Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,978 members, 7,938,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11632 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 9ja4eva: 12:18am On Dec 20, 2006
Ynot:

Sure. When you guys come up with a comprehensive plan, let me know. BTW, i'm no longer in Florida.

When there is a change everyone will hear of it okay.Oh okay
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 12:30am On Dec 20, 2006
Iyke D and Mckren, keep deluding yourselves but i bet you would swallow ur words and i hope it does not cause u guys indigestion, lol
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2006
@Kitaun

See how Francis Arthur Nzeribe has been rendered irrelevant by PDP like an old rag?, So has IBB. He was forced to step down and he didn't do it willingly nor was it out of loyalty. How many times did he jail General Yaradua who he now wants to call a brother?, You're honestly delusional bro., IBB does not run the show anymore.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2006
I've been in the game for donkey years, so i know what am talking about! We are all free to believe anything we wish to but i pray God sustainer of life preserves us thru d festive period whilst from thence we shall watch events unfold, Amen!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 2:48am On Dec 20, 2006
Ynot:

Nilla where you at in Kansa? I used to visit Wichita and Kansas city from OKC.

I'm in Olathe.
You were in OKC?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 20, 2006
kitaun:

I've been in the game for donkey years, so i know what am talking about! We are all free to believe anything we wish to but i pray God sustainer of life preserves us through d festive period whilst from thence we shall watch events unfold, Amen!

No wonder you're catching feelings because your heroes (villians) to the rest of us are being shoved aside so we can progress. It's a pity, but Nigeria actually wants to move forward and that fat General from Minna is pulling us back. grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 5:04am On Dec 20, 2006
______________________________________________________________________________________-
I've been in the game for donkey years, so i know what am talking about! We are all free to believe anything we wish to but i pray God sustainer of life preserves us through d festive period whilst from thence we shall watch events unfold, Amen!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

This guy jus dey blow smoke anyhow, I don change hin name to chimney, Kai smoke jus dey blow any how, no fire jus all smoke like IBB!!!
u sure say u no be IBB sef!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 5:37am On Dec 20, 2006
nilla:

I'm in Olathe.
You were in OKC?

Yep
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2006
I don't like OKC for some weird reason
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Sista(f): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2006
@Ynot

Good night
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 9:24am On Dec 20, 2006
@ Nilla
You need to visit and experience OKC. Never been to Olathe but going by my stay at Wichita, i can tell you Kansas has nothing to offer. Maybe it has a lot to do with lifestyle. I've been a lot of places, didn't like here at first but now i'm glad to call OKC home.

@ Sista
Good nite and goodluck wink.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 9:27am On Dec 20, 2006
Smokejuice, yes i am IBB and u must be Clifford Orji or Shina Rambo!! U schmuck!! cant u read to save ur life dummy?! U r new around and i see u having erections on me already, u suffering 4rm homo-chondria?? Ibb does not need u or any others like Donzman to think the world of him, whether u feel he's/he's been a hero or villain aint d issue, look out properly(if ur lenses really are functional) and u will see the imprints of d fat prince of the niger in day 2 day naija governance, dont u guys ever reconcile with realism??
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2006
Kituan the manner at which you abuse people just to put your IBB point through says it all about the class of people who are IBB fans these days.

People lets not give credence to this topic by arguing about it, lets all agree wih Kituan and Ignore the topic even if he tries to claim the New UN Secretary General Bankimoun was installed by IBB. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by IykeD1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2006
Agreed - and MEND is taking instructions from IBB too.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2006
Ynot:

@ Nilla
You need to visit and experience OKC. Never been to Olathe but going by my stay at Wichita, i can tell you Kansas has nothing to offer. Maybe it has a lot to do with lifestyle. I've been a lot of places, didn't like here at first but now i'm glad to call OKC home.
@ Sista
Good night and goodluck wink.

I've passed by there twice. . .and i got chills (Mcveigh chills).
I know kansas is slightly boring but OK is worse tongue
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2006
Mckren, some peeps already dissed me without me bothering to reply such ants cos thats what they are, so if i decide to engage vituperatively with any why castigate me? my take remains my take, if u choose otherwise, why sulk this much? You attack me and i would like a true combatant give u back equally or worse, ur take ur opinion!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2006
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Smokejuice, yes i am IBB and u must be Clifford Orji or Shina Rambo!! U schmuck!! can't u read to save your life dummy?! U r new around and i see u having erections on me already, u suffering from homo-chondria?? Ibb does not need u or any others like Donzman to think the world of him, whether u feel he's/he's been a hero or villain aint d issue, look out properly(if your lenses really are functional) and u will see the imprints of d fat prince of the niger in day 2 day naija governance, don't u guys ever reconcile with realism??
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey  I for know say u be IBB, wetin u dey do for internet sef, shouldn’t be scheming on ways to take over Naija right about now, but instead u dey on top internet dey chat, just adds more credence to the people wey talk say u no get teeth for Naija politics anymore, oh well truth dey hurt. And what’s up with all the abuses, I made an observation, seems like all ur arguments are based on myths, no concrete facts. Again can u please educate some of us that might be less privileged to some of the inner workings of the IBB machine, since u know so much, no he or she say, just straight up facts.

ps : I got word from the IBB camp, say to stay off his nuts, u are on the guys nuts so hard it's boderline GAY!!!!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2006
Juice, my monkey is male, ur posts has caught his attention and since u r a gay without class, u might some action?? Maybe u should be warned that you NEVER can outdo me on this, u r a newcomer on this forum, u ought to learn how the forum works and u shdnt get into vituperations this early, as it does little to make u less miserable, i bet ur type revel in looking for attention!! I care less the f@#k u feel about moi!! Senior Wankster!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2006
Hey professor, shey u go answer my question or u go jus dey blow grammer. Like I said earlier in my previous post, u just dey blow smoke no fire, u dey bark, u no get bite, u get all this grammer u no get sence. I know say u be IBB fu*K boy, u dey talk about monkey, wetin concern monkey with the question wey I ask. Abi u dey try talk in code of how u dey shine IBB monkey, omo may u no dey speak in parables, if u be one of IBB boys make u let us no, at least then we go no where u dey come from.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2006
Why should i bandy words with a frustrated schitzo like u? Stop acting d cunt and tape ur gutter shut, must u infest this board with d diseases u carry about, better still stop visiting ur customer_lunatic_woman down ur hood and doing all the dirty works with her, maybe then u would read well and assimmilate beta,super-schmuck! I can relate better with the likes of lewa, odeku and a few others but never ur type that cant read and write simple english, cant u decipher the meaning of 'realistic talk' and how it differs 4rm sycophancy? I seriously hope these words arent to big 4 ur prick-head to comprehend! Punk-Ass!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2006
Guys, please let's calm down and differ without resorting to these personal attacks.

It's clear that nothing heats up this forum as much as discussions on IBB. That is the kind of man he is, and the emotions he elicits. An enigma who commands adulation and respect in some, derision and hatred in most

But I have to agree with the opinion on IBB as a  man fast approaching his sell by date, his relevance certain to remain in decline for the forseable future. However, he is still relevant today, no doubt,  and his support is vital to a Yar'Adua victory.

IBB, together with the likes of Abacha,  are the worst Presidents this country has had the misfortune of having, and I'm  convinced that for him, history will not only be harsh, but will have an ignominious end in store, just like his former benefactor and good friend, the former maximum leader and brute of a man,  Sani Abacha
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2006
Schizophrenia (from the Greek word σχιζοφρένεια, "split mind"wink is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality and by significant social or occupational dysfunction. A person experiencing schizophrenia is typically characterized as demonstrating disorganized thinking, and as experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

You might be suffering from Schizophrenia.  Going by the definition, you definitely have a split mind, u are all over the place, what does monkey and lunatic woman have to do with the question posed to you. You definitely have impairments in the perception or expression of reality. PDP making IBB step down says it all, IBB is not some mythical god, he might have been extremely relevant eight years or so ago, but the political landscape of Nigeria has changed so much in 8 yrs.

better still stop visiting your customer_lunatic_woman down your hood and doing all the dirty works with her

OMG, my guy u are loosing it for real, but realy how did u know I was chilling with ur MOMS.

“maybe then u would read well and assimilate beta super-schmuck”

Till date you have not written anything of substance worthy of  assimilating. You are the real Yiddish jerk.

“I can relate better with the likes of lewa, odeku and a few others but never your type that can't read and write simple English”.

Because I dey write in pidgin, now I no sabi English, ha ha ha, u make me laugh, it’s just like saying someone is an Uncle Tom cause he or she speaks proper english. I am not even going to go to that deep end with you playboy. You talk about simple English, my question was and is still, “Tell us, the less informed masses some facts about why u feel IBB is still that relevant in Naija politics”, u failed to deliver, but went on with insults and big ass grammar that added no substance to ur reply.

Since u failed to deliver, I am charging u on three counts

1. Impersonating of a writer
2. Big use of words without substance
3. Side stepping the questions asked

I find u guilty on all three counts

YOU ARE GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Easyy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2006
you guys are outside the country and making these comments - what have you as an individual done to improve Nigeria? Apart from deserting her at her hour of need and wishing death to those people who offered themselves to serve the country?

I do not consider myself as one who deserted Nigeria. I have dual nationality and could have left Nigeria several years before I decided to leave out of my frustration; not with the politicians but with the average Nigerian as I saw him/her at the time.

I expected that the advent of 'democracy' in 2000 was a chance for Nigerians to make a bold statement about how they wanted to be governed. I was involved in a lot of things and a few projects which I wont divulge so you don't start taking guesses at my identity. I was disappointed that many Nigerians were so complacent and they were willing to vote for known thieves and treasury looters.

Also, many of us seem to believe that certain misnormers are just meant to be parts of our lifestyles. That's why no one frowns at corruption; everyone is ready to give and take bribes; no one ever obeys traffic regulations, no one ever willing to take their turns etc etc. These are things which we need to check within ourselves and then we can also confront the actions of others.

Needless to say, I did not desert naija but I got frustrated with the attitude of people who were not ready to put a stop to their own misery
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2006
Easyy

What you are getting at looks like the truth but I beg to differ.

Suggesting that Nigerians should confront a few things with themselves before attacking their leaders is not very accurate. Please Nigerians are not inherently corrupt or lawless, people's actions are a product of the society we live in, then the sorry state of our society is as a result of the wickedness of our leaders.
A country where there is no public welfare or social security people will strive to survive by any means. The corrupt people on the streets are doing so because thats their only means of survival, but our corrupt leaders are being greedy and wicked otherwise why will a man amarse as much wealth as his great grand children can not finish.

Talking about turn by turn, when you got to london for the first time I am sure you were amazed at how every other person is trying to hold the door for the other person to pass. Compare that to our culture where you have to push others just to enter moluwe.

Do you think if there were adequate mass transit, big buses, train and people actually have option anybody will be pushing others? Are Nigerians in london not observing queues, why will you struggle when there are options.

Go to Nigeria, our health facilities are in shambles our leaders refuse to put them together when they fall ill they run abroad for treatment. Our schools are in shambles meanwhile all the kids of our leaders are studying in UK and US. How many people can afford to come abroad.

You know what? Easyy. People are wishing our leaders death because they have not realised the injustice being done to them because if they do realise Nigeria is supposed to witness sucide bombing. Especially during the last PDP convention someone should have blown that venue during the convention so that leaders will learn to take the people seriously.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2006
@smokie_juice

Too much of gin and weed aint doing you any good, u know? shocked cool tongue

joshO has already expantiated what i tried not to say myself, why do i FFS have to bore us all again with this issue of IBB and his relevance to the polity when there are already too many threads on this forum tht had adequately treated that angry

Does not that explain to you that you should take your time and search before posting, as a person am bored of convincing anyone of IBB'S RELEVANCE in present day Nigeria, why becaues it is pointless doing so!!!  lipsrsealed

You had to consult a dictionary for the meaning of Schitzo?? Odesco

You accuse me of blowing grammar, but best believe me check thru my posts and you will agree with me that am a culmination of THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY cool why because am a down-to-earth kind of person, i tell it as it is without caring whose ox is gored, even the Admin can attest to that undecided, and in doing so i use all forms of expression, english, pidgin, my native dialect, etc so i'ono where u got the 'prof' angle from undecided but who cares?

At the risk of sounding immodest, i dont think you will record more meaningful contributions on-board Nairaland than i have in the past few months, bet you its still counting (at almost 3000, ur road far no be small) considering you have as at now only 17 posts cool grin

With due respect to everyone, i repeat, everyone has a right to believe what he/she believes, at the end of the day, God only determines what is and what is to be!!! cool
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ McKren

I disagree with you - you said " people's actions are a product of the society we live in", and you surmise that "when you got to london for the first time I am sure you were amazed at how every other person is trying to hold the door for the other person to pass. Compare that to our culture where you have to push others just to enter moluwe." This is not a result of where you live in, it is a result of the inhenrently indisciplined nature of the Nigerian person. You have not seen where a Nigerian behave abroad, hence you are saying what you are saying.

If you are disciplined and not unruly like an average Nigerian, you don't have to wait till you travel outside the country before behaving normally - there are people who live in Nigeria and who has not seen outside Nigeria but behave in the best of manners, they obey traffic laws, they do not jump qeues, they are disciplined and they are not fraudulent. It has nothing to do with the nature of the country - and by the way - what determines the nature of a country? Is it not the people who live there that make up the country?

Summarily, Nigerians whould be more disciplined and should not wait till they travel outside the country before behaving normally.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Easyy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2006
McKren:

Easyy

What you are getting at looks like the truth but I beg to differ.

Suggesting that Nigerians should confront a few things with themselves before attacking their leaders is not very accurate. Please Nigerians are not inherently corrupt or lawless, people's actions are a product of the society we live in, then the sorry state of our society is as a result of the wickedness of our leaders.
A country where there is no public welfare or social security people will strive to survive by any means. The corrupt people on the streets are doing so because thats their only means of survival, but our corrupt leaders are being greedy and wicked otherwise why will a man amarse as much wealth as his great grand children can not finish.

Talking about turn by turn, when you got to london for the first time I am sure you were amazed at how every other person is trying to hold the door for the other person to pass. Compare that to our culture where you have to push others just to enter moluwe.

Do you think if there were adequate mass transit, big buses, train and people actually have option anybody will be pushing others? Are Nigerians in london not observing queues, why will you struggle when there are options.

Go to Nigeria, our health facilities are in shambles our leaders refuse to put them together when they fall ill they run abroad for treatment. Our schools are in shambles meanwhile all the kids of our leaders are studying in UK and US. How many people can afford to come abroad.

You know what? Easyy. People are wishing our leaders death because they have not realised the injustice being done to them because if they do realise Nigeria is supposed to witness sucide bombing. Especially during the last PDP convention someone should have blown that venue during the convention so that leaders will learn to take the people seriously.

I like your views. They are the views that we have expressed for years with no result. To excuse people's inadequacies is that way is too simplistic.

I am not saying the piloticians dont deserve to be sent to the gallows for acts against humanity, nay Nigerians. My point is that a person who is corrupt can have no moral basis upon which to accuse another of corruption. If most people are corrupt, they have no right to point fingers. Let's all get our acts together for once.

If every Nigerian decided to lead a God-fearing lifestyle, obeying the laws of the land and being incorruptible, it wont be long till everyone says NO to the kleptomaniacs who have stashed away our funds in western banks for western economy to thrive upon.

On the issue of people becoming corrupt and lawless, Nigeria is not the only country which has no welfare system and where there is poverty. It is not a good excuse at all, you dont chose to become an idiot because there are too many idiots around you.

I will conclude by reminding you that we decided not to take the window of opportunity opened to us in 2000 and we decided to vote for the same rogues and their cohorts to rule us. Now, even if people vote against them, they'll rig the elections(so I heard) but we put them there in the first place. We could have made a clear statement by voting someone with no past political record or a clean past (I dont know if any of them has a clean past).

God will not come from heaven to change things for us. He will give us the opportunity to change things and if we chose not to make changes for the better, we will reap what we sow.

Peace bro.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Easyy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2006
I forgot to add that Nigerians are not particulary great with manners in UK either. I'm not referring to each and every one but there are a lot of people who think of Nigerians as being brash mannered.

Oops, we need to get back to the topic cheesy
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by superman(m): 2:46am On Dec 21, 2006
i think something need to be clarified here!

human beings are not god

in a buzzness round table there are lots of decision but it still boils down to the main man to take the accurrate and decisive ideas or idea

so implies this to your God fearin people out there who should be heard responsible me or the boss!

maybe west ham FC in london might help out. maybe

god bless nigeria
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:35am On Dec 21, 2006
you this superman self

i think its about time someone erase the capital letter "S" on your chest or just show you kyrptonite  grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 3:55am On Dec 21, 2006
Superman is funny. We should give him the clown of the century. You got to be spiderman to comprehend most of his post and they actually make sense once you get used to his way of expressing his opinion. Superman stay off the bottle.  smiley
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jaybaba(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2006
Nairalanders, let us look critically at this Yar Adua matter.

First, he has promised to continue with OBJ's reforms. He even read it from a prepared speech.
OBJ's reforms have not been far reaching to the masses or it is not benefitting the masses but a few who can buy government parastatals and earn a living from the rest of us who cannot. OBJ's reforms sees NIgerians as a problem and it intends to STOP providing for NIgerians any service whatsoever. It believes the private sector should take over though social responsibility. Ask yourself, is this a good policy to continue?

Second, Yar Adua is very qualified academically, yet he had to read a simple acceptance speech from a text, Ask yourselves, is this a good sign of one who should have grasp of the task ahead?

Third, Yar Adua is an extremist, he is not a liberal Muslim but one who believes in jihad Sharia and Islam as state religion. It was in his state the infamous Amina Lawal matter took place where a Sharia court sentenced the woman to death by stoning to which the governor had no objection. Are NIgerians going to enjoy the freedom of religion and association nationwide and without intimidation? Are NIgerians safe from terrorist intrussion and the like with such a leader at the helm of affairs? These are very fundamental questions and fears. Obasanjo has demonstrated his crassness and carelessness at an issue of such sensistive nature by imposing one with these tendencies on PDP and maybe NIgerians, Ask yourselves, Are we safe as a people when one who does not respect other religions is in power?

Fourth, Yar Adua is physically unhealthy! It is not news that he has very serious kidney problems that make him require medical attention often. NIgerians do not wish to mourn the death of a leader in office. NIgerians want an able bodied young man in his forties and not beyond 55 who is physically fit, mentally/morally sound and academically qualified to be our next president, Ask yourselves, Is Yar Adua healthy enough to cope with the rigours of the presidenty or would our tax payers money be spent on huge medical bills abroad?

There are too many reasons why Yar Adua should not be Nigeria's next president. He has a right to contest that office and rightly so but in whose interest? The North Cult or South Cabal? OBJ? Or Nigerians?

My people, it is a pity only few of us learnt to think critically by learning to let only reason and logic guide our sense of direction. I hope we ponder a little on the questions above and weigh deeply the the obvious risks involved in any decision we take now on who becomes the next "lord" of NIgeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Crisis In PDP As Oyinlola Threatens Tukur / El Rufai's Accidental Public Servant / Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.