Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,942 members, 7,980,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:56 PM

The Bible Stands - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Stands (13698 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2009
If you look back at some of my posts especially about Galileo you will realise that I have dealt with that issue already, that it was not the Christian Church that persecuted him but the Roman Catholic church.  The Christian Church and the RCC are different entities.

So my advise to you is to go back through my posts and see for yourself I may even repost them as I see necessary.

The Roman Catholic Church eh? What was the basis of their persecution?

Was it not a strongly held WRONG belief that his evidence was contradictory to the bible? 

Are you saying you are above the mistakes of the Catholic church in your own definitive INTERPRETATIONS of the bible? 

As long as you try to confirm scientific information by seeking evidence not contained in the bible and now treat such information as either in agreement or against the bible, you will run the risk of making the same mistake.

OLAADEGBU:

@ debosky

If you had taken your time to read my posts, suggested scriptural references and some articles written by creationists your queries would have been solved by now.  Even when you read the Scriptures you read them with the evolution spectacles otherwise you wouldn't be talking about common ancestors which is an evolutionary terminology. 

Your 'creationists' use one of the terms used by evolutionists - 'natural selection'.  undecided How can they tell us what degree of natural selection occurred vis a vis the what the evolutionists think?  undecided Even common ancestry is used by your 'creationists' by describing ancestral wolf being the parent of coyotes and dogs.  undecided Again, such distinctions are not based on the bible - keep your scientific endeavour and biblical information separate.

You asked about the process by which God created the universe and when I told you that He created it supernaturally, you still insisted that I should tell you the process and how He did it naturally. 
Stop misusing words - Everything done in the physical must occur in the spiritual first. Regardless of how it has happened spiritually, it must go through some physical process. God said 'be fruitful and multiply' - this was a supernatural decree and it happened through intercourse, reproduction and other[i]processes[/i]

Evolution or any other theory is an attempt to describe the physical process that occurred for creatures animals and the rest to come into being. Your attempt to describe a physical process when little or no specific information is provided is wrong.

I have read through your posts, but your answering genesis folk are not a reliable link - they most of the time fail to make the distinction between THEIR interpretations and what is plainly written in the word and try to 'explain' how things have happened with evidence not from the bible.

Again I ask you - stop this attempt to justify things like mathematics, heptadic constraints, rotation of the earth and others from the bible - that is not it's purpose - it's purpose is to teach us about God and how to relate to him and our fellow humans.
Re: The Bible Stands by Krayola2(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
debosky:

stop this attempt to justify things like mathematics, heptadic constraints, rotation of the earth and others from the bible - that is not it's purpose - it's purpose is to teach us about God and how to relate to him and our fellow humans.

Amen to that, my broda!
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2009
This is what a scientist who is a Christian that has not sacrificed his faith on the alter of Darwinism but believes in the creation account of the book of Genesis and has allowed him to interprete the evidence of God's world in the light of God's Word.

Modern Science in an Ancient Book
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?" (Job 12:9).

The book of Job is one of the oldest books in the world, yet it contains numerous references to natural systems and phenomena, some involving facts of science not discovered by scientists until recent centuries, yet recorded in Job almost 4,000 years ago.

A good example is in 26:7. "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."  While ancient mythologies may imagine the earth to be carried on the shoulders of Atlas or on the back of a giant turtle, Job correctly noted that it is suspended in space.  The force of "gravity" is still not understood, and it is quite reasonable to believe that God Himself holds it in the assigned place in His creation.

There is a reference to the rotation of the earth in 38:14. "It is turned as clay to the seal." This speaks of the smooth turning of the globe to receive the sun's daily illumination.

"The springs of the sea" are mentioned in 38:16, even though it has only been discovered in recent decades that there are springs of water emerging from certain parts of the deep ocean floor. The fact that mountains have "roots," consisting of rocks of the same nature and density as the mountains themselves, is noted in 28:9.

The infinite extent of the stellar heavens, contradicting the ancient pagan notion of a vaulted sky with stars affixed to a sort of hemispherical dome, is suggested in 22:12. "Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!" (see also Isaiah 55:9, etc.).

There are many other scientific insights in this remarkable book and no scientific errors. The logical conclusion, as our text says, is that "the hand of the Lord hath wrought this." HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2009
Debosky. Bravo, i hail you, that was a brilliant input
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
Birds of the same feather flock together tongue
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2009
Scientific facts in the Bible.

Job stated, "[God] made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder" (Job 28:26).  Centuries later, scientists began to discern the "decrees [rules] for the rain."  Rainfall is part of a process called the "water cycle."  The sun evaporates water from the ocean.  The water vapour then rises and becomes clouds.  This water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, and collects in streams and rivers, then makes its way back to the ocean.  That process repeats itself again and again.  About years ago, Galileo discovered this cycle.  But amazingly the Scriptures described it centuries before.  The prophet Amos (Amos 9:6) wrote that God "calls for the water of the sea, and pours them out upon the face of the earth."  Scientists are just beginning to fully understand God's "decrees for the rain."

"Nevertheless He left not Himself without witness, in that He did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons filling our hearts with food and gladness." -- Acts 14:17
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2009
Mr man how did that biblical verse support ur comment. The two are talking of different things, the bible did not say God make the rain to form and make cloud likewise the evaporation and thunder and lightening , but i am ready to show you from the Quran where Allah quoted how the water and wind take effect during raining,
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Birds of the same feather flock together tongue
So I am the same bird as a muslim because I am not in support of your stretching at best (outright distortion at worst) of biblical accounts to fit your world view? cheesy
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2009
Biblical Accuracy
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?" (John 3:12).

Many who profess to be Christian intellectuals today are arguing that we should defer to the evolutionists in matters of science and history, since the real message of the Bible is spiritual.  The Genesis account, for example, is not meant to give us details of the events of creation, for scientists can give us this information. It merely assures us that God is somehow behind it all.  But if this were all that God meant to tell us, its very first verse is enough for that!  What is the need to describe all the days and acts of creation at all if the record has no real relevance to history or science?

As the Lord Jesus told Nicodemus in our text verse, if we cannot trust God's Word when it relates "earthly things," how can we possibly rely on its testimony of "heavenly things"?  To some extent we can check for ourselves whether or not it is accurate when it records facts of history and processes of nature, but we have no means at all of determining whether it speaks the truth when it deals with heaven and hell, with salvation and eternal life, or with God's purpose for the world in the ages to come.

The fact is that the Bible is accurate in all matters with which it deals, scientific and historical as well as spiritual and theological.  It is a dangerous thing to listen to these modern "pied pipers" of evangelicalism whose self-serving compromises with evolutionary scientism have already led multitudes of young people astray in our Christian colleges and seminaries.

We yet may not have all the answers to alleged problems in the Bible, but we can be absolutely sure of God's Word.  When the answers are found, they will merely confirm what He has said all along.  He is able and willing to speak the truth, and He means what He says! HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2009
Why nnt use ur intelligence instead of copy and paste which you hardly comprehend
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Why nnt use ur intelligence instead of copy and paste which you hardly comprehend

grin grin grin look at the "intelligent" slave of allah grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2009
Archaeology confirms the Bible again!

The Bible makes more than 40 references to the great Hittite Empire.  However, until one hundred years ago there was no archaeological evidence to substantiate the biblical claim that the Hittites existed.  Skeptics claimed that the Bible was in error, until their mouths were suddenly stopped.  In 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a huge library of 10,000 clay tablets, which completely documented the lost Hittite Empire.  We now know that at its height, the Hittite civilization rivaled Egypt and Assyria in its glory and power.

Dr. Nelson Glueck wrote that: "It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference.  Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible.  And by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."

Dr. Joseph P. Free also corroborated this by saying: "Archaeology has confirmed countless passages which have been rejected by critics as unhistorical or contradictory to known facts . . . Yet archaeological discoveries have shown that these critical charges . . . are wrong and that the Bible is trustworthy in the very statements which have been set aside as untrustworthy . . . We do not know of any cases where the Bible has been proved wrong."

"But how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" -- Matthew 26:54
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2009
Ola will you stop this copy and paste thing which you hardly comprehend and answer my yesterday's question, where the heck is the bible science, what you posted yesterday gotta nothing to do with science but just a simple proverb.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Ola will you stop this copy and paste thing which you hardly comprehend and answer my yesterday's question, where the heck is the bible science, what you posted yesterday gotta nothing to do with science but just a simple proverb.

This is another proverb for you to ruminate: "Gbogbo aluallah ologbo ko koja ati k'eran je."  When you comprehend this proverb give me a feedback.
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2009
grin grin grin

Ola vs Abu cheesy
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2009
You see yourself ! You just can't clarify your comment becus it is sporus
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
This is a former muslim who had an encounter with the living Word of God, click to find out his illumination.

[center][flash=600,500]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2009
Blabing as usual, no educative answer
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
olaadegbu. . . .that was a lofly and rich video

where are the slaves of allah?
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2009
noetic2:

olaadegbu. . . .that was a lofly and rich video

where are the slaves of allah?

We praise the name of the Lord for our God is an awesome God!  He is appearing to millions of muslims one way or the other in the middle east nowadays, their testimonies says it all.  Click on the link below for more spectacular testimonies of how muslims are finding hope and peace in the prince of Peace.

http://www.muslimjourneytohope.com/watch.asp

www.muslimjourneytohope.com
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2009
Shame on you for aiming to divert ongoing subject, you are a disgrace to your church for this ignorancy you display
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2009
@Abuzola,

Ku wa ya na magana Jesu; Ni ma ina magana Jesu; Ku wa ye . . . grin grin grin

Everybody is talking about Jesus; I am talking about Jesus; Everybody is talking about Jesus, Hallelluyah!!!
Re: The Bible Stands by grace5: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
Worship The Lord
-----

Come, come in to My presence, with songs and hymns.
Sing praises unto Me, dance before Me, exalt Me.
I am so thrilled when My people exalt Me.
It touches My spirit, it gives Me glory and praise.
Come, come worship Me, praise Me.
In this time of worship I bring forth My healing touch.
I fill My people with peace and joy from above.
I still all the storms and frustrations.
I inhabit the praises of the saints, I glory in it.
Sing, sing praises unto Me this day.
I am the restorer, the healer, the prince of peace.
Let My temple be filled with My glory and praise.
Come, come yielded to Me this day.
Healing and restoration is in your wings.
Let My feathers and healing anointing fall upon you.
Rejoice, rejoice and be glad, rejoice and be glad.
This is the day the Lord has made, give me the glory.
Soak in My presence, in My presence is deliverance.
In My presence is healing and peace, so rejoice.
Offer up sweet fragrance of praise unto Me this day.
So receive all I have for you this day.
Continue to come, come and worship Me daily.
I shall pour forth My anointing and healing.
Receive, receive this day, offer up sweet fragrance of praise.
Soar into the heavenlies, Mount up like the eagles.
Soar, soar above every heavy weight, flow in My love.
You are My chosen daughters and sons, so rejoice.
Continue to mount up like eagles, and worship Me.

In Him, Jim Donovan
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2009
How can i worship a god who died onces, banza kawai
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2009
Have you not read in your Qur'an in Surah 3:55 that

"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Any sensible unbiased person who objectively reads the qur'anic passage above will understand that this is talking of Jesus' death for sin and His subsequent resurrection.  The Bible stands as it affirms that Jesus died, was buried and rose from the dead according to Scriptures.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Jul 28, 2009
The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods. To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity). The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

[list]
[li]the written evidence,[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]eyewitness testimony,[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.[/li]
[/list]

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential: 1). the empty tomb still exists, 2). His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve, 3). the four Gospels record His death; 4). the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded; 5). there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers; 6). the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection; 7). the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."
Re: The Bible Stands by Jesarmy(f): 12:27am On Jul 28, 2009
The Bible is quick !
The Bible is powerful !!
The Bible lives forever and without controversy the Bible stands forever!!!
Re: The Bible Stands by MrCrackles(m): 12:30am On Jul 28, 2009
Jesarmy:

The Bible is quick !
The Bible is powerful !!
The Bible lives forever and without controversy the Bible stands forever!!!

I laugh in wollof! grin cheesy grin
Re: The Bible Stands by debosky(m): 12:37am On Jul 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Have you not read in your Qur'an in Surah 3:55 that

"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Any sensible unbiased person will understand that this is talking of Jesus' death for sin and His subsequent resurrection. The Bible stands as it affirms that Jesus died, was buried and rose from the dead according to Scriptures.

How can you use parts of the qur'an to bolster your point and still try to discredit it at the same time? undecided
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17am On Jul 28, 2009
debosky:

How can you use parts of the qur'an to bolster your point and still try to discredit it at the same time? undecided

All so called "sacred" writings of the various religions of the world may have some truths in them which I do not deny since God created us in His own image and even as individuals no matter how wicked we may be we still have some traces of the image of God in us.  That is not to say that we are all godly.  The same can be said of all the other religions of the world they may have some truths but not the whole truth as the only inspired Word of God which is the Bible.  As you can see that the Qur'an went on to contradict itself by saying that Jesus did not die thus violating the law of contradiction.

This is what Abraham Lincoln, the one time President of the U. S of A said:

"But for this Book [the Bible], we could not know right from wrong . . . Take all you can of this Book upon reason, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man."

If you and your bedfellows take this man's advice to heart you will realise that the Bible calls us to reason and faith simultaneously.
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 6:13am On Jul 28, 2009
You see how barbaric you have become. Nowhere in the verse state 'mauta' meaning death, i never twist a context of the bible unlike you, what you did now has show the falsehood of christendom, by the way why are you so scared to answer my question beforehand, this shows how christianity is all about darkness
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2009
Wonderful Words of Life
July 28, 2009

"Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them." (Psalm 119:129)

Modern liberals may ridicule Bible-believing Christians as bibliolaters, but the fact is that it is not possible to place the Bible on too high a pedestal. "Thy testimonies are wonderful," the psalmist says, for "his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor" (Isaiah 9:6), whose testimonies they are.

Consider just how wonderful are the Scriptures. They were written in the heart of God even before the creation. "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89). Then, "at sundry times and in divers manners," this eternal Word of God was conveyed to men, as God "spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets" (Hebrews 1:1). Finally, it was complete, and the last of the prophets concluded it with an all-embracing warning: "If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life" (Revelation 22:18-19). Critics who tamper with the words of the Bible are on dangerous ground, the psalmist said: "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever" (Psalm 119:160). Jesus said: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35).

Eternal in the past; inviolable in the present; forever in the future! All we shall ever need for our guidance is to be found in God's wonderful testimonies: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable. . . . That the man of God may be perfect" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

It is not possible to have too high a view of Scripture, "for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name" (Psalm 138:2). HMM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Doctrines And Services Of Celestial Church Of Christ / A Thread For Christmas Messages / Juju For Incurable Sickness, Badluck & Madness For Enemies

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.