Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474411 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:11am On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

There you go again! Never-ending excuses when your rear-ends get exposed! Aids orphans! Yet you are all wallowing under your government's extra milking of your pockets to maintain or build infrastructure SANRAL e-toll projects? Please get useful for your sake.

Don't let me do myself any damage with the things I should not be saying here!
And You still wonder why South African roads are in better conditions than most of other African's states. The e-toll is not introduced yet for your info.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

That I know, yes we have a plethora of systems of democracy, but the question stand, is everybody happy with the kind of democracy you practice in Nigeria? The answer is a big NO. There is still high activities of insugency in Naija including rigging of votes. Rigging of votes clearly shows that the will of the majority which is the foundation of democracy has been trampled upon, thus becoming pseudo democracy.

Speak for yourself young lad! Don't sit there and imagine things for Nigerians whereas we know how hopeless and disenfranchised you black population has been even under your ANC majority rule. From a big ANC to perennial breakaway parties, COPE, EFF just to cater for selfish ends? There is no need to post links to show South African frustrations with every aspect of your government and democracy! We know the story, so deal with it. We are dealing with ours!

Block head!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

You are not a puppet, yet you will become Americas biggest beneficiary of $7billion charity case to build powerstations that your leaders failed to construct for many decades. Here you want to boast to us about your possible procurement of Aircraft carriers. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order?
Keep up your classic ignorance. I have personally kept my ears to radio stations that discussed that US offer, it was massively rejected. So shut it!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2013
sheyie2007: Their hands even dangle freely inside their own uniforms kharki
grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2013
Donian007: Keep up your classic ignorance. I have personally kept my ears to radio stations that discussed that US offer, it was massively rejected. So shut it!
Really?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

We are speaking the current and here you are on about the history. Did Nigeria ever managed to achieve true democracy since its independence? Don't tell me about corruption, because it is just another form of crime termed embezzlement. SA after 1994 did manage to achieve true democracy and that's a fact.

You keep blurting out the words "true democracy" without a sense of understanding thereof. It is very obvious that you cannot articulate anything reasonable to demand intelligent conversations or debates on this thread ... and it's your shame, not ours!

Nigeria is more of a democracy than your tiny peanut brain can comprehend. Peace to your soul!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Rigging of votes in SA? You are indeed sick. Everybody in the world knows that the ANC of Mandela is the most supported party in SA and there is no opposition party that come close to that, except in the western cape where Democratic Alliance reigns. We have IEC here in South Africa which monitors polls ensuring free and fair elections.

Because kid MsauZA believes and says so?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

and would you call Israel a puppet? Or egypt just cos they receive aid money.

Go and make your research, we never begged for US help or aid. Our leaders even told them to go to hell with their aid money after they threatened to cut aid if they approve the anti gay bill.

Forget what Obam said, he doesn't have any relationship with Nigeria. It's just business.

Fact is that there's too much interest in Nigeria due to our due take over from you. And america doesn't want to be left out.

Am challenging you to look for any source that says Nigeria asks for money from US to fix any of ou problems.

This is the problem with south africans. You lack analytical skills to evaluate anything, which is the reason for your regular copy and paste attitude.

See how Ghana started shaking when Cameron threatened to cut aid after their parliament raised the gay right issue, instead of passing the bill they told their citizens to avoid showing-up in public so as not to pervert others. Ghana will and should keep licking Britain's a.ss, Britain is already warry of Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
So if I get you right then south africa elects who ever ANC puts in front of it. So on your own, you are admitting that there is no democracy in south africa. This remind me of the "elections" in some fake democracies. Just end the conversation now before looking evenmore stupi*.
I tire for this maliciously maligning sneaky sleemy slimmy nimb numb nut south african heads. Their arguements are always baseless.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Zuma was never a molester, that was a merely political conspiracy plotted by his rivals. Zuma's support in the ANC was huge and was a proof that he could become the president of the organisation and eventually of the country. Hence, his rivals conspired with that lady to visit Zuma and seduce him so that he would land in jail should the lady press charges of rape. Firstly, that lady visited Zuma at his house and walked about the house naked after she had bath. She then afterwards asked Zuma for body massage, for which Zuma voluntarily offered to do it. Zuma is a human being who has sexually feelings just like me and you. Can you ever imagine what will happen from massaging a naked woman.

J. Zuma ... the only sitting President in the world with over 750 criminal charges hanging over his head as we speak. Just read your comment/excuses above and see how much you embarrass yourselves in public! Marvin Gayes se.xual healing should be considered for SA's new national anthem!

There's lots of untold reasons for the Secrecy Bill forcefully passed by your Parliament. You should rather spend your time researching it because so far your ramblings are rendered mute!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
Donian007: See how Ghana started shaking when Cameron threatened to cut aid after their parliament raised the gay right issue, instead of passing the bill they told their citizens to avoid showing-up in public so as not to pervert others. Ghana will and should keep licking Britain's a.ss, Britain is already warry of Nigeria.

they know they can't control Nigeria even if they throw all their investors here. that's why they always want to use their media to blackmail us to submission (in their dreams). notice how BBC and American networks were crying about the Basir visit, while they kept mute when he traveled to Ethiopia.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2013
scipher: @mzauza - this are soldiers not tooth picks
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/07/386444_441660599242407_1119378601_n.jpg?w=960&h=720[/img]

UN thingz
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/07/602171_330341207069088_1517345100_n4.jpg[/img]
It is hot for complexion sake.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Donian007: I tire for this maliciously maligning sneaky sleemy slimmy nimb numb nut south african heads. Their arguements are always baseless.

na why i decide to dey follow them head to head. cos sometimes silence may mean accepting lies and defeat.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Zuma was never a molester, that was a merely political conspiracy plotted by his rivals. Zuma's support in the ANC was huge and was a proof that he could become the president of the organisation and eventually of the country. Hence, his rivals conspired with that lady to visit Zuma and seduce him so that he would land in jail should the lady press charges of rape. Firstly, that lady visited Zuma at his house and walked about the house naked after she had bath. She then afterwards asked Zuma for body massage, for which Zuma voluntarily offered to do it. Zuma is a human being who has sexually feelings just like me and you. Can you ever imagine what will happen from massaging a naked woman.
Now you present Zuma as being foolish and sex-starved. Read your post again, thats if you understand was you just wrote. Maybe this is cause of multiple rape cases in SA. OH MANDIBA, WHERE IS THE SOUTH AFRICA OF YOUR DREAMS, MANDIBA?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

You cannot run away from the fact that there had been high incidence of insurgency in Nigeria recently, bombing of schools, churches and government buildings. Neither can you ignore the recent mass killing of civilian by your military in Baga nor can deny the rigging of elections.

Just like you have the incidence of gang wars and killings around South Africa! Cry us an ocean!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
It is hot for complexion sake.

unlike south africa that runs an ajebutter military, we run a hardened and tough one. these two guys will take out 30 SANDF when it comes to it. so don't fret. wink

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

unlike south africa that runs an ajebutter military, we run a hardened and tough one. these two guys will take out 30 SANDF broom sticks when it comes to it. so don't fret. wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2013
The Secrecy Bill

‘The pending enactment of the Protection of Information Bill means South Africa has lost its leadership on matters of advancing the right to information on the African continent.’ – Mukelani Dimba from the Open Democracy Advice Centre

Read the story of the "farewell to Democracy in South Africa" bill:

http://www.capechameleon.co.za/printed-version/issue-15/news-story16/

This illustrates the political motivation behind the bill ... to cover ANC corruption!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2013
saengine: http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/07/16/sa-soldiers-in-the-middle-of-drc-battle

SA soldiers 'in the middle' of DRC battle

South African soldiers are in the middle of a "very intense firefight", caught between M23 rebels and government forces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Fighting erupted anew in the war-torn east of the DRC on Sunday and continued yesterday after about 100 armed men disguised in women's clothing entered the country from Rwanda, said local sources.

Soldiers of 6 SA Infantry Battalion have been deployed in the DRC in a United Nations "intervention brigade''.

The intervention brigade consists of 2069 soldiers, of whom 850 are South African, and falls under the authority of the UN's broader 19000-strong Monusco peacekeeping mission in the Congo.

Unlike the peacekeeping force, the brigade, which also has Tanzanian and Malawian contingents, has been mandated to engage any group that tries to destabilise the region.

Lieutenant-Colonel Felix Prosper Basse, a spokesman for the Monusco force, said yesterday that the South Africans were ''in the middle'' of the fierce fighting around Goma, the provincial capital.

"The [Monusco] operational base in Monigi has always been a South African base. It is on a hill dominating Goma," said Basse.

The South African troops have been involved in two other clashes in the past week, sparked when another rebel group, the Mai Mai, attacked a nearby M23 base.

"The M23 repelled the attack and the Mai Mai turned and started to shoot at civilians and the blue helmets [UN soldiers] to intimidate them. The blue helmets fired warning shots but when they kept on coming we engaged them," said Basse.

One rebel was killed in the fighting and two others were wounded.

On Wednesday the exact same scenario played out, ending in four rebels being wounded and a child soldier being captured.

DRC government forces have been involved in heavy fighting against the M23 rebels since Sunday. Basse said "very intense firefighting" had started at about 2pm on Sunday in Motahu, about 8km north of Goma.

"[Heavy calibre weapons] were used, including multiple-rocket launchers, mortars and artillery. The fighting lasted about four hours," said Basse. On Sunday night explosions were heard at Kanyaruchina village - about 100m from Monusco's position - and the civilian population fled to Goma.

Basse said DRC army forces were able to hold the line but the fighting resumed early yesterday.

"The latest information we have is that [the government forces are] in a good position and have pushed the M23 rebels back, but the fighting is still going on," he said last night. He could not say how many people had been killed.

"Monusco reinforced our positions, including our blocking positions, with armoured personnel carriers among other things, and they have [reinforced] our foot, vehicle and aerial patrols for better protection of civilians," he said. "We will give our full support to [the government forces]."

Referring to the latest clashes between [government forces] and the M23 rebels, SA Defence Ministry spokesman Siphiwe Dlamini said the fighting was taking place in the areas where the South African troops are deployed.

"We are not involved," he said.

The South African base was formerly held by M23 rebels but was taken by Monusco after the two M23 factions started fighting each other, leaving a gap for the UN force to move in.

Reports on Sunday said more than 55000 refugees from the eastern DRC had arrived in Uganda after fleeing a rebel attack. - Additional reporting by Sapa-AP, AFP
The DRC soldiers are poorly kitted, what is a soldier doing with a beret in a gunbattle, no vests, see how they are running helter-skelter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2013
Nigerian made APC

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
And You still wonder why South African roads are in better conditions than most of other African's states. The e-toll is not introduced yet for your info.

The roads could be better but the poor majority usually cannot afford to have a jolly good ride on them! Not an incentive either for the poor to aspire to own personal vehicles!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

imagine an army complaining of obesity! i can now see why they were used as target practice in CAR grin grin
This msauza is more or less a juvenile, he doesn't even know how to make arguements. See his childish posts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2013
scipher:
Really?
Yes most of them accused the USA of trying to takeover from Britain and sweettalk us into submitting to them, adding that that offer is a cage, the criticized the USA for trying to impose their western believes on Africa seeing that Africa is not very strong thereby using that as an advantage. Although they lauded US efforts to help people but believes it is mainly selfish.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

they know they can't control Nigeria even if they throw all their investors here. that's why they always want to use their media to blackmail us to submission (in their dreams). notice how BBC and American networks were crying about the Basir visit, while they kept mute when he traveled to Ethiopia.
I only Thank God that Obama now knows and have learnt how not to mess with Nigeria. In business we will play but any marrow relationships? NO not anymore, no matter how Obama tries to be kind we won't pat an eyelid, afterall it is what we have that sweetens their interests not as if they genuinely love us.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365: Nigerian made APC
It looks funny. Was this a normal civilian jeep converted to an APC?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

am not denying the cases of insurgencies, but pleas as i have given proof i expect you to prove to me if the present administration rigged elections. or else your argument is that of a drunk (no proof).

rather, you are the one denying the fact that south africa has a struggling and immature democracy which i have given you facts. you a a dullard abeg

Hope that will do you just fine:

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/senator-escapes-sanction-over-allegation-of-vote-rigging/

South Africa remains the only true democracy in Africa.

Lesbians and Gays are free to marry each other, but unfortunately this will only remain the long term dream in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The roads could be better but the poor majority usually cannot afford to have a jolly good ride on them! Not an incentive either for the poor to aspire to own personal vehicles!
The poor enjoy taking a bus or minibus taxis,and ride in comfort. Now let's talk about your pothole ridden roadway system.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365: Nigerian made APC

If I were you, I would have never disgraced myself by posting this jeep-cum-APC. That jeep is far from becoming an APC. I will later paste the web to see for yourself how a real APC look like.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

unlike south africa that runs an ajebutter military, we run a hardened and tough one. these two guys will take out 30 SANDF when it comes to it. so don't fret. wink
Go to your nearest library and train the muscle inside your cranium. Hardened?,South Africans are hardened from fighting tribal wars during the Mfecane years,to WW1,WW2 and the Korean war. And the late bush war. Nigerians will tell you about "hard fighting" in SL and Biafra.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
The poor enjoy taking a bus or minibus taxis,and ride in comfort. Now let's talk about your pothole ridden roadway system.
obviously haven't been to NIGERIA... Anyways, I have some pics of Limpopo, mpumalanga, and some part of joburg with terrible roads, should we start? Even North west
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2013
saengine: I've been looking for this pic for a while. The anti tank version of the Badger IFV.
So now people can see two of the 5 variants being built for the SA Army.

Anti - Tank

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1203069_Badger_anti-tank_prototype_JPG2ad60d7df8ba9e8d7721ff952b615aa6[/img]

30 mm CAM GUN

This babies will be rolling out of the production line later this year or earlier next. I just can't wait for project Aorta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.