Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,681 members, 7,926,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:18 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4508623 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

Think

all you need to do is Google Nigeria, go to news of the last 24 hours. Something will come up.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/islamic-extremist-leader-boasts-nigerian-attack-21189591
boasting of attack

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Nigeria-ignores-sectarian-violence-HRW-20131212
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/12/world/africa/nigeria-rights-report/
the fact that central Nigeria is just has messed up has the north

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/13/50bn-fraud-govt-audits-nnpc-account/
And corruption on a epic scale

So what? I can also google any country. Are you saying SA isn't corrupt and no murders going on everyday? Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation and a lot of people are hoping for the downfall of the country and can't wait to post negative news all the time.

There are a lot of good things happening, but it doesn't sell papers, does it?

You can continue to ingratiate yourself on the news online, but it won't change the daily lives of Nigerians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
rka1:

So what? I can also google any country. Are you saying SA isn't corrupt and no murders going on everyday? Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation and a lot of people are hoping for the downfall of the country and can't wait to post negative news all the time.

You can continue to ingratiate yourself on the news online, but it won't change the daily lives of Nigerians.

We are corrupt, but not nearly has close has to the level of Nigeria. Murders yes, sectarian violence i far lower.

Why would the size of the population make people want it to fall? If Nigeria fails SA looses money from trad and waist FDI
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

The one on extremest. BH is a symptom of something very wrong in Nigeria. That some thing will not be fixed by killing people.

Yes we all so killed over 1000 of them for 15 deaths.

You didn't say that when BH were killing civilians. Now, when they are killed, it is "something will not be fixed by killing people".

Until the ideology is wiped out, the military has no choice but to kill as many as they can.

The problem that you are trying to identify is a minority trying to exert their unwanted influence on the majority of law abiding citizens. That, my friend, will never happen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

Who cares, the fact that BH is still around is a fact you loosing the war.

Who cares, the fact that Rhino poachers are still around is a fact south african air force, army, and rangers are losing the war against poaching.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

We are corrupt, but not nearly has close has to the level of Nigeria. Murders yes, sectarian violence i far lower.

thanks for admitting that south africa too is corrupt and has more murder/killings.

does not matter who does more crime, both nations have criminals. leave it at that . fisile bee, je ko wa bee.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

Why would the size of the population make people want it to fall? If Nigeria fails SA looses money from trad and waist FDI

Some people think the country is too populous and are afraid of what influence Nigeria will exert once it has fulfilled it's potential.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
rka1:

Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation and a lot of people are hoping for the downfall of the country and can't wait to post negative news all the time.

the whole world is quick to over blow negative issues about africa, especially nigeria that stands up for the weaker african nations.

says professor/diplomat Dr.Alaba Ogunsanwo...

"The fight against apartheid was one that Nigerians of all ages had united strongly against and participated in and succeeded in. So at that point, it was clear that some people did not like that and wanted something to use to denigrate the country. Each time they saw Nigeria, they say ‘419’, at a certain time, they were giving the impression that crime was increasing in South Africa because of Nigerians. But if you went to their prisons, more than 99 per cent of South Africans were in prison there. "

http://www.punchng.com/feature/life-times/nigeria-is-home-to-me-i-cant-be-part-of-brain-drain-prof-alaba-ogunsanwo/

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
agaugust:

thanks for admitting that south africa too is corrupt and has more murder/killings.

does not matter who does more crime, both nations have criminals. leave it at that . fisile bee, je ko wa bee.

America is corrupt, there corruption is so deep it is not funny.

Considering there are no accurate numbers from Nigeria there is no way of confirming who's murders rate is higher.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
rka1:

Some people think the country is too populous and are afraid of what influence Nigeria will exert once it has fulfilled it's potential.

Britain is number one in that league

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
rka1:

You didn't say that when BH were killing civilians. Now, when they are killed, it is "something will not be fixed by killing people".

Until the ideology is wiped out, the military has no choice but to kill as many as they can.

The problem that you are trying to identify is a minority trying to exert their unwanted influence on the majority of law abiding citizens. That, my friend, will never happen.

BH is terrorizing the people they terrorists. Say a dog barks is not news worth. If BH built schools i will talk.

And what is the goverment doing to wipe out Ideology mm?

Does not need to happen, because either 2 things will occur. 1 they become a majority 2 the fighting goes on for years.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
agaugust:

They do not even care about you any more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

They never did care, if they cared, Nigeria will look like South Africa in development.

estimates say over $100 billion stolen nigerian oil money is hidden in British banks and the British know about it, keeping quiet. European thieves

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
agaugust:

My Brother, you should see the negative news about Nigeria from the BBC in particular and the press in general. They hardly, if at all, run anything positive. They are the first to report when there is a BH attack, but silent when it is the other way round or their usual "claims cannot be verified".

Can BH claims be verified? I tire o!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

BH is terrorizing the people they terrorists. Say a dog barks is not news worth. If BH built schools i will talk.

And what is the goverment doing to wipe out Ideology mm?

Does not need to happen, because either 2 things will occur. 1 they become a majority 2 the fighting goes on for years.

They are reaching out to the people and also trying to protect them. That is why the civilian JTF came into being. Remember, a lot of the fighters are foreign. More development cannot take place when BH keep destroying schools and trying to prevent major development projects going ahead.

They can never become the majority. Do you think majority of people want to live under their repressive brand of Islam?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

America is corrupt, there corruption is so deep it is not funny.

Considering there are no accurate numbers from Nigeria there is no way of confirming who's murders rate is higher.

Murders rates in nigeria are very low. Sectarian/ terrorism violence is the main cause of murders in nigeria. Most parts of nigeria is far safer than SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

They are a bunch of wankers. Neither do we. The government in nigeria doesn't care about the British one bit, neither do enlightened nigerians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
rka1:

My Brother, you should see the negative news about Nigeria from the BBC in particular and the press in general. They hardly, if at all, run anything positive. They are the first to report when there is a BH attack, but silent when it is the other way round or their usual "claims cannot be verified".

Can BH claims be verified? I tire o!

Bunch of hypocrites I tell u.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
andrewza:

how do you know we are more corrupt than you guys, especially when you have never lived in Nigeria?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
souldust:

how do you know we are more corrupt than you guys, especially when you have never lived in Nigeria?

My point exactly. It's what they read online.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Henry120:

Bunch of hypocrites I tell u.

You don't know the half of it , I tell you. It is so glaring.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
souldust:

A few freinds of mine where just in nigeria, the constiant compliants on this forum and the corruptssion chart thingy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
Henry120:

They are a bunch of wankers. Neither do we. The government in nigeria doesn't care about the British one bit, neither do enlightened nigerians.

They have been errevant for years now. Do you know they have a aicraft carrer but no carrier capbal fighters, scraped there nimrods with out a replace ment and need Germany(HK) to fix there main assult rifel because it kept on jaming

There americas lap dog these days.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ZeusAyo: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
CraigB:

The two guys: "Dey pain you for body"!

Not a single lie have they posted.

Now that you have nothing in response, you attack the two guys.

Oldest trick in the book. Trick available to all lesser minds.

No one worries about the likes of you.
stvpid as usual
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
zaandrew:

A few freinds of mine where just in nigeria, the constiant compliants on this forum and the corruptssion chart thingy.

Lies......... Did your friends manage to bribe the president? Ode. There is corruption in nigeria, however if you obey the law, there is no need for you to be corrupt. Besides we are still a growing democracy, only 13years in a democracy. We are building our institutions.

Look, if I go to a south-african forum, I'd see the same amount of complaints of corruption. We operate a very free and liberal media in nigeria backed by the freedom of information law. Medium houses a times blow news unnecessarily out of proportion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
zaandrew:

They have been errevant for years now. Do you know they have a aicraft carrer but no carrier capbal fighters, scraped there nimrods with out a replace ment and need Germany(HK) to fix there main assult rifel because it kept on jaming

There americas lap dog these days.

Yeah, the SA80, the world's ugliest bull-pup rifle. I know HK helped them sort out the issues with it. Anyway the brits have a knack for manufacturing pretty awful equipment.

Like the russian cabinet minister said, "britain is a tiny island nobody cares about".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:46am On Dec 14, 2013
andrewza:

You have yet to show a weakness in any of your posts. Ever single one of your points get debuffed for the dribble it is

hahaha grin....you missed this many last month november, another weakness of a south african over-rated weapon exposed

[size=16pt]weakness of south african navy Type 209 submarines[/size]

south african navy Type 209 submarine has only a submerged range of 740km and nigeria is 5,000km away.

Range:

11000 Nautical miles (nmi) at 10 knots, surfaced,
(20,000 km at 20 km/h)

8,000 nmi at 10 knots, snorkeling,
(15,000 km at 20 km/h)

400 nmi at 4 knots, submerged
(740 km at 7 km/h)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_209_submarine

this is the weakness of south african navy submarines i said i have seen and i will post, the naval blockade if attempted will be a total disaster leading to the wiping out of south africa's expensive but not so effective navy.

south africa will not be able to torpedo NNS ARADU, she will be safe in harbour because south african submarines CANNOT reach nigerian waters 5,000km away without surfacing or snorkeling and nigerian super spy satellites and the powerful ATR-42 Surveyor aircraft master of the ocean will see your submarines coming, then NNS ARADU withdraws into safe harbour sourrounded by anti-submarine and anti-frogmen nets and mines.

the submarines need to be exposed to surface in nigerian waters to give them range, and they will be sunk by NAF Alpha jets and L-39 Albatross jets, or even Mi-35 nd Mi-171 terminator helicopter gunships, as the submarine sails in that vulnerable mode.

south african navy submarines have NO capacity to remain in nigerian waters for more than one single day (and that is if they ever reach nigerian EEZ ocean territory alive without being sunk by NAF aircraft rockets) and mount a naval blockade without running out of diesel/fuel or being sunk from the air by jets or helicopters.

south african Type 209 submarins have a serious technical weakness, they CANNOT hide submerged underwater for more than 50 hours and must be at very slow snail speed of 7 km/hr in nigerian waters for their maximum time of those 50 hours, or else they run out of fuel/diesel, and become stranded and get sunk in nigerian waters.

they CANNOT mount a naval blockade 5,000 km away from home. FACT !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:19am On Dec 14, 2013
[size=16pt]
weakness of South African Rooivalk helicopter gunship revealed[/size]

over-rated DENEL Rooivalk helicopter gunship has NO RADAR ! it finds and attacks ground targets only by eye sight aided by optics

this proves that the south african made half-french helicopter is NOT the best in the world as claimed by the usually fraudulent south africans.

American Apache Long Bow with its Radar for attack and fire control remains the world's best combat helicopter.

"The Rooivalk is not equipped with a fire control radar,” says Van Rooyen, unlike the AH-64D Apache and the Tiger. the Rooivalk is only fitted with an electro-optical sight system which incorporates a FLIR and a TV sensor, targets are only found by aided sight."

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/the-rebirth-of-the-rooivalk-2011-05-20

this means that even with a long range air to ground missile, the Rooivalk pilot needs to physically find and confirm the target on ground before depending on the electro-optical aid for firing weapons. thus, finding target by sight forces the helicopter to fly close to the target and become exposed to enemy anti-aircraft defences. this is a major weakness of the over-rated Rooivalk helicopter gunship.

my next 1 or 2 posts after this will show how a nigerian anti-aircraft defences will easily tear south africa's 11 rooivalk helicopters into pieces grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Your lack of military knowledge is proven here again.

1. The Roland has never shot down any supersonic jet,it show dowm sub-sonic jets,it even has small range of 8km which makes it exposed to the Rooivalk mokopa missile

2. The Umbani has a range of 120km out of your Roland range,read my next point carefully I'm about to teach you something .

3. No computerised gun can shoot down incoming(mortar,shells and missiles),only the USA and Israel have systems that are CRAM capable example being the Iron dome air defence system. Your type 90 gun is not a CRAM system STOP DREAMING.

5. Laser guided bombs can be guided by special forces operators with laser designation binoculars or other hand portable small systems

6. The Gripen can "light up" the target with its laser while hawk launches the bomb and the bomb shall be guided by the Gripen.

7. SHOW ME WHERE IT IS WRITTEN THAT THE TYPE 90 IS CRAM capable.............Mike..Za again whooping your blue balls

sorry dude, you were actually crushing your own tiny balls and they are already leaking like a broken bag of pure water grin

i will answer your posts number by number same way you raised your foolish points.

1. Roland missile of nigeria shot down two supersonic 2,400 km/hr speed NATO Tornado jets in combat, you failed there my boy .

"Iraq is believed to have received 100 Rolands, and a Roland SAM is believed to have shot down 2 Panavia Tornado jet aircraft during Operation Desert Storm"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland-(missile)

next, you CANNOT use a slow speed Rooivalk helicopter against a Roland that shoots down the most powerful jet fighters in the world. it will foolishness and calamity for the south air force to try that with nigeria.

Rooivalk helicopter has NO RADAR dude ! grin

your soweto helicopter fires only by sight and seeing target.

"The Rooivalk is not equipped with a fire control radar,” says Van Rooyen, unlike the AH-64D Apache and the Tiger. the Rooivalk is only fitted with an electro-optical sight system which incorporates a FLIR and a TV sensor, targets are only found by aided sight."

abuja's Roland anti-aircraft missile has a radar range of 18km, we see your Rooivalk helicopter from far away 18km, now dude, that is death !

your 10km range mokopa missile is just a useless distance, Rooivalk needs to come close to Roland SAM and to find it by electro-aided eye sight and lock on it and keep on locking while it exposes itself to Roland anti-aircraft missiles. even the mighty world best Apache long bow helicopter gunship radar range for targeting is only 8km so it has to get closer than 8km to the target.

Rooivalk is even worse, it will be less than 5km to the target to find, identify, and confirm the Roland target because Rolands usually hide like other air defences under heavy camouflage nets, or behind buildings, or in the bush, see sample photo below .

Roland has 18km radar and 8 km missile....all your eleven Rooivalk helicopters will not survive 2 minutes with a our deadly Roland SAM....fool !

Roland radar range 18km vs Rooivalk zero radar and its 10km mokopa anti-tank missile. Roland sees the Rooivalk from 18km far away distance in an open and exposed sky, while the Rooivalk cannot see the Roland. Now that is imminent death for your unlucky helicopters.

Rooivalk cannot see Roland camoflagued in bush or city behind tall buildings unless Rooivalk moves to close visual range and identify the Roland like 5km then Roland miissile fires and roasts all your Rooivalk helicopters in 2 minutes.

even nigerian Type 90 computerized anti-aircraft guns with over 6km range will shoot down all south african Rooivalk helicopters with ease.

2. Umbani guided bomb of south africa has NO RADAR too dude ! grin

Umbani too is only laser guided and needs an aircraft to help it illuminate the target on ground, so how does your Hawk jets find a Roland without getting close to it and being shot down like a mosquito facing Baygon insecticide grin

Hawk jet has NO RADAR to fire control support a 120km bomb, and the bomb does not even allow radar guidance, so how does it travel 120km to the exact target Roland that is hidden deep inside enemy territory of nigerian army ?

dont let the shiny paints on south african weapons fool you, they have very many limitations and weaknesses that you guys never research into.

so your laser cannot find Roland, your Paveway II and Umbani slow speed guided bombs are a waste when you face a powerful country like nigeria. go try your bombs on Burundi or Namibia grin

3. see mister comdey ,a CRAM (Counter Rocket Artillery Mortar) is for stopping very high speed ammunition like rockets, shells, and mortars that fly at about 3,000 km/hr high speed, NOT your snail speed slow Umbani guided bomb of speed 80 km/hr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter_Rocket,_Artillery,_and_Mortar

nigerian Type 90 anti-aircraft gun has muzzle velocity speed of fire about 4,000 km/hr and is designed to shoot down even cruise missile.

"The weapon was designed to engage high-speed, low-flying aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and cruise missiles."

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/antiaircraft/type90towed35mm.asp

ordinary nigerian anti-aircraft guns alone will shoot down all south african slow speed guided bombs, anytime, any day FACT !!!!

4. there is no number 4 in your comments....your leaking balls must be paining you seriously grin

5. where will your south african special forces be to be lighting up nigerian weapons with lasers, inside nigerian army base or what ?
okay then maybe i can say nigerian special forces too will be operating inside south african army base ? fool grin

6. the same death i explained for your Hawk jets, also awaits your Gripen jets, i wont waste readers time on this forum again with Roland vs Gripen simulation, your soldiers have agreed we will shoot down your nice looking jets and waste your money.

7. i answered that in number 3 above.

now that your two balls have been crushed by nigerians, how will you give your wife 'belle' ? grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:58am On Dec 14, 2013
agaugust:

listen up dude, i dont care what irrelevant stories you tell here, this forum has grown past the stage of deceiving us with copy and paste photos of shiny coloured south african weapons.

your navy as at today has umkhonto missile with 15km range and 10km ceiling maximum on board your valour frigates. so shut up !

Alpha jet rockets fly at super high speed of about 3,000 km/hr against a very big Valour warship clearly visible and exposed on the open sea travelling like a slow tortoise at 52 km/hr......it takes only about 7 seconds for the Alpha jet rockets to be half way to the valour frigate.

only a south african pilot will not be able to use 3,000 km/hr speed rockets to endanger a 52 km/hr warship since your own Hawk jet pilots have never seen real battle action since the day they were born.

nigerian Alpha jet pilots have been attacking from air to ground over 20 years experience now.

Do you even under stand just how far away 10000m is? Do you realze at that range it is way beyond the ffectiv range of rockets.

And your alpha jet piolts have seen real acstion? Bombing people who can't shoot back is like bombing at a shooting rang and yet still you have had accdints.

If you really studied milltary you would know just how stupid you look.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:04am On Dec 14, 2013
agaugust:

hahaha grin....you missed this many last month november, another weakness of a south african over-rated weapon exposed

[size=16pt]weakness of south african navy Type 209 submarines[/size]

south african navy Type 209 submarine has only a submerged range of 740km and nigeria is 5,000km away.

Range:

11000 Nautical miles (nmi) at 10 knots, surfaced,
(20,000 km at 20 km/h)

8,000 nmi at 10 knots, snorkeling,
(15,000 km at 20 km/h)

400 nmi at 4 knots, submerged
(740 km at 7 km/h)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_209_submarine

this is the weakness of south african navy submarines i said i have seen and i will post, the naval blockade if attempted will be a total disaster leading to the wiping out of south africa's expensive but not so effective navy.

south africa will not be able to torpedo NNS ARADU, she will be safe in harbour because south african submarines CANNOT reach nigerian waters 5,000km away without surfacing or snorkeling and nigerian super spy satellites and the powerful ATR-42 Surveyor aircraft master of the ocean will see your submarines coming, then NNS ARADU withdraws into safe harbour sourrounded by anti-submarine and anti-frogmen nets and mines.

the submarines need to be exposed to surface in nigerian waters to give them range, and they will be sunk by NAF Alpha jets and L-39 Albatross jets, or even Mi-35 nd Mi-171 terminator helicopter gunships, as the submarine sails in that vulnerable mode.

south african navy submarines have NO capacity to remain in nigerian waters for more than one single day (and that is if they ever reach nigerian EEZ ocean territory alive without being sunk by NAF aircraft rockets) and mount a naval blockade without running out of diesel/fuel or being sunk from the air by jets or helicopters.

south african Type 209 submarins have a serious technical weakness, they CANNOT hide submerged underwater for more than 50 hours and must be at very slow snail speed of 7 km/hr in nigerian waters for their maximum time of those 50 hours, or else they run out of fuel/diesel, and become stranded and get sunk in nigerian waters.

they CANNOT mount a naval blockade 5,000 km away from home. FACT !!!!

What is range of those jets? Could easly sail the bulk of the journy on the surfac in a convouy. RAS then opater submerged in hostil warters.

Concidring we sailed a submarein with out a escort to south amerca I do not see how nigiera is a chalnge.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Mike..ZA:

Your ship will need escort ships to escort it to SA against threats posed by submarines,meaning without any frigate protecting Nigeria's water a group of special forces can attack your armament ports.

Your ship can only transport 540 troops,whom will need another supply ship carrying munitions,water,food and fuel trucks 3. Nigerian artillery will be useless cause there will be no air strips for your drones to fly from.

Nigeria won't come guns blazing,with 5 T-55 tanks which the SANDF uses as training shooting targets.

Your ship will have to stop at some port making it a nice target for the Umbabi PGM

one NNS Aradu, two NNS Thunder I and II (second NNS Thunder sister ships is joining our navy next year 2014), two ultra-modern Type 056 Stealth warships will escort NNS AMBE landing ship to invade south africa. that is one of the most powerful escort force you can get in Africa.

two NATO standard nigerian air force ATR-42 Surveyor maritime patrol aircraft and 50 jet fighters plus 400 patrol boats, 660 coastal artillery, two La Combattante warships NNS ANYAM and NNS SIRI armed with Exocet M38 anti-ship missiles are enough to keep away threat at home nigeria.

south african navy will be too busy at home facing a deadly nigerian navy fleet and will not risk travelling 5,000 km away to nigeria in a counter attack that will expose them to sinking by nigerian air force jets and coastal artillery.

any south african special forces troop will meet their sudden death from nigerian navy special forces, nigerian army amphibious forces and nigerian navy massive force of 400 sophisticated in-shore and mid-shore fast patrol gun boats in the first group photo below. you think Nigeria is equal to Botswana ?

second solo photo below is NNS AMBE landing ship of nigerian navy with its flat frontal landing ramp for armoured vehicles and artillery to land.

540 troops on NNS Ambe, no, we will about 3,000 troops on ordinary troop transport ships like we did in sierra leone war.

NNS Ambe is not limited to the weapons list on global security website i posted to educate you since you never even knew NNS Ambe exists.

we can put only Cobra/VBL armed with swingfire anti-tank missile or BTR-3U on NNS Ambe, why should we use an old T-55 Tank when we have modern armoured vehicles that can launch anti-tank weapons ? we can even put in Sagaie wheeled IFV with 90mm guns.

i wont tell you now how many intelligent weapons mix we can do on NNS Ambe. you just think like a kid grin

NNS Ambe has range of 10,000km enough to sail from nigeria to south africa and return back to nigeria without refuelling. use your head well.

NNS AMBE DATA

Displacement: 1190t standard, 1470t full, 1590t design limit Dimensions: 285’4”x45’9”x7’5” Machinery: Diesel-reduction: 2 MTU 16V956-TB92 diesels, 4 shafts Max speed: 17kts

Range: 4900NM @ 10kts loaded (about 10,000 km range).

no south african air force jet or helicopter will ever dare to fly when nigeria's NNS ARADU is threatening your homeland with Aspide Beyond Visual Range anti-aircraft missiles of 75km range. get it ? grin

the aim of an invasion is not to win but to shake south africa to its foundations with the fireballs of war on your homeland soil !

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:10am On Dec 14, 2013
agaugust:

[size=16pt]
weakness of South African Rooivalk helicopter gunship revealed[/size]

over-rated DENEL Rooivalk helicopter gunship has NO RADAR ! it finds and attacks ground targets only by eye sight, aided by some equipment.

this proves that the south african made half-french helicopter is NOT the best in the world as claimed by the usually fraudulent south africans.

American Apache Long Bow with its Radar for attack and fire control remains the world's best combat helicopter.

this means that even with a long range air to ground missile, the Rooivalk pilot needs to physically find and confirm the target on ground before depending on the electro-optical aid for firing weapons. thus, finding target by sight forces the helicopter to fly close to the target and become exposed to enemy anti-aircraft defences. this is a major weakness of the over-rated Rooivalk helicopter gunship.

my next 1 or 2 posts after this will show how a nigerian anti-aircraft defences will easily tear south africa's 11 rooivalk helicopters into pieces grin

and the lack of radar is a problem how? most attack choppers do not carry them and i have stated befor it is the only thing the apachy has on the rooivalk

no it does not, why does the piloit need to find any thing. when the mokape was being test from the rooivalk the used a ground team to lase the target and the rooival fierd in a lock on after launch mode. and if a apachy had to fly arround with it's radar on it would be shouting here i am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.