Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,297 members, 7,977,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:38 PM

Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians (15368 Views)

Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Atiku Is Meeting States APC Delegates. Where Is The Almighty Buhari? / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Superman

You're a funny guy, Atiku is a thief but so is every single politician in this country. Atiku isn't any different from OBJ or your state governor.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by superman(m): 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2006
blah blah blah yes we know that but u got to start somewhere! now one down atiku! any objection!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2006
All these guys need to go and they aren't welcomed back, the state of politics in Nigeria is sickening.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by imageman(m): 2:02am On Sep 19, 2006
Oh boy! When you think you've seen it all, heard it all, something else pops up to make you think twice.My take on this is that Atiku is a victim of power play!He may be corrupt but Obj is no saint neither.Let both of them expose each other's secret dealings.Investigate both men and let the chips falls where they may.Let the house of reps. start the investigation of both men and if either or both of them are found to be corrupt,follow up with impeachment proceedings.At the end of the day,we will no who is a disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2006
Odeku i now know why you think OBJ can remove Atiku from office. So because he has the house of assembly and reps under his control he feels he can remove Atiku?? Ok oo, lets wait and see. But i assure you Atiku will not go alone, BABA must go with him.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by joshO: 9:01am On Sep 19, 2006
Any action that ensures Atiku does not become President come 2007 gets my full support. If that means OBJ being impeached or resigning alongside Atiku anytime before the election, that may not be such a bad thing. Atiku is major bad news and seeks office only for the trappings associated with it. This much I'm 100% certain off.

OBJ will soon represent the Nigerian past, it's the future that's the issue, and Inshah Allah, Atiku, IBB and co-journeymen will have no part to play therein.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2006
plus OBJ. Anyway no coming back for OBJ whether he likes it or not. He has failed already. No respect for him. We thot he was going to be like Mandela, but for where. Let all of them go jare.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Chukuwma(m): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2006
grin Aren't you happy afterall. How blind have we been led all through. God knows how to deliver Nigeria from wicked Rulers, either by death ( in the case of Abacha), or by washing dirty linings in public (in the case of OBK/Atiku). Ribadu must prove the man in him and according to him there must be no secred cow.

There is only one remedy to this shameless revealation and Nigerians await Senate to impeach both of the and enthrone the Senate President.

That Man! That principled Leader who single handedly foiled the dealy third therm! That Nnamani should be given a chance to make Nigeria work again.

As Obj failed to emulate Malenda who he was blindly branded. Abraham Lincoln should be allowed to take us to the promise land. God loves Nigeria!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2006
HELP ME TELL MY YORUBA BROTHERS AND THOSE THAT ARE SUPPORTING OBJ.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by desiretom(f): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2006
these guys are a disgrace, that all i ahve to say, the subject alone rises my blood pressure. Our leaders are like rotten eggs.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by chidichris(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2006
which way nigeria? will Ribadu save nigeria by implicating the two big fools? i am not in support of atku for president but the question here is ; who is next?
in his effort not to allow atiku for president, the president is sure working on someone secretely to succeed him and my fear here is must that be? God should save us.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nutter(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2006
cheesy When I read the title of this thread, I immediately knew it must have been started by Odeku. But, why the focus on only Atiku? He has accused King Kong of wrongdoing and he is in a position to know this for a fact. Why is this not also under Odeku’s scrutiny? Anyway, I established long ago that for Odeku, KK can do no wrong.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Hugoboi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2006
When I read the title of this thread, I immediately knew it must have been started by Odeku. But, why the focus on only Atiku?

I wonda!!!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2006
Please some one should help us ask Odeku if they are from the same village or family with BABA, because the way him dey support BABA and condemning Atiku dey make me fear; instead of condemning both of them. Make una ask am whether na only him come from Egbaland wey him dey side OBJ like dat??
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nutter(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2006
Me too, I wonda!!!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Mariory(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2006
Nutter:

But, why the focus on only Atiku? He has accused King Kong of wrongdoing and he is in a position to know this for a fact. Why is this not also under Odeku’s scrutiny?

Cause he is also in a position to lie and that's already a fact. On one hand he claims he isn't corrupt and is only being persecuted (no doubt his reason is third term). On the other hand he is releasing statements saying he and OBJ ran accounts toghether and used those accounts illegally.

Which are we to believe, that he is innocent? Or that he is guilty and OBJ is also guilty? This is what happens when people lie. They contradict themselves.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2006
And who is speaking the truth?? OBJ?? I dey laff oo!! cheesy grin. Please you guys should stop taking sides.(stop taking OBJ for a saint please). If you can believe that Atiku is lying about OBJ's corrupt practices then why cant you as well believe that OBJ is lying against Atiku too?? Let us condem both of them for their corrupt acts and stop putting the blames on TURAKI alone. Where was BABA when TURAKI was siphoning our money?? why did BABA wait until now to tell us that TURAKI is corrupt?? Please BABA is the worst criminal and nigerians will hold him responsible and put all blames on him because he's the no.1 man in the country. If anything goes wrong in any society you cannot jump the no.1 man and put the blames on the deputy; else that will mean that the no.1 man was not doing his job properly or put simply, was not qualified to hold that office in the 1st place. You are putting blames on the Lion that he preys on smaller animals, while the Tiger takes no blames. For God's sake what is the difference between the Lion and the Tiger??
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2006
b4 anybody starts prosecuting atiku for corruption, obj too has to b indicted cuz he's approves all the projects atkiu handles.alot of pple jst open their mouth and yarn dust like bode george i jst lol.infact if any thing should be done.it should start from obj.they are all thieves.he;s mad @ atiku cuz atiku didn't support his third term agenda.abegi
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2006
don jazzie:

before anybody starts prosecuting atiku for corruption, obj too has to b indicted because he's approves all the projects atkiu handles.alot of people jst open their mouth and yarn dust like bode george i jst lol.infact if any thing should be done.it should start from obj.they are all thieves.he;s mad @ atiku because atiku didn't support his third term agenda.abegi

My broda i beg help me tell dem o make dem know. Please help us tell Odeku in particular.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ozobemem(m): 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2006
Well done guys, i have read all the comments, the truth is that, Obj and Atiku should resign and if we have a True EFCC then they should both be probe and sentence to jail with the big fat stomach. they are the no 1 and 2 Criminals in Nigeria grin
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Falciparum(m): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2006
If a thief catches a thief it means we are down by one thief. As long as ita thief thats being caught and not an innocent person being imnplicated  brothers its prettyhard to see anyone that is clean in a political office so let the thieves catch themselves abi.

Also i feel OBJ is trying to implicate these guys (Atiku and IBB ) so that they wouldnt be able to run for the forth coming elections isnt that cool? knowing that no one wants them to rule us.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2006
Some people come to this forum to open their basket mouth and talk about corruption and they've never experience it 1st class, how do you know OBJ is corrupt? what are the evidence, beside all this childish allegation by ATIKU, true in deed some of OBJ pals are criminal and some of them were sent to KIRIKIRI JAIL. beside all the publications and editorial we read in the news and anybody in this room with substantial evidence or proof list some of the prove that OBJ is corrupt, ATIKU will be in jail today if he there try to come to the USA we don't play with corruption here, FBI exposed ATIKU dealing with fat neck senator Jeffrey not OBJ
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Mariory(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2006
Leave them let them keep entertaining us. All the stuff Atiku has so far released (if they are true) are about OBJ's sorburdinates. Instead of him to try and clear his name, he's making himself look stupid. If he wants to take people down with him, why doesn't he report these stories officially for investigation?
Either way he should keep digging. OBJ is leaving next year. Hopefully with Atiku knocked out, IBB will follow before the elections.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by 2old4that(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2006
@ odeku
u re right he (Atiku) was exposed of illegal dealings with US congressman in a country that doesnt clothed corruption like we do. Yet Obj hasnt been level with any corruption allegations except by Atiku who knows he's guilty; and in order not to go down alone, wants to drag Obj with him.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Ugwumba(m): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2006
What i find eternally entertaining about many of my yoruba brothers is that they are quick to condemn other tribes of corruption, but jump to the defense of their sons when accused.

To re-emphasize my earlier contribution:

PROOF THAT OBJ IS CORRUPT.

1. Read Gani's submissions on the fact that a sitting head of state cannot be in a position to (singularly) directly or indirectly (through proxies, agents, 'blind trusts' or whatever) make policies for the sole purpose of profitting himself.

Obasanjo's Transcorp shares did just that.

2. OBJ's holdings / partners / family / village have all been directly mentioned as beneficiaries of the PTDF.

3. There are direct accusations from Atiku and we still wait for the details of transactions on the accounts in question to be released (if they ever will be).

It is foolhardy to expect Atiku or anyone else to set up an 'EFCC' to investigate OBJ, so those who claim that this implies the lack of guilt on OBJ's part (since he has been 'cleared') are clearly being disingenuous.

4. We are all aware of how impoverished OBJ and his 'holdings' were in 1999.
How then do we explain his paying off debts of over 200 million naira, and then become so profitable to be generating over 150 million naira per annum?

5. OBJs repayment of the 50 million naira 'Dariye' money is a clear indication of guilt and there is no way of explaining this away.

Please my brothers, step up to the plate and do not let your eyes be blinded by ethnic sentiments.

Our politicians, almost to a man, are a bunch of crooks.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by 4Play(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2006
Anybody who thinks that Obasanjo is not as corrupt as Atiku needs to check into a mental instituition
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Mariory(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2006
Ugwumba:

What i find eternally entertaining about many of my yoruba brothers is that they are quick to condemn other tribes of corruption, but jump to the defense of their sons when accused.

To re-emphasize my earlier contribution:

PROOF THAT OBJ IS CORRUPT.

1. Read Gani's submissions on the fact that a sitting head of state cannot be in a position to (singularly) directly or indirectly (through proxies, agents, 'blind trusts' or whatever) make policies for the sole purpose of profitting himself.

Obasanjo's Transcorp shares did just that.

2. OBJ's holdings / partners / family / village have all been directly mentioned as beneficiaries of the PTDF.

3. There are direct accusations from Atiku and we still wait for the details of transactions on the accounts in question to be released (if they ever will be).

It is foolhardy to expect Atiku or anyone else to set up an 'EFCC' to investigate OBJ, so those who claim that this implies the lack of guilt on OBJ's part (since he has been 'cleared') are clearly being disingenuous.

4. We are all aware of how impoverished OBJ and his 'holdings' were in 1999.
How then do we explain his paying off debts of over 200 million naira, and then become so profitable to be generating over 150 million naira per annum?

5. OBJs repayment of the 50 million naira 'Dariye' money is a clear indication of guilt and there is no way of explaining this away.

Please my brothers, step up to the plate and do not let your eyes be blinded by ethnic sentiments.

Our politicians, almost to a man, are a bunch of crooks.

Transcorp shares I can accept that needs to be looked at. Points 2-4 are mere hear say until evidence is produced otherwise they are garbage.

Point 5, you need to read the entire story instead of trying to bend it to suit your argument. The story in the paper said, Dariye paid N100m into the campaign fund. When the source of the money appeared questionable, OBJ agreed that the money which was initially accepted be refunded. He paid N50m and ordered Atiku to pay the other N50m. Now I don't know the inner mechanics of the PDP party work but, refunding questionable money which was initially accepted is about as acceptable as it gets.
Unless I've read the story wrong.

The transcorp shares I'm going to hold off on that until the National Assembly amkes a decision. I'm still not entirely convinced a Government official cannot use a blind trust to invest in the private sector.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Ugwumba(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2006
Mariory:

Transcorp shares I can accept that needs to be looked at. Points 2-4 are mere hear say until evidence is produced otherwise they are garbage.

Point 5, you need to read the entire story instead of trying to bend it to suit your argument. The story in the paper said, Dariye paid N100m into the campaign fund. When the source of the money appeared questionable, OBJ agreed that the money which was initially accepted be refunded. He paid N50m and ordered Atiku to pay the other N50m. Now I don't know the inner mechanics of the PDP party work but, refunding questionable money which was initially accepted is about as acceptable as it gets.
Unless I've read the story wrong.

The transcorp shares I'm going to hold off on that until the National Assembly makes a decision. I'm still not entirely convinced a Government official cannot use a blind trust to invest in the private sector.

You probably think that quoting OBJs side of the 'refund' story suffices for the truth. If you followed the course of events, it would be clear that you are the one bending this to suit your motives.

1. OBJ did not just wake up and decide 'oh, this is questionable money and needs to be refunded'.

2. After Dariye made the claims, the Presidency issued a prompt and unequivocal denial.

3. The monies were refunded without retracting the initial denial.

4. We would have been none the wiser that the money had been refunded until this war of accusations started.

5. Where did OBJ think a sitting governor got 100 million naira from? Abetting corrupt practices is in itself corruption.

6. What private sector was OBJ investing in? OBJ muted the idea of Transcorp, invested in a private placement of funds, accepted the listing of a firm with no history on the NSE, and with the connivance of officials in his government, proceeded to acquire government's interests in certain assets.
THIS IS NOT MERELY IMPROPER CONDUCT BUT CORRUPTION!!!!!

You can continue to deceive yourself, but the facts are there for any critical mind to analyze.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2006
Either way ATIKU is a criminal and should be in jail, then we investigate OBJ
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Ugwumba(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2006
and the reason why we cannot do both at the same time is, ?
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2006
ATIKU is trying to take the ship down if he goes down, that is a sign od a weak leader, he should stand up like a man and defend all the allegations against him 1st, OBJ has nothing to do with this fat bastard. Informer fi dead RASTERMANIA
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Ugwumba(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2006
Odeku:

ATIKU is trying to take the ship down if he goes down, that is a sign od a weak leader, he should stand up like a man and defend all the allegations against him 1st, OBJ has nothing to do with this fat bastard. Informer fi dead RASTERMANIA
and you find something wrong in taking a rotten sinking ship down, because the useless captain na your kinsman, abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others / Ebelechukwu Obiano Picks APGA Nomination Form For Senate / Reps Summon Magu, Emefiele, Peterside, Over Alleged Stolen $17bn Oil Proceeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.