Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312931 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 07, 2010

Posted by: muami

CONGRATS to everyone who has
gotten their visas. Do have a
very memorable stay in the UK
and also excel in your studies.
Please where do one write the
closing balance in Pounds. Is it
on the statement of account or
the form.

I dont think this is necessary. Just make sure you have heldĀ  (above) the minimum maintenance requirement in your account for a consecutive period of at least 28 days.

However, If you do want to include it (as well as Oanda's exchange rate on the day ur statement was printed out), you could write it in the space provided for 'Additional Information' on your Visa application form or on a small sheet attached to your bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2010
scobyy2007:

Hello afenex, depending on what your CAS says, it will state what you should show to BHC. meanwhile start fast tracking your Transcript now so as not to be caught unaware. grease the necessary hand if possible to have a copy of that Transcript in your hands. I have never heard of some1 sending transcript to the BHC after submission ooooo. so get am 4 your hand now, possibly get an introduction letter from your department, endorsed by your HOD, FEMTOPSY did that too. am skeptical about the fact that you just want to pay the 50%. but no issues, ensure that the payment is fully indicated on your CAS mail that will be sent to you. I hope you dont have issues with your statement of account, maintenance. please ask questions if you have.
I remain loyal and stand to be corrected by any member of the forum: Justwise, femtopsy, jtx3001, umo77 and others please let support afenex

person wey dey ask road no dey miss road!!!!!!

if you ask me afenex, i would say don't bother sending the 50% payment unless it is very compulsory. there are people dat didn't even send a dime to the school but showed everything in their acct. my fear is that the cas the school will send, might not carry it(just saying),but if you feel strongly about it, go ahead but make sure the school shows it on your CAS. Otherwise, leave things as they are, and make sure the correct tuition and maintenance fees are in ur acct for 28 days before application. scobby abi u no think so?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2010
just asking pls @scobby at what time of the day does the status of the application normally change? is it 1st thing in the morning or at close of work, becos i dey tire to check everytime. i think once a day is ok. and safe trip to middlesex o, grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2010
House members, especially those that are yet to submitt their applications, if you already have your degree certificate, its not necessary for you to submitt you transcript except it is stated in the CAS, but if you used your statement of result to apply, please submitt your transcript even if it is not stated on the CAS, the issue here is that the BHC really want to be sure that you are indeed a graduate of the school, and also try to get a letter from your school, stamped and signed with contacts. It could either be attestation or introduction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joyceonome: 9:13am On Sep 07, 2010
Hello house please i need your advise.

1. My programme starts on 14th February 2011 and I am fully aware that I can apply 3 months in advance. I will like to know when this 3 months starts counting?

2. The programme ends on 8th June 2012 while my International Passport expires on 28th September 2012. I will like to know if this will be an issue with the BHC as I do not mind being given less than the 4 months usually given in addition to your course end date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2010
@ eyesofgold, i say a big Congratulations to u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2010
Femtopsy:

House members, especially those that are yet to submitt their applications, if you already have your degree certificate, its not necessary for you to submitt you transcript except it is stated in the CAS, but if you used your statement of result to apply, please submitt your transcript even if it is not stated on the CAS, the issue here is that the BHC really want to be sure that you are indeed a graduate of the school, and also try to get a letter from your school, stamped and signed with contacts. It could either be attestation or introduction.
You are right on point bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2010
AFENEX - Dnt wana burst ur bubble, bt hav 2 b Candid wit u; U mite not b able 2 meet up wit skool resumptn except dey grant u 2 wks or a month extension - der r 2 many issues ere:

1. U havnt gotten ur CAS, & dnt kno if payin d 50% is a pre-requisite 2 getin it. If so,evn if u pay 2day, it mite get 2 d skools Bank 2moro, bt den d issue is HOW LONG WIL IT TAKE 4 D MONEY 2 REFLECT IN UR SKOOL ACCT to fast-track d CAS? In most cases, it tks minimum of a week, & derafta u nid 2 get ur acts 2geda 2 apply 4 ur VISA - an extension is VERY LIKELY EXCEPT U dont hav 2 PAY b4 d skool issues ur CAS. In dis case all u hv 2 do is mk sur ALL UR TUITION MONEY PLUS MAINTENANCE is in ur acct, & HAS BEEN 4 28 DAYS, else dats anoda story entirely!

2. Wit ur TRANSCRIPTS, if U used ur STATEMENT OF RESULT in getin admission, den U need it! Best tin is ask ur skool 2 post UR TRANSCRIPT bk 2 ur address as u need it 4 VISA APPLICATN- did same! If not, den u cld ask ur skool 2 send it 2 a FICTITIOUS COMPANY NAME with UR ADDRESS via FEDEX (u'd pay extra 4 dis!); so dey send it 2 UR HOME!

So, advice u get all des info's ready & quikly 2, so u cld apply as soon as possible (we havnt evn taken d applicatn waitin period in2 consideratn sef)! Abov all, PRAY & GOD'L SURELY MAKE A WAY 4 U!

EYESOFGOLD - CONGRATS O!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2010
AFENEX - Dnt wana burst ur bubble, bt hav 2 b Candid wit u; U mite not b able 2 meet up wit skool resumptn except dey grant u 2 wks or a month extension - der r 2 many issues ere:

1. U havnt gotten ur CAS, & dnt kno if payin d 50% is a pre-requisite 2 getin it. If so,evn if u pay 2day, it mite get 2 d skools Bank 2moro, bt den d issue is HOW LONG WIL IT TAKE 4 D MONEY 2 REFLECT IN UR SKOOL ACCT to fast-track d CAS? In most cases, it tks minimum of a week, & derafta u nid 2 get ur acts 2geda 2 apply 4 ur VISA - an extension is VERY LIKELY EXCEPT U dont hav 2 PAY b4 d skool issues ur CAS. In dis case all u hv 2 do is mk sur ALL UR TUITION MONEY PLUS MAINTENANCE is in ur acct, & HAS BEEN 4 28 DAYS, else dats anoda story entirely!

2. Wit ur TRANSCRIPTS, if U used ur STATEMENT OF RESULT in getin admission, den U need it! Best tin is ask ur skool 2 post UR TRANSCRIPT bk 2 ur address as u need it 4 VISA APPLICATN- did same! If not, den u cld ask ur skool 2 send it 2 a FICTITIOUS COMPANY NAME with UR ADDRESS via FEDEX (u'd pay extra 4 dis!); so dey send it 2 UR HOME!

So, advice u get all des info's ready & quikly 2, so u cld apply as soon as possible (we havnt evn taken d applicatn waitin period in2 consideratn sef)! Abov all, PRAY & GOD'L SURELY MAKE A WAY 4 U!

EYESOFGOLD - CONGRATS O!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2010
Uhmm, Submitted at last today;I now pray to God for mercy,favour and grace, I submitted in Abuja for fast processin nd went thru PFL, ,now I leave evrythin to God, House pls pray along, the wait starts now,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by afenex(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2010
Thanks scobyy2007,i dont have any issue with account and mai9ntenance funds.Thanks to some of the post here i got that taken care of.But when i went to uba to pay half fee through my dom account this morning i was told to check with the bank in wales to see if they accept dollars in their account.Moreso,was made to believe that there would be a fee for conversion to pounds there.I wonder o.This no be extra expenses so.Abeg make someone tell me how to make swift payment that will reflect there in time.
My ears are wide open.Oya give me gist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
D skool is WELSH,so dey WOULD ONLY ACCEPT BRITISH POUND PAYMENT! Ges u wernt properly informd abt dat, tho i kinda undastand dat d DOLLAR is d international Tradin currency. So,best tin 2 do is ask if d Bank can convert d DOLLAR 2 d POUND EQUIVALENT o'ur skool fees,& if dey dont, den u MITE HAVE 2 DO BLACK MARKET TRADIN,bt advice u do it within d BANK itself 2 avoid bein given fake POUNDS(dey'l confirm d notes 4 u)! Mind u,as i said in my earlier post-if u dnt need 2 pay 2 get ur CAS,den dont! Pay afta u hav gotten CAS & subsequently ur VISA!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
AFENEX: D skool is WELSH,so dey WOULD ONLY ACCEPT BRITISH POUND PAYMENT! Ges u wernt properly informd abt dat, tho i kinda undastand dat d DOLLAR is d international Tradin currency. So,best tin 2 do is ask if d Bank can convert d DOLLAR 2 d POUND EQUIVALENT o'ur skool fees,& if dey dont, den u MITE HAVE 2 DO BLACK MARKET TRADIN,bt advice u do it within d BANK itself 2 avoid bein given fake POUNDS(dey'l confirm d notes 4 u)! Mind u,as i said in my earlier post-if u dnt need 2 pay 2 get ur CAS,den dont! Pay afta u hav gotten CAS & subsequently ur VISA!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
Congrats to all those who got their visas today. One less thing to worry about! It's up to each and everyone of us to make the very best out of our studies in the UK. Please can anybody help with info about abuja-london flight ticket prices.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by afenex(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2010
I would like to stress here that the fee wasnt a pre-requisite for getting the CAS.The sch demanded a conditional fee of 250pounds which i already met but people have been telling me that paying half the tuition fees gives me a better chance of getting the visa.Anyway,i wasn't successful in paying the half tuiton fee today due to circumstances beyond my control.After much to n fro movement,i was asked to visit the branch i opened the dom account to sort things out but it was already 4pm.Guess tomorrow is another day.UBA finally told me that they convert to the desired currency of payment as indicated in the transfer form before making the payment .
After much stress for the day,i came home and saw the CAS letter in my inbox.It gives me extension up to a month from date of registration.
It says about qualification as follows:

Documents used to assess academic ability:
Academic:
Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Science (Honours) Degree
Institution Attended: University of Lagos
Please bring your original academic certificates together your passport and visa with you to Bangor for verification when you register for your studies (uncertified photocopies of degree certificates are not acceptable).

So what do you guys suggest i submit for the visa application?I do not have my certificate as i was told to come get it December.Anxiously waiting to get good advice from you guys.Every na God sha and we pray He backs us firmly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2010
afenex:

I would like to stress here that the fee wasnt a pre-requisite for getting the CAS.The sch demanded a conditional fee of 250pounds which i already met but people have been telling me that paying half the tuition fees gives me a better chance of getting the visa.Anyway,i wasn't successful in paying the half tuiton fee today due to circumstances beyond my control.After much to n fro movement,i was asked to visit the branch i opened the dom account to sort things out but it was already 4pm.Guess tomorrow is another day.UBA finally told me that they convert to the desired currency of payment as indicated in the transfer form before making the payment .
After much stress for the day,i came home and saw the CAS letter in my inbox.It gives me extension up to a month from date of registration.

Academic:
Please bring your original academic certificates together your passport and visa with you to Bangor for verification when you register for your studies (uncertified photocopies of degree certificates are not acceptable).

So what do you guys suggest i submit for the visa application?I do not have my certificate as i was told to come get it December.Anxiously waiting to get good advice from you guys.Every na God sha and we pray He backs us firmly.

As far as you have paid the minimum deposit and have been issued a CAS, I dont think you have any problems. The regulation clearly states that you will score 30 points by having a valid CAS, which you already have, you just need to follow what the cas asks u to submitt which is your original degree certificate, which you can offcourse back up with an attestation or introduction letter from your school over here, this should score you 30 points. By now I guess you should have heard about the 28 days rule and also the closing balance issue. What you need to do is hold the school fees and your maintainance fees in your account for 28 days and then apply. I dont think you have a problem as the regulation did not state that you must pay half of your fees,but possess a valid CAS. However if you wish to pay half of your tuition, you can go ahead. You should do whatever will make you comfortable and give you rest of mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2010
afenex:

Academic:

I was in the same situation with you. I submitted my UNILAG statement of result, NYSC cert. and the I submitted the convocation publication of my grad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Afenex what is d name of your school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
helo everyone, please can pple give me nursing schools websites in uk, my sister wish to study nursing in the uk. Pls. reply.thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 9:38am On Sep 08, 2010
AFENEX: @ dis point,my best advice 2 u is NOT 2 PAY UR FEES YET,bt hold on 2 all ur TUITION PLUS MAINTENANCE in ur acct 4 d 28 day period! U'v met d requiremnts, & dey'v sent ur CAS,tho i wana ask - u sent ur TRANSCRIPTS & STATEMENT OF RESULT 2 dem,rite? If so,write dem a mail statin U want dem 2 INDICATE D TRANSCRIPTS & STATEMNT in ur CAS instead, as ur CERTIFICATE isnt redy yet! Bsides,did u send any WAEC or NECO result 2 dem 2 ascertain English Proficiency? Wt abt ur REFEREES? Ask d skool why des wernt included in ur CAS if u presentd dem - Dey shld b able 2 amend des b4 Friday!

@ dis rate, u MITE hav notin 2 fear if u act quikly & apply 4 ur VISA by MONDAY latest(Dnt normaly advice dis,bt u mite hav 2 mk use of an agent like BCIE or PFL for speedy applicatn; dey shld also chek ur DOCS & ACCT STATMNT 4 lapses)! Tkia!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2010
jtx3001:

AFENEX: @ dis point,my best advice 2 u is NOT 2 PAY your FEES YET,bt hold on 2 all your TUITION PLUS MAINTENANCE in your acct 4 d 28 day period! U'v met d requiremnts, & dey'v sent your CAS,tho i wana ask - u sent your TRANSCRIPTS & STATEMENT OF RESULT 2 dem,rite? If so,write dem a mail statin U want dem 2 INDICATE D TRANSCRIPTS & STATEMNT in your CAS instead, as your CERTIFICATE isnt redy yet! Bsides,did u send any WAEC or NECO result 2 dem 2 ascertain English Proficiency? Wt abt your REFEREES? Ask d skool why des wernt included in your CAS if u presentd dem - Dey shld b able 2 amend des b4 Friday!

@ dis rate, u MITE hav notin 2 fear if u act quikly & apply 4 your VISA by MONDAY latest(Dnt normaly advice dis,bt u mite hav 2 mk use of an agent like BCIE or PFL for speedy applicatn; dey shld also chek your DOCS & ACCT STATMNT 4 lapses)! Tkia!

@jtx3001, true talk dat's exactly wat i told him too. just leave the money in ur acct. there have been cases where no payment was made at all to the school apart from the required deposits,and they still got the visas because all the requirements were met, and truly, go thru an agent now cos their's seem to be faster. good luck afenex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by afenex(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2010
@segbas,the school is Bangor university.
Thanks to the good guys here who give needed advice and information.I am not sure about the agent thing but it wouldnt hurt trying one at this stage.You guys should try give me the contacts of any of the agents and the fee they charge.I should be in lagos by monday due to the issue of transcript and applying for visa by tuesday.Already called the records office and they want me to come in person to talk to the boss about getting a personal transcript.
My hands are crossed now and i will be optimistic things come in my favour.Thanks alot to you guys here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2010
hello Nairalander, IS GOD NOT WONDERFUL, ?
I JUST WANT 2 INFORM U THAT I GOT MY ENTRY CLEARANCE YESTERDAY AND I APPRECIATE ALL DOS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MY APPLICATION
AND ALSO WANT TO ADVISE ALL EXPECTANT TO PUT THEIR HOPES IN GOD 4 EVRY MAN HAS IS OWN DESTINY AND IT ALL DEPEND ON WHAT U BLIVE IN because MY CASE IS A CLEAR DEMONSTRATION THAT GOD WILL GIVE UNTO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2010
hello Nairalander, IS GOD NOT WONDERFUL, ?
I JUST WANT 2 INFORM U THAT I GOT MY ENTRY CLEARANCE YESTERDAY AND I APPRECIATE ALL DOS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MY APPLICATION
AND ALSO WANT TO ADVISE ALL EXPECTANT TO PUT THEIR HOPES IN GOD 4 EVRY MAN HAS IS OWN DESTINY AND IT ALL DEPEND ON WHAT U BLIVE IN because MY CASE IS A CLEAR DEMONSTRATION THAT GOD WILL GIVE UNTO EVRY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS FAITH,

DIS ARE D DOCUMENT SUMMITED. THOU ITS NOT ADVISABLE U DO D SAME
, PERSONAL STATEMENT OF ACOUNT( WITHOUT CLOSIN BALANCE
, AGE DECLARATN
, STATEMENT OF RESULT AND LETTER OF ATTESTATION FROM MY SCHOOL
, CAS LETTER
, (WITH FERVENT PRAYER)
JUST KNW DAT ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD AND WITH GOD NOTHIN SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE 4 IT SHALL BE WELL 4 I DIDT NOT USE AGENT AND IT TOOK 17 WORKIN DAYS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2010
@ateteh,congratulation. Na God!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mayordeeee: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2010
@ateteh, congrats oo!!as scooby sed, na God,
some of us here are waitn patiently, and dis public holiday no dey help matters!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2010
@ Ateteh, congrats man, I felicitate with you, mine is 14 working days yesterday, this bank holiday willnot count i think.
please do help me and others waiting on to God here prayy\ for success.
once more CONGRATULATIONS.

NB: how long did it take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2010
@ ateteh Congrats to you. For those waiting, be patients and pray for favour. God will see everyone thru
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2010
segbas:

NB: how long did it take?

He said 17 working days. Don't be anxious man, you'll get yours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2010
Jaylone:

@ ateteh Congrats to you. For those waiting, be patients and pray for favour. God will see everyone thru

Have you gotten urs and how long did it take?
mine is 14 working days yesterday. kindly reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2010
Jaylone:

He said 17 working days. Don't be anxious man, you'll get yours

Thanks man
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2010
segbas:

Have you gotten urs and how long did it take?
mine is 14 working days yesterday. kindly reply.

No I've not got mine yet. But I have peace within me. I want everyone to do the same. Don't worry next week is your week

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.