Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash (51439 Views)

Segun Arinze & Wife, Julie Arinze Stun For Christmas Season / Segun Arinze With Tonto Dikeh And Lilian Esoro In Adorable Photo / Segun Arinze Of Now Vs Segun Arinze Of Before:How Time Flies(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Bonapart(m): 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Achiles:

Daft response! Why blaming corrupt govt officials when rats like you encourage theft openly?
you know nothing about theft if you compare this shi!t
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Otuabaroku: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
if i send back that money make i shit rice and beans

modified: to all those critisizin me,bad belle is allow...i rather speak my mind than to remain a hpcrte...i wil not return a chicken change 50k to a man who av make it in life..a man whom i knw have over 50million in hIs acc!!

If that guy return the money even God go vex for hIm

yoruba people and stingyness self!! I carry nyashh up 4 una
I cringe for mindset like this. The fact is the money does not belong to this guy. So why do you think Segun should forget his hard earned money only because you think he has 50 million in his account.

If it is that simple, why didn't you let go the #6000 you borrowed to your girlfriend sometime ago rather than creating a thread in nairaland on how to get the money back?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Mckmouth: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerians,its well o,I tried the number,he did not pick,I sent him this message "Afternoon bro,did Segun Arinze actually send you money mistakenly? I tot he was acting, pls reply in like manners for confirmation, stay blessed. Pls do as well to embarrass the thief.Mc kmouth@large.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by omonnakoda: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Otuabaroku:

I cringe for mindset like this. The fact is the money does not belong to this guy. So why do you think Segun should forget his hard earned money only because you think he has 50 million in his account.

If it is that simple, why didn't you let go the #6000 you borrowed to your girlfriend sometime ago rather than creating a thread in nairaland on how to get the money back?
Don't cringe that is the mindset of kerosine users,poverty strips people of morality

3 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by dolosarsa(m): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sue him to court since u have his name and phone number.....mtchewwww
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Sagamite(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bonapart:
check my dp and location..... neeger compare not pls!!

So, Puffy, is that how you give $250 dollars to strangers in the States?

3 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by tonychristopher: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=olaayodele post=36981295][/quote]

Hw can u pay moneyto a different account..segun arinze is an ibo man but he still have the stupidity of yoruba man

Reason why i hate inter tribal marriage
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by tonychristopher: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=olaayodele post=36981295][/quote]

Hw can u pay moneyto a different account..segun arinze is an ibo man but he still have the stupidity of yoruba man

Reason why i hate inter tribal marriage

Just 50 k
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Bonapart(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sagamite:

So, Puffy, is that how you give $250 dollars to strangers in the States?
let's call a spade a spade and shovel a shovel: 50k too small for person like Arinze to come on social media and start ranting... i believe the brother needs it more
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by femi4: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
slap1:
How does one make these mistakes anyway?
I will blame the bank.
Acc no and Acc name must match before any transfer could be carried out.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
thefakestan:
I don't get it , you made a mistake the guy was singing Korede's bello song now u want to stop his music?

Btw I thought before sending money online the Beneficiary's name appears?

Anyway I think it's wrong to publish his phone number and full name.

Imagine if he should also put your phone number out there.

People should be very careful!

ThefakeStan

EVERYONE HAS HIS/HER VIEW TO THIS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE...FOR ME I THINK;

-THIS IS CLEARLY ONE BIG DISADVANTAGE OF INTERNET/MOBILE BANKING, ONE MISTAKE CAN BE VERY COSTLY.SEGUN ARINZE SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR DEFAMING SOMEONES IMAGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA..HE SHOULD REALIZE FIRST THAT HE MADE THE MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE MAN DID NOT HACK INTO HIS ACCOUNT FOR #50,000. THERE BETTER WAYS TO GO ABOUT GETTING THE MONEY THAN DOING THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD SOMEONE MISTAKENLY PAY 720,000 INTO MY ACCOUNT AND DIDNT REALIZE IT NOR MAKE A REPORT ABOUT IT TO THE BANK.I GOT UNCOMFY AFTER ABOUT 3DAYS,WENT TO THE BANK,SOUGHT FOR THE CONTACT AND GUESS WHAT, I GOT 100,000 FOR THAT. IT ACTUALLY PAYS TO BE GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by zoomzu(f): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
This happened to me last week, I erroneously paid the sum of 150,000 into wrong beneficiary's account. I approached the bank and I was sent an indemnity for to fill and submit for them to block the money so that the person won't be able to withdraw it while I persuade him to refund it or approach the court to get a court order for the bank to reverse the transaction in case the person refuse to vulontrarily approach the bank to pay the money back. The person was given excuses but I went to court to get the court order and my money was paid back. I like the way GTBank responded to my pleas. Let's try to be good to ourselves. GTBank Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
From their fruits, you know them. A wandering people with no scruples. Only code is "finders keepers" not much different from the mentality of The Barbarians of Europe.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bonapart:
let's call a spade a spade and shovel a shovel: 50k too small for person like Arinze to come on social media and start ranting... i believe the brother needs it more
That's the difference between a thief and a man who works hard for his money. A thief can afford to lose 50k; he will do big-boy. If you work hard for your money, you will know 50k is not too small to lose. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Fourwinds: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
hedonistic:
The sad truth is that many Nigerians are thieves. If the slightest opportunity to steal arises, they often grab it with both hands, shamelessly.

Someone erroneously sent money to your account and immediately reaches out to you to return it, but you refuse. Why? Why is that so hard to do?

Should I even talk about the animals who you would lend money to based on trust (and who would promise and swear on their mother's grave to repay you "next week" ), only for next week to drag into eternity, and eventually they start threatening you or antagonising you. I tire for people.
dats y I don't borrow people money. a friend of mine did dat. base on trust. I can only borrow out money I can leave uf situation warrant it

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by 989900: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
And I've been wondering why we have shameless thieves for leaders -- apparently they all come from the same homes as most commenters on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Dubemkelly(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
This story is misleading. How did he get the guy in question account details? Did he pay across the counter, online or ATM. One can't pay into one's account without having the tallied account number and name. He definitely must have had business with the dude. He needs to clarify this piece cos aint believing the damn shii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Adesiji77: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
femi4:
I will blame the bank.

It depends on the made of payment i.e. cash deposit or online transfer. If it was the former, the customer's attention should have been drawn to it if due diligence was done on the instrument.

If it was carried out online by him, it means that "bros" didn't check well because most (if not all) online banking platforms have an automated means of verifying the beneficiary before the user authorizes payment.

We may need more details on the mode of payment before forming a conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Mznaett: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
Aitee1:

No please, even girls dey kidnapp these days lipsrsealed
Isoorite,I understand sha
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Talibanis: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
if i send back that money make i shit rice and beans

modified: to all those critisizin me,bad belle is allow...i rather speak my mind than to remain a hpcrte...i wil not return a chicken change 50k to a man who av make it in life..a man whom i knw have over 50million in hIs acc!!

If that guy return the money even God go vex for hIm

yoruba people and stingyness self!! I carry nyashh up 4 una

Now I see why the likes of u will always be impoverished for eternity and yet u will blame someone else for ur misfortune!

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Fourwinds: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
femi4:
I will blame the bank.
Brilliant.!!! u got it
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bonapart:
Dude you're running around and asking for honesty for 50k? Brother please!!!!!

abi oooooo jst 50k
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Aitee1: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mznaett:

Isoorite,I understand sha

You dey form for your fellow girl, man own go be case study grin
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Isamak(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
I just called the guy now & he was so bitter, he said is not true & that Segun Arinze knows this. I told him to come on Nairaland to clear his name. He even said Segun wil send an apology soon. So let's wait & see.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Bonapart(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
logica:
That's the difference between a thief and a man who works hard for his money. A thief can afford to lose 50k; he will do big-boy. If you work hard for your money, you will know 50k is not too small to lose. smiley
i put it to you that thieves value cash more. . . Talk about luxury and big spendings, yea that's wat dey do but in this case am not with segun at all
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bonapart:
i put it to you that thieves value cash more. . . Talk about luxury and big spendings, yea that's wat dey do but in this case am not with segun at all
I have made further deductions about your person from the obvious contradiction I highlighted in your post. It will be interesting whether or not you are actually able to see it.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Pamelayoung: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
JustCurious:

By their comments ye shall know them. why would Segun Arinze forfeit HIS money? Would you have done likewise if the table was turned around? #JustCurious

It's outrightly disappointing to read some posts in support of Nonso's shameful act.

Dear Chukwu Nonso, please do no listen up to those who are admonishing you to keep what is not yours. Kindly do the needful. And, watch God bless you with so much more.

Godliness/ Contentment is great gain.

If it was sm1 anonymous, am sure Nonso would have returned it, but Arinze is a public figure dats y he shld forfeit it. Let him see it as a sacrifice afterall we are his fans.

Stop acting holier than thou.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by LANREFORWA: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
The guy should return the money, it was a mistake and it can happen to anyone but Segun exercise some patience may be he borrow it cos he is stranded, he may need the money more than you at that time. I have checked the man through whatsapp what I saw is poster advert about Jesus, and if you are the person beg him for more time or return it. If he fail after some time publicise it again so that we can know his motive
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Mznaett: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Aitee1:

You dey form for your fellow girl, man own go be case study grin
Na u first startam na lol
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Mznaett: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
T
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by engrjacuzzi: 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
it could be painful kind of. I remember the day I wanted to recharge mtn #2000 to my phone with ATM, I mistakenly got the figure wrong. I waited to receive alert all to no avail. when I noticed I did error, I called the number only for Hausa guy to pick the call and I explained of which he never refunded the credit..

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Aitee1: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mznaett:

Na u first startam na lol

Are you schooling in akwa poly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe: Nina & I Had Sex On TV - BBNaija Winner Admits / Rihanna Dumps Hassan Jameel, Her Billionaire Boyfriend. 'She Gets Tired Of Men’ / Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.