Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,389 members, 7,913,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:24 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9866 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 3:23am On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Sure! In the time it took u to put up your usual, vile, Ibo comments, u coulda scoured Google and came up with (at least) a "half-answer" on what u know of the Hadith! Monkey! I despise pretentious individuals with a passion! If u dont know something, seek knowledge, read, ask questions instead of relying on tales told by your bitter parents under the Biafran Moonlight!

Now, your assignment for the day:

1. Find out "What is the Hadith?".

2. How was it compiled?

3. Who were its Authors?

Goodluck, Gorilla! You have 20 minutes!

Obviously i know what it is but i dont have to answer to you woman .try to stop turning-on your mom's boyfriend,she'll respect you more.
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:42am On Sep 23, 2010
Yep, 10.37pm (EST). I guessed as much! Coming on here faking like he knew what he was yapping about! Hadith indeed! Bush Ibo folks! Never reading, always on some: "My Uncle Uche, him talk dat. . . . . ". Learn, Monkeys, learn. . . . fools! angry

Fuxck u Chyz!
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:44am On Sep 23, 2010
chyz:

Obviously i know what it is but i dont have to answer to you woman to.

Man, shut the hell up! You couldnt give an answer to save ur miserable life! Still trying to fake the funk! lol.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 3:46am On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Man, shut the hell up! You couldnt give an answer to save your miserable life! Still trying to fake the funk! lol.

Good.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2010
Easy guys
Re: Can The North Secede? by Judeylive(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
Clearly, only few people here really know what they are talking about. Very few! Secession is a very delicate and trivia issue, and it should be treated as such. Some people might see Ojukwu as an hero today, but that's because they weren't alive when the war was going on, or they didn't get stumped in life because their parent were no more to take care of them emotionally and educationally! Yeah, no doubt, the northerners were killing Ibos, and the foolish northern head of state didn't do anything about it, but Ojukwu didn't reason ahead, he didn't pause for a moment to think about the possibility of the failure of his actions. He even ran abroad during the war, and would probably have muttered to himself; 'Foolish people keep killing each other' while sipping a cup of hot coffee! What is the outcome of the war he caused? Political segregation of the Igbos and South East and South-South at large! Enmity! Mistrust! Exactly what is happening right now in this forum!
For the people championing that North could, and won't secede, why is North clinging desperately on Nigeria, why did they fought the civil war with their lives?
While you guys are busy lashing out at each other, maybe you should take sometimes to reflect, The United States of A that we know today is not made of only one tribe. Matter of fact, the land currently known as USA is owned by the red Indians. My point is: It doesn't matter how many tribe we have, or the land we occupies, we can still work/walk as one! We can still work together to make Nigeria a great nation. Divided, Biafra, The Norths, The Wests are just powerless small nation with no significance in the world. But unified as Nigeria, we are powerful and strong, and with proper leadership, we can bring the world to our feet.
But definitely not on the current system. Not on a system where we worry ourselves on rubbish things like 'zoning'. Where the Northerners can't bear the thought of losing their grip on power! If any zone should be screaming for zoning, it should be South East!
And Nigeria is where it is right now, a very poor and unstable country because of the northerners. Eat my shorts, if you will!! Nigeria gained independence almost 50 years ago. Out of the 50 years, how many times/years has the power been with the North? The zone that produced the likes of Abacha and IBB! (Do I need to say more?) The zone that is synonymous to religion conflicts (like they know anything about the Q'uran or the Hadith. Nowhere in the Quran was it stated that you should kill your fellow men/women because of Him (Allah), not to talk of any other things.)
I'm sure you guys have heard of 'boko haram'! Western education is a sin? Can you imagine such profanity? But the illiteracy, that is bringing their overly barbarism out isn't a sin? I don't even want to make a comment about that. The North has caused more harm than good to Nigeria.
But yet, 'secession' isn't the answer! And deliberating about it here, more like fighting and exchanging abuses here surely isn't the way either!
Re: Can The North Secede? by jason12345: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2010
Judeylive:

Clearly, only few people here really know what they are talking about. Very few! Secession is a very delicate and trivia issue, and it should be treated as such. Some people might see Ojukwu as an hero today, but that's because they weren't alive when the war was going on, or they didn't get stumped in life because their parent were no more to take care of them emotionally and educationally! Yeah, no doubt, the northerners were killing Ibos, and the foolish northern head of state didn't do anything about it, but Ojukwu didn't reason ahead, he didn't pause for a moment to think about the possibility of the failure of his actions. He even ran abroad during the war, and would probably have muttered to himself; 'Foolish people keep killing each other' while sipping a cup of hot coffee! What is the outcome of the war he caused? Political segregation of the Igbos and South East and South-South at large! Enmity! Mistrust! Exactly what is happening right now in this forum!
For the people championing that North could, and won't secede, why is North clinging desperately on Nigeria, why did they fought the civil war with their lives?
While you guys are busy lashing out at each other, maybe you should take sometimes to reflect, The United States of A that we know today is not made of only one tribe. Matter of fact, the land currently known as USA is owned by the red Indians. My point is: It doesn't matter how many tribe we have, or the land we occupies, we can still work/walk as one! We can still work together to make Nigeria a great nation. Divided, Biafra, The Norths, The Wests are just powerless small nation with no significance in the world. But unified as Nigeria, we are powerful and strong, and with proper leadership, we can bring the world to our feet.
But definitely not on the current system. Not on a system where we worry ourselves on rubbish things like 'zoning'. Where the Northerners can't bear the thought of losing their grip on power! If any zone should be screaming for zoning, it should be South East!
And Nigeria is where it is right now, a very poor and unstable country because of the northerners. Eat my shorts, if you will!! Nigeria gained independence almost 50 years ago. Out of the 50 years, how many times/years has the power been with the North? The zone that produced the likes of Abacha and IBB! (Do I need to say more?) The zone that is synonymous to religion conflicts (like they know anything about the Q'uran or the Hadith. Nowhere in the Quran was it stated that you should kill your fellow men/women because of Him (Allah), not to talk of any other things.)
I'm sure you guys have heard of 'boko haram'! Western education is a sin? Can you imagine such profanity? But the illiteracy, that is bringing their overly barbarism out isn't a sin? I don't even want to make a comment about that. The North has caused more harm than good to Nigeria.
But yet, 'secession' isn't the answer! And deliberating about it here, more like fighting and exchanging abuses here surely isn't the way either!

another good analysis, good one
Re: Can The North Secede? by macjive01: 5:45am On Sep 27, 2010
i dont like to talk about this but i guess i should correct a misconception most Nigerian have espeacially Yoruba have about South East, seceding and being landlock.

Firstly, if Nigeria was to ever disintegrate southeast can never be a state, rather at worst case scenario ( assuming other allies and sister cultures, ibibios and effik in particular doesn't join us) Ibo's would form a state based on tribe.
This state won't be made up of only the SE states rather the SE state plus other Ibo villages and clans in Delta (9 LGA), rivers, akwaibom, crossriver, benue and kogi.

in Rivers state , ikwerre are ibos, opobo are ibos, bonny are ibos plus lots of smaller clans in rivers state alone. bonny and opobo are in international water hence the new igbo state would have facilities and avenue for deep water ports.

Also, the river Niger flows through the eastern state. All it would needs it to be dredged and widen to accommodate large shipper vessels ( the Suez canal accounts for 70% of all goods shipped to Europe from the far east and generates 30% of Egypt's GDP. the Suez is man-made, let alone when a river exists.

Finally, if there is to be a division do you think any Ibo man would forfeit colossal swat of land accede to crossriver alone, then benue and even akwa ibom.
mehn, it would be nasty, but Ibo's would definitely be fine.

what then happens to Lagos and Abuja? who keeps Lagos ? Yorubas ? i laff .
the best that could and would happen would be the Jerusalem scenario, if you know what i mean.

i don't like this topics and though not becos of my perceived loss of Ibo brothers properties all over the country( tho that counts) but mostly for those minority in the North whom are mostly Christians but been overshadowed by the Muslim Hausa's. i fit swear in kaduna for instance Hausas no pass them minority in actual real people numbers, what will happen to them ? They will be slaughtered like chicken or forced to convert to allahkuba. then it becomes a zero sum game, or rather more interesting it could become a quadrant in the algebraic equation for these guys are like southern and revered the ibo man for his courage. so the question in that contest then becomes: what if they choose to join the Easterners?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Judeylive(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2010
MacJive, you are so disillusioned. You just mishmash several parallel ideas. Lemme just point one point clear for you. A country is a geographical land mass not defined by tribe. Do you know many Yoruba speaking people in Togo, or hausa peope in Chad? Are they Nigerians?
Re: Can The North Secede? by macjive01: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
judeylive what mks me disillusioned? in recent times Newer country have become mostly defined by a people with same or similar ideology, xter and culture.

eg 1: the basque pple in Spain are not only clamoring for a state in Spain but a state from northern Spain and southern France- this is where the basque people are located.

eg2: the Kurds in turkey, they are not only clamoring for a state in SE turkey but a state constituting of SE turkey, NE Iraq and NW Iran . do you get the drift?
eg3: kashmir, kashmir pple want a state not only from the India's but from Pakistan as well.
eg4: Fiji island : they did divide alone a people line( don't want to say tribe, people line is more accommodating ,of same/ similar ideas and culture)
eg4 Eritrea same alone a people line.
eg5 Catalonia's in Spain want a state along people of catalonia culture.
eg 6 wallonia in Belgium, still want a state along German speaking area.
eg 7 kosovo
eg8 transylvania
eg9
eg 10
i will stop here for now, the point being, that's the trend. and sincerely it makes things a lot easier. cos imagine if Ibo's secede without those in delta, mehn na everyday they Ibo's will and would be getting involved in the state of the other country where the delta Ibo are part of. same applies to ikwerre , those in benue and yes, even Kogi.
Re: Can The North Secede? by amazonia(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
In the event of a break-up of Nigeria. Say to two, North and South. The southern Muslims in the south, like the kwara, Northern Edo-state and hausa/Fulani's migrant Muslims will have the option to stay in the new secular
nation of the south. Or relocate to the sharia paradise of the new non-secular Islamic nation. Even, progressive,
enlightened Hausa's who want or like to contribute to the growth and development of the new southern nation will
be duly admitted. So the same options should be available to southerners in the north. There would be a minimum
displacements.
Re: Can The North Secede? by jason12345: 12:50am On Sep 28, 2010
macjive01:

i dont like to talk about this but i guess i should correct a misconception most Nigerian have espeacially Yoruba have about South East, seceding and being landlock.

Firstly, if Nigeria was to ever disintegrate southeast can never be a state, rather at worst case scenario ( assuming other allies and sister cultures, ibibios and effik in particular doesn't join us) Ibo's would form a state based on tribe.
This state won't be made up of only the SE states rather the SE state plus other Ibo villages and clans in Delta (9 LGA), rivers, akwaibom, crossriver, benue and kogi.

in Rivers state , ikwerre are ibos, opobo are ibos, bonny are ibos plus lots of smaller clans in rivers state alone. bonny and opobo are in international water hence the new igbo state would have facilities and avenue for deep water ports.

Also, the river Niger flows through the eastern state. All it would needs it to be dredged and widen to accommodate large shipper vessels ( the Suez canal accounts for 70% of all goods shipped to Europe from the far east and generates 30% of Egypt's GDP. the Suez is man-made, let alone when a river exists.

Finally, if there is to be a division do you think any Ibo man would forfeit colossal swat of land accede to crossriver alone, then benue and even akwa ibom.

the best that could and would happen would be the Jerusalem scenario, if you know what i mean.

i don't like this topics and though not becos of my perceived loss of Ibo brothers properties all over the country( tho that counts) but mostly for those minority in the North whom are mostly Christians but been overshadowed by the Muslim Hausa's. i fit swear in kaduna for instance Hausas no pass them minority in actual real people numbers, what will happen to them ? They will be slaughtered like chicken or forced to convert to allahkuba. then it becomes a zero sum game, or rather more interesting it could become a quadrant in the algebraic equation for these guys are like southern and revered the ibo man for his courage. so the question in that contest then becomes: what if they choose to join the Easterners?

HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO THE TOPIC??

Re: Can The North Secede? by jason12345: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2010
We so called 'southerners' are so proud!!! How can you want your fellow Nigerian (North) to secede If they do, i know their would be more development and progress in the North than the South. Fact! because pride comes be a fall!!!

secondly, there can be no southern nigeria because once the north leaves igbos and yorubas would start war and further spilt up.
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 4:36am On Sep 28, 2010
The core North is good for nothing but suya. We can even make the suya ourselves so I won't be missing them.
Re: Can The North Secede? by xoxogg(f): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
The northern truck drivers went for strike for a week n we in Lagos really felt it, so lets face it we need the north as much as they need us.

jason12345:

secondly, there can be no southern nigeria because once the north leaves igbos and yorubas would start war and further spilt up.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
xoxo, :

The northern truck drivers went for strike for a week n we in Lagos really felt it, so lets face it we need the north as much as they need us.

Is the "We" refering to lagos, the SW, or the whole of southern nigeria?
Re: Can The North Secede? by xoxogg(f): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2010
chyz:

Is the "We" refering to lagos, the SW, or the whole of southern nigeria?

Yes,
xoxo, :

we in Lagos really felt it
dont know if it affected other south west, but if other south west was capable of providing for lagos(which is more than 10% of nigeria's population) then we wudnt hv sufferd that much. We the masses blame some parts of the country for our problem. But the sad truth is the calibre of politicians today are all same north or south all the want is to fill their pockets.
Re: Can The North Secede? by intrepid: 5:07am On Apr 19, 2011
Secession is not easy for them because i guess from what have just happened during this election that the north are not even as united as they are seen to be.Not all of the sections will agree to that,when they could not even reach a consensus about a candidate.

How come 3 contestants after Atiku still came off there?

And now the 3 people combined could not even garner enough votes to make it even when added up.

ACN=2,79,151

ANPP=917,012

CPC=12,214,853

TOTAL=13,411,016

One of the reasons why they are trying to foment trouble is that they have been made to believe that power will never move from there to here.

But let me tell anyone who is reading this:POWER HAS SHIFTED AND MAY TAKE LONG BEFORE IT RETURNS TO THE HANDS OF ANY INEPT MAN OR WOMAN.

The time is also coming very soon whenthe eyes of the Northern youths will be opened by what transformation will start happening now.they will begin to ask all those their past leaders some pertinent questions.

This is because despite the centuries that they have been in power,the north remains the most impoverished section of this country.WHERE IS THE MONEY?Who has been taking it?

Time will tell,surely
Re: Can The North Secede? by humebuloe: 9:28am On Apr 19, 2011
let them commence the process
Re: Can The North Secede? by T9ksy(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2011
macjive01:

the best that could and would happen would be the Jerusalem scenario,
if you know what i mean.

So who keeps Lagos then? Igbos?
I laff in ibo.
As for the "jerusalem scenario" you mentioned above, i pray that your wish be granted- in your father's land.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
North secede? "impossiCANT". The fools will only secede when the 9ja delta oil disappears.
Lazy n wickd tribe,i'll C how they will survive,with groundnut?how many can they export in a month and to whom.
Pls my tribemen take courage n secede n allow Biafra n Yorubas be.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Rgp92: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
I hope they do grin grin grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by aljharem3: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
ferderick:

North secede? "impossiCANT". The fools will only secede when the 9ja delta oil disappears.
Lazy n wickd tribe,i'll C how they will survive,with groundnut?how many can they export in a month and to whom.
Pls my tribemen take courage n secede n allow Biafra n Yorubas be.

i have followed you and i can tell you just hate northerners which is alright

but insulting us would not be tolorated ok, ewu amu onya ara
Re: Can The North Secede? by PointB: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
Judeylive:

For the people championing that North could, and w
macjive01 link=topic=516799.msg6828016#msg6828016 date=1285562731:

Insightful and very spot on!

Re: Can The North Secede? by PointB: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ topic,

North cannot secede,

How will the be able to tackle polio, and sent their children to proper school with the old from the niger delta and duty collected Lagos port.
Naa, they wont last 6 weeks. lazy, ignorant bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos To Get Five Power Plants By 2014 / No Evidence Linking Boko Haram To ISIS, Says Federal Government / Ozekhome Says President Buhari Can Be Investigated While In Office

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.