Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,942 members, 7,980,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Bible Stands - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Stands (13698 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Its not a contradiction until you approach the passage from a contextual point of view. All things are possible when your faith is strong in God, but apart from that God didn't promise that His people would be victorious in every battle. In Exudus 23:29, we see this remark"I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee."

Israel was small in number in comparison, and if God had quickly allowed them to conquer such a vast territory then what would be the point of having the land and not being able to occupy it?

Another possible reason could be that the men of Judah allowed their fear to overcome their faith in the Lord. In fact, in Joshua 17:14-18, we see that Joshua is trying to convince his people that they can overcome troops that have iron chariots.

I laugh tire I wan die  grin grin grin. What has the story in exodus got to do with the conquest in judges?

Jdg1:1 After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked the LORD, "Who will be the first to go up and fight for us against the Canaanites?"
Jdg 1:2 The LORD answered, "Judah is to go; I have given the land into their hands."
Jdg 1:3 Then the men of Judah said to the Simeonites their brothers, "Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours." So the Simeonites went with them.
Jdg 1:4  When Judah attacked, the LORD gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into their hands and they struck down ten thousand men at Bezek.

The bible says that god had given the lands into the hands of the men of judah.

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but COULD NOT drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had CHARIOTS OF IRON." (jUDGES 1:19).

This verse speaks for it self. At least the people were honest enough to write that their imaginary god could not help them kill off the others because they had Iron chariots. The rest of your ridiculous entries are are just there to entertain and make people laugh.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2009
Bobbyaf:

@ OLAADEGBU

The problem with persons who do not know Christ as Lord and Savior, is that they are the least aware of the power of the bible and the God of the bible to change lives from a vile state to that of a virtuous state.

These people whose duty it is to express in an indirect, and subconscioius manner their own wretchedness, and wayward lifestyle, are bound to do what they do best, and that is to resist the Spirit's call to surrender. They pretend to not care, but deep down they do. God knows it and they know it.

To each man is granted a probationary time period to make things right with God. Every man has a choice to either believe or not believe. Deep down they know what is happening, but are afraid to be accountable to an Almighty God who will soon judge them. Their day is short for soon He that will come, will come and will not tarry.

I bid you ignore the fools, for fools they are, with very little to contribute to life, and proceed to bless those who are willing to learn.

You keep deluding yourself with the very erroneous opinion of yours that we are afraid of your imaginary sky daddy, If I am ever afraid of your imaginary sky daddy I would be a christian incase I am wrong so that i will be safe and dance in the imaginary heaven and avoid the imaginary hell. I once was a christian. You are only a christian because you are afraid of the unknown.

He should ignore the "fools" but you quickly wrote a nonsensical point trying to show that the bible did not really mean to say what was written in it.  grin grin. Deluded fool. The fact that you are here making a case or trying to defend the word of your god or the position of your god is enough to let you know that he exist only in your imaginations. What have you contributed to life? . What has your imaginary god or the bible contributed to humanity or life? Deluded goons.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2009
I don't believe the work of Panin, it has been discredited and is simply an overstretched attempt to create something out of nothing. God doesn't need 'heptadic constraints' in texts which have been transcribed over time with possible errors in this transmission to prove himself. We look to the MESSAGE of the bible not any fanciful attempts to prove things that are not contained therein.

The problem with trying to 'prove' scientific facts from the bible lies in the often inaccurate contextual reading of passages. Ola believes the bible shows the earth is rotating, but this was not the view of some early Christians and the Catholics, leading to people being killed or expelled for believing contrary things.

Even till today, I had an argument recently with a guy on this same section who believes the bible is strictly GEOCENTRIC - i.e that the earth is the center of the universe and that everything is rotating around it! He will argue this with bible verses and bring the 'usual' question - who will you agree with? Man's fallible word or God's infallible word?

I do not think the bible was intended to 'prove' mathematics, physics and other things, but to teach us primarily how to relate with God and fellow human beings. As Christians we believe everything including knowledge and understanding comes from God, so there is no need to 'force fit' the bible to contain these things.

We have 66 books, penned by over 40 authors, over several thousand years, with a design that originated outside the dimension of time.  Every number, every place name, every detail is there by deliberate design.

Be careful when making claims like these - Human beings decided which books were useful and those not so. When translating texts from different languages/cultures there is always a chance that nuances will be missed and words misinterpreted. To claim every detail and number is there by design is dangerous.

Even one of your 'sites' has claimed there is a 'scribal error' in the number of people that went to Egypt with Jacob.  undecided

The Dead Sea Scrolls make the number of the people of Jacob 75, not 70, in Genesis 46:27, thus correcting a scribal error and showing that Stephen’s figure was right (Acts 7:14).

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible
Re: The Bible Stands by Krayola(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ Debosky. . .Excellent post.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2009
Krayola:

@ Debosky. . .Excellent post.

He remains the only rational christian that really knows what he is saying on NL(from his few post that i have read so far). All the others are just empty barrels that have no idea of what they are trying to defend.
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2009
toneyb:

He remains the only rational christian that really knows what he is saying on NL(from his few post that i have read so far). All the others are just empty barrels that have no idea of what they are trying to defend.

as long as an opinion does not correlate with ur illiterate postulations, they are unacceptable and unintelligent. you are intellectually embarrassing.
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2009
noetic2:

as long as an opinion does not correlate with ur illiterate postulations, they are unacceptable and unintelligent. you are intellectually embarrassing.

Bla bla bla sheep have you any wool?
Re: The Bible Stands by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2009
dalaman:

Do you know who papnin is? Did you bother to read the salient points made by Ken smith? Panin's report on the last twelve verse of Mark begins with the observation that there are 175 = 25x7 words in the Greek text.

They did a search of the greek text and found out that the numbers were less that what panin claim and they made some reference to the greek text available which panin claimed he used. What has peer review or external reference got to do with it? Did panin give any external reference to his own claim or was it peer reviewed? I can't help but laugh at the "point" or "critique" you that you give your self too much credit for. You are only saying that the guy did not make give any peer review because he has refutes panins claims. Why didn't you ask panin for peer reviewed or external reference to his work? Because he makes a claim that you like?

You are just trying to show that you have an idea of what you are saying but its obvious you don't. You are more interested in typing than making any sense.   

again more absolute nonsense. [size=14pt]WHY? Because i'd already made CLEAR in an earlier post that whoever Panin was, i dont BELIEVE in biblical mathematical jingoism[/size] . . . i'd rather read the word as plain as it is written and leave the numbers to those who have nothing to do.

So whats all the irrelevancies about Panin? Why do you think i shld be bothered by him? I was only interested in Mr. McKay who cited a Ken Smith WITHOUT providing us with any tangible reference as to why we shld take his report as gospel truth. Infact NEITHER YOU NOR BINDEX know who this Ken of Brisbane is . . . but you both keep bleating around . . . about what exactly?

My post has NEVER been about the validity or not of Ken's writings . . . it is about whether we shld take a mere website with no reference seriously! That is the point . . . knock yourself out over Ken and his mathematics . . . i'm not interested.
Re: The Bible Stands by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2009
debosky:

I don't believe the work of Panin, it has been discredited and is simply an overstretched attempt to create something out of nothing. God doesn't need 'heptadic constraints' in texts which have been transcribed over time with possible errors in this transmission to prove himself. We look to the MESSAGE of the bible not any fanciful attempts to prove things that are not contained therein.

The problem with trying to 'prove' scientific facts from the bible lies in the often inaccurate contextual reading of passages. Ola believes the bible shows the earth is rotating, but this was not the view of some early Christians and the Catholics, leading to people being killed or expelled for believing contrary things.

Even till today, I had an argument recently with a guy on this same section who believes the bible is strictly GEOCENTRIC - i.e that the earth is the center of the universe and that everything is rotating around it! He will argue this with bible verses and bring the 'usual' question - who will you agree with? Man's fallible word or God's infallible word?

[size=14pt]I do not think the bible was intended to 'prove' mathematics, physics and other things, but to teach us primarily how to relate with God and fellow human beings. As Christians we believe everything including knowledge and understanding comes from God, so there is no need to 'force fit' the bible to contain these things.[/size]

Be careful when making claims like these - Human beings decided which books were useful and those not so. When translating texts from different languages/cultures there is always a chance that nuances will be missed and words misinterpreted. To claim every detail and number is there by design is dangerous.

You succintly captured my own point of view in response to this thread. What next? We'd be looking for exact dates for prophecies in the bible?
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Jul 22, 2009
Bobbyaf:

@ OLAADEGBU

The problem with persons who do not know Christ as Lord and Savior, is that they are the least aware of the power of the bible and the God of the bible to change lives from a vile state to that of a virtuous state.

These people whose duty it is to express in an indirect, and subconscioius manner their own wretchedness, and wayward lifestyle, are bound to do what they do best, and that is to resist the Spirit's call to surrender. They pretend to not care, but deep down they do. God knows it and they know it.

To each man is granted a probationary time period to make things right with God. Every man has a choice to either believe or not believe. Deep down they know what is happening, but are afraid to be accountable to an Almighty God who will soon judge them. Their day is short for soon He that will come, will come and will not tarry.

I bid you ignore the fools, for fools they are, with very little to contribute to life, and proceed to bless those who are willing to learn.

This is a very good observation.  The way atheists and their bedfellows have posted here is an evidence that they have been rattled.  The Bible in Jer.17:9 affirms the condition of man's heart as sinful, it says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" You can see that the rebellious heart is an open door to the demonic realm as you can see how they have decided to spam this beautiful thread.  In the words of Jonathan Edwards who succintly said "The heart is like a viper, hissing and spitting at God."

I will take your advise and endeavour to encourage true Christian on the accuracy of the Bible all to the glory of God.  The Bible stands alone.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2009
debosky:

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion.

debosky:

I read and understand the Bible in a straightforward manner which helps to eliminate improper interpretations.

debosky:

I put the same question to you, who do you agree with, God's Word or Man's fallible words? undecided

debosky:

I do not think the bible was intended to 'prove' mathematics, physics and other things, but to teach us primarily how to relate with God and fellow human beings. As Christians we believe everything including knowledge and understanding comes from God, so there is no need to 'force fit' the bible to contain these things.

It is rather the other way round, Mathematics and science confirm the Bible as the Bible is capable of standing alone.

debosky:

So you also believe that the Bible is the work of some Catholic monks? No wonder.

debosky:

Even one of your 'sites' has claimed there is a 'scribal error' in the number of people that went to Egypt with Jacob. undecided

If I were you I would read the link posted earlier in this thread about the cleared 101 contradictions.

[quote][/quote]
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05am On Jul 22, 2009
Atheists and their bedfellows often try to demean the Bible by saying that the Christian Church persecuted Galileo when he maintained that the earth circled the sun.  As a professor of astronomy at the University of Pisa, Galileo was required to teach the accepted theory of his time that the sun and all the planets revolved around the Earth.  Later at the University of Padua he was exposed to a new theory, proposed by Nicolaus Copernicus, that the Earth and all the other planets revolved around the sun.  Galileo's observations with his new telescope convinced him of the truth of Copernicus' sun - centred theory.  Galileo's support for the heliocentric theory got him into hot waters with the RCC.  In 1633 during the inquisition he was convicted of heresy and ordered to publicly withdraw his support for Corpernicus.  The RCC sentenced him to life imprisonment, but because of his advanced age allowed him to serve his term under house arrest at his villa outside of Florence, Italy.  The Christian Church therefore should not be blamed for his imprisonment.  It was the Roman Catholic church that persecuted Galileo.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24am On Jul 22, 2009
Evolution disproves the Bible!

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God nothing evolved.  Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis 1.  Dogs do not produce cats.  Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry.  Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs.  They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat and part dog) throughout God's creation.  Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pregnant pigs don't give birth to rabbits.  God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man.  Each creature "brings forth after its own kind."  That's no theory; its a fact.

Why should we believe that man comes from another species?  If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false.  However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution.

"All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds." -- 1 Corinthians 15:39
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God nothing evolved.  Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis 1.  Dogs do not produce cats.  Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry.  Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs.  They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat and part dog) throughout God's creation.  Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pregnant pigs don't give birth to rabbits.  God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man.  Each creature "brings forth after its own kind."  That's no theory; its a fact.

Why should we believe that man comes from another species?  If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false.  However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution.

"All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds." -- 1 Corinthians 15:39

I take it you've never heared of LIGERS (lion and tiger offspring) or a horse and zebra mating to produce an offspring or wolf-dog. . .

Don't you think the lying moses saw the workings of nature on how like produces like, night and day, animal, human and plant multiplication, crawling serpents, prescence of ocean and sees e.t.c- He then decided to use all these to tell a story that fit these outcomes. Its quite typical of different creation accounts from different religions, i've never seen a creation story that says dogs produce cats or the like because EVERY BOFFON can write a creation story that accurately mirrors realities and nature as we see it everyday.
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
Tudór:

I take it you've never heared of LIGERS (lion and tiger offspring) or a horse and zebra mating to produce an offspring or wolf-dog. . .

how does this dis-prove creationism?

Don't you think the lying moses saw the workings of nature on how like produces like, night and day, animal, human and plant multiplication, crawling serpents, prescence of ocean and sees e.t.c- He then decided to use all these to tell a story that fit these outcomes. Its quite typical of different creation accounts from different religions, i've never seen a creation story that says dogs produce cats or the like because EVERY BOFFON can write a creation story that accurately mirrors realities and nature as we see it everyday.

this is a mere theory and assumption from an idle mind.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. 
So are you.

I read and understand the Bible in a straightforward manner which helps to eliminate improper interpretations.
What does a 'straightforward' manner mean? You claim Jesus' reference to someone in the field and someone else asleep is a reference to the earth being a globe, while someone else read that the Lord established the foundation of the earth as meaning the earth is the center of the universe with the moon moving around it. WITHOUT evidence of science, which of those two interpretations would be regarded as accurate? 

I put the same question to you, who do you agree with, God's Word or Man's fallible words?  undecided

According to one person, God's Word says the earth is the centre of the universe and the sun rotates around the earth. Is that God's word or man's interpretation? You are engaging in interpretation and I am free to disagree with yours, without the dangerous trait of making the word and one's interpretation as meaning one and the same thing.

It is rather the other way round, Mathematics and science confirm the Bible as the Bible is capable of standing alone.
Again, this is not relevant to me - the bible standing alone is not based on mathematics and science.

So you also believe that the Bible is the work of some Catholic monks?  No wonder.
Where did I say this? Kindly reveal to us how the bible in it's current form came about - did it drop from heaven as it is?

If I were you I would read the link posted earlier in this thread about the cleared 101 contradictions.

Answer the question in simple language with your own words - why is there a  'scribal error' in the bible?

Even the authors of the link do not make the audacious claim you make:

Every number, every place name, every detail is there by deliberate design.

How can a number that is an error [/b]be there by deliberate design? Deliberate design of whom? 

Your link says

The individuals responsible for the copying (scribes or copyists) were prone to making[b] two types of scribal errors, well known and documented by those expert in the field of manuscript analysis. One concerned the spelling of proper names (especially unfamiliar foreign names), and the other had to do with numbers. The fact that it is mainly these type of errors in evidence gives credence to the argument for copyist errors. If indeed the originals were in contradiction, we would see evidence of this within the content of the stories themselves.

Now I ask you a question - are the scribal errors in the bible by design??  undecided

The crux of the matter is this:

Since God has nowhere promised an inerrant transmission of Scripture, it is necessary to affirm that only the autographic text of the original documents were inspired. 

Again, this means we hold on to the MESSAGE of the bible, not to specific numbers or words that you are erroneously claiming that are there by deliberate design!
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God[b] nothing evolved[/b].  Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis 1.  Dogs do not produce cats.  Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry.  Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs.  They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat and part dog) throughout God's creation.  Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pregnant pigs don't give birth to rabbits.  God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man.  Each creature "brings forth after its own kind."  That's no theory; its a fact.

How does the bible tell us that nothing evolved? What it says is that everything was created by God who spoke them into existence. Does it tell us in what exact manner/process the creatures came about?

The bible says each creature brings forth after it's own kind - what is this 'kind' exactly? Was it defined as species, genus, phylum or any of the current biological classifications in use? How can you simply jump to comparing dogs and cats as proof of anything?

How do you know dogs and cats have no common ancestry?
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
noetic2:

how does this dis-prove creationism?

this is  a mere theory and assumption from an idle mind.
Just like moses' idle mind made up the creation story. . . .
Re: The Bible Stands by toneyb: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2009
Tudór:

Just like moses' idle mind made up the creation story. . . .

Moses is not even the person that made up the creation story, no body knows who wrote it.
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
debosky:

How does the bible tell us that nothing evolved? What it says is that everything was created by God who spoke them into existence. Does it tell us in what exact manner/process the creatures came about?

so by speaking them into existence, ur theory is that they evolved. . .right?
NOPE. . .thats false. Go and read ur genesis again. . . . .no deduction of evolution. . . they were created and asked to reproduce of their own kind.

The bible says each creature brings forth after it's own kind - what is this 'kind' exactly? Was it defined as species, genus, phylum or any of the current biological classifications in use? How can you simply jump to comparing dogs and cats as proof of anything?

kind means kind. A dog brings forth a Dog. . . .just like adam and eve brought forth Cain and Abel.

How do you know dogs and cats have no common ancestry?

because they dont.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
noetic2:

so by speaking them into existence, ur theory is that they evolved. . .right?
I don't know if it's right or wrong, and I am not proposing any theory - but to say definitively that no evolution cannot be a conclusion arrived at by the text.

NOPE. . .thats false. Go and read ur genesis again. . . . .no deduction of evolution. . . they were created and asked to reproduce of their own kind.
I am not deducing evolution, just as I can't deduce anything - I do not know the exact process, all I know is they were 'created' - what that involved is not specified in the bible.

kind means kind. A dog brings forth a Dog. . . .just like adam and eve brought forth Cain and Abel.
Was this strict definition given in the bible? What about beast brings forth beast? Again, what is 'kind' here? is it the 'kind' mentioned in corinthians referring to beasts, fishes, birds and men or is it related to specific species like cats and dogs?

because they dont.
Not a very helpful answer - how do you know this? Does the bible tell you this? The bible talks about kinds of flesh and mentions groupings that could easily encompass dogs and cats - both are 'beasts', but you sit and tell me they didn't? based on what information exactly?
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
debosky:

I don't know if it's right or wrong, and I am not proposing any theory - but to say definitively that no evolution cannot be a conclusion arrived at by the text.
I am not deducing evolution, just as I can't deduce anything - I do not know the exact process, all I know is they were 'created' - what that involved is not specified in the bible.
Was this strict definition given in the bible? What about beast brings forth beast? Again, what is 'kind' here? is it the 'kind' mentioned in corinthians referring to beasts, fishes, birds and men or is it related to specific species like cats and dogs?
Not a very helpful answer - how do you know this? Does the bible tell you this? The bible talks about kinds of flesh and mentions groupings that could easily encompass dogs and cats - both are 'beasts', but you sit and tell me they didn't? based on what information exactly?

The bible asked them to bring forth their kind. . . kind referring to their own nature.
The best example there was for Adam and Eve who also brought forth their kind. . .Cain and Abel.
This has absolutely no connection to any one evolving over a period of any time.

Again. . .the bible never told us that God made man from some evolving decayed bacteria. . . . Yes, that rules out the probability of such ever happening.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 12:02am On Jul 23, 2009
noetic2:

The bible asked them to bring forth their kind. . . kind referring to their own nature.
The best example there was for Adam and Eve who also brought forth their kind. . .Cain and Abel.
I am not arguing about Adam and Eve - that is clearly stated. My point is this, how can you make a definitive comment about cats and dogs not having common ancestry when the bible groups them together under 'kind' as flesh of beasts? humans are clearly in a different class from 'flesh of men.'

This has absolutely no connection to any one evolving over a period of any time.
I have made no such connection either, I just ask, how can you say it didn't happen? Based on what evidence?

Again. . .the bible never told us that God made man from some evolving decayed bacteria. . . . Yes, that rules out the probability of such ever happening.
Did I mention man being made from 'evolving decayed bacteria'? Please let's stick to the original question - there is no basis for saying cats and dogs have no common ancestry from the bible. Yes or no?
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

I am not arguing about Adam and Eve - that is clearly stated. My point is this, how can you make a definitive comment about cats and dogs not having common ancestry when the bible groups them together under 'kind' as flesh of beasts? humans are clearly in a different class from 'flesh of men.'
I have made no such connection either, I just ask, how can you say it didn't happen? Based on what evidence?
Did I mention man being made from 'evolving decayed bacteria'? Please let's stick to the original question - there is no basis for saying cats and dogs have no common ancestry from the bible. Yes or no?

whats the meaning of the nonsense above?

is it possible for cats and dogs to evolve and not humans? what theory are postulating?
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 12:13am On Jul 23, 2009
noetic2:

whats the meaning of the nonsense above?

is it possible for cats and dogs to evolve and not humans? what theory are postulating?
Why you cannot focus on the issue at hand without getting offtrack is amazing. Who mentioned evolution here?

You say cats and dogs have no common ancestry with no proof except for a possibly wrong interpretation of the word 'kind' which is reflected INSIDE THE BIBLE as grouping together beasts, birds, fish and humans in distinct categories.

Now the bible says each produced after it's kind, so if cats and dogs are both beasts (i.e that is their kind) is it impossible for them to have a common 'parent' who produced them?
Re: The Bible Stands by MrCrackles(m): 12:15am On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

Why you cannot focus on the issue at hand without getting offtrack is amazing. Who mentioned evolution here?

The dude is severely bleeped in the head! grin
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 12:16am On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

You say cats and dogs have no common ancestry with no proof except for a possibly wrong interpretation of the word 'kind' which is reflected INSIDE THE BIBLE as grouping together beasts, birds, fish and humans in distinct categories.

Now the bible says each produced after it's kind, so if cats and dogs are both beasts (i.e that is their kind) is it impossible for them to have a common 'parent' who produced them?

so what EXACTLY are u talking about. . .when u refer to evolve?

MrCrackles:

The dude is severely bleeped in the head! grin

u never change ur spots. . . .shameless PIG of the demonic allah . . .he is definitely proud of u.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 12:20am On Jul 23, 2009
noetic2:

so what EXACTLY are u talking about. . .when u refer to evolve?

Thanks for this.

1. You say no evolution occurred - based on what information? Note I am not saying that evolution as proposed by scientists or anyone else is accurate, I am merely challenging an assertion you are making. The bible tells us God created, it doesn't tell us how he created.

2. You say cats and dogs have no common ancestry. Again, based on what information? The bible clearly does not tell you this, and the argument using kind as shown in the bible indicates that both cats and dogs are 'flesh of beasts'. Now if they produced after their kind, why can a common ancestor not produce two beasts?
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 12:26am On Jul 23, 2009
debosky:

Thanks for this.

1. You say no evolution occurred - based on what information? Note I am not saying that evolution as proposed by scientists or anyone else is accurate, I am merely challenging an assertion you are making. The bible tells us God created, it doesn't tell us how he created.

2. You say cats and dogs have no common ancestry. Again, based on what information? The bible clearly does not tell you this, and the argument using kind as shown in the bible indicates that both cats and dogs are 'flesh of beasts'. Now if they produced after their kind, why can a common ancestor not produce two beasts?

This is amazing. so why did u deny evolution in the context of this discussion earlier?
I cant believe this?  was it not u who said the following
debosky:

How does the bible tell us that nothing evolved?  What it says is that everything was created by God who spoke them into existence. Does it tell us in what exact manner/process the creatures came about?

How do you know dogs and cats have no common ancestry

please make up ur mind before opening ur mouth 
Re: The Bible Stands by Krayola2(m): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2009
@ debosky and noetic2

What do u think of geology and cultural anthropology or paleontology? as in, are they honest professions or do they just make stuff up?

Do u think all the evidence e.g fossils that they find are just made up?
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
noetic2:

This is amazing. so why did u deny evolution in the context of this discussion earlier?
When did I deny evolution when I did not accept it in the first place?

You linked TWO SEPARATE issues that is why I said who mentioned evolution.

As clearly described in my previous posts, there are TWO issues here I am addressing

1. Ola's claim that there was 'no evolution' according to the bible and

2. The claim that there is no common ancestry for dogs and cats.

I cant believe this?  was it not u who said the following
please make up ur mind before opening ur mouth 

My comments are clear - if you do not understand them, seek clarification and do not impute your own meanings.

With regard to the second question, evolution is not really the key issue here - the question is, based on the information in the bible, how do you arrive at a conclusion that they have no common ancestry?

The bible doesn't say all cats came from one cat, or all dogs came from one dog he created, all it says is kind begets kind, and in another passage defines kind as 'beasts, birds, man and fish'. Now is it possbile that a 'beast' was the kind God created and this kind begat both dog and cat by whatever process?
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
The Bible is nothing but tales by Paul, with thousand contradiction in it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Doctrines And Services Of Celestial Church Of Christ / A Thread For Christmas Messages / Juju For Incurable Sickness, Badluck & Madness For Enemies

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.