewed in america as a motherfucking drug addict "

Listen to renegade ft jay z, d dude killed it
don't compare them with a single project bro.
jay-z in his prime dayz would slaughter Em.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
dczieta: Problems of todays Rap

MGK
TRINIDAD JAMES
WAKA FLOCKA
GUNPLAY
YOUNG JEEZY
GUCCI MANE
YO GOTTI
maybe 2CHAINZ
new LIL WAYNE
BIRDMAN and
FUTURE

oh i nearly forgot OLA"freaking"MIDE
right.
but i gotta say weezy n jeezy used to be nice in their prime dayz.... they fell off.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
Guru asked asked a simple question, "whats going on with the mass appeal?" from the track mass appeal by gangstarr. People who mention Master p who is the old version of Birdman - money and a high degree of wackness- and leave out Big L are falling my hand. Nobody remembers Tha Gravediggaz, Company flow or Organised Confusion, no present dey rapper i'v come across would want to pick up these guys style they were of the 90's and were complex, today you hear nursery rhymes as rap take Nikki fing minaj for instance. Evolution in the art is essential, but shouldn't cause the fall of the art. One thing i like though about today's rap is that ppl dont go out seeking beef or blood unlike the Pac and Biggie era.

2 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

This is a big lie, if jay in his prime were to battle Em in his prime, Em's victory would be bigger than when Dizaster finished Canibus, come on even the guy you qouted says eminen ft jay on renegade, while we all knw its the other way around. Peace.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: Nas, the only dude that never went commercial and still keeping it real. Snoop dog/lion or whatever he's called now went commercial. Heck, the dude is about to release his own raggae album ( I think he's going through some midlife crisis..lol.. )... Fity followed the bliss and the fame then got covered by it all. Eminem is still keeping it real but also gone commercial. I never really liked Jay-Z kind of music apart from Death of Autotune and Blue-Magic, he's always talking about the money and fame. Kanye west is an arrogant fool, I hate that bastard with every inch of my being. RickRoss was original when he first came out but now every word that spews from his mouth is trash. The nigga is always like '' I got 12 lambogini's and shi-t''.. True story is that the dude is broke as f-uck... Rakim, king of rap, was even better than biggie and pac.
judging from ur post, u're shallow rap fan.
damn broda! do u listen to rap?
u never liked jay-z but u like D.O.A n BLUE MAGIC?!!!?
wow!!! dose are wack songs compared to jay of da reasonable doubt dayz.
rick ross was original? damn!
u need to go back to d basics bro, mentionin GOD MC doesn't give u any rap cred.
step up man.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos: "hip-hop is dead"-Nas
"hip-hop lives" - KRS-ONE.
Constant arguements will persist as to the way present day hiphop is perceived. A good friend of the B.I.G once said "listening to greats like Rakim, KRS ONE, Slick rick, and kool g rap, one feels like he wete in grad school, but today's rap felt too elementary"- R.A the Rugged man, well its true, exclude a few of todays rappers like kendrick lamar as a lot have mentioned it then becomes hard for someone like me to listen to songs from new cats. I still and keep searching for old and new works from the likes of;
The Wu tang clan
Common
Big daddy kane
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch
Yasin bey aka Mosdef
Rakim
Guru of Gangstarr
Tech n9ne
Talib kweli and much more,
its at times disheartening that those of us who do not like Rick Ross' rather irrelevant style of hiphop are called haters, and how ppl who would love nothing but to slap Drake if not for anything at all but for taking a jab at Common, who single handedly made Ice cube surrender. hiphop accordind to KRS isnt just d music though but street everything from slang to business. I stick with older heads and whenever a new song piques my interest like Traum diggs 5th avenue flow, and Tito Lopez's the blues i pick em up.
salute to a rap head!

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dfolan: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
my gross with hip hop of today is too much profanity and nudity, that's what the likes of lil Wayne, 2chain, drake etc represents, I really don't know what these guys do in the studio only spew trash, 2Pac used hip hop to express his grievances with the govt and societal ills.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Itcharles: To every artiste,there are" highs and lows" time.once in a while u Will see an artiste u regarded with high esteem producing wack music and u will say,'I thought u wer better than this'....but there are times u will notice even the worst artiste making music whose quality are out of this world.personally I don't av favorite artiste.I listen to all of them.if ur music is good,u will remain in my playlist but if u are bad, sorry u are out.that not withstanding,there are still very good hiphop artiste in our time.guys like jcole,childish gambino, Ryan Leslie,Lupe fiasco,ludacris, drake,BoB,Yelawolf,and my boy TI are still very good.there are times that Rick Ross,lilwayne,French Montana,Nicky minaj,etc still make good hiphop music and I listen to them sometime put them on repeat.my submission is that hiphop is not death but that what the artiste sings is what the generation whats.#justcantstopplayinghiphop.
wtf?!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
saintvalx:

How did he go commercial, was the lyrics tight or not? A catchy hook and an incredible beat is not a crime as long the lyrical content is on point.
Guy according to the magazine MASS APPEAL, the moment Nas and large Professor went diff ways after their work on Illmatic Nas was in a way commercial i.e as you know d albums after illmatic amongst which were Nastrodamus and Godson though having commercial success were in no way up to par when compared to illmatic things changed with the lost tapes and still-matic, so Nas like Biggie was once commercial. Has anyone heard from Craig Mack.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
almaliki: What present Rappers fail 2 realize is dat rap is an artistic combination of beatz rhymes and poetry....early rappers of d 90's did it 4 d love and passion of the art.....but present day rappers do it 4 d money n fame.....all well hiphop/rap music died & got buried a long while ago......though some underground kats stll keep it real......black hippy crew(jay rock,Kendrick lamar, ab-soul & school boy Q) gives me a reason 2 listen 2 present day rap music.....90's rap remains timeless......!...way back in d 90's d competition was stiff....ur game had 2 be really tight in order 2 be relevant...but now...there ain't no competition.......Mc's n fem'c's....had 2 fight 4 their bragging rights....but now it's all bullshit......!.

I still stick my earbuds 2 a few real rap music faithfuls who keep it real underground......
another rap head!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
ShyM-X:
Kendrick Lemar, Wale, J. Cole, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badazz, Astro(from xfactor) etc. are still bringing the heat...

And old school dons like Nas, Common Sense, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, D'block etc. are still rapping as well...

Just be more selective with your choice of music...
wale? like seriously?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
Memphis357:
Naaaa,son!!! Hip Hop in the 90's was the golden era. That decade produced the albums that change the tide of hip hop. Albums like "The Chronic", "Ready To Die", "Doggystyle", "Illmatic", "A Low End Theory", "Vol.2 Hard Knock Life",etc. Men!!! That was the year!
how could u 4get 'reasonable doubt' n 'doe or die'?!
u 4get wu-tang too!
damn!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Danla90: The rappers are too full of themselves now and instead of spitting out the truth, they go flaunting their dollar bills because they are afraid of the ruling class and are engaged in the vices that have consumed the society.The rappers are too full of themselves now and instead of spitting out the truth, they go flaunting their dollar bills because they are afraid of the ruling class and are engaged in the vices that have consumed the society.The rappers are too full of themselves now and instead of spitting out the truth, they go flaunting their dollar bills because they are afraid of the ruling class and are engaged in the vices that have consumed the society.
wrong! !
money has always been an important factor in rap.
do your research bro.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
ShyM-X:

Who's better than him?

And are you sure you understand the science and mathematics behind rapping?
are u underground n deep or just an average commercial fan?
is he better dan Joey badass?
step up mehn.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Omega911(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos:
Guy according to the magazine MASS APPEAL, the moment Nas and large Professor went diff ways after their work on Illmatic Nas was in a way commercial i.e as you know d albums after illmatic amongst which were Nastrodamus and Godson though having commercial success were in no way up to par when compared to illmatic things changed with the lost tapes and still-matic, so Nas like Biggie was once commercial. Has anyone heard from Craig Mack.

Word up!
'Flava In Ya Ear' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDqq3ndNUWY
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos:
This is a big lie, if jay in his prime were to battle Em in his prime, Em's victory would be bigger than when Dizaster finished Canibus, come on even the guy you qouted says eminen ft jay on renegade, while we all knw its the other way around. Peace.
do u agree dat eminem would kill nas in a rap battle?
answer, then we can debate further ....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
someone was asking me if i can mention any rapper better than KENDRICK LAMAR?
I CAN NAME A HUNDRED!
too many commercial fans in here.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

judging from ur post, u're shallow rap fan.
damn broda! do u listen to rap?
u never liked jay-z but u like D.O.A n BLUE MAGIC?!!!?
wow!!! dose are wack songs compared to jay of da reasonable doubt dayz.
rick ross was original? damn!
u need to go back to d basics bro, mentionin GOD MC doesn't give u any rap cred.
step up man.

Dude, it's my personal opinion. If you don't agree with me, then maybe you should go shoot yourself for all I care. If you had taken time to read about my mentions, you would have noticed where I clearly said I never liked JayZ, only felt 2 of his singles. BlueMagic was based on one of my favorite movies the American Gansta and on D.O.A, JayZ went real and raw instead of the usual bragging. Go listen to BlueMagic and D.O.A then come back and tell me how you feel. Those are just his 2 singles I like for personal reasons liked I've explained. RickRoss was real when he was underground. As soon as he came into the limelight, he lost his way. Go listen to his old mixtapes... I think it's you that needs schooling on the basics. HIP-HOP has always been my life.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Freiburger(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
decepticos:
Nas was in a way commercial i.e as you know d albums after illmatic amongst which were Nastrodamus and Godson
You 're right, i still got memories of the Nastradamus album, there was a direct runned advert as one of the its tracks.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

do u agree dat eminem would kill nas in a rap battle?
answer, then we can debate further ....
I'll agree, that in a battle, off the head freestyle battle, Em surpasses Nas,esp after i saw the cypher of Em, Mosdef and Black Thought. Beyond that......
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
Freiburger:
You 're right, i still got memories of the Nastradamus album, there was a direct runned advert as one of the its tracks.
The ad was a joke on some crazy stuff they called hydrodrops
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :
someone was asking me if i can mention any rapper better than KENDRICK LAMAR?
I CAN NAME A HUNDRED!
too many commercial fans in here.

God bless u.....I agree with u a 100 %.........!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by goldfish80(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

hey, black broda!!
there'z a difference b/w being NICE and being A DO.PE LYRICIST!!!!
All dem cats i mentioned were/are nice rappers in their prime n influenced d rap game in various ways but cannot be called DO.PE LYRICISTS!!.
don't school me about awards, success, sales n awards cuz those are NOT factors of RATING a good lyricist.
I wonder how u view lyricism but u got it wrong man.
can u compare IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE or TECH9 to KANYE?.
d answers is no but immortal n tech dont have any of d factors u stressed wen evaluating KANYE.
feel me?
again, i don't think u know jay-z too well. kanye's production helped him sell but was selling platinum b4 kanye came in... In '94, HARD KNOCK LIFE album sold 4mill. but, m stressing about lyricism n REASONABLE DOUBT is jay-z's do.pest album n will 4eva be.
I'm a fvcking hip-hop head mehn!!!
u lost ur rap cred when u mentioned MASTER P, datz a fail!!!
damn!! one of d wackest rappest eva!!!
when it comes to hip-hop, I'm on anoda level bro!!

Master P α wack rapper? Ermmm bro you sure about this? Have you listened to MP Da Last Don/Ghetto D... Now I can't take you serious if you tell ♍e those two albums are wack! These are two platinum selling hiphop albums of an era! How dare you.

About Jigga and kanye: Dude Jay Z was an underground dog doing his than with big Daddy kane απϑ the rest of them.he wasnt taken that serious cos he went comecial from the get go.btw his Hard Knock life was realesed 1998 not 1994.. Kanye started coking ƒoя him from Izzo hova (the bluePrint), Ever since then, Kanye has been feeding him with all his Grammy wining hits! Gerrit?
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Eminem, one of my favorite rap artiste of all time. The thing about Eminem is his passion for rap. Spits punchlines like no man's business. Killed it on Cypher with his sick lines, made the other artiste look like bunch of amateurs.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by victorv12(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
I must confess, to all you dudes talking about Kendrick lemar that he's dope, it's obvious you guys don't know S H I T about Hip-hop! Because an artist signed under Dre doesn't mean he can't be wack! The guys delivery is so poor. The guy is being over hyped by Beats, Interscope and MTV!! Which of you guys can compare Kendrick to any of Dre's boys in the 90's? Artists like Snoop, Daz and Kurupt (Dogg Pound), Lady of Rage and Nate Dogg! Let's forget about Kendrick, that guy is lame!!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
victorv12: I must confess, to all you dudes talking about Kendrick lemar that he's dope, it's obvious you guys don't know S H I T about Hip-hop! Because an artist signed under Dre doesn't mean he can't be wack! The guys delivery is so poor. The guy is being over hyped by Beats, Interscope and MTV!! Which of you guys can compare Kendrick to any of Dre's boys in the 90's? Artists like Snoop, Daz and Kurupt (Dogg Pound), Lady of Rage and Nate Dogg! Let's forget about Kendrick, that guy is lame!!!

WORD!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by victorv12(m): 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nairaland, Na D O P E, I yan now no be drugs!!!

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
victorv12: Nairaland, Na D O P E, I yan now no be drugs!!!

Hahaha!, Absolutely true and totally hilarious...
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by MrNazreal: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Truth b told; hip hop ain't dead, its jux being spiced up i.e New Skool tinz....
And 4 does who said Kendrick Lamar is best, Jeez! U guyz dnt know shit 'bout rap. Besides he's 'fresh blood' and still learnin' 4rm 'Game'(wack 2 me)....
Long live Nas, Em, Dre, Rozay etc.Hip Hop Shit...
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
money-hungry :

How dare you. When it comes to punch lines nd wordplay, jay- z doesn't even come close , even nas would draw a line here. Be careful, lest you anger the god of rap.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by moneyhungry(m): 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2013
druid06:

Dude, it's my personal opinion. If you don't agree with me, then maybe you should go shoot yourself for all I care. If you had taken time to read about my mentions, you would have noticed where I clearly said I never liked JayZ, only felt 2 of his singles. BlueMagic was based on one of my favorite movies the American Gansta and on D.O.A, JayZ went real and raw instead of the usual bragging. Go listen to BlueMagic and D.O.A then come back and tell me how you feel. Those are just his 2 singles I like for personal reasons liked I've explained. RickRoss was real when he was underground. As soon as he came into the limelight, he lost his way. Go listen to his old mixtapes... I think it's you that needs schooling on the basics. HIP-HOP has always been my life.
lmao!!
stick 2 Terry G bro n timaya....
u don't know sh't about d rap game.
I'm way 2 deep 4 u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Download: Migos - Stir Fry Mp4 / Heal The World Was Written In 2015 – Patoranking Reveals / Ice Prince Ft. French Montana - I Swear

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.