Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,002 members, 7,919,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:07 AM

Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians (15115 Views)

Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Atiku Is Meeting States APC Delegates. Where Is The Almighty Buhari? / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by 2old4that(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2006
I like it that no corrupt official will rule nigeria again, but the question is if only it will work.

I just heard this on the bbc:
Nigerian police have detained the high-profile spokesman of Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.

He is being questioned over "activities of security interests"

Its pretty obvious that Atiku has to go.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by joshO: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2006
"No Currupt person will ever rule Nigeria again" is fast becoming a cliche`, albeit a welcome one. OBJ failed in his 3rd term bid because this folks were all afraid he'll turn on them quickly if given a new mandate. They could already see the writing on the wall. But he still got more than 7 months to execute the same Agenda.

I'm happy this is happening. If OBJ succeeds with this, he would have dealt a decisive blow to the bastards (Atiku, OBJ and co) in our midst. It will be the catalyst required to ensure stability of our nation, through improved welfare of the masses,

Aluta Continua
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2006
let both of dem go oo!! we are tired of dem.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2006
ishmael what is wrong with you self, how can you send both of them out at this crucial time of election, who will continue to rule? who will ensure the electoral process, ATIKU must go and that will send message to all the corrupt aspirant, there is no more save heaven.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ odeku
so atiku should go and obj shud remain.eh b like u nor too sure of wetin u dey talk.they are both corrupt so why put one over the other.they either both go or the both stay.no sacred cows
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2006
donjazzie,

Lets follow your reasoning to its logical conclusion, because if you dig deep enough, almost everyone
that I will list below will have committed impeachable offenses or crimes/abuse against their offices, you
get?

OBJ and Atiku goes, the entire cabinet, virtually all members of the house and senate, the governors,
their commissioners, the local government chairmen, the councilmen, EFCC, all political appointees, as
bad as governance and law enforcement is in Nigeria today, you will be happy if anything will be left of
the country if the above scenario was to take place.

Bottom Line: your suggestion is senseless and idiotic. Atiku has been accused of abuse of office, mind
you he was fingered by the FBI in a separate investigation. How many times do you think the FBI have
raided the homes of a sitting vice president of another country in the US?

Let him prove the allegations to be false, otherwise, he should face the music. Come next year, the new
president with all his powers should then embark on a probe of Obasanjo. If he wants to do away with
Ribadu and appoint someone new, fine. Why is so hard for some people to comprehend that you CAN'T
probe or arrest every criminal or alleged crime at the same time? angry
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2006
OBJ's case is different, dude go back up and read all the posting on this issue before you comment, Allegations is all we have against OBJ by ATIKU, we have proof from THE EFCC AND THE FBI about ATIKU, so case rest.  You can't commence on impeachment process based on allegations
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
Iyke-D are we the only people in this forum that is following this developments? some people are so shallow minded and calling for the impeachment of both number 1 and number 2, all we have on OBJ are allegatios, and any bitter criminal like ATIKU, DARIYE and ALAM will try to implicate their boss to divert the attention from the crime at hand. God will save Nigeria. again thank you Iyke-D
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ iyke D
u jst open your mouth dey yarn dust wen u nor know wetin dey shelle.try dey read news(and go through other post b4 u throway yar bombshell and fail)cuz that might really help u and u really need it.i wonder wat you know abt atiku and obj.where were u wen obansanjo was sharing fifty million to federal legislators to support his ill fated third bid and atiku was @ d forefront of fighting against that develish acts.now that obj doesnt want 2 c atiku b president after him cuz he has bad  belle for his subordinate.this bufon open mouth the yarn of logical reasoning.logical reasoning ni logical conclusion ko.make una dey dere dey talk allegationis it not d same alegation dat says obj has 200 million shares in transcorp.that he had been withdrawing illegally from the excess crude oil accounts .what lead to the fomer minister pf finance resignation.so of ya'll jst dont think wen u say sumtin.so atiku should go because he has charges against himself mind you obj had always had charges(impeachable)against him but the legislators jst slowed down on him.but now that it is atiku una won dey yarn.abegi ma hear word. bumboclat
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2006
Odeku she u don hear now? There is no way Atiku will go and leave BABA behind. Its either they go together or they stay behind together. Dont decieve urself ; BABA, ATIKU, DARIYE and ALAMS plus ODILI and IBORI and IGBINIDION all wine and dine together. Nothing like allegation here. There is no smoke without fire my guy. Na who dem catch dem dey call thief. No worry BABA own go soon happen dem go soon bring am out. And i want to still  assure you that nothing will happen to Atiku that will not affect BABA. Both of them are guilty and must go.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
don jazzie slow your roll on yabbing my friend there abeg, see that 50 Million bribe thing na allegations as well, any body that has money can pay journalist or a columnist in Nigeria to publish any rumores on someone you dislike, this ATIKU thing na fact, ok, if ATIKU no say he no guilty make he come for DC see wetting USA take am do, we don't mess around here, THIS FAT Neck Hausa boy is corrupt, and he went to the extent of collaborating with a senator from USA Jefferson to steal my country money, not that the fry pan is hot he dey jump around like headless chicken begging all the SULTAN to save his ass. ATIKU will be impeach I repeat, he will be out like guinea fowl.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2006
guyman ur guy sef suppose slow roll.obj jst dey play war of bitterness meanwhile d guy na loser, nobody say atiku no corrupt but obj sef corrupt so he shouldn't fightin for atiku to go down while he remains that's a loser's fight.chei see kettle callin d pot black.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2006
OBJ time go come now, wait make he leave office and we go see wetting the man do, but until then, this Hausa son of a must go. we need IGBO man for there
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2006
but no igbo is standing seriously for the post now and d only person quite serious abt it is tryin to be running mate for either atiku or IBB but still usin his presedential campaign to front.he has been havin high level discussions with the duo.because of the north's unity they are likely to have power back to them in 2007,atiku IBB and buhari have been havin some talks on producing a concencus candidate and with the comin in of AC there's goin to be a great battle for PDP in 2007.jst keep watchin events un fold
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
I don't think the next presido go be Hausa man, they seems to flock together, and its time we tell this ignorant people stop trying to rule us. I wish I have the money and the backing of my friends like BigB1 to run for this post.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2006
donjazzie,

I may not be in Nigeria but I am up to date on major issues happening in the country. I am certainly
more informed than a lot of people on this forum who live in Nigeria. You don't have to tell me about
the N50million bribe allegations per 3rd term, or Obasanjo's involvement with Transcorp for that matter.

You don't seem to know the difference between allegation, rumour, or proof. Your position like some
others in this forum is until we get an "indpendent" entity that will probe the president and everyone
down, Atiku should be left alone. How can that be? Where do you think you will get this independent
body that is not subject to anyone's control from?

Assuming you were to get that "independent" entity from Pluto or somewhere, if somehow they give
Obasanjo a clean bill of health most Nigerians will not buy it. Faced with that scenario, isn't it best to
let Obasanjo probe whoever he wants to probe, and then become the subject of probe when all of his
presidential powers to control the independence of the probing body is gone?

Have you forgotten that he is still the president, and hence still the most powerful man in the country?
He can make Atiku disappear if he so wishes, of course that will be against the constitution, but have
you heard about presidents of other countries and how they sometimes treat their constitution, the US
including? Its the nature of power. The one that has it the most, calls all the shots.

If my argument does not make sense, well lets invite IBB to pick up from Obasanjo. After that, we can
get one of Abacha sons to continue when IBB gets tired and retrieve the billions or millions that they
were forced to pay back to the country. I am sure that will make your day. Personally, I will take partial
success any day than no success at all. Now, let the insults begin,
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Mariory(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2006
Iyke-D:

You don't seem to know the difference between allegation, rumour, or proof. Your position like some
others in this forum is until we get an "indpendent" entity that will probe the president and everyone
down, Atiku should be left alone. How can that be? Where do you think you will get this independent
body that is not subject to anyone's control from?

Thank you. Some folks on here believe that politics is black and white. It's a nice thought but that's all it is. A fantasy. There is no where in the world where politics is straight foward. None.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2006
Interesting, waiting for your response oh boy
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2006
i'm really lol
well it seems you are jst w8in to insulted n u wont cuz ur ignorance of the things that are happenin out here in 9ja is already and insult on you,i was only guessin u were out of the country and ma guess was really true.i won der the way some pple thingwen u say a thief should take another thief to court be the judge over another thief and prosecute that thief.na wah for you oh.lmao
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2006
don jazzie slow your rolls now, just because we dey for jandol don't mean we no sabi wetting dey happen for home, some of us in Diaspora are more knowledgeable about the affairs and politics in Nigeria than you can imagine. we have 24 hours around the clock access to internet and News. we have people at home are are giving us update info before you can even read it in the news paper. Abeg no insult that man, leave am alone, we are all entitle to our opinion.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2006
na today
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nutter(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2006
Odeku:

some of us in Diaspora are more knowledgeable about the affairs and politics in Nigeria than you can imagine.

This is the first thing you have said on this forum that I agree with.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
DAMN I see I have people way no like me for here. Nutter wetting I do now?
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2006
donjazzie,

Re-read my posts and then re-read yours; or better yet, invite others to re-read both and see who is
displaying ignorance. I am just being objective, but you can't seem to see through this mindset of
everyone is a thief so no one should be prosecuted. Like, I said earlier we might as well disband the
Nigerian Police Force, the court system, and EFCC (I didn't get any meaningful response from you on
this suggestion earlier).

On the other hand, I applaud whoever is trying to do something about corruption in Nigeria. Every
corrupt person taken out of action is a plus for Nigeria. Maybe you like the state of affairs in Nigeria
just the way they are, or maybe your world view is so narrow (Abuja-ish), but I hope not.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2006
Iyke-D I don't think you can change this people mind, I have one song to play for them people following IBB, ATIKu, and ALAM

My hero wrote this song long time ago, before most of you guys time

"MR. FOLLOW FOLLOW

Mr. Follow Follow
*[CHORUS] FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW,- FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW (2X)

Some dey follow follow, dem close dem eye
*[CHORUS] DEM CLOSE EYE, PIN- PIN- PIN
Some dey follow follow, dem close dem mouth
*[CHORUS] DEM CLOSE MOUTH, PAM- PAM- PAM
Some dey follow follow, dem close dem ear
*[CHORUS] DEM CLOSE EAR, G’BOING- BOING- BOING
Some dey follow follow, dem close dem sense
*[CHORUS] DEM CLOSE SENSE, BIRI- BIRI

I say dem close sense,
Dem close sense

If you dey follow follow
Make you open eye, open ear, open mouth, open sense (2x)

Na dat time
Na dat time you no go fall (2x)

If you dey follow follow dem book
*[CHORUS] NA INSIDE CUPBOARD YOU GO QUENCH (2x)

Coakroach dey, ee-rat dey, Ikan dey, darkness dey- ee
*[CHORUS] NA INSIDE CUPBOARD YOU GO QUENCH** **(destroy)

My brothers, make you no follow book-o
Look am and go your way

*[CHORUS] FOLLOW, FOLLOW (on 3,4- continues until end)

Make you open eye, open ear, open mouth, open sense
(riff/repeat as desired)

My brothers, make you no follow book-o
Look am and use your sense
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2006
Odeku,

Its really a sad case, but what can you do but keep trying in the hope that some day a light
bulb will come on upstairs, Something is seriously deficient with our school system at home,
how else can one explain the sympathy for people who are largely responsible for the sorry
state of affairs today. Arrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2006
As sad as the issue maybe, they say you can't teach an old dog a new trick but we can change their children mind, that is why i am personally inviting one of my adversary on this forum to Abuja in December to come eat pepper soup and drink palm wine and take him to places so he can see politics 1st class. I hope I can change his mind before he vote for IBB and ATIKU. I am still looking for a credible candidate for the presidency.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2006
Odeku and his cohort i pity una. So u think say na person wey dem vote for dey win election for naija?? laughing cheesy grin grin. After una go dey claim say una dey yankee dey still know wetin dey happen for naija, dat na big lie. Who tell you say people bin vote for OBJ in 1999? Who tell you say him bin win 2003 elections?? Make una no decieve una selves. For your information the electorates dont elect their leaders here in nigeria, rather some few people select them and impose them on nigerians. Or do you think OBJ had more votes than Olu Falae in 1999? Or you think OBJ had more votes than Buhari in 2003?? So whether you vote for Atiku or not or vote for IBB or not, when the time comes for those men to select who should rule they will do it irrespective of who has the highest votes out there in the polling stations. Hope u've not forgotten too soon the case of Abiola and Tofa in 1993? Abiola obviously won the elections; but was he sworn in as the president?? it will only amount to naivety for one to be thinking that it is the man that has the highest count of votes in the polling centers that wins the election in nigeria; sorry. OBJ's time is up, and it is time for another man (a member of the kparapo) to come and rule.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ono(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2006
ishmael:

Odeku and his cohort i pity una. So u think say na person wey them vote for dey win election for naija?? laughing cheesy grin grin. After una go dey claim say una dey yankee dey still know wetin dey happen for naija, that na big lie. Who tell you say people bin vote for OBJ in 1999? Who tell you say him bin win 2003 elections?? Make una no decieve una selves. For your information the electorates don't elect their leaders here in nigeria, rather some few people select them and impose them on nigerians. Or do you think OBJ had more votes than Olu Falae in 1999? Or you think OBJ had more votes than Buhari in 2003?? So whether you vote for Atiku or not or vote for IBB or not, when the time comes for those men to select who should rule they will do it irrespective of who has the highest votes out there in the polling stations. Hope u've not forgotten too soon the case of Abiola and Tofa in 1993? Abiola obviously won the elections; but was he sworn in as the president?? it will only amount to naivety for one to be thinking that it is the man that has the highest count of votes in the polling centers that wins the election in nigeria; sorry. OBJ's time is up, and it is time for another man (a member of the kparapo) to come and rule.

Much as politics in Nigeria is not black and white, I want to plead with all key players to make sure that when they are at each other throats, they should leave out my people in the Delta and their resources too. How I wish they are fighting over the ownership of groundnut pyramids, cocoyam, cocoa, hide and skin and other ''goodies''. They should stop branding my people's land as ''oil blocks''.

They should be more concerned with branding their lands as ''cocoa blocks'', Groundnut belts and tin belts, please! And I don't give a dime if they cut off each other's head over that. Shameless thieves washing their dirty linen in the public!!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2006
@ iyke d
well u think say u dey objective.wat is objectivity wen a corrupt judge is sentencing a thief because of his personal grudge against the thief.it's makes no diff cuz @ d end of the day the corrupt judge is still a thief and corruption on it's own still thriving.obj is a thief so he has no right whatsoever to prosecute atiku and say atiku is a thief.if u really know abt 9ja u'll know things are not str8 like where u are . u want police EFCC and other agencies to be disbanded.wetin u put for head b4 u dey yarn sef.u dey think backward and feel u r thinkin forward.my guy u'v given mi insight on how shallow ur thinking is and all u have to offer is stay over therer and talk isht.come here and know wat is really happenin.i wonder why i still dey foollow u yarn.bumboclat

@ odeku
u know wetin dey but u jst dey pretend not to
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2006
Dont mind both of them. Odeku know wetin dey but him dey pretend. Na una toro sha, e no concern me.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2006
don jazzie , check this out, so as FBI exposed and link Atiku to senator Jefferson for corruption. if OBJ no do nothing, then how can we as Nigeria ask the USA to help prevent money laundry and money wire transfer? If OBJ was exposed by foreign country then you and me the go for that ASO ROCK kick him ass, i know you got my back right? we have proof against ATIKU and OBJ own na allegation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bob Izua (a Benin High Chief) Has Been Kidnapped! / ‘national ID Card To Replace Voters Card In 2019 Election’. / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.