Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,342 members, 7,913,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:43 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9861 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2010
There is so much bitterness among northerners now that a southerner seems set to lead the country come 2011.

I think the north should do what the south east did with Biafra and secede.

What do you guys think?
Re: Can The North Secede? by MaziUche0(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
If they want to, we wont stop them. grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by T9ksy(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
No, they can't secede! They need the south more than the south needs them.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Solomon227(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
I seriuosly hope they will be [size=18pt]bold enough[/size] to attempt it.

Nna there will be permanent peace in the south because it will b difficult for any souther section to dominate the rest
Re: Can The North Secede? by Pukkah: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sincerely speaking, I crave a confederation whereby any part of the union, not only the North, which feels strong enough to exit should be free to leave without any bloodshed. That to me is the freedom of association in the true sense of it. cheesy
Re: Can The North Secede? by amingafar(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
the nort loves nigeria more than any region

the can never secede they can only cause religous conflicts. which will happen, boko harem will come back
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
Man I will even fight for them sef if it leads to war.  grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by amingafar(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
they want the country to be insecure so a notherner can take over. it is difficult for christian southerner to control the nort.
they want to use religion to control or kill us.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
If that unproductive and parasitic region secedes, what would they survive on? Groundnuts? Or perhaps kolanuts?
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2010
pro01:

If that unproductive and parasitic region secedes, what would they survive on? Groundnuts? Or perhaps kolanuts?

They can survive and will survive.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2010
But we southerners are not self reliant when it comes to food.

What if something terrible (God forbid) happens to Jonathan?

Will the southerners, especially the Niger Deltans fight? I'm sure that (I pray not) will be a major catalyst for a breakup. Whichever way we look at it, a breakup will not be easy because the north will want to keep Nigeria together for the sake of the resources in the Niger Delta
Re: Can The North Secede? by daylae(m): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2010
At least the south will be relieved of the stereotype they've earned us all. We'll honestly have nothing to lose,but maybe much to gain.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
. . .For the love of oil, they won't. Every noise wen dem de make na shakara.
Aside from that, the North cannot sustain fullscale war for a week. Na almajiri dem de take buy weapons?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
pro01:

If nigeria can survive before oil was discovered,why can't the north survive ? You also forgot that groundnut was a cash product back in the days.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
I beg what is sucede?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Kx: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
can they survive if they do? answer is no.

hunger go kpie dem
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
toba:

I beg what is sucede?
To breakaway from a federation.it's secede
Re: Can The North Secede? by T9ksy(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2010
And who cares whether they can survive or not? Abegi, mak dem secede jo.
Each respective region survived before the advent of oil, so what the hell?

Unfortunately, the north will not give up on their main source of sustenance without a fight.
I guess that's what you get when your independence was handed over to you on a platter of gold, without so much as a fight/bloodshed.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2010
T9ksy:

And who cares whether they can survive or not? Abegi, mak dem secede jo.
Each respective region survived before the advent of oil, so what the hell?

Unfortunately, the north will not give up on their main source of sustenance without a fight.
I guess that's what you get when your independence was handed over to you on a platter of gold, without so much as a fight/bloodshed.
Secession is not up for the north to decide alone cuz they only form a part of the federation called nigeria.It doesn't com but with deaths. .the biafra struggle is an example.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Gayigaskia(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2010
wassup with the frustration geez, your parents tried  and failed. why don't all of you pussies form an army to try again instead of sitting behind computers typing punk poo. grin grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2010
For where? Secession is a choice for South-South but not for the North. They know and they're using it to their advantage. I would love for the North to secede because all they do is contribute political problems but then again, what are they going to survive on? Cattle Rearing and Groundnut.

Unlike Chad and the rest, they have tasted the good life. There is no way they will give it up without a fight.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

For where? Secession is a choice for South-South but not for the North. They know and they're using it to their advantage. I would love for the North to secede because all they do is contribute political problems but then again, what are they going to survive on? Cattle Rearing and Groundnut.

Unlike Chad and the rest, they have tasted the good life. There is no way they will give it up without a fight.
when did South-south join the secession madness ? The last time i checked,they were crying for resource control.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

when did South-south joined the secession madness ? The last time i checked,they were crying for resource control.
Oh it's only a matter of time. You do know that when they start asking for resource control and nothing is done about it, they will start thinking of controlling it themselves. Oil is the root of all evil in Nigeria.
Re: Can The North Secede? by ezeagu(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

Oil is the root of all evil in Nigeria.

No it's not.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2010
ezeagu:

No it's not.
Then what is?
Re: Can The North Secede? by ezeagu(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

Then what is?

The union is.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
The reason why we are united is because of Petroleum. . . take that away and you will see the bloodiest war ever!
Re: Can The North Secede? by ezeagu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

The reason why we are united is because of Petroleum. . . take that away and you will see the bloodiest war ever!

You're right. But the creation of the union in the first place was the root of all the problems.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2010
We can hardly be blamed for that. It was totally the fault of the British
Re: Can The North Secede? by AloyEmeka5: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2010
Yes they can and pray they don't because hunger will finish southern Nigerians. You cannot EAT crude oil.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yes they can and pray they don't because hunger will finish southern Nigerians. You cannot EAT crude oil.
And it is groundnut that will sustain us as a nation?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
No they cant!! or More like they wont!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Elusive Director Of Radio Biafra Surface Live In Aba Now-(pics) / Abiola Mandate’s Annulment Was A Huge Elite Conspiracy, Says Garba Shehu / Most Corrupt Nigerian Leaders In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.