Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,978 members, 7,938,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:16 PM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11633 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by otokx(m): 11:32am On Dec 25, 2006
someone said he is hardly "around" so where does that "person" said he goes to. at least we know that atiku goes to maryland in the US.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2006
Atiku lacks character. Period. If elected, he will run Nigeria from Maryland, whilst he, his family and other disgruntled political jobbers that have now become his closest friends and are the perenial clogs in the wheel of our progress - will continue to grow fat at our expense.

He should remain in Maryland until the end of 2007. OBJ should bring all the power of state at his disposal to bear on this disloyal, greedy and over ambitious con.

Two down (IBB, Atiku), two less obstacles to our progress!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2006
Atiku or IBB did not stand a chance anyway so I don't know what your talking about. Lets try and learn all we can of Yar Adua and be able to discern the truth from the lies. If he is never in his state again I ask then where does he go?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by superman(m): 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2006
why are yal talkin as if he is a president! what haapens if he loses and a good fixer swing up
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2006
superman
why are yal talkin as if he is a president!

You dont reside in Nigeria, do you?

Since OBJ says this slowpoke is the next president; consider it done.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by superman(m): 1:00am On Dec 26, 2006
i guess so foolish oba-fool! but im not wooried as im a superman . we will strike in due time!

nonesense
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2006
@babasin

what makes someone an slowpoke? Do you even know him?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Apelles: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2006
Let us continue to pray for Nigeria
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 12:40am On Dec 28, 2006
Bauchi State chairman of All Peoples Grand Alliance (APGA), AIhaji Abubakar Gaya, has challenged the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), 2007 presidential candidate, Alhaji Umar Musa Yar’Adua for a televised public debate on his stewardship as the governor of Katsina State for the past seven years to serve as a spring board for his presidential ambition.

Speaking as a guest speaker at a one-day workshop organised for se1ected politicians in opposition in the North-East sub-region, held at Sogiji Hotel, Bauchi, Abubakar Gaya said that it is on record that Yar’Adua before becoming the governor of Katsina State was entrusted with t he management of a poultry farm said to be owned by his late brother but could not even manage the farm not to talk of serving a complex country such as Nigeria that is in desperate need of a nationalist that has the vision, focus, energy and interest of the country at heart and determined to serve.

According to him, the PDP has truly lost touch with the feelings of the people and has mapped out plans of scuttling the democracy in 2007 by imposing unpopular and failed politicians on the people despite the need to elect credible personalities that would correct the mistakes committed against the people by the out-going Obasanjo administration, stressing that when the history of this country is to be written, the likes of Umar Yar’Adua would feature as those ones entrusted with leadership positions but abused the trust and enslaved the people for myopic reasons. “ For God’s sake, what has Umar achieved in Katsina state that convinced him to aspire to the nation’s presidency?”, he asked.

The out-spoken radical politician further opined that the PDP has today turned out to be an enclave of political adventurers that are determined to muzzle life out of the democracy for selfish reasons and have strategised to achieve that evil intention with the connivance of some security operatives and INEC officials in 2007, warning that, “ as politicians, we are equally prepared to defend our rights, the rights of the people and the democracy even at the point death because we cannot allow a selfish few to continue to hold the country to ransom without resistance”.

He noted that with the: ‘selection’ of Yar’Adua as the PDP 2007 presidential candidate against the wish of other members of the party, the game plan of the party has been discovered and is now left to Nigerians to resist all attempts of imposing the candidate on the people in 2007 as their president or ,the country may witness a period of complete under development with rampant cases of corruption and embezzlement of entrusted public funds. “Umar is yet to develop Katsina State despite the resources entrusted to him and yet he aspires to administer Nigeria as if the country was unfortunate in creation without the blessings of the Almighty”, he pointed out.

God forgive us, we don't even know anything about this man and are about to gamble away our next 4years at least (it could be 8 ). Why can't he come out on National TV and debate the economic future of this country with other candidates. This mob culture of "you don win" will get us nowhere.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:04am On Dec 28, 2006
God forgive us, we don't even know anything about this man and are about to gamble away our next 4years at least (it could be 8 ). Why can't he come out on National TV and debate the economic future of this country with other candidates. This mob culture of "you don win" will get us nowhere.

why dont you vote for alhaji abubakar gaya, do you know his background?

How many past officials went on television to do a "show"
Obasanjo didnt do attend the debate with olu falaye did he?
Why dont all the candidate go on television
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2006
You can do a debate from now till tommorrow, Kris Okotie will win, but will you vote for him? Therefore, it is not the debate that guarantees the vote, it is something else.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 1:26am On Dec 28, 2006
why don't you vote for alhaji abubakar gaya, do you know his background?

How many past officials went on television to do a "show"
Obasanjo didnt do attend the debate with olu falaye did he?
Why don't all the candidate go on television

Are u now suggesting that is the most appropriate thing to do?
Are you suggesting that in 2007 Nigeria it is right for people who are TV shy to aspire to be president? Maybe thats why we are heading no where.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 2:05am On Dec 28, 2006
@McKREN

Not about being TV shy - just about the efficacy of such a debate - in 1983 - Abiola and Tofa were on TV for a debate - nice one, Abiola was solid - but at the end of the day - what did we get from it? Dont even remind me,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Christino(m): 2:18am On Dec 28, 2006
I wish Okotie was in the PDP, but someone like him can't even win primaries for Local Govt. Chairman under the PDP, it's just not possible, unless he's into the dirty game as well.

I pity the other parties. It's Like Brazil versus Sierra Leone Chelsea Vs Nassarawa United.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Danmasani(m): 6:44am On Dec 28, 2006
Christino:

I wish Okotie was in the PDP, but someone like him can't even win primaries for Local Govt. Chairman under the PDP, it's just not possible, unless he's into the dirty game as well.

I pity the other parties. It's Like Brazil versus Sierra Leone Chelsea Vs Nassarawa United.

grin grin grin LOL
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Christino(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2006
@ Dan,

Did you get my point? Even if you hired 11 maradonas to play for Sierra leone in front of Brazil's fans, you still won't win (I mean the referee is INTACT like INEC) grin and the Brazillians have no post, so the only post to score in is yours and if you like you can score own goals, it's a Win Lose Situation both ways grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2006
Rigging in 2007

Civil rights groups and media houses can actually help checkmate rigging. In 2007 special phone numbers should be made available to the general public by media houses and Civil right groups such that after voting people can actually wait for INEC reperesentatives at the polling centre to count their votes, after which people can generally send records of voting stating the figures and name of their polling centres and send them to the special numbers set out by media houses and civil society groups like NLC. With that these media houses can actually have an estimate of the record of votes using the most popular results sent in earliest (Before any rigging number would have been agreed by criminals) such that if at the end of the day INEC starts producing bogus figures we will simply have our evidence to start up a revolution there and then.

Each state of the federation or even each LGA can have a particular mobile number; such that at the end the records will be collated. its not very dificult so that at least our votes will actually count in this country. These are some of the roles technology play in a society. When london metro was bombed video messaging from the general public played a very important role to investigating who was behind it. Let us learn to protect out future in this country.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
Just like i said in another thread, this is Naija and d powers that be might ensure those nos get cut off d network when needed most!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2006
Kituan I don't like to abuse people but I am afraid to say that I personally think you are a waiste of space on this thread. The essence of Nairaland is not to tell us what Nigeria already is or how change is unachievable Otherwise this website is better closed.
Once upon a time we were in a military rule that never intended to come to an end but somehow democracy came, once upon a time the present administration sort a third term yet they were stopped and a transition is happening in 2007. Nothing is impossible.

Besides that I don't think this site was designed to discuss impossiblilities. If the powers that be block those specific numbers which might cut across different service providers like MTN, Glo, Vmobile and the rest it will now be obvious that there is conspiracy. I don't think any right thinking party will love to be identified with such conspiracy.

Our democracy will grow if we want to, Kituan if every other person in this country thinks like you IBB would have still been the Military head of state.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by waffistyle(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
I agree with McKren, we should use to the limits for our good the technology, available, there should be an independent NGO, observing all the elections and collating their own results from the polling centres, this would check rigging,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by chudy(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2007
i wonder where the author got his calculation frm. who says ya'redua will take the day come april 2007. as far as i am concerned if PDP do't recall his candidature, i won't be surprised if they lose to a stronger contigents. i mean take a gud look at the list, and you will find out that we have great people who the crown fit even better. leave sentiments apart, buhari, atiku, pat utomi, etc are far better tan the so called yar'adua. i think PDP are looking for a person whom they can control, a puppet who can dance to their tune. grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by waffistyle(m): 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ chudy
i might not agree with you, Yar adua, is a calm, humble gentleman, that has so far proven not to be a thief, like most of his colleagues, his humility should not be mistaken foolishness, Pat Utomi, and co, have not been tested, they should start from like local government Chairman, let us see how they manage, that before we risk givin them the whole country to run, Atiku, well well??, Buhari, well well??, i still prefer Yar adua to them all
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 3:00am On Jan 09, 2007
Hahaha, when u read some posts here on Nairaland u cant help but laff at the level of retardedness and shallow-mindedness of some posters, lol, God save Naija!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by asoderock(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2007
I beleive the man is inconpetent for the job. Apart from being tarciturn, he is also not medically fit(has kidney problems). You can see it in his face and manner. The job is being forced upon him.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2007
asoderock:

I beleive the man is inconpetent for the job. Apart from being tarciturn, he is also not medically fit(has kidney problems). You can see it in his face and manner. The job is being forced upon him.

Do you wanna go play a 12 sets of squash with him??
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by dodoyusuf: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2007
PDP has formidable infrastructure, so is unbeatable. No matter they Alliance or Merger of opposition, PDP will still Win! Buhari will lost beacuse he is a Fanatic, Buhari cannot be trusted. Buhari is not a democrat Many are fearing buhari brcause he will deal with many. Buhari will fall. We don't want to vote a Fanatic like Buhari.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by emeka1973(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
GOD WIILL FRUSTRATE ANY ATTEMPT TO RIGG THE COMING ELECTION.PDP, I BELIEVE MAY OR MAY NOT WIN THE ELECTION.PERSONALLY I NEED A CHANGE.WE HAVE HARD ENOUGH OF PDP, LETS TRY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE BUHARI(ANPP) , UTOMI(ADC) ETC.

NIGERIANS SHOULD RESIST ANY ATTEMPT BY THE RULING PARTY TO RIG THE ELECTION.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by emeka1973(m): 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2007
buhari is not a fanatic.he is a better candidate.i prefer buhari to yar,adua.buhari is the best candidate that can restructure this country.he is not a fanatic. we need a change in nigeria.lets try buhari.yar,adua cannot deliver.he is not that strong.he will loose.he cannot win.umaru yar,adua cannot win by gods grace.buhari will win.we need a change.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2007
Yar'Adua is the best candidate for Nigeria. But my second choice would be Buhari. He is less tainted by curruption like IBB and Atiku. He is also less controversial and less extravagant.

The only concern with Buhari is his extreme islamic credentials, however I believe this can be curtailed in a democracy. The other concern is that he comes accross as quite  authoritarian. That's a serious problem.

Also, by overthrowing a democratically elected President, he has lost some credibility as a democrat.

Anyway, I'm certain IBB will do all in his power to stop Buhari, given their antecedents.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by azorjiu(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2007
funny the way people denigrate others. why call Yar' Adua slowpoke and similar names?
Is the guy not a nigerian? Is he not qualified to run? When did good health become a criteria to qualify for election in nigeria?

I don't know much about the guy. What we should do is try to dig up more facts about his person. If we don't like him, the best we can do is vote against him instead of attacking his person and health. God is the giver of good health. Who amongst us can beat his chest today and say he is too healthy? God comprehends our anatomy more than we do.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
When did good health become a criteria to qualify for election in nigeria?[

It has always been. section 137 of 1999 constitution says that.
But I think the case of Yaradua is exagerated, if he is that sick he would have died as governor of katsina.
But I thought this issue have been resolved, people should stop boring us with this talk of Yaradua's health. The man has challenged whoever thinks he is sick to a 12-game set of squash. So if you have not challenged him you have no moral right to talk about his health.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by omola(m): 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2007
thumbs up,with yaradua nigeria s future is secured

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily / Francis Alimikhena Wins PDP Primaries For Edo North Senatorial District / IPOB-TRUMP RALLY: Live Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.