Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,979 members, 7,938,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11635 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2006
hmm how comes nobody is wishing death on all the south-south,south-east and south west governors that are voting for him?

you are basically blaming the guy for being there because thats what he is "just there"
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2006
LoverBwoy:
you are basically blaming the guy for bring there because thats what he is "just there"

No.
Rather for his dishonesty for accepting, knowing fully well he is not capable. Another Shagari in the making!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2006
Revolution:
Yar'Adua needs to pick his running mate very careful otherwise it could be disasterous.

Stop Dreaming. That is no-brainer.

Once sanction by Baba, consider it done!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2006
On further though, maybe we should not be too quick to conclude, when I remember how Saul and David where chosen by God it amazes me how inappropriate they seem for the throne. Even they themselves thought they were not worthy. I am prepared to give Yar'Adua the benefit of the doubt, but only if he picks the right VP, Donald Duke. I will reserve further conclussions until then.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 12:06am On Dec 17, 2006
The tribune has already written their news for tomorrow:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/17122006/news/news1.html
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by olafemi(m): 12:19am On Dec 17, 2006
i think Duke will take the VP post cos odili has alot of quest. to ans. to the EFCC in respect of the gas turbine project in PH( turbine not woking)
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2006
Well, it seems the south east is also gunning fot the vp slot. I won't put anything past Obj, even Andy Uba.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by krdea(m): 3:18am On Dec 17, 2006
The guy came into the seen too late in the game, so as far as i am concerned it is all calculated. I believe in growth , progress, Unity and most of all continued rapid development . Any body who cant give dat shld not rule our beloved country .  God Bless the Naijah forever !!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 17, 2006
South South should calm down. VP slot is going to SE, Igbo people have been patient enough. For the people who make this nation move, when last did we have a president?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2006
Well folks, the battle is over. Yar'Adua won (read, has been selected) the PDP presidential candidate. He will obviously be the next president of federal republic of nigeria going by PDP strong hold.

Here is the final Score Board:

1: Umar Yar’Adua: 3,024
2: General Buba Marwa: 127
3: Ambassador Extraordinaire Ralph Uwechie: 3
4: Mrs. Sarah Jibril: 4
5: Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe: 17
6: Prof. Jerry Gana: 165
7: General Mamman Kotangora: Zero
8: Vice Admiral Mike Akhigbe: 13
9: Alabo Albert Horsfall: 8
10: General Aliyu Gusau: 271
11: Chief Rochas Okorocha: 372
12: Mr. Andreau Umaru. Sawa: 3
13: Invalid Votes: 94
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Sista(f): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2006
@ynot

Still waiting to hear about that (manifest destiny) over in the "black and white we are one" thread.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2006
Will get to that later. I've been following the vote thing going on in Nigeria.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by bioye(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2006
thank you for the report, ynot. it appears this is the only page that has the detailed results on the internet so far. up nairaland. meanwhile, how were you able to monitor the elections from over there? AIT on Satellite?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Sista(f): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2006
@Ynot

I thought you had forgotten, please by all means, take your time. This topic is way more important.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2006
bioye:

thank you for the report, ynot. it appears this is the only page that has the detailed results on the internet so far. up nairaland. meanwhile, how were you able to monitor the elections from over there? AIT on Satellite?

Been working the phones. Besides, the result was posted on nigeriavillagesquare and their was a live feed on http://www.africast.tv. You have to pay for that though.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Pain(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2006
I Read in Thisday that that are speculations that Duke may have rejected the offer to be Vice.

If I were him I would Humble myself and accept the offer. It Might Pave way for him to be the next President.

Anyone who knows him should Advice him and do so Urgently!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Seun(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2006
Those are mere speculations. Why would someone want to advice him based on speculations?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2006
Pls Andy Uba is not representing the Igbos or the South-East he is representing himself and Obj.
The south east candidate at the moment is Donald Duke, yes Cross River is in South East and not South-South forget that latter day geography of cold war they practice in naija.

How do you explain a situation where those on the far left (Delta and Edo) and far right (Akwa Ibom and Cross River) of Abia/Imo are all in South-South then Imo/Abia in the middle will now be in South East.

Where they separated based on language or based on cardinal points? we are decieving ourselves in that country.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2006
lol

i dont know when they start using south south too. thought it was only sw,se and north
this national cake sef
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by TerraCotta(m): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2006
South-south and Middle-Belt represent the "minority" zones o--I don't think they want to get lumped into ethnic-majority zones like southwest and south-east. Who can blame them? Even majority groups are ignored in Nigerian affairs.

I've been trying to read up on Yar'adua to convince myself that PDP's choice wouldn't be a complete disaster. He actually has an interesting history: somewhat educated, humble, and by all reports corruption-free. I still don't think that's enough reason for the guy to have scored the ticket ahead of Duke, but that's the way it goes in Naija. Who knows anything about what he's done for Katsina though? What are the guy's main achievements? It's like the PR machine has worked overtime to give the guy a little prominence in Nigeria, but even Peter Odili (Mr. Corruption) can point to his independent power program as "evidence" of his work over two terms. I sincerely don't know what Yar'adua would use as an example of his success if asked. 6.5 billion naira in the state account is great, but I'm sure there are essential services in Katsina that could be improved by that money. So--anybody know what Yar'adua's "Tinapa" is?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Christino(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2006
Nigeria is finally in trouble, for all I care, This is clearly IBB's work. I never knew Yar'Adua was in the race, and all of a sudden he won by a whooping margin, anyone suspects some foul play here?

I'm not questioning his integrity but IBB couldn't have stepped down just like that, im wondering. . . undecided

All the same, it's PDP's slot for the next 50 years no matter how harsh the president may be, i just hope Uncle Adua is not a figurehead grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by segoye2(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2006
@ Topic,

Well, Yar'Adua might be picked as the presidential candidate for PDP party. But the fact shows that Election has to be done. And PDP has to wait and see the result too. I strongly believe that PDP can not make it through to producing us a president.

Yar'Adua stands as a sign of PDP failure comes 2007. I always remind myself that the president of Nigeria can not be from PDP, even if (present) Mr. President take all the highest position in PDP in a lure to avoid probe after his present tenure.

I always believe and know that Nigerians are wise and they can make a wise choice. Is high time we pull out and follow our mind instead of the crowd.

God bless my NIGERIA

SEGOYE2
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jalal(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2006
The final say i believe will rest on Nigerians,lets see who the opposion parties field,, if they elect a better candidate than Yar'adua then the PDP is doomed in the next elections hopefully
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by celemel(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2006
Breaking News: Goodluck Jonathan picked as running mate to Yaradua. Poo.!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Danmasani(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2006
celemel:

Breaking News: Goodluck Jonathan picked as running mate to Yaradua. Poo.!

Source Please?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by mingiix: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2006
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2006
Geeeeeez

Where did Goodluck Jonathon appear from all of a sudden undecided undecided

*will wait and watch Naija politcs politricks*
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Revolution: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2006
You can see more proof (video proof) on the following thread if you are still doubting,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-33366.0.html
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Christino(m): 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2006
Christino:

Nigeria is finally in trouble, for all I care, This is clearly IBB's work. I never knew Yar'Adua was in the race, and all of a sudden he won by a whooping margin, anyone suspects some foul play here?

I'm not questioning his integrity but IBB couldn't have stepped down just like that, im wondering. . . undecided

All the same, it's PDP's slot for the next 50 years no matter how harsh the president may be, i just hope Uncle Adua is not a figurehead grin

Hope ya'll understand now? Figureheads on the frontline chickens and pawns (I mean PDP primaries winners) grin

IBB is the president of this country and has been since 198X and will be till he dies, forget about all these chickens including OBJ shocked

As for that dude thinking the voting depends on Nigerians, i'm as sorry for you as I am for the country itself, I'm not registering neither am I voting, I voted for OBJ and i'm highly dissapointed embarassed Cos now I know votes don't count, there is no election in Nigeria, what we have is Selection who needs you to vote anyway? even if only 1 million voters were registered, 30 million votes will still be recorded - hope you understand? PDP dictates the pace, we all know that! I'm yet to see other parties' proceedings on our Major TV stations, it's been PDP, PDP and PDP others, chickens running for the compensation afterwards (hope you know losers are paid some compensation - that's others for you grin)

PDP - bring the basket, PDP share the money, PDP - Power to the Pope (sorry, president!) grin

Yea yea, i'm high grin grin grin will be in Syria, Iraq and Sudan where OBJ has not been in recent times!!! or better still, i'll send Yar'Adua there, or his VP who happens to be my P.A. grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2006
grin grin grin grin ;DOBJ is a class act, why did he matriculate in Aso Rock like he is retiring when he knows he was not ready to trow in the towel. 2 lameducks in Aso Rock, makes himself chaiman BOT, people should find out the changes in PDP constitution who knows probably the PDP chairman BOT is now the no.1 citizen you never know. wonders shall never seize.

This looks like third term through the back door.

Where are those who call themselves Anti-Third term lawmakers, quote constitution lets see. Nigeria is doomed. grin
If our youths dont go out for an all out revolution this old men will not learn to take us seriously. They are toying with the lives of 160million Nigerians

All those that where ganging up against IBB should know that there is a bigger evil PDP and AC they are all the same.
Civil society and the masses have to repeat the french revolution in Nigeria. Otherwise we are heading no where. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nigeriaone: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2006
watch the video of Yar Adua picking Belyesa governor as vee pee http://www.NigeriaONE.com
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Roscodaddy(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2006
This is just the limit,please we all should vote for Atiku that is if we vote because we can see OBJ still in Aso Rock till he dies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep / Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP / Court Grants Shamsudeen Mohammed Bail For N100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.