Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,456 members, 7,917,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:02 AM

Satan - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan (7546 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Muhammed Teachings About Shaitan (Satan). . .Just Too Hilarious! / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 21, 2013
When discussing GOD, LOVE and the subject of EVIL, man's help culpable for the entrance of EVIL into this world. What is Satan's role then?

Funny Christians.
Re: Satan by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje:

Have you ever seen the devil by meditating?. . .
do i need him to see him?
Re: Satan by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 21, 2013
hisblud: do i need him to see him?
So, basically you're asking us to take a road you've never been on. Wonderful.

And when we come back and tell you the road led nowhere, you say we are wrong, we probably didn't drive at the right speed, or drive the right distance.

Insightful.

2 Likes

Re: Satan by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:
Na wa.
This quite new from the stable of religilous rabble babble.
I thought Christianity was reading the bible and accepting Jesus by faith. Up till now, i never heard that transcendental mediation was a requirement. I thought that was new age Buddhism.
I new stuff everyday from no Christians.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all." (1 Timothy 4:14-15).
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2013
hisblud: do i need him to see him?

You have never seen him but yet you are here telling me to meditate and call unto his name and i will see him. . .Why tell people to do things you have never tried?. . .
Re: Satan by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje:

I tire. . .Satan is already trying to destroy men according to the story, when isn't he in central Abuja or Lagos bargaining for souls?. . .God they say remains hidden because of free willm what about satan?. . Why does he remain invisible when all of them believe he exist already?. . .Why is he hiding?. . .
he has already by the blindness you have
"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2013
^^

The same gods of this world that blinded your minds to the divine revelation of the Koran, no?. . .Is satan only invisible to unbelievers?. . .
Re: Satan by plaetton: 6:36pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
Because they are not visible to human eyes, duh. Ever heard of infrared or spectrum or planes of sound or vibration that humans can't readily access using just the 'five' senses?

Yes , we have heard of them.
And what's more, we have intruments that can help us detect these things.
Can we cay the same thing for god, satan and spirits?
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje:

So infrared and spectrum of planes are supernatural because we can't see them?. . .The devil is invisible because?. . .Why must he be invisible when people already believe he exist?. . .Does that make any sense to you?. . .Is the devil omnipresent?. . .
This mazaje seems a little different from the one i used to know. Anyway, to each question in its order.
Infrared and spectrum are not supernatural, they are invisible.
The devil is invisible because he is a spirit and spirits are normally invisible like oxygen, infrared and sound.
He was not initially invisible because of people(irrespective of their beliefs). He was and is invisible because he is a spirit being.
Yes, it makes perfect sense to me as i do not have the defect of having to see things to know that they exist.
There is nothing to suggest or affirm that the devil is omnipresent.

1 Like

Re: Satan by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje: ^^

The same gods of this world that blinded your minds to the divine revelation of the Koran, no?. . .Is satan only invisible to unbelievers?. . .
Satan rather deceives unbelievers by blinding them from the glorious light of the gospel of Christ. It is the light of the gospel that will make you not ignorant of his devices.
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2013
dare2think:

Ok Grammer troll, once again do not obfuscate, lets stick to the subject.

You can't attest to what you have no idea about. 'Spirits are invisible', yet you have no idea how or why!

Do not make assertive statements if you can not back it up. This is not a church congregation where you are fed nonsense without being respected enough to inspect properly.

Perhaps you need to broaden you own capacity to learn and,at the very least, be sincere enough to admit you know nothing about your 'spirits' that are invisible.
Atheism should not erode your civility and sanity, stop calling me names. Now, why do you have two hands(if you do)?
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
This mazaje seems a little different from the one i used to know. Anyway, to each question in its order.
Infrared and spectrum are not supernatural, they are invisible.
The devil is invisible because he is a spirit and spirits are normally invisible like oxygen, infrared and sound.
He was not initially invisible because of people(irrespective of their beliefs). He was and is invisible because he is a spirit being.
Yes, it makes perfect sense to me as i do not have the defect of having to see things to know that they exist.
There is nothing to suggest or affirm that the devil is omnipresent.

OK. . .What form of shape do spirits have?. . .How do you know that the devil exist? Have you encountered him personally? has he ever spoken to you, contacted you in any way?. . .beleivers all over the world blame satan for many bad stuffs and ascribe to him many bads things, believers in USA and Nigeria all blame satan for tempting them, at this very moment I know that there are believers in Ghana and South Africa blaming satan for many things. . .How can satan be in USA and igeria at the same time without him being omnipresent?. . .
Re: Satan by plaetton: 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
@hisblud and Image123:

I find it very very interesting that the two of you champions of faith, are bolding asserting on this forum, that one needs deep meditations to perceive and see the grace of god, satan and spirits.

That is simply mazing, as you may be right.

So,my big question is:
In simple honesty, How do you stand up and argue, in simple language, without contradicting yourselves, majaze's and other atheist's repeated assertions that:

god, satan and spirits are things conjured up deep inside the minds of the religious faithful?

Seriously, how do you argue against bolded above , when you have said in simply english that we need to go deep inside our minds , through meditations and spiritual exeerises, to see and feel god, satan and spirits?
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:
Spiritual exercises?
Whigh ones?
Would you not be the among the first to condemn such as pagan, heathen witchcraft or satanic?
Are there any that are prescribed in your bible?

Religion na wa!
i said 'spiritism' not 'spiritual'. Google is your friend. You are the one looking for proof, not me. i already know that you will reject the bible if i pointed you to it as proof for satan or spirit existence.
Proverbs 18:1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
hisblud: Satan rather deceives unbelievers by blinding them from the glorious light of the gospel of Christ. It is the light of the gospel that will make you not ignorant of his devices.

Have you ever seen satan decieving any body or did you hear it from a story?. . .After all according to muslims it is the same satan that is decieving you and stoping you from seeing the glorious light of the Koran which is allah's divine book. .
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje: ^^

what is the divine revelation that Christians are blinded to? Satan is invisible to human beings.
Re: Satan by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje:

Have you ever seen satan decieving any body or did you hear it from a story?. . .After all according to muslims it is the same satan that is decieving you and stoping you from seeing the glorious light of the Koran which is allah's divine book. .

There may be no god but please don't doubt the existence of the Mighty One. We see Him all the time. Believe and you can see him too.
Re: Satan by plaetton: 7:03pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
i said 'spiritism' not 'spiritual'. Google is your friend. You are the one looking for proof, not me. i already know that you will reject the bible if i pointed you to it as proof for satan or spirit existence.
Proverbs 18:1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.

Huh?
Good logic.
I might reject your proof, therefore there is no need to present it. shocked
I love religious logic! grin
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:

Yes , we have heard of them.
And what's more, we have intruments that can help us detect these things.
Can we cay the same thing for god, satan and spirits?
Good boy, good. Instruments. Im a similar sense, there are medium or means of 'seeing', communicating and interacting with spirits.
Re: Satan by plaetton: 7:12pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
Good boy, good. Instruments. Im a similar sense, there are medium or means of 'seeing', communicating and interacting with spirits.

And let me guess: meditation and spiritual exercises, right?
How about opium and other hallucinogens?
Do they work too?
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2013
mazaje:

OK. . .What form of shape do spirits have?. . .How do you know that the devil exist? Have you encountered him personally? has he ever spoken to you, contacted you in any way?. . .beleivers all over the world blame satan for many bad stuffs and ascribe to him many bads things, believers in USA and Nigeria all blame satan for tempting them, at this very moment I know that there are believers in Ghana and South Africa blaming satan for many things. . .How can satan be in USA and igeria at the same time without him being omnipresent?. . .
Spirits have spirit-form, huh. It's a different realm, the spirit realm. Its akin to asking the shape of sound, or the form of love, happiness, the length of pity or fear. These things are invisible but are real.i know the devil exists because the bible says he does and describes him and his works. i know gases 'exist'. Not everybody can show that, though it can be shown. There are more than a billion people in the world who are oblivious to the fact that they exhale co2. It doesn't change the fact. I know ions exist, i know bacteria exist, i know hate exists. We can clearly see the effect of these things that are not readily visible to the eyes except through medium. satan is not necessarily responsible for every bad thing. Now, how can president Jonathan be said to construct a road in enugu while he was in abuja during the construction? This people who claim to think hardly think when it comes to religious issues.

1 Like

Re: Satan by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 21, 2013
@plat god, satan and spirits are things conjured up deep inside the minds of the religious faithful? No! Rather your minds [atheists] are delibrately being manipulated to remain blinded by the great deceiver. While we that are sons of God see the grand manipulation hence we show forth His light in the face of Christ for you to see
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton: @hisblud and Image123:

I find it very very interesting that the two of you champions of faith, are bolding asserting on this forum, that one needs deep meditations to perceive and see the grace of god, satan and spirits.

That is simply mazing, as you may be right.

So,my big question is:
In simple honesty, How do you stand up and argue, in simple language, without contradicting yourselves, majaze's and other atheist's repeated assertions that:

god, satan and spirits are things conjured up deep inside the minds of the religious faithful?

Seriously, how do you argue against bolded above , when you have said in simply english that we need to go deep inside our minds , through meditations and spiritual exeerises, to see and feel god, satan and spirits?
satan is the subject of discussion, not God. Take one step at a time in order not to fall and loose some teeth.
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:

Huh?
Good logic.
I might reject your proof, therefore there is no need to present it. shocked
I love religious logic! grin
You will and have rejected my proof, not might reject. All i need to do is post a bible verse that states that the devil exist or spirits exist. It is memory, not logic.
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:36pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:

Do they work too?
Try being sober please. i repeat 'SPIRITISM exercises'. You seemed to show interest in communicating with spirits. Are you shy?
Re: Satan by plaetton: 7:37pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
You will and have rejected my proof, not might reject. All i need to do is post a bible verse that states that the devil exist or spirits exist. It is memory, not logic.

So god, the devil and spirits exists only because the bibles says they exists, right?
Re: Satan by Image123(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:

So god, the devil and spirits exists only because the bibles says they exists, right?

no. They exist whether the Bible says so or not.
Re: Satan by plaetton: 7:51pm On May 21, 2013
Image123:
Try being sober please. i repeat 'SPIRITISM exercises'. You seemed to show interest in communicating with spirits. Are you shy?

Spiritism exercises?

HHHmmm!
Another new one.

Spiritism, spiritual excersises., or spiritualism.
What's the difference.
Kindly enlighten this ignorant soul.
Re: Satan by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 21, 2013
plaetton:

Do they work too?
do partakers of the above meditate?
Re: Satan by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 21, 2013
musKeeto:
So, basically you're asking us to take a road you've never been on. Wonderful.

And when we come back and tell you the road led nowhere, you say we are wrong, we probably didn't drive at the right speed, or drive the right distance.

Insightful.
As you believe 'seeing is believing', therefore i requested you to go that way, since you cant believe until you see. Would you be my guest then?
Re: Satan by nnofaith: 8:11pm On May 21, 2013
hisblud: As you believe 'seeing is believing', therefore i requested you to go that way, since you cant believe until you see. Would you be my guest then?
guest at what? satan hunting?!
Re: Satan by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 21, 2013
nnofaith: guest at what? satan hunting?!
do you want to see satan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

For Deepsight / Once Saved, Saved Forever? / Brother Emmanuel Senayon Vision Of Hell - 1st Encounter (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.