Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash (51438 Views)

Segun Arinze & Wife, Julie Arinze Stun For Christmas Season / Segun Arinze With Tonto Dikeh And Lilian Esoro In Adorable Photo / Segun Arinze Of Now Vs Segun Arinze Of Before:How Time Flies(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Mznaett: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
Aitee1:

Are you schooling in akwa poly?
Yes ma'am wtb u?
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Icecream4U(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
As big as his eyes he didn't see that he was sending the money to a wrong person.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by successismine(f): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
if i send back that money make i shit rice and beans

modified: to all those critisizin me,bad belle is allow...i rather speak my mind than to remain a hpcrte...i wil not return a chicken change 50k to a man who av make it in life..a man whom i knw have over 50million in hIs acc!!

If that guy return the money even God go vex for hIm

yoruba people and stingyness self!! I carry nyashh up 4 una
dem stingy die i neva c...
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by itunity007(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:

modified: to all those critisizin me,bad belle is allow...i rather speak my mind than to remain a hpcrte...i wil not return a chicken change 50k to a man who av make it in life..a man whom i knw have over 50million in hIs acc!!

u no well ooo wu tell u say ojuyobor na yoruba man
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Rexology: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
sweetgala:

The bank should be able to take the money. My bank on more than one incident have sent money into my account and then withdrawn it.

I received 500 Euro sometimes last year mysteriously, while I was still planning my sharp guy moves to transfer the amount into my savings account it was retrieved by the bank.
The bank 'actually' has no right or power to reverse any wrong transaction without the authorization of the customer. In the circumstance that the customer refused to authorize the reversal (in most cases), the right thing to do by the bank is to place PND(post no debit) on that particular account, by so doing, the customer cannot withdraw from that account. That's the best practice.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by themanderon: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:

Ole buruku can you just hear yourself?? Its cos of rogues like you that Nigeria is in a mess. You have my pity.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by upwardmode: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
lekjons:
I just came in 2 check the name of the guy, and i wasn't disappointed lipsrsealed...

it's in their blood!!

Edited!!
dem wan crucify me oo, did i mention any tribe?? Okoli Chukwunon no be Yoruba name?? gringrin
Coward!!!
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by cabaliciouscabal: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Does Segun Arinze Has Integrity Wen It Comes to Money Affairs ?, I Say Capital NO, Nemesis Has Certainly Caught Up With Him, He Segun Goes Abt Collecting Peoples's Monies With D Aim Of Working For Dem And He Will End Up Duping Dem, Monies U Won't Get Back, Job U Won't Get, I Advice D Guy Not To Return Any Monies. I Challenge Him to a Public Debate and I Will Reel Out Some Of Those He Has Dupe. AKA GUM. STINGY BAGA.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Genea(f): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
dapsoneh:
The guy wnts it aas his own national cake as per wht Arinze collected from Goodluck during election..lol.. But on a serious note, the guy shld just return the money, what belongs to u shld be urs and whts not yours shldnt be taken. In no time, he will finish the money. We av heard of one woman who returned dollars she saw at an airport, he shld follow the same step
goood let our leaders return our money back ,wah is for d public is for d public and not for their private use
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by sweetgala(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rexology:

The bank 'actually' has no right or power to reverse any wrong transaction without the authorization of the customer. In the circumstance that the customer refused to authorize the reversal (in most cases), the right thing to do by the bank is to place PND(post no debit) on that particular account, by so doing, the customer cannot withdraw from that account. That's the best practice.

Well that 500 euro came in and then disappeared rather quickly between me seeing it as a credit on my account and then it not being there. Also received 20 euro and a mysterious 50 euro once.

I guess regulations are different in countries.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by mechanics(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
Banks have ways of retrieving d money, many times i do receive alert wich am nt sure of, just few seconds d money wil b withdrawn, mayb its d same bank.
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Ekaka1(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ladies and Gents,
I think people like Segun Arinse should stop abusing the use of social media just because he's addicted to being in the news. This thread could become more damaging to himself than the poor guy-Monso whom I just spoke with. The fellow has been inundated with calls over this matter simply because Segun tried to bully him into returning the money without following procedures and the guy is saying:

1. I got an alert , informed my bank
2. Was instructed not to touch the money and I have complied.
3. Calls to say, I'm "Segun Arinze".....pay the money back into xyz account
4. The guy is a banker as well and from his experience any body can pose as Segun Arinze. So he says, he went to Segun's bank branch at Mbaise and told Lola that Segun's bank in Lagos should do him a mail instructing him to return the money to His account rather than somebody calling on phone and dishing instructions saying He is Segun.
5. All This happened just yesterday and now the social media is awash with a one-sided story from Segun because Of His local influence in Nigeria.
Please if anybody want to hear from Nonso you can call him to confirm his side of the story as well and not crucify the poor guy who is completely frustrated as we speak.
Please note, the guy wants to return the money but not until he receives a formal instruction from Segun's bank!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Maximus85(m): 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
metronaija:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-G02UjjwXl6E/Vc8J4xnaqEI/AAAAAAAGPig/Kzh0UCQ7egc/s400/a.jpg[/img]

Segun Arinze mistakenly paid money into someone's account and the guy has so far refused to return the money. Below is what Segun wrote;

"I mistakenly paid 50k into the account of one Okoli Chukwunon account number 0024438520 Access bank. When I realised my mistake I called my bank GT connect to report and I was asked to contact the bank of the beneficiary (Access bank) I went there and spoke with a lady staff Omolola (ogunlana branch) who was kind enough to contact the Nonso guy. He claimed he work with keystone bank mbaise branch. I identified myself and he asked that Access should send him a mail. Which they did.

Since then he's been giving me the run around. Yesterday he shouted at me and hung on me. His name Okoli Chukwunonso 08037376844. This not so much about the money but the idea of being honest. What is not yours please kindly return. I have heard of various incidences of this kind. People should learn to be honest and banks should find a way of penalizing such unscrupulous acts. Mr Okoli Chuk

http://www.metroparrot.net/2015/08/segun-arinze-calls-out-man-who-has.html

So the glamour we see on TV is all lies. This dude is not rich shaaaa
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by thefakestan: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
britzz:

EVERYONE HAS HIS/HER VIEW TO THIS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE...FOR ME I THINK;

-THIS IS CLEARLY ONE BIG DISADVANTAGE OF INTERNET/MOBILE BANKING, ONE MISTAKE CAN BE VERY COSTLY.SEGUN ARINZE SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR DEFAMING SOMEONES IMAGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA..HE SHOULD REALIZE FIRST THAT HE MADE THE MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE MAN DID NOT HACK INTO HIS ACCOUNT FOR #50,000. THERE BETTER WAYS TO GO ABOUT GETTING THE MONEY THAN DOING THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD SOMEONE MISTAKENLY PAY 720,000 INTO MY ACCOUNT AND DIDNT REALIZE IT NOR MAKE A REPORT ABOUT IT TO THE BANK.I GOT UNCOMFY AFTER ABOUT 3DAYS,WENT TO THE BANK,SOUGHT FOR THE CONTACT AND GUESS WHAT, I GOT 100,000 FOR THAT. IT ACTUALLY PAYS TO BE GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE.
Yes I agree with you, He made a costly mistake which he should Man up to, instead of crying like a little baby and putting someone's Data out there, this guy can lose more cash from hackers cos of this silly act of Segun!.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
LANREFORWA:
I have checked the man through whatsapp what I saw is poster advert about Jesus
Exactly as somebody already aptly put it. I am sure he had gone to church on Sunday to give testimony of how God "miraculously" delivered money in his account when he was broke. Thief.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by thefakestan: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
airmark:

So a thief should not be exposed? Are you for real?

How is the guy a Thief please?
Did he Hack Segun?

When u make mistakes u should be able to man up!

The guy didn't break into Segun's house neither did he hack Segun,. Segun made a mistake.

Here is an "analogy you were careless and threw 50k outside ur window as u were driving past Oshodi. Will u blame anyone?

Probably Segun was trying to send a babe cash maybe that's why he was this careless.

Usually the beneficiary's name comes up after inputting the acct No, same thing if u do that in any bank!

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ekaka1:
Ladies and Gents,
I think people like Segun Arinse should stop abusing the use of social media just because he's addicted to being in the news. This thread could become more damaging to himself than the poor guy-Monso whom I just spoke with. The fellow has been inundated with calls over this matter simply because Segun tried to bully him into returning the money without following procedures and the guy is saying:

1. I got an alert , informed my bank
2. Was instructed not to touch the money and I have complied.
3. Calls to say, I'm "Segun Arinze".....pay the money back into xyz account
4. The guy is a banker as well and from his experience any body can pose as Segun Arinze. So he says, he went to Segun's bank branch at Mbaise and told Lola that Segun's bank in Lagos should do him a mail instructing him to return the money to His account rather than somebody calling on phone and dishing instructions saying He is Segun.
5. All This happened just yesterday and now the social media is awash with a one-sided story from Segun because Of His local influence in Nigeria.
Please if anybody want to hear from Nonso you can call him to confirm his side of the story as well and not crucify the poor guy who is completely frustrated as we speak.
Please note, the guy wants to return the money but not until he receives a formal instruction from Segun's bank!
So why was Segun not informed by his bank (through Lola) that the guy had contacted them and they were handling the matter? And why couldn't the guy (being a banker himself) not COURTEOUSLY informed Segun how the matter was being handled? If his story is indeed true, maybe it simply further exposes the ill-mannered disposition of most NIGERIAN bankers as we have all experienced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by airmark(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
thefakestan:

How is the guy a Thief please?
Did he Hack Segun?

When u make mistakes u should be able to man up!

The guy didn't break into Segun's house neither did he hack Segun,. Segun made a mistake.

Here is an "analogy you were careless and threw 50k outside ur window as u were driving past Oshodi. Will u blame anyone?

Probably Segun was trying to send a babe cash maybe that's why he was this careless.

Usually the beneficiary's name comes up after inputting the acct No, same thing if u do that in any bank!

Yes segun might be careless, did that mean that the person who he mistakenly transferred the money to should nt send the money back to the owner? What is he keeping it for ? The analogy you gave did nt match at all with segun's case. Keeping money that is not yours while the owner has already come to inform you about his money with you is theft. The bank also confirmed to the thief it was segun's money. Read below and stop supporting theft if you are not a thief.

metronaija:

Segun Arinze mistakenly paid money into someone's account and the guy has so far refused to return the money. Below is what Segun wrote;

He claimed he work with keystone bank mbaise branch. I identified myself and he asked that Access should send him a mail. Which they did.

Since then he's been giving me the run around. Yesterday he shouted at me and hung on me. His name Okoli Chukwunonso 08037376844.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by drswagga(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Segun arinze sha..y him write the man details put down...who God give tom tom wey no go lick am...him ask u 4 money? No...him give u him bank details? No. U went 2 the bank and paid money into the wrong person. And went thru all that trouble 2 knw the person whose acct u mistakenly paid in2? 2 be a good samaritan na by choice no be by force...#LTC
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by UTEWUOJO: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
EYERINZE, ur type hardly do offering in de church
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by airmark(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
logica:
So why was Segun not informed by his bank (through Lola) that the guy had contacted them and they were handling the matter? And why couldn't the guy (being a banker himself) not COURTEOUSLY informed Segun how the matter was being handled? If his story is indeed true, maybe it simply further exposes the ill-mannered disposition of most NIGERIAN bankers as we have all experienced.

You dey mind am . Only a f00l will accept the side of his story. Segun confirmed his bank had sent the nonso email, but the guy still dey reason the money. He is trying to cover his stealing intention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by paris10: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrPresident1:
Country of dishonest people.

What is so hard in just simply returning what is not yours to its owner?

Religious but wicked people.

Spot on. "Religious but wicked people"

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Sagamite(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bonapart:
let's call a spade a spade and shovel a shovel: 50k too small for person like Arinze to come on social media and start ranting... i believe the brother needs it more

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Some of you are stewpid beyond belief!

Did you think this made sense when you vomitted it?

Why are you black monkeys from Nigeria this moronic?

4 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Look, let's get things very straight here. What you see here is a clash of cultures. It underlines the fact that we don't share the same culture as we want to believe. Certain culture believe in "finders keepers". Apparently in their culture, when you lose something, don't bother looking for it. Another culture believes in "what is your is yours". So when you lose something, you expect it to be returned. That is what I can deduce from this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sagamite:

Why are you black monkeys from Nigeria this moronic?
I'll pretend i didn't see dat..bcuz if i talk, u no go fit stay for here
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Ekaka1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
logica:
Exactly as somebody already aptly put it. I am sure he had gone to church on Sunday to give testimony of how God "miraculously" delivered money in his account when he was broke. Thief.

Dude, that man is not a Thief!
Segun told His side of the story on social media. The Guy is not media suavy or as powerful as Mr Arinze who is a local movie hero in Nigeria.
However, Segun has carelessly put the guy's details out there. Please call him like I did and hear his side of the story, incidentally, the guy is a banker too and said He's made every effort yesterday to pay the Money but there isn't any Authorisation coming from "Oga seguns " back. That was his last request before banks closed yesterday plus Segun has been very impatient with him since he refused to take instruction from any "Segun" talking to him on phone....you see his point?

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Durent:
I'll pretend i didn't see dat..bcuz if i talk, u no go fit stay for here

Please talk, Monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by boladez(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
richardjemedafe1:

Evidence of total moral decadence!

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by olatpic(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin Hehen, na yoruba name? grin grin grin grin

lekjons:
I just came in 2 check the name of the guy, and i wasn't disappointed lipsrsealed...

it's in their blood!!

Edited!!
dem wan crucify me oo, did i mention any tribe?? Okoli Chukwunon no be Yoruba name?? gringrin
Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by logica(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ekaka1:

Dude, that man is not a Thief!
Segun told His side of the story on social media. The Guy is not media suavy or as powerful as Mr Arinze who is a local movie hero in Nigeria.
However, Segun has carelessly put the guy's details out there. Please call him like I did and hear his side of the story, incidentally, the guy is a banker too and said He's made every effort yesterday to pay the Money but there isn't any Authorisation coming from "Oga seguns " back. That was his last request before banks closed yesterday plus Segun has been very impatient with him since he refused to take instruction from any "Segun" talking to him on phone....you see his point?

logica:
You can further see the reason why Segun is apprehensive when you take a sample of the responses on this thread. Although I have to say putting the guy's information online may seem to indicate the man is prone to making mistakes. wink

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Mistakenly Sent 50k To Man,the Man Refuses To Return Cash by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sagamite:

Please talk, Monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc
by da way wat are u feelin like sef??,Americana??..i no go talk too much until i see ur pics

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mohbad’s Death: Bella Shmurda Breaks Silence, Accuses Naira Marley, Sam Larry / Nadia Buari, Her Baby Daddy & Their Twins Step Out For Father’s Day / Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe: Nina & I Had Sex On TV - BBNaija Winner Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.