Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,980 members, 7,938,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11637 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Aggressa(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2006
@All,
I know that politics is a game of chess, and it is always good to know the move of the guy on the other side of the table. The choice of Goodluck as VP candidate by Yar-adua is making me think something is on the offing in Nigeria. Is this preparing the way for South-South to become president of Nigeria?. Do you think Yar-adua might resign before completing even the first term and Goodluck will become president?. Well, it's all good.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Danmasani(m): 1:26am On Dec 18, 2006
Someone said on another post that a Marwa/Duke ticket or an Atiku/Duke ticket will break the Yar'Adua/Jonathan campaign and bring PDP down. That is absolute true. Borrowing words from the great Chuba Okadigo, PDP has definately failed in this 'Political Arithmetic'. First of all Yar'Adua is not so popular but is viewed as incorruptible,humble and will be a good leader. But PDP should have paired him up with Duke. For God's sake, Duke has the capability of luring almost every Nigerian youth to his campaign train. Even the ladies will vote for this guy for his looks alone. I wonder why Obasanjo and the rest of the PDP stalwarts can be so stupid. Reasons like appeasing the Ijaws with the VP slot is nonsense. They will be no peace in the Niger-Delta if there is no justice. Nigeria is not only about the Ijaws, it is about 150million people. Yesterday i was for Yar'adua, today i doubt that ticket.
Hope Atiku picks up the AC ticket and invities Duke, they will get my support. Nigerian youths should end this charade please!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:41am On Dec 18, 2006
Noone is as good for Nigeria. Even if Jesus Christ is choosen to come rule Nigeria - you all will say He is not good, I wonder what is ever good for Nigeria.

Empty barells with loudest noises, that is what this forum is becoming.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 18, 2006
After watching his speech where he nominated Goodluck as his running mate, I've taken to this man. He reminds me of myself, very reserved and confident in his abilities. I think he'll win the election, forget what I've said before, this guy isn't a puppet and I believe he knows what he wants and he's getting it.

Notice how he wasn't making noise like Odili and co. He also didn't choose his VP in any outlandish manner, just very short statements. Hopefully he's determined to make Nigeria right, I'm getting a positive vibe.

Yar'Adua, go ahead!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Oracle(m): 2:46am On Dec 18, 2006
All i know is that PDP will produce the next president
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Olorididan(m): 3:14am On Dec 18, 2006
Its unfortunate sometimes that many of us seem not to see an opportunity when one presents itself.

First we cannot forget the relationship that has existed for a very long time between Yar'Adua (and Yar'adua senior before his execution) and OBJ. I is a tested one and anyone in OBJ's shoes would have done the same. OBJ has always looked for an exit strategy with which he could go to sleep on and he seems to be getting it. He certainly doesn't want anymore stripes on his back!

The choice of Jonathon wasn't so obvious but is understandable. If you have seen the transformation in Yenagoa in the little time he has been there you will start to understand. Though politically weak of base, Jonathon cultivates underestimation, very much like OBJ and Yar'Adua himself and it is very clear that Yar'Adua had him in mind from the outset.

Back to the opportunity. It is clear the country now has a chance to transfer power for the first time in its post colonial history from a still hungry old brigade (of thieving soldiers and soldiering thieves) to two young new faces whom are not (in relative terms) tarnished. The caveat of course is that the old soldier as they say "never die". So we have a choice here move beyond Buhari, IBB, Tofa undecided et all, hold these two new faces absolutely accountable. In fact it is their very susceptibility to accountability that (not only by us, but by all those within the PDP itself who lost out) that makes them seem palpable.

For once I think we about to get leaders we can ask questions who do not possess the weight of history and chance to assume us a foolish answer. Looking forward to grilling these two!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Christino(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2006
@Rosco,

I'd rather vote for[b] Jim Iyke[/b] than Atiku grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by guvnor78: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2006
hello i think the pair of yar'Adua and goodluck jonathan is a good thing.please let us try and have a honest opnion even when it hurts,and also have the courage to tell the truth even if that truth doesnt favour you,you will be better off in the future.please let us give honour to who it is due,i don't know yar'Adua personally but reports say he has left about 6 billion plus in the coffers of the his state,this is a state that has always been in debt,he hardly ever attends council of state meeting,and he hardly ever comes to the villa to pay unnecessary hormage to the president,thats good because it means the man is not a face seeking politian but ready to do his job,his state is the only state in the north that doesnt use state money to send citiziens to mecca for hajj as he said that in the koran that if you can afford the trip then you go,so if you can't afford it you stay behind thats good,and this is happening in a muslim populated state this tells you his a leader that is ready to make hard choices to make his state better,if he can do that for his state i believe he can do it and much more for the nation,as for goodluck jonathan GOD ALMIGHTY has been kind to him for things to happen this far in his political life it means he has a mission,he has done well in the short time he has been governor of bayelsa state,and he has remain loyal to his former boss D.S.P Alams even in the face of his troubles,he had not tried to score cheap political points with his former boss that a real statesman.i THANK GOD FOR THIS PAIR AND HOPE THEY CONTINUE WITH THE PROGRAMMES OF THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION CAUSE I BELIVE IF WE HOLD ON TO THESE PROGRAMMES LONG ENOUGH IT WILL THE BEGINNING OF GOOD TIDES FOR NIGERIA AS A NATION.ThankS

N.B Thank God odili didnt make it, GOD ALMIGHTY KNOWS HIS PEOPLE AND HE HAS ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by guvnor78: 10:34am On Dec 18, 2006
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting?
« #101 on: Today at 03:14:59 AM »

Its unfortunate sometimes that many of us seem not to see an opportunity when one presents itself.

First we cannot forget the relationship that has existed for a very long time between Yar'Adua (and Yar'adua senior before his execution) and OBJ. I is a tested one and anyone in OBJ's shoes would have done the same. OBJ has always looked for an exit strategy with which he could go to sleep on and he seems to be getting it. He certainly doesn't want anymore stripes on his back!

The choice of Jonathon wasn't so obvious but is understandable. If you have seen the transformation in Yenagoa in the little time he has been there you will start to understand. Though politically weak of base, Jonathon cultivates underestimation, very much like OBJ and Yar'Adua himself and it is very clear that Yar'Adua had him in mind from the outset.

Back to the opportunity. It is clear the country now has a chance to transfer power for the first time in its post colonial history from a still hungry old brigade (of thieving soldiers and soldiering thieves) to two young new faces whom are not (in relative terms) tarnished. The caveat of course is that the old soldier as they say "never die". So we have a choice here move beyond Buhari, IBB, Tofa Undecided et all, hold these two new faces absolutely accountable. In fact it is their very susceptibility to accountability that (not only by us, but by all those within the PDP itself who lost out) that makes them seem palpable.

For once I think we about to get leaders we can ask questions who do not possess the weight of history and chance to assume us a foolish answer. Looking forward to grilling these two!!

NICELY PUT OLORIDIDAN
I COMMEND YOUR HONEST VISION
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Guardian(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2006
NAija people, nothing comes out of nothing.

The North are back OBJ supported the plan, If South-South candidate had been nominated, PDP will loose the Northern Vote (VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT VOTESSSSSSSS ) Now Jonathan has been picked. So do the arithmetic.

70% of Northern Vote + All the Ijaw vote (Largest ethnic in the South, Very very large population ) courtsey of Jonathan + 70 % of South-South votes (they have no choice aaaaaahhh ) + A bit of western Vote ( Courtsey of OBJ assuming leadership of PDP ) + Normal wayo, jibity, mago-mago-wuru-wuru.

Yardua will come out and take the position his Late elder brother ought to have clinched years back.

Very simple, the script is now in motion. In 2007 It will be in the Cinemas !!! It has 90% chance of being a BOX office hit.

Once again I weep for naija. Someone will say play your part, VOTE !! No way !!! not when the architect is in Power . STATE POWER is POWER !!! .
It will be used thanx to OBJ and his cronies and he intends to manage his new empires through it. Who get sense buy shares in all the OBJ related biznesses. I weep for Naija.

UNTIL WHAT HAPPENED IN ARGENTINA YEARS BACK HAPPENS IN NAIJA,
UNTIL WHEN nigerians RISE again like when they got tired and REMOVED ibb himself,
UNTIL All Nigerians HAVE THE INTREST OF ONE ANOTHER AT HEART, irrespective of ethnic, religion, brother or sister and selfishness,

It will be same and may remain same. Hardlife for LIFE.

I don talk
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by dukforever(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2006
4 Play, Na wah for u o! these things u are saying are just too harsh. Tell me One Capable Nigerian who is not a thief you want in Yar'adua stead. Please need ur answer Urgently.Black Belle Guy
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2006
Whaever guys!! But best believe this, its all a written script and IBB the script writer and 'evil genius extraordinaire' still rules the land as he has for the past donkey years!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Labans(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2006
LET ME USE THIS MEDIUM TO CONGRATULATE GOV. YAR'ADUA ON HIS VICTORY AT THE JUST CONCLUDED PDP CONVENTION. grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2006
People dont seem to realise that IBB has gone into political oblivion. His media assistant Venatius Ikem contested guber primaries in Cross River state he polled 2 votes out of 5000 votes, his state Niger state guber primaries their is a bitter fight there. Even the man IBB himself was made to chiken out of PDP race and people are still talking about IBB writting script.

The guy is finished at least for now.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Bomi(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2006
Hun hun is only Nigeria that President are force on individual without ambition. I hope
Yardua will not turn out to become another Shagari. Nigeria cannot survive it again.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2006
Someone said on another post that a Marwa/Duke ticket or an Atiku/Duke ticket will break the Yar'Adua/Jonathan campaign and bring PDP down. That is absolute true. Borrowing words from the great Chuba Okadigo, PDP has definately failed in this 'Political Arithmetic'. First of all Yar'Adua is not so popular but is viewed as incorruptible,humble and will be a good leader. But PDP should have paired him up with Duke. For God's sake, Duke has the capability of luring almost every Nigerian youth to his campaign train. Even the ladies will vote for this guy for his looks alone. I wonder why Obasanjo and the rest of the PDP stalwarts can be so stupid. Reasons like appeasing the Ijaws with the VP slot is nonsense. They will be no peace in the Niger-Delta if there is no justice. Nigeria is not only about the Ijaws, it is about 150million people. Yesterday i was for Yar'adua, today i doubt that ticket.
Hope Atiku picks up the AC ticket and invities Duke, they will get my support. Nigerian youths should end this charade please!

How on earth do you expect OBJ to consider Duke's looks. If you are not handsome will you risk living your girlfriend with a sweet guy? its jealousy
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2006

Not sure what "transformation" mean these days can you explain please

Well even Odili is claiming to have transformed River State, just want to know whether you guys imply in the negative direction.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2006
Mckren, u sure must be an upstart in politics and public analysis for u to feel Ibb has gone into political oblivion, for now i reserve my comments! *shaking my head at ur obvious ignorance*
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2006
70% of Northern Vote + All the Ijaw vote (Largest ethnic in the South, Very very large population ) courtsey of Jonathan + 70 % of South-South votes (they have no choice aaaaaahhh ) + A bit of western Vote ( Courtsey of OBJ assuming leadership of PDP ) + Normal wayo, jibity, mago-mago-wuru-wuru.

Ijaw, largest ethnic group in the South?, What happened to Yoruba and Igbo?

By the way, I do not see this "South South" on the map. How can Imo and Abia be South East when Cross River is south south?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2006
Kituan I totally agree with you that I may be ignorant but I do not think the editors of The News Magazine are that ignorant too, see excerpts from the first paragragh of there report

In a recent interview with ThisDay, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd), former military president, painted himself in bright colours. With rumours of his presidential ambition flying around, Babangida was asked if there were certain conditions that could compel him to abandon his presidential ambition. The former president, ever willing to advertise himself as a man of valour, said: ‘‘Chicken out? No, it is not in my character. If anything, I like to be challenged.’’ Brave words from an aspiring braveheart. But last week, Babangida was forced to eat his words, when he limply withdrew from the presidential primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

You guys are just creating an un-existent aura of invincibility arround the man IBB, his days are gone simple. He is still looking for platform up till now.
You think he is a political bulldozer? I think he is a toothless bulldog who only benefits when he is favoured by the man in power. Wanna know what it means to be a political bulldozer? go and read the history of Ariel Sharon of Isreal who changed parties from Labour to Likud to Kadima yet winning all elections. When he left the ruling Labour party he formed the Likud party with which he ousted the govenment of Ehud Barack. When he fell out with his own party men like Benjamin Natanyahu over withdrawal from gaza he formed the Kadima party which won elections with Ariel Sharon in sick bed. That kadima party is responsible for the government of the present Ehud Olmert. That is what it means to be a political bulldozer.

Not an IBB claiming he is a political bulldozer when he can not use NDP to wrestle power from the PDP. Nigeria is a one party state OBJ is doing what he likes people can not simply decamp and give the PDP a good fight. They all want to die in PDP. They are all cowards.

IBB was bullied out of the race, he is a clown as far as am concerned. Sorry Kituan if you find it offensive
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2006
@McKren

I wholly agree with your analysis on IBB.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2006
Kituan talking about script are you talking of the letter IBB wrote to OBJ requesting that he should be exempted from the PDP screening when he was refused to be exempted he now realized he had a moral burden contesting against Yar'adua?.

Kituan please look up the dictionary for the meaning of Ignorance and try to figure out between us who is being ignorant. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2006
@Mckren

If its everything every tom, privates and harry editor feeds you with, then you must clearly be gullible angry shocked

Well, is there any real reason why i should bandy with you why IBB has remained untouchably relevant in the very polity of our dear nation cool

Its so obvious that when you are not opportuned to move in the circles of those that matter(either they are good or bad) then you would start making awkward calculations and insinuations and that is exactly what is disturbing majority of the people that post in this section of Nairaland cool

Saying Babangida is still relevant does not mean those that tell you so lick his privates or is that what you think? then my dear you are wrong if you feel so!! but quite rightly they are realists that see beyond what the surface has got to offer cool

As for your being labelled ignorant, think that is the mildest word that i could have used because i could be harsher *i think am nicer these days*and i bet you need a dictionary to run checks on most of my posts!!

POLITICAL MUGUN grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2006
Blah blah blah kitaun

All smoke no fire

Pls give us fact how IBB is till relevant. Thank you.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by skyjuice: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2006
Blah blah blah kitaun

All smoke no fire

Please give us facts. How is IBB still relevant. Thank you.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by otokx(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2006
This is the beginning of a spectacular drama.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by McKren(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2006
Thank you very much Kituan for your abuse, I will not go down that route with you.

But where was your IBB when Ribadu locked up his first son.

Have you not heard that El-Rufai siezed one of his undeveloped properties in Abuja IBB could not get it back in person. He had to get someone who stood as a front to buy it back from the FCT Minister.

So if you are taking the IBB issue personal, sorry probably he is your uncle but you guys should go and advice him he will be respected more if he learns to carry himself like Abdulsalami Abubakar than allowing small boys to have a field day on him in his quest to return to power.

He has stepped aside for the second time, the next time he will step into jail.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by azorjiu(m): 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2006
I pray he (IBB) steps into the grave next time he decides to make a step.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by azorjiu(m): 12:08am On Dec 19, 2006
By the way, let's all give Yar' Adua and Goodluck our support.

I suggest Duke for Minister of culture and tourism.
Ribadu, Soludo, El Rufai and Akunyili should stay put in their respective assignments.
Okonjo Iweala should be called back and the finance ministry handed over to her.
IBB should be sent to jail without further delay.

Mr President should flease work on his accent. I could only hear "Jonathan Goodluck" when he announced his running mate.

cc: President Yar' Adua (under formation)
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 12:56am On Dec 19, 2006
@Mckren

I have not abused you have i? am sure if i did, u would not really know how to reply any further embarassed cool

Question; But where was your IBB when Ribadu locked up his first son.

It is still believed that all those moves are antics by the powers that be to reflect that there is no 'sacred cow' but the wise man should know better!

Question; Have you not heard that El-Rufai siezed one of his undeveloped properties in Abuja IBB could not get it back in person. He had to get someone who stood as a front to ebuy it back from the FCT Minister.

How could have El-Rufai get sconned that cheaply?? shocked shocked the only answer is;[b]something was amiss cool[/b]

Statement; So if you are taking the IBB issue personal, sorry probably he is your uncle but you guys should go and advice him he will be respected more if he learns to carry himself like Abdulsalami Abubakar than allowing small boys to have a field day on him in his quest to return to power.

He does need anyone to tell him jackshit, he is no man's puppet, hate him but give it to him, he is the[b] EVIL GENIUS
[/b]
Neither am i saying i love him, have I? but yet the truth must still be said! cool

Statement; He has stepped aside for the second time, the next time he will step into jail.

I have said it time and time again that he has/had a hand in the emergence of Yar Adua and bst believe it, expect more twist and turns in the weeks ahead!!! cool

Kitaun has said his bit, even though it sounds nauseating to some ears
cool cool
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 9ja4eva: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2006
[b][/b] Wats good y'all.New to this site but love it.You know ehn i felt like hanging myself cos i actually was looking forward to a better Nigeria.Imagine d saddest combination on Yar Adua and Jonathan.Men PDP don loose d race cos i will better vote for Chris Okotie or Pat Utomi.

Is Nigeria for the North?This kind of thing don tire person.Well i cant help but pray too for God to take the lives of those who think Nigeria is in their pocket.To further sum up i will say i wish Yar Adua a woeful ,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ynot(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2006
9ja4eva:

[b][/b] Wats good y'all.New to this site but love it.You know ehn i felt like hanging myself because i actually was looking forward to a better Nigeria.Imagine d saddest combination on Yar Adua and Jonathan.Men PDP don loose d race because i will better vote for Chris Okotie or Pat Utomi.

Is Nigeria for the North?This kind of thing don tire person.Well i can't help but pray too for God to take the lives of those who think Nigeria is in their pocket.To further sum up i will say i wish Yar Adua a woeful ,

Welcome to NL. Please, don't hang yourself. e go beta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola, Obi Disagree On Geo-political Zones, Constitutional Amendment / Crisis Brewing In Lagos Ports As NARTO, NURTW, RTEAN Set For Show Down / Buhari Approves Deployment Of More Security Operatives, Arms To Imo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.