Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,952 members, 7,938,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11631 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jalal(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2006
Really a trailer jammed into the convention grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jalal(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2006
U guys r already dissing him even b4 he even becomes presido, wat of if he DOES become grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2006
Jalal:

U guys r already dissing him even before he even becomes presido, what of if he DOES become grin grin

then the dissing just continues  tongue

I ain't dissing him yet sha. Would like to know what good he has done sha.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ 4 play

My question to everyone is this - we all know the past leaders have been bad? What are young people like you and I doing to make things work - we dont have to wait for the government to do things in most cases,

Look at enterprises like Google, Ebay, etc - young people who had the brains and the guts to venture out to do something for their lives and for other? They dont wait for the government, they dont think of the economy, they dont think of the past? What matters is what are we all doing to change the trend, we can stay here and pray for people to die and noone will die, God will laugh at us for doing that, the point is, there so many things to do this life to change the way things are, to make a name, to leave an impression on the sands of time for your genration when you are gone,

This is my humble advice,

Yemmy.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2006
@JALAL
Unfortunately it was not the PDP convention but a gubernatorial candidate run off in Kaduna
http://allafrica.com/stories/200612130342.html

Even more unfortunately no pols seem to have died in the crash
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2006
@alabiyemmy

U can still do ur best in your own way but that does not stop u from wishing death to the pols

U can't have coys like Google and Ebay flourishing in Nigeria because first of all bis environment in unconducive.

First u have to have a thriving academic system that produces world class innovators like the founders of Google.Which University in Nigeria compares to Princeton?

Then u have to start up capital but with high interest rates it is difficult.

Constant electricity and good IT facilities are neccessary which are not available in Nigeria

Then where are your potential cutomers when most Nigerians are too poor to afford the exorbitant internet connections in Nigeria.Where I lived in Awka,the capital of Anambra State,the phone lines have been dead for one year.

In other to acheive to world class standards u ahve to have a good biz environment but thanks to the likes of Yar'adua we don't
Is it any wonder that most of the top world innovators are based in the States
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jalal(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2006
nilla:

I ain't dissing him yet sha. Would like to know what good he has done sha.

Go visit Katsina state and see for urself n keep ur tongue where i can see it grin grin

@ All the rest of ya, giv the guy a chance after all we gave OBJ an ex-convict the benefit of doubt grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ay4real(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ Jalal - You seem to know much about the guy, why dont you tell us some of his achievement/Credentials
Apart from the fact that his brother MUSA YAR'ADUA was second in command to Obasanjo then, i dont know
anything about him, who knows? he could turn out to be a good president at the end of the day, but if we are
to use his party to judge him, we shouldnt expect much then
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by ssenuga(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ JALAL

DONT accuse MR PRESIDENT as an ex-convict,he has tried for this country
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ssenuga
how has Obasanjo tried for this country?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2006
Buchio7:
you're deluded to think that nigeria is a failed state and what brain storm did u have to believe that yar'adua is an slowpoke?

You are in denial!!! Look around you, open your eyes!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babalawo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2006
its only in nigeria that u will find a better candidate being the vice why not a duke/yaradua ticket instead of viceversa?. if u were on an interview panel and u were to recruit an ordinary farm manager betweeen duke and yaadua who will u choose? THE BEST IS NOT GOOD FOR NIGERIA WE ALL SEEM TO AGREE
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2006
babasin:

Buchio7:
Look around you, open your eyes!

@babasin
Should it not be open ur eyes and then look around him.How is possible to look around first b4 opening ur eyes.

U see ,this is the fault of Nigerian pols .Nigerians are called upon to look around with their eyes closed and then open it when not looking around
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2006
babalawo:
THE BEST IS NOT GOOD FOR NIGERIA WE ALL SEEM TO AGREE

That is the Key. Nobody should cry for Nigeria.

Canada external reserve is $28billon, Nigeria with its $40billion reserve still get less investment, rating compare to Ghana. Add it up!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by theopops: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2006
Finally, I find someone that reasons like me. I was wondering, why those niger-delta militants, did not go to drop one or two baazookas on them PDP thieves, during their convention. At least, that will eliminate some of them.

4 Play, I join hand in saying, Death to all of them. May they all die young, may all them "thingys" not work well. Awon ole, olo ri burukus.

Who is this Yar'Adua guy? What do the average Nigerian know about him? Why should he be President? Those are the questions we want answers to, not some group of idiots imposing a dying man on us as President.

I stopped praying for Nigeria. It is never going to get better. As long as we keep allowing less than 100k people to control 150 million people, it will never get better. Quote me on it and tell your grand kids to keep passing it down to their grand kids. Nigeria is never going to get better.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ 4 play & co,

All of you are innocent of what life is all about, someone even says he has stopped praying for his country, as if the country needs him to, someone says Nigeria can't be better, says who? It will be in your very eyes, and by that time, it will be the other way round, the country will chase all bad wishers out and to wherever they came from,

You dont have to go to a top class school to make something out of your life, you dont have to pack all the money in this world as capital to start something good - Bill Gates was a drop out, so are many others,

The rantings I hear in here are rantings of frustrated men, not frustrated about the country Nigeria, but about life in general,

FOR ME, I BELEIVE IN NIGERIA, LONG LIVE NIGERIA,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babalawo(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2006
theops i feel u but plz dont curse nigeria
we all fell real bad about things  its a pity tht we going to have a typewriter president like yaardua. someone told me tht hes transparent and honest,but nigeria need more than that now we need a president that is on top of global economic issues
am sure if u ask yaardua how much crude oli price is now he cant tell, as him how many nigerian graduate are unemployed he will stammer.
he -yaaarua might be good in appropiating rightly the monthly sahre of kastina  state  but an average nigerian who is honest can do small.
for an economy thta is waiting to explode we dont just need a mediocre who can spend judiciously keep a reverse - as yaaradua is benn haile for but we need someone who can raise the internal revenue  have long time viable project concieved and implemented-long time project  that will increse the bottomline of  the govenmrnt and empower her people- this were the thing we saw in duke that endeared him to many nigerian youth heart.
what does yaardua knows about electronic capaigning? can he in his wildest dream conceive tinapa? is he exposed to the long time benefit of tourism industy potentials?. can he contribute in an intelligent debate, what is in his CV that will make the average nigerian youth emulate him
YAARDUA MIGHT NOT BE A BAD MAN BUT CERTAINLY HE CAN NOT MAKE IT TO THE TOP 50MILLION TO RULE NIGERIA.
albert eistein said we need a higher level of intellect to combact a problem of high dimension
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2006
Lets take a moment to consider the issues here,  I doubt that anyone is suggesting Yar'Adua is the best candidate of the approx 150M people in Nigeria. But neither is George Bush, Prodi nor Chirac in the US, France and Italy respectively.

The point is that Yar'Adua/Duke may represent the best option for us at this point in time in our history. Ours is a very young democracy requring that many factors be considered in adopting candidates.

Duke would have been my choice, but realities of our time and factors on the ground would make a Duke Presidency an extreme  hard-sell.

That Yar'Adua has left his mark as an effective, financially prudent and transparent leader gets him my vote anyday. I'm also just glad that this should put paid to the nightmare that is IBB,Atiku and their ambitions. We just may have been spared another 8 years of reckless extravagance that is the norm in the private and public lives of these goons,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2006
JoshO:
Lets take a moment to consider the issues here, I doubt that anyone is suggesting Yar'Adua is the best candidate of the approx 150M people in Nigeria. But neither is George Bush, Prodi nor Chirac in the US, France and Italy respectively.

You missed the point!!!

Nigeria is not at same stage of developement like those you mention above, therefore, imbeciles will cause more damage to Nigeria when compare with same impact on these countries.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 2old4that(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2006
I think Yar'adua is being given the presidency slot based on his brother's antecedents. Else what has he done.

Na wa for Nigeria.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by segedoo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2006
@iyke-d
WORD

@4play
which kain suicide bomber/terrorist mentality u get sef? how u go talk say make the lorry driver crash in to the pols with a lorry load of petrol and gas cylinders
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 2old4that(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2006
Hmm
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by gbolex(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2006
If Yar’ adua becomes the PDP cand. Then be excepting Andy Uba or what is he called to be is vice. Though he has won the PDP ticket for his state but Baba Iyabo can withdraw him to run as vice just like Atiku did. Just let us wait and see
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2006
Go visit Katsina state and see for yourself n keep your tongue where i can see it

@ Jalal,
unfortunately i can't. But i didn't have to go physically visit Cross Rivers to see what Duke did.

theopops:

Finally, I find someone that reasons like me. I was wondering, why those niger-delta militants, did not go to drop one or two baazookas on them PDP thieves, during their convention. At least, that will eliminate some of them.

4 Play, I join hand in saying, Death to all of them. May they all die young, may all them "thingys" not work well. Awon ole, olo ri burukus.

Who is this Yar'Adua guy? What do the average Nigerian know about him? Why should he be President? Those are the questions we want answers to, not some group of idiots imposing a dying man on us as President.

I stopped praying for Nigeria. It is never going to get better. As long as we keep allowing less than 100k people to control 150 million people, it will never get better. Quote me on it and tell your grand kids to keep passing it down to their grand kids. Nigeria is never going to get better.
This is the kind of mentality that is adding to the way Nigeria is.
How can you say Nigeria wont get better?
Its just not going to happen in a year or 2, but it will get better.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by celemel(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2006
The tallying and counting of the so-called votes is ongoing on TV. Very sickening to my hearing apparatus. It goes thus: Yaradua, Yaradua, Yaradua, Aliyu Gusau, Yaradua, Marwa, Yaradua, Yaradua, Yaradua, Rochas Okorocha, Yaradua, Yaradua, Jerry Gana, Yaradua, Ebitu Ukiwe, Yaradua, Yaradua, Yaradua, etc. It is a charade of the first order. I believe that God is alive and well and watching over us. He can turn this seeming imposition into a blessing of monumental proportion.

OBJ and his lackeys have ammended the PDP constitution so that only OBJ would be fit to be the Board of Trustees chairman as long as he lives, and the BOT shall be the final clearing house for govt policies. Nice and easy like mathematics. But OBJ and his henchmen have forgotten that Ekweme and Lar did the same permutation and calculation when they went to prison to bring OBJ on to contest and coast home to victory. After he grabbed power, he turned against them, took over the parties structures, etc. The rest, as they say, is history today.

Lets give Yaradua the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps, he seems the lesser evil amongst the pack of northern masquaraders who pushed their posters on our sensibilities these past few months. He is a little calmer and more human than the likes of Marwa, Odili, Atiku, etc. And PDP being a political party, couldn't have afforded to give the present ticket to anybody from the southern part of Nigeria given that the opposition parties have already decided to field people of the northern extaction for the contest. PDP would have been in a quandry in the main elections especially given the apparent emergence of Atiku and possibly, IBB in another platform. Yaradua therefore became the trump card available in the PDP to checkmate these realities. That is politics for you. Sometimes, things happen and go the way no one originally thought. I have confidence that if Duke is the running mate to Yaradua, they would still perform far better than OBJ, IBB or Marwa. Yaradua doesnt look to me like a saddist that OBJ is. More so, Duke would avail the govt his wealth of ideas. And since Yaradua is terminally ill, he would steal more modestly knowing that his days are numbered, and that would translate to better governance and growth for we, the ordinary people of this great republic.

I am confident that God has started looking at Nigeria. Surely, tomorrow would be better than today. Lets keep hope alive.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by superman(m): 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2006
oh god chei oh god another slowpoke swing up chie i don die oo ! i know say AMadiohia de watch! dat man self superman de as well. u think its all over.

alabiyemmy

they dnt know they themselves can change the suitation in nigeria, they dnt know that , they just dnt know. and no one is asking how? we u can see poverty has left its print in their heads.

never wori we get there

long live nigeria
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2006
@Babasin,

The fact that our democracy is under-developed is the very reason why the best candidates are unlikely to win at the ballot box.  Throw in the complex ethnic considerations + influence of money + sharp practices by returning officers and you'll agree that ours is a work in progress,

However, it will be major credit to the PDP if Yar'Adua + Duke are adopted, as the very basis for their selection would signifify a determination to deviate from the past.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2006
This is a joke. Yar'Adua must have won over 90% of the votes counted so far. If this were a boxing match it would have been stopped by now.

Don't the delegates have a mind of their own. Even if Obj and the PDP directed to vote for Yar'Adua could they still vote based on their conscience. They may have been massively bought over with cash
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by superman(m): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2006
na only aboki de naija! i think we had enough suya now. dnt need more
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Orikinla(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2006
Atiku Abubakar will beat Umaru Yar' Adua. And that is why the PDP wants to stop Atiku by peace or by force.

I won't support any Presidential Candidate who is not from the South-South.

The Hausas, Yorubas and Igbos must stop their political monopoly in Nigeria.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2006
There may well be a backlash against Obasanjo which could enable Buhari win. If Buhari picks a good running mat he could well win. Yar'Adua needs to pick his running mate very careful otherwise it could be disasterous. Duke as his VP wiould mobilise the progressive and youth vote.

It is going to be an interesting election. The PDP election was a charade but the general election will be a real ccontest of heavy weights and it will be difficult for the PDP to rig.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2006
Atiku Abubaker will never beat Yar'Adua as long as all the pdp governors back Yar'Adua which I'm sure most, if not all, will. This is Nigeria my friend.  IBB, Gusau stand a better chance at the polls should they decide to defect. Atiku is more or less damanged and is hard-sell, has little support in the South and in the north is deeply compromised by Yar'Adua's emergence, He may be better off backing down and supporting a candidate like Buhari,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success! / Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Cross River (Photos) / 2019 Elections: Lagos State Govt Goes Against Igbos, Seals Trade Fair Intl Mrk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.