Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,782 members, 7,972,811 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:46 PM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23956 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^Good point Gidtruth!

As Christians, we are REQUIRED to server GOD only and not man no matter what title he goes by. In these parts, when someone "falls" even in the circular world, even the charities return his contributions because they want no part of that man/woman but not in Nigeria where everyone becomes a lawyer all of a sudden.

God help us all in our journey but it would help a lot of us to remember that all men a liars but God is not and never will be.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Gidtruth: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
Lord_Reed:

Alot of u here have relatives, friends n associates in government positions n so on who give u money n favours how many of u reject them? Please!

If the level of purity and morality of the church has now sunk to the level that they are now comparable with corrupt government official, policemen etc. then what right do they have to pontificate to me or the society on right living or remotely even salvation? How can the church stand as the harbinger of truth and purity we are meant to look up to but continue to frolic with people who cause us pain and losses?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
There are serious errors in this thread.

1. Akingbola did not steal public money, he gave out loans to corporation in need of it and those debts went bad. It happens all over the world. 140 banks have failed in USA this year alone from bad debt.

2. It's not the duty of the pastor to ask Akingbola if the money he gave to church is stolen. Akingbola already has money to own a bank so it does not follow that a gift he gave to church could have been from illegal deal of any sort.

3. Christ did not receive any gift from Zachaeus as someone above rightly said, but Zach also never offered any gift. Ok? Zach is a notorious tax master who repented before the Master and promised to return whatever he took illegally, Jesus didn't force him to confess and return it.

4. Seeing that Muslims are also here to sling mud all over the place, I'll ask them one thing, IBB and the likes stole Naija money and built mosques, have Muslims abandoned those mosques for them?

5. Dangote owes more money to these banks than any other living human being in Nigeria (with a total debt of almost N200 billion), would the Imam or the Muslim community ask him to pay his debt before making any donation in the course of Islamic propagation?

Let's ask reason.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
Gidtruth:

This is all too funny a thread
For al Daddy GO/RCCG defenders, how many of you will hear over the radio that a teaspoonful of contaminant was feared (not confirmed) added to Iju water works reservoir and investigation and water analysis experts have being called to ascertain the type and level of contamination, quantity if any in the public water supply.

Now how many of you will take more water from tap to drink or even to bathe or wash plates? how many of you will not empty all the water you have in the refrigerator or stored in kegs or drums?

How many will continue to drink the water while waiting for the results of the water analysis?
How many will continue to feel confident and walk with swagger in an all-white robe with a red blot on the chest?

So a life threatening issue is now the same as making claims against a man with no time dependent urgency?

Talk about sensationalist analogies - this takes the cake.

That is the principle and philosophy that is lost on many bread and butter Xtians who have posted in this thread. They find it difficult to imagine letting go of money simply b'cos it has exchanged hands.

That is your own imagination - the thread asks a very DIRECT question. Should LOOTED OFFERING be returned?

To 'return' something, it must be identified and quantified. That is a matter to do for the authorities to determine, not RCCG - it is as simple as that.

It is really unfortunate some have suggested that the church wait for a conviction in the Akingbola circumstances before taking a bold step. In other climes merely accusing a goverment official of impropriety is enough to make him resign while investigations are on-going, but in Nigera they will even rent a crowd to protest their immenet dismissal (Iwu). It is a cultural problem and it seems membership of a church has woefully failed to transform our character

If resignation is the matter at hand, has Akingbola not ceased to be an RCCG pastor?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
debosky:

So a life threatening issue is now the same as making claims against a man with no time dependent urgency?

Talk about sensationalist analogies - this takes the cake.

That is your own imagination - the thread asks a very DIRECT question. Should LOOTED OFFERING be returned?

To 'return' something, it must be identified and quantified. That is a matter to do for the authorities to determine, not RCCG - it is as simple as that.

If resignation is the matter at hand, has Akingbola not ceased to be an RCCG pastor?

Why did he resign or why was he forced to resign?

I don't have any need to defend the indefensible, CBN don't take over banks if their books were in order do they? To the guy who mentioned 140 banks going out of business in the US this year alone I will say put the pipe down because that's false information.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
debosky:

Do you understand English?

I said it has not been proven that corruption is the cause of the fall in value of his investment. How have I brought sentiments into this?

I don't know which 'efficient' banks you are talking about, but if such a bank is on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the value of such an investment is much lower than the peak in 2008. So unless all the banks have been corrupt, the rapid decline in the financial markets is the dominant cause of the reduction in value of investments.
No, it ''has not been proven'' it was corruption. Infact I put it to you it's ''bad bele'' and ''demons'' that has caused the drastic fall in price of intercontinental bank share value since the $4bn CBN banking bail out. Akingbla's corruption had nothing to do with it. What a joker
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by MackDealer: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
Gidtruth:

Yup you're right, this is definitely a very silly question. I invested 165,000 naira in 2006 and that same amount is worth less than 20,000 naira today thanks to the financial wizardry of Erastus Akingbola. And he ended up with multiple mansions in VI/Ikoyi and the bank business in which he sweet-talked me to invest ran up huge debts and losses.

Go figure!

I invested 500k in companies like AIICO,  CILEASING and the money is now worth about 100K, I guess Akingbola stole that too and part of that 400K I lost must have been donated to RCCG abi?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
Tudór:

No, it ''has not been proven'' it was corruption. Infact I put it to you it's ''bad bele'' and ''demons'' that has caused the drastic fall in price of intercontinental bank share value since the $4bn CBN banking bail out. Akingbla's corruption had nothing to do with it. What a joker

Go and ask why the UK government owns 85% of RBS and 60% of Lloyds yet their CEOs aren't being brandished as fraudsters. Is Akingbola responsible for that as well?

ogajim:

Go ask RCCG.

I don't have any need to defend the indefensible, CBN don't take over banks if their books were in order do they? To the guy who mentioned 140 banks going out of business in the US this year alone I will say put the pipe down because that's false information.

The UK government took over RBS and Lloyds and Northern Rock - kindly advise on the corrupt CEOs that have been proven to be behind their fall in prices.

No one is defending the indefensible - let's establish the facts of a matter before jumping to conclusions. That is all I ask - let those in charge establish the facts and then we move on - anything else is speculation.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
debosky:

Go and ask why the UK government owns 85% of RBS and 60% of Lloyds yet their CEOs aren't being brandished as fraudsters. Is Akingbola responsible for that as well?

Yea, I wonder why lloyd's CEO isn't in exile running from the law like a criminal.

I repeat, ''demons'' where responsible for intercontinental's downfall. Joker
MackDealer:

I invested 500k in companies like AIICO,  CILEASING and the money is now worth about 100K, I guess Akingbola stole that too and part of that 400K I lost must have been donated to RCCG abi?
sheer stupidity and lame strawman argument. Was Akingbola the CEO of AIICO? By all means go hold the CEO in AIICO who made bad business decisions responsible as the fellow here has done with intercontinental bank.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by MackDealer: 12:37am On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

I repeat, ''demons'' where responsible for intercontinental's downfall. Jokersheer stupidity and lame strawman argument. Was Akingbola the CEO of AIICO? By all means go hold the CEO in AIICO who made bad business decisions responsible as the fellow here has done with intercontinental bank.

lord Tudor, Ms Smarty pants, maybe if you can see beyond your nose and think a little b4 you start responding you might be able to make sensible comments. Go back and read the reason for my comment.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2010
jossy r:

nearly50% of donations made in churches nowadays are stolen.so there is no point asking RCCG to return the money.how will they seperate it 4rm the general offering?THE MONEY BELONGS TO GOD STOLEN ( shocked) OR NOT.

and i guess your bible states that God exists in churches and is represented by scam masters masquerading as pastors to their gullible, non-bible reading followers- right

debosky:

How would this realisation come about? By the government or courts pronouncing the money as looted.

You can't place the cart before the horse - determination of loot must be established prior to recovery.

If you don't know what is stolen, how can you recover it?

EFCC seizure of AkingbOLE's property is not "government. . . pronounciing the money looted" or is it?
logically, Christ should have told Zaccheus, you know since you have not been pronounced fraudulent and no court has proven your loot, you don't have to restitute to the poor and others shocked
why did adeboye not wait for this cherished pronouncement of yours before sacking AkingbOLE or accepting his resignation?
to those who are in doubt that adeboye and his likes are not serving God, the father of Christ they can meditate on [url=http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=matthew+7%3A+15-23&ver=kjv]Matthew 7:15-23[/url]

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

it becomes clearer every day by comparing their acts and words to the standard established by Christ that adeboye and his pack of ravening wolves in sheep clothing are only concerned with mammon and not God.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2010
Yup you're right, this is definitely a very silly question. I invested 165,000 naira in 2006 and that same amount is worth less than 20,000 naira today thanks to the financial wizardry of Erastus Akingbola. And he ended up with multiple mansions in VI/Ikoyi and the bank business in which he sweet-talked me to invest ran up huge debts and losses.

Go figure!

oh oh

this argument has degenerated to this level?

do you know when Intercontinental started business? do you know Akingbola has been running it from the word GO!
do you know how many people made tons of cash investing in Intercontinental?

and to blame Akingbola for your stupidy is crazy
lemme educate you, if i invested 160k in Intercontinental in 2006 like you stated, ill probably have taken away more than 500k by 2008

Learn to be smart with money and dont blame everybody for your ignorance
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2010
ogajim:

You make too many mistakes at once. Savanna bank was taken over by CBN and for many years the legal battle raged. In the end it was found that CBN played politics with Savanna bank. Do you know that Vanguard newspaper reported 2 months before the sack of Akingbola & co that there was a plot to take over 5 top banks in Nigeria?
As for the 140 US banks you picked out from my post above, I want to ask if you didn't see any other thing in my writing there except the figure? To give you full and final detail I have to make you a research student so that you don't argue what you don't know next time. Instead of giving you direct FDIC url to the full list of failed banks I'll let you get it by yourself, go here if you may: http://fdic.gov/
Enjoy and come back with more comments.
Concerning Akingbola's resignation from the pastorate of RCCG I think he should be commended. He didn't want to get the church mixed up with his ordeal. If he sinned, then he sinned alone without the church and if he is innocent it won't be said that the church pressed buttons for their member. I'm not a member of RCCG and don't plan to become one, but I see a lot of good in what he did.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2010
Very soon I'll say it's Akingbola that destroyed my AP shares,
or that the AIG I bought and held since 1999 was swallowed by
one pastor Erastus. This would make a good poem grin

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ogajim(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
precap2:

You make too many mistakes at once. Savanna bank was taken over by CBN and for many years the legal battle raged. In the end it was found that CBN played politics with Savanna bank. Do you know that Vanguard newspaper reported 2 months before the sack of Akingbola & co that there was a plot to take over 5 top banks in Nigeria?
As for the 140 US banks you picked out from my post above, I want to ask if you didn't see any other thing in my writing there except the figure? To give you full and final detail I have to make you a research student so that you don't argue what you don't know next time. Instead of giving you direct FDIC url to the full list of failed banks I'll let you get it by yourself, go here if you may: http://fdic.gov/
Enjoy and come back with more comments.
Concerning Akingbola's resignation from the pastorate of RCCG I think he should be commended. He didn't want to get the church mixed up with his ordeal. If he sinned, then he sinned alone without the church and if he is innocent it won't be said that the church pressed buttons for their member. I'm not a member of RCCG and don't plan to become one, but I see a lot of good in what he did.

Holla!

Precap/postcap:

You are WRONG about your claim that "140 banks have failed in the US this year", I don't need your url, I can walk down to their HQ and look it up if I need to, go back to study hall and check your facts again.

Now Akingbola's problems are political with hunting right? Just because the Vanguard made a report to that effect, you Nigerians never fail to amaze me with your acrobatic skills and we see where it has led the country! Dude went to hide in the UK because he was innocent I presume, Mrs. Ibru must be innocent too with those transactions she made on behalf of Oceanic bank. She must need the houses she bought over here too since they do business here too right? Nigerians and their " baba alaye worship"

I am not surprised, same way they treated Abiola just because he was considered "rich" no matter where the money came from, USA is a continent in terms of size so if you are going to use "Community bank figures", you might as well compile all the banks that have failed in Africa so far this year, show me too while you're at it which of those failed US banks was national in stature.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
tkb417:

oh oh

this argument has degenerated to this level?

do you know when Intercontinental started business? do you know Akingbola has been running it from the word GO!
do you know how many people made tons of cash investing in Intercontinental?

and to blame Akingbola for your stupidy is crazy
lemme educate you, if i invested 160k in Intercontinental in 2006 like you stated, ill probably have taken away more than 500k by 2008

Learn to be smart with money and dont blame everybody for your ignorance

ah ok, how EXACTLY was the poster ''stupiid''??

Oh, so you do agree investing with a useless, incompetent, hypocritic pastor embezzler like Akingbola who gives a portion of his loot to G.O Adeboye is ''stupidity'', ''not smart'' and ''ignorance''??
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
ogajim:

Precap/postcap:

Calling me names won't do any good. Just take to my points.

ogajim:

I don't need your url, I can walk down to their HQ and look it up if I need to

You can't, you are only encouraged to get such details from their website and stop disturbing busy staff.

ogajim:

Just because the Vanguard made a report to that effect, you Nigerians never fail to amaze me with your acrobatic skills

Yes, because Vanguard reported it and finally it's happening. You don't visit home often. I think you need to visit home more often now to understand the spirit of our people. I read Vanguard, Sunnewsonline, Huhuonline everyday and get the goings on in town and I'm often around to feel what's happening also. Our people are full of this kind of politics. I mentioned Savanna bank just as example and you never answered to it. Do you always like tangential argument? Do you know that Nuhu Ribadu went on exile when he was being pursued by the police and Fed Govt? The same Ribadu is now found sinless by the same police and Fed Govt. Our people have inordinate desires and have the queerest ways of satisfying them.

ogajim:

USA is a continent in terms of size so if you are going to use "Community bank figures", you might as well compile all the banks that have failed in Africa so far this year, show me too while you're at it which of those failed US banks was national in stature.

You made some funny contradiction here. US is a large as a continent. Accepted. Banks are mostly community banks and not National banks. Accepted again. But you mixed it up a little here:> Nigeria is like a state in US and therefore the banks that failed in Nigeria are like community banks because they don't have representation in the entire Africa. Compared to the balance sheet of the failed US banks our Naija banks were like baby banks and not up to community banks. And don't forget that those US banks failed from the loans they gave out to customers while these Naija banks have not really failed but have over-burdening bad debts.

Nigeria is good my brother, though the quality of leadership has not been impressive. But all countries pass through this phase anyhow.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
MackDealer:

lord Tudor, Ms Smarty pants, maybe if you can see beyond your nose and think a little b4 you start responding you might be able to make sensible comments. Go back and read the reason for my comment.
No offense but your comment is totally stupiid and under no circumstance will it hold any reason. Akingbola was never CEO OF AIICO or whatever so there was no basis for your tactless remark.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

No offense but your comment is totally stupiid and under no circumstance will it hold any reason. Akingbola was never CEO OF AIICO or whatever so there was no basis for your tactless remark.

You didn't understand the guy's/gal's comment. Go back and reread it slowly grin

Tudór:

ah ok, how EXACTLY was the poster ''stupiid''??

Oh, so you do agree investing with a useless, incompetent, hypocritic pastor embezzler like Akingbola who gives a portion of his loot to G.O Adeboye is ''stupidity'', ''not smart'' and ''ignorance''??

I think you attack without understanding it. The guy whose comment was being replied to was stating his ordeal at buying Intercontinental shares which he claimed were depreciating. Buying ICB shares does not translate to investing with Akingbola. And the reply was that he should have taken his profit out in 2008 if he had better financial wisdom. Simple.
However, I know your position concerning Christians. I have read many things posted by you, only try to understand before you reply.

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by MackDealer: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

Madam Tudor, I know you really like people to think you are smart and thats ok, but I think you should take a little bit of time to read through and understand the reason behind a comment before throwing around words like stupid. So let me explain the reason for my comments to you maybe this time you will get it.

I asked a question if there is anybody in this forum who has lost money (deposit of any type not money you invested in shares) in Intercontinental and have not been able to collect, somebody now responded that he invested money in 2006 that is worth way less than that today and I was pointing out that his investment thing was not just because of Akingbola stealing money but a market wide thing, AIICO, AP, Mobil, Chervon stocks are all down significantly so is this because Akingbola and Ibru stole money or maybe it's also because all these CEOs were making bad decisions too like you suggested?

And it's so funny how you simply can not make your point without calling people names and yet you are the Mrs Perfect thats is always quick to condemn others.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ u get time

Tudor only wanna argue

he doesnt think
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2010
MackDealer:

Madam Tudor, I know you really like people to think you are smart and thats ok, but I think you should take a little bit of time to read through and understand the reason behind a comment before throwing around words like silly. So let me explain the reason for my comments to you maybe this time you will get it.

I asked a question if there is anybody in this forum who has lost money (deposit of any type not money you invested in shares) in Intercontinental and have not been able to collect, somebody now responded that he invested money in 2006 that is worth way less than that today and I was pointing out that his investment thing was not just because of Akingbola stealing money but a market wide thing, AIICO, AP, Mobil, Chervon stocks are all down significantly so is this because Akingbola and Ibru stole money or maybe it's also because all these CEOs were making bad decisions too like you suggested?

And it's so funny how you simply can not make your point without calling people names and yet you are the Mrs Perfect thats is always quick to condemn others.
Sorry I never called you names and its quite unfortunate that you think so.

I called your comment stupiid and frankly I stand by it.

Akingbola was never CEO of AIICO,AP or CHEVRON. Also, AIICO, AP or CHEVRON where never bailed out using taxpayers money due to the corrupt and unethical practices of the CEO as regards running the business.

So, shouldnt any comparism and akingbola name dropping as regards AP, AIICO be rightly labelled ''stupiid''
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2010
precap2:

You didn't understand the guy's/gal's comment. Go back and reread it slowly grin

I think you attack without understanding it. The guy whose comment was being replied to was stating his ordeal at buying Intercontinental shares which he claimed were depreciating. Buying ICB shares does not translate to investing with Akingbola. And the reply was that he should have taken his profit out in 2008 if he had better financial wisdom. Simple.
However, I know your position concerning Christians. I have read many things posted by you, only try to understand before you reply.

Holla!

1.frankly You are talking rubbish

2. Investing in ICB IS investing with Akingbola. I remember the prospectus where his qualities and records where greatly extolled. He is CEO and his is to manage and protect shareholders investments. That is his job description. (we all know how he messed that up)

3. On what basis would it had been ''better financial wisdom'' for the investor to have taken out his money in 2008??

Was there some kind of magical indicator that suggested in 2008 that NOW is the best time to cash in or are you people labelling it ''financial wisdom'' based on the benefit of hindsight

If its the latter then I strongly suggest you all go back to school and learn the basics of business and investment which is plough back profit or re-invest your profits. Shame
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by MackDealer: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

Sorry I never called you names and its quite unfortunate that you think so.

I called your comment stupiid and frankly I stand by it.

Akingbola was never CEO of AIICO,AP or CHEVRON. Also, AIICO, AP or CHEVRON where never bailed out using taxpayers money due to the corrupt and unethical practices of the CEO as regards running the business.

So, shouldnt any comparism and akingbola name dropping as regards AP, AIICO be rightly labelled ''stupiid''

Tudor! Tudor!! Tudor!!! - You just have to be right abi, you know what I will let you decide on what is stupid on not, since you are too intelligent to understand my comments.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by oisehumen(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
What exactly is Tudor up to here?
I seem not to understand her stance on this topic.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

1.frankly You are talking rubbish

2. Investing in ICB IS investing with Akingbola. I remember the prospectus where his qualities and records where greatly extolled. He is CEO and his is to manage and protect shareholders investments. That is his job description. (we all know how he messed that up)

3. On what basis would it had been ''better financial wisdom'' for the investor to have taken out his money in 2008??

Was there some kind of magical indicator that suggested in 2008 that NOW is the best time to cash in or are you people labelling it ''financial wisdom'' based on the benefit of hindsight

If its the latter then I strongly suggest you all go back to school and learn the basics of business and investment which is plough back profit or re-invest your profits. Shame

You know next to nothing about investing baby. And you must make haste to admit it before your embarrassment over-weigh you.
It might interest you to know that my business is 100% investing. I'm into stocks, hedge, forex, government bonds, commodities- metals, with special knowledge of US stocks. Call me at any minute and ask what the current price of S&P 500 or Dow industrial is and I'll give you some history.
When Intercontinental appreciated by more than 100% in 2008, the investor should have divested himself of 50% of his holding unless he's holding it for the future (in which case he's at no loss, but hopes to collect dividend). If he's interested in the market value of the stock, then he should have sold in 2008, but if he's interested in the value of the corporation, then he should not complain about the market value because he's investing for the future. Ok?

As for investing into Akingbola's hand by investing in the bank and all that, you don't seem to know much about how corporate bodies work. Let me give you a little insight. There was rumor about Microsoft taking over other OS like Solaris, etc, and people rushed to buy MS shares because it means profitable monopoly. MS shares rose from $63.21 to $118.60 in less than 72 hours. Some people still bought it at that peak price before reason prevailed and the price plunged, went down to $71 and could not go higher for several months. Those who bought the share at $118.60 should blame Messrs William Gates and Steve Balmer's managerial incompetence and all? Most Nigerian banks entered the market over-priced. I also follow the history of stocks in Naija with keen interest as I still have a few useless stocks here and there.

Now I must advice you fine-tune your vocabulary. It has too much of unwanted elements, and that's too bad for a lady grin

Holla!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
precap2:

You know next to nothing about investing baby. And you must make haste to admit it before your embarrassment over-weigh you.
It might interest you to know that my business is 100% investing. I'm into stocks, hedge, forex, government bonds, commodities- metals, with special knowledge of US stocks. Call me at any minute and ask what the current price of S&P 500 or Dow industrial is and I'll give you some history.
When Intercontinental appreciated by more than 100% in 2008, the investor should have divested himself of 50% of his holding unless he's holding it for the future (in which case he's at no loss, but hopes to collect dividend). If he's interested in the market value of the stock, then he should have sold in 2008, but if he's interested in the value of the corporation, then he should not complain about the market value because he's investing for the future. Ok?
Makes no sense to me. If the investor had refused to divest and re-invested his profit and in 2010 his investments are worth 2,000% wouldnt you be the same fellow hailing his ''financial wisdom'' and labelling those who divested as taking an ''unwise'' and ''ignorant'' decision?

No matter how you people try to deceive yourselves therz no set science in stock markets. Its all about gambling and hoping fat thieving CEO's like akingbola manage your investments well. The financial world is full of fat lazy pundits who sit back with the benefit of hindsight and bellow out judgements.

If A is the situation today they claim you should have done B three years ago, if B is the case today they claim you should have done A three years ago. Crazy

As for investing into Akingbola's hand by investing in the bank and all that, you don't seem to know much about how corporate bodies work. Let me give you a little insight. There was rumor about Microsoft taking over other OS like Solaris, etc, and people rushed to buy MS shares because it means profitable monopoly. MS shares rose from $63.21 to $118.60 in less than 72 hours. Some people still bought it at that peak price before reason prevailed and the price plunged, went down to $71 and could not go higher for several months. Those who bought the share at $118.60 should blame Messrs William Gates and Steve Balmer's managerial incompetence and all? Most Nigerian banks entered the market over-priced. I also follow the history of stocks in Naija with keen interest as I still have a few useless stocks here and there.

Now I must advice you fine-tune your vocabulary. It has too much of unwanted elements, and that's too bad for a lady grin

Holla!
What is this? Rubbish in my opinion.
Here is what you said.
precap2:

Buying ICB shares does not translate to investing with Akingbola.
Unless you can prove to me IT IS NOT the CEO's job to manage and protect shareholders funds as you are clearly stating in the quote above all other asides are just rant.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
Akingbola was never CEO of AIICO,AP or CHEVRON. Also, AIICO, AP or CHEVRON where never bailed out using taxpayers money due to the corrupt and unethical practices of the CEO as regards running the business
bailed out using tax payers money?

and so? did they tell you the money would not be repaid?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
tkb417:

bailed out using tax payers money?

and so? did they tell you the money would not be repaid?

Shut up. Repaid after how many years? How much returns
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

Shut up. Repaid after how many years? How much returns
dumbo

Its CBN that is giving the lifeline not a private organisayion - They are called a regulatory body and thats one of their statutory responsibilities

taxpayers money is being sent on good errands

rat- do you think Govt use tax payers money to make money?

what school did you go to u slowpoke grin grin grin
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
tkb417:

dumbo

Its CBN that is giving the lifeline not a private organisayion - They are called a regulatory body and thats one of their statutory responsibilities

taxpayers money is being sent on good errands
What foolish errands?
To bail out banks ruined by crooked pastors?? Is that what we pay tax for?

rat- do you think Govt use tax payers money to make money?

what school did you go to u slowpoke grin grin grin
What a joke.
Government dont make investments ?
Maybe what you typed is a mistake.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by precap2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

Makes no sense to me. If the investor had refused to divest and re-invested his profit and in 2010 his investments are worth 2,000% wouldnt you be the same fellow hailing his ''financial wisdom'' and labelling those who divested as taking an ''unwise'' and ''ignorant'' decision?

No matter how you people try to deceive yourselves therz no set science in stock markets. Its all about gambling and hoping fat thieving CEO's like akingbola manage your investments well. The financial world is full of fat lazy pundits who sit back with the benefit of hindsight and bellow out judgements.

What you don't know might be killing you grin
There is an art of investing, it's hardly a science baby. A wise investor would have in 2008 divested himself of 50% of his holding to recover his full investment and the rest run as free call so that if trouble happens in the market, he'll be at no risk
Investing is no gambling but if you look at it from a novice point of view or from a half-hearted investor point of view, it looks like Asyrian magic. I decide to post a simple market chart to you that I just snapped now, if you're an investor you'd know what to do immediately.

Holla!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor / Muhammed Teachings About Shaitan (Satan). . .Just Too Hilarious! / Lucifer Is Behind Big Brother Naija Voice - Mummy GO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.