Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,881 members, 7,876,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474432 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
zetdee:

There is massive rigging in Nigerian elections. NIGERIA IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. Obansanjo was installed as president despite clear proof of vote rigging.

Take your headache pills and go get some sleep!
You South Africans never learn anything!! Is your true democracy the one that silences the opposition via Secrecy of Information bill in your Parliament? Contrast that with Nigeria's enactment of the Freedom of Information bill into law ... and it becomes obvious how much of a joke you South Africans are!!

Please address the points and stop dancing around with your naked butts! Shameful lot!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I think u're basing ur arguement on Nigeria's current security threat to judge procurement of an expensive aircraft carrier.
Yes its freaking expensive.I am not fully backing the possibility of getting it soon.the govt still needs strong conviction to approve such a huge spending.
If you argue that Nigeria is living peacefully among friendly-non conflict states which automatically means she isn't under any threat except for the current wave of piracy,islamic militancy/terrorism.she needs not embark on a mission for an aircraft carrier.I can argue also that we don't need any SUB cause the SUBs are useless in any naval drill in this part of the continent.
I also noted that Nigeria is basing the military in the global direction.she is currently fighting to beat out more powerful militaries and be ranked above them.
No nation empowers its military without putting in future possibilties of external threats.
The more powerful any military is attracts natural envy.
The platform isn't a waste of resources because it isn't meeting our immediate needs.it is there for future advancements.
It probably won't be engaged after its first performance exercise but it at least puts it on the map that the Nigerian Navy got its aircraft carrier.that would boost Nigeria's superiority over its african competitors.

Yes, I did base some of my comments on nigeria's current security needs. Honestly, this is a non-argument, as even in my most joyous dream, nigeria won't purchase an air-craft carrier. Not now, not in the medium term, perhaps in the long term, when we have a 13 trillion dollars economy.

A SUB is needed 1) as a deterrent, 2) to keep abrest with a different type of war-fare (under-water warfare).

"I also noted that Nigeria is basing the military in the global direction.she is currently fighting to beat out more powerful militaries and be ranked above them."

I'm sorry, but this your statement above is a non-issue( just to put it nicely).

If it won't be used after it's first training performance, then it is a big fat waste of money. Look, my man @Hezron, let's come back to reality. I don't think you heard or read right whatever intel you got.

*oh, I remember now. This was among one of the Info. you were back-tracking on sharing. What about the rest?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Donian007: NEWS: SUDANESE PRESIDENT OMAR AL BASHAR ARRIVES AND RECIEVED IN NIGERIA DESPITE ICCJ ARREST WARRANT AS HRW CRY FOUL. DEBATE ONGOING IN SOME RADIO STATIONS AND NIGERIANS SPEAK TO SUPPORT HIS VISIT, ASK'S ICCJ TO ARREST HIM IN SUDAN. NOTE: SOUTH AFRICA, CAR, UGANDA, RWANDA ALL PLEDGED TO ARREST HIM IN CONTRAST TO AU's DECISION. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Best decision we have ever taken, now the whole of Africa will be aware that Nigeria is no western puppet. Nigeria rated Africa's AU over european ICC. Now the word is going around, how long before the remaining African countries follow ? Pan Africanism is born again !
HRW and the west can keep blabling, we are not listening !
Here we go !

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Msauza:

Why is it that people only get stu.pid when they speak the truth.

It is because you always try to pass-off falsehood as truth, and you never seem tired of being STUP.ID!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
patriot4: Best decision we have ever taken, now the whole of Africa will be aware that Nigeria is no western puppet. Nigeria rated Africa's AU over european ICC. Now the word is going aroud, how long before the remaining African countries follow ? Pan Africanism is born again !
Here we go !

Well spoken Chief!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
scipher:
South african troops are skinny grin

Skinny? Nope, in your dreams. South African generally have medium to heavy build bodies. Bwahahahahaha!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
patriot4: Best decision we have ever taken, now the whole of Africa will be aware that Nigeria is no western puppet. Nigeria rated Africa's AU over european ICC. Now the word is going aroud, how long before the remaining African countries follow ? Pan Africanism is born again !
Here we go !

Seriously, i was all smiles when our government said they respect AU's decision to reject ICC arrest warrant on Basir.
i didn't even know AU had rejected his arrest. And one fake Nigeria wanna be country (in terms of african politics) were still scared to receive him. grin grin grin

what excuse do they have when they support oppressive regimes. That's cowardice if you ask me. grin

makes me wonder what they build the designer weapons for sad

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Well spoken Chief!!

You are not a puppet, yet you will become Americas biggest beneficiary of $7billion charity case to build powerstations that your leaders failed to construct for many decades. Here you want to boast to us about your possible procurement of Aircraft carriers. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

It is because you always try to pass-off falsehood as truth, and you never seem tired of being STUP.ID!!

The truth is the truth, no matter how you put it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
Msauza:

The truth is the truth, no matter how you put it.

If falsehood is truth in South Africa ... then so be it!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

You are not a puppet, yet you will become Americas biggest beneficiary of $7billion charity case to build powerstations that your leaders failed to construct for many decades. Here you want to boast to us about your possible procurement of Aircraft carriers. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order?

AndrewZA said Nigeria was a puppet for France ... he got smacked down and he ran away. Now you say it's America. Yet, you all (including Jackup Zee) were bowing for Obama during his "triumphant entry" to South Africa.

Say something fresh!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by paniki(m): 12:02am On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi is a proper troll.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Henry120:

Yes, I did base some of my comments on nigeria's current security needs. Honestly, this is a non-argument, as even in my most joyous dream, nigeria won't purchase an air-craft carrier. Not now, not in the medium term, perhaps in the long term, when we have a 13 trillion dollars economy.

A SUB is needed 1) as a deterrent, 2) to keep abrest with a different type of war-fare (under-water warfare).

"I also noted that Nigeria is basing the military in the global direction.she is currently fighting to beat out more powerful militaries and be ranked above them."

I'm sorry, but this your statement above is a non-issue( just to put it nicely).

If it won't be used after it's first training performance, then it is a big fat waste of money. Look, my man @Hezron, let's come back to reality. I don't think you heard or read right whatever intel you got.

*oh, I remember now. This was among one of the Info. you were back-tracking on sharing. What about the rest?

Oga Henry.Let's just agree to disgree cause neither of us would rest on proving our points.

There's still much I know but I chose to stay mute about them cause it's like hypocrisy trying to flex muscles by giving info's of the military here just to spite the SA nationales here on this thread to further extend undisputed facts of the Nigerian military.
If and when the need arises.I'll be sure to be of reference.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You South Africans never learn anything!! Is your true democracy the one that silences the opposition via Secrecy of Information bill in your Parliament? Contrast that with Nigeria's enactment of the Freedom of Information bill into law ... and it becomes obvious how much of a joke you South Africans are!!

Please address the points and stop dancing around with your naked butts! Shameful lot!!

There you go again with your insults, why do you nigerians always get emotional when presented with the truth. Lets compare the two bills to see which is more progressive, knowing how Nigerians always celebrate mediocrity I'm very much certain that despite the brohaha around our bill, it allows for more transparency and freedom than anything that can be enacted in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2013
I deduce from the replies to andrewza, that Nigerians except that Nigeria is a puppet to some countries, just not the French...bwahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:27am On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Let me correct you, the information bill (termed secrecy bill by the media) is not intended to silence opposition parties. It is more about protection of state information. The right to information held by the state as entrenched by the constitution needed to be limited because the state felt that there is some sensitive information of the state that the government must have the right to keep away from the public. Another aspect was that of forcing journalists and whistle blowers who held sensitive information from the state to be prosecuted so as to enable the state acquire information from the affected parties. To prove that SA is a true democracy, this bill was never let off the hook and had to be discussed in the parliament until certain provisions which proved to be unconstitutional were repealed.

Enactment of Laws in SA do not just pass without being referred to the Constitutional Court to prove their constituency before being signed by the president. Any law found to contravene the provisions of the constitution as the supreme law of the country will be deemed null and void. That's how true democracy work my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:31am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

and would you call Israel a puppet? Or egypt just cos they receive aid money.

Go and make your research, we never begged for US help or aid. Our leaders even told them to go to hell with their aid money after they threatened to cut aid if they approve the anti gay bill.

Forget what Obam said, he doesn't have any relationship with Nigeria. It's just business.

Fact is that there's too much interest in Nigeria due to our due take over from you. And america doesn't want to be left out.

Am challenging you to look for any source that says Nigeria asks for money from US to fix any of ou problems.

This is the problem with south africans. You lack analytical skills to evaluate anything, which is the reason for your regular copy and paste attitude.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:41am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

and would you call Israel a puppet? Or egypt just cos they receive aid money.

Go and make your research, we never begged for US help or aid. Our leaders even told them to go to hell with their aid money after they threatened to cut aid if they approve the anti gay bill.

Forget what Obam said, he doesn't have any relationship with Nigeria. It's just business.

Fact is that there's too much interest in Nigeria due to our due take over from you. And america doesn't want to be left out.

Am challenging you to look for any source that says Nigeria asks for money from US to fix any of ou problems.

This is the problem with south africans. You lack analytical skills to evaluate anything, which is the reason for your regular copy and paste attitude.

America saw that you were just a charity case who failed to look after himself even five decades after independence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:44am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:
Enactment of Laws in SA do not just pass without being referred to the Constitutional Court to prove their constituency before being signed by the president. Any law found to contravene the provisions of the constitution as the supreme law of the country will be deemed null and void. That's how true democracy work my friend.

wrong!! That's according to your type of democracy.

Democracyis not a sharply defined form of government that would need to be implemented in just one and no other way. Both in theoryand in practice there are as many systems of democracy than democratic countries. Nevertheless there are some general features as well as some groups of democratic systems that may be distinguished from each other.

You need to educate yourself a lot more and try leaving your enclave before you go about embarassing youself. Life doesn't evolve around south africa

We have our own system of democracy just like you have yours. So stay the f*ck out of ours.

That's why Naijapikingidi accused you south africans of always claiming false informations as fact.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:59am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

America saw that you were just a charity case who failed to look after himself even five decades after independence.

so that's your defense now. It's no longer about being a puppet?
So it would mean that with all your development and bouyant economy, YOUR COUNTRY IS STILL A CHARITY CASE that can't take care of itself after apatheid for still recieving aid money.
South africans were even begging UK when they threatened to cut aid to your country.

So while we were telling them to go to hell with their aid, you were begging them to keep paying.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house boy... Didn't your mama teach you better than that?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:08am On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
Back to the sender:
By your own criteria south africa is not a democracy.
http://www.freemoviesdown.com/2013/07/myn-bala-french-dvdrip.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJtK2N2peI[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HMM3v7PEfg

Every country has crime, whether true or pseudo democratic.

Here are the signs that one country has a pseudo democracy;

-High activities of rebels and insugency
-Rigging of votes
-Military coups
-Dictatorship and authoritarianism
-Harassment and killing of civilians by military for no good cause
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:14am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

so that's your defense now. It's no longer about being a puppet?
So it would mean that with all your development and bouyant economy, YOUR COUNTRY IS STILL A CHARITY CASE that can't take care of itself after apatheid for still recieving aid money.
South africans were even begging UK when they threatened to cut aid to your country.

So while we were telling them to go to hell with their aid, you were begging them to keep paying.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house boy... Didn't your mama teach you better than that?

South Africa does not use foreign aids to build infrastructure, instead they use it to help aids orphans. By the way we do not qualify for foreign aids anymore.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:28am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Let me correct you, the information bill (termed secrecy bill by the media) is not intended to silence opposition parties. It is more about protection of state information. The right to information held by the state as entrenched by the constitution needed to be limited because the state felt that there is some sensitive information of the state that the government must have the right to keep away from the public. Another aspect was that of forcing journalists and whistle blowers who held sensitive information from the state to be prosecuted so as to enable the state acquire information from the affected parties. To prove that SA is a true democracy, this bill was never let off the hook and had to be discussed in the parliament until certain provisions which proved to be unconstitutional were repealed.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Every country has crime, whether true or pseudo democratic.

Here are the signs that one country has a pseudo democracy;

-High activities of rebels and insugency
-Rigging of votes
-Military coups
-Dictatorship and authoritarianism
-Harassment and killing of civilians by military for no good cause
in those videos, it is the corruption of your political system that is exposed.
moreover your talk about military coups is an other hypocrisy: When Nigeria was a dictatorship, south africa was a racist state which held down more than 70% of its population. It is that same Nigeria that fought against the apartheid racist regim right from 1970. Nigeria was the first significant country to start that fight, and at the beginning the west and most countries who joined later on were all mocking Nigeria for Siding juctice in south africa and they said we would never archieve our goal! well your liberty is a proof we archieved our goal.
And once again, our military doesn't kill civilians. Stop spreading lies on us, you should better use your freedom (which we fought for) to do better things.
By the way I recall that your current military brass are former south african rebels and that they committed a lot of rape and killing of civilian women and children.
So at least be smart enough to not throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:38am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

Democracyis not a sharply defined form of government that would need to be implemented in just one and no other way. Both in theoryand in practice there are as many systems of democracy than democratic countries. Nevertheless there are some general features as well as some groups of democratic systems that may be distinguished from each other.

You need to educate yourself a lot more and try leaving your enclave before you go about embarassing youself. Life doesn't evolve around south africa

We have our own system of democracy just like you have yours. So stay the f*ck out of ours.

That's why Naijapikingidi accused you south africans of always claiming false informations as fact.

That I know, yes we have a plethora of systems of democracy, but the question stand, is everybody happy with the kind of democracy you practice in Nigeria? The answer is a big NO. There is still high activities of insugency in Naija including rigging of votes. Rigging of votes clearly shows that the will of the majority which is the foundation of democracy has been trampled upon, thus becoming pseudo democracy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:39am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

I particularly find the last paragraph of the post interesting.I sometimes ponder on how some laws are passed in SA without meeting stiff oppositions like would be in the Nigerian case.ithe idea of referring any bill to the judiciary to proof validity is welcoming.it curbs some despotic tendencies wielded by the parliament.
On a second note.some new laws,have no judicial precedence and without constitutional backing.when such laws are also aimed at general welfare of the nation.it can't be termed null and void.in situations relating to this.the parliament should solely carry out its main duty without intimidation from the judiciary.
Its applicable in some democracy,I.e SA but to others no,I.e Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

That I know, yes we have a plethora of systems of democracy, but the question stand, is everybody happy with the kind of democracy you practice in Nigeria? The answer is a big NO. There is still high activities of insugency in Naija including rigging of votes. Rigging of votes clearly shows that the will of the majority which is the foundation of democracy has been trampled upon, thus becoming pseudo democracy.
There is no rigging of votes in Nigeria. But I can assure you that there is rigging of votes in south africa. By the way, wasn't zuma a rapist ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:51am On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
in those videos, it is the corruption of your political system that is exposed.
moreover your talk about military coups is an other hypocrisy: When Nigeria was a dictatorship, south africa was a racist state which held down more than 70% of its population. It is that same Nigeria that fought against the apartheid racist regim right from 1970. Nigeria was the first significant country to start that fight, and at the beginning the west and most countries who joined later on were all mocking Nigeria for Siding juctice in south africa and they said we would never archieve our goal! well your liberty is a proof we archieved our goal.
And once again, our military doesn't kill civilians. Stop spreading lies on us, you should better use your freedom (which we fought for) to do better things.
By the way I recall that your current military brass are former south african rebels and that they committed a lot of rape and killing of civilian women and children.
So at least be smart enough to not throw stones when you live in a glass house.

We are speaking the current and here you are on about the history. Did Nigeria ever managed to achieve true democracy since its independence? Don't tell me about corruption, because it is just another form of crime termed embezzlement. SA after 1994 did manage to achieve true democracy and that's a fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

We are speaking the current and here you are on about the history. Did Nigeria ever managed to achieve true democracy since its independence? Don't tell me about corruption, because it is just another form of crime termed embezzlement. SA after 1994 did manage to achieve true democracy and that's a fact.
It doesn't become a fact just because you say so. How can you understand the present day without history. And it is you who started talking history by talking about military coups and dictatorships. When you have a rapist in power, it might be good to acknowledge you have no democracy as at 2013. You are definately not my match in the art of thinking, but I am tired. So good bye.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:01am On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: There is no rigging of votes in Nigeria. But I can assure you that there is rigging of votes in south africa. By the way, wasn't zuma a rapist ?

Rigging of votes in SA? You are indeed sick. Everybody in the world knows that the ANC of Mandela is the most supported party in SA and there is no opposition party that come close to that, except in the western cape where Democratic Alliance reigns. We have IEC here in South Africa which monitors polls ensuring free and fair elections.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Rigging of votes in SA? You are indeed sick. Everybody in the world knows that the ANC of Mandela is the most supported party in SA and there is no opposition party that come close to that, except in the western cape where Democratic Alliance reigns. We have IEC here in South Africa which monitors polls ensuring free and fair elections.
So if I get you right then south africa elects who ever ANC puts in front of it. So on your own, you are admitting that there is no democracy in south africa. This remind me of the "elections" in some fake democracies. Just end the conversation now before looking evenmore stupi*.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: There is no rigging of votes in Nigeria. But I can assure you that there is rigging of votes in south africa. By the way, wasn't zuma a rapist ?

Zuma was never a molester, that was a merely political conspiracy plotted by his rivals. Zuma's support in the ANC was huge and was a proof that he could become the president of the organisation and eventually of the country. Hence, his rivals conspired with that lady to visit Zuma and seduce him so that he would land in jail should the lady press charges of rape. Firstly, that lady visited Zuma at his house and walked about the house naked after she had bath. She then afterwards asked Zuma for body massage, for which Zuma voluntarily offered to do it. Zuma is a human being who has sexually feelings just like me and you. Can you ever imagine what will happen from massaging a naked woman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.