Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,388 members, 7,913,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:20 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9864 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by btlasisi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2010
[b]It baffles me if long years of misrule in Nigeria has corrupted our reasoning.

North has myriad of religion crisis, East is battling kidnapping menace, west is plague with political wahala and south still have not recovered from  self serving militancy that ravaged the whole territory.

Why will any bodythinks one section of the country is the cause of Nigeria numerous problems?

Let anybody point which state in Nigeria which has an acceptable governor to all the political classes. Can we say the only solution to solving state crisis is to split the state along tribal lines.

The major problem confronting Nigeria today is lack of good leadership. These God forsaken set of human beings (bad politicians)will go any length and use all sort of methods available to them be it tribal, religious or any other to ensuring they rule us by all means.

I am craving for a good leader regardless of his or her religious, social and tribal affiliations. There is an adage that says when the head is good then the whole body , is what?

I rest my case for now.[/b]
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

And how does the country staying together,federalism or not stop the minority tribes from screaming 'marginalization'? In delta state alone the igbos are the single largest tribe amongst various tribes, the same goes for the yorubas with kwara,the idoma with benue,etc.

Nigeria staying together will just continue to be a tug of war for resources. Federalism is not the answer.It'll still never work especially since the same elites will be in the same positions as now.

They are not, and the political reality on the ground says so. IBB played them a serious bad hand and thats what has to be resolved, not making claims that don't bear scrutiny.

Back to topic.
Re: Can The North Secede? by orangemen: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2010
obasanjo is just creating all these misunderstandings here and there just to have a cover up for all his criminalities and illegalities.
if any party in nigeria will deny the northerners 2011, i don't think it shld be pdp.
we all watched obasanjo imposed yar adua on us in 2007 and apart from death, we have all settled for two terms for the northerners so why changing now? the truth is that obasanjo does not have someone in the north he trust so much like yar adua.
all these madnesses are here because they have refused to create institutions to run the affairs of the country rather we all depend on one foolish old man to be driving us arround.
if the pdp zoning system is for the south east or south south, i think the masses have the right to choose their own candidates and not this bastard that denied imo ppl their choice in 2007 and punish us with this useless man called ohakim.
let us have political freedom. let nigerians use their voting powers both at primaries and elections propare. why and what is this selection all abt and how far have we gone with this in our 50yrs of the so-called independence.
obasanjo and his pdp are telling nigerians now that ibb is corrupt and we have swallowed that without asking, WHY WAS THIS CORRUPT IBB NOT ARRESTED IN ALL THE NOISY WARS ON CORRUPTION FOUGHT ON TVS AND NEWSPAPERS?
how come non of us is asking questions abt atiku and uzor kalu both of whom we were mearnt to believe that they were corrupt. does been a pdp member clean ur corruptions?

seceeding is not only the case of the north both for everyone of us.
we must agree that after 50yrs of independence, nothing is working out for the giant of africa. is it not better we become dwarf of africa and become useful to ourselves?
no steady power supply, no road, no security, no schools, no hospitaals, no inec, no police, no political systems, no water, no identity.
what are we proud of as a ppl? just fraudulent lives. criminals at high and low places, thieves at young and old levels.
who are our leaders in this current nigeria, obasanjo, tony annenih, ibb, bode george and other high level criminals.
assuming we accept that jonathan is good, we are his advisers? the same old criminals. did ghana change their country decieving themselves?
nobody is recieving a criminal punishment for all the wrong moves here rather they go from high to higher levels.
imagine a tony annenih who stole N300b mearnt for road reconstruction, instead of going to jail, he is now made the chairman of Nigerian Ports Authorities(NPA). is this the hope of a country?
dividing this country or killing these notorious criminals will be the only way out.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf:

They are not, and the political reality on the ground says so. IBB played them a serious bad hand and thats what has to be resolved, not making claims that don't bear scrutiny.

Back to topic.

They are. i said "single" largest. if not then which tribe is?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

They are. i said "single" largest. if not then which tribe is?

Urhobo.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MEGABHROS1: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
Seccession? They cant try it because they have nothing to sell to make money. Are we talking of cows and tomatoes? What earnings can the exchange of these bring to them with their wide mouth. They all have the oil blocks that their forefathers knew not how it came to be. Ask them their pyramid of G/nut, no where to be found- oil blocks have blocked their thinking faculty. I'm happy with the current scenerios in the polity. It shows that the south too now have the power to shake the country. I think they should be preparing for a total seccession because Nigeria as a nation is a mistake from the stupid Lord Lugard. We are never one and we can never be. I think when we all go back to the basis , nothern Nigeria will be like current Niger republic. Have you ever heard of conflicts amond the ethnic groups there in Niger? Absolutely no! Just because the country is built along people of like-minds and interests. Nigeria almagation of 1914 was the greatest mistake the whites made and that will keep hunting us until we seccede. We are all alive now, seh? Pls ask the number of people that have lost their lives in the incessant crisis in the north. I think let everybody bears his father name and we will have peace that is absolute. Secession is a necessary evil, whether now or in future, ponto!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
I wish they could,
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf:

Urhobo.

Sorry the Urobos alone is small compared to the Igbo and even when combine with the Isoko they are still not as large as the igbos:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/maps/stateMaps/images/684e33e69135b0143fa618a1fe70e03d53b840bb.jpg
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Sorry the Urobos alone is small compared to the Igbo and even when combine with the Isoko they are still not as large as the igbos:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/maps/stateMaps/images/684e33e69135b0143fa618a1fe70e03d53b840bb.jpg

That has to be the funniest and craziest way of calculating population!
Figures and hard political realities on the ground are far superior to maps, don't you think?
Its ok to claim though, cos it ends up neither here nor there and life goes on as fact and reality dictate.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf:

That has to be the funniest and craziest way of calculating population!
Figures and hard political realities on the ground are far superior to maps, don't you think?
Its ok to claim though, cos it ends up neither here nor there and life goes on as fact and reality dictate.

Fair enough.
Re: Can The North Secede? by sbeezy8: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
you must be BASTARD TO THINK OBJ CAUSED THIS IM NOT IGBO BUT WHEN THE NORTH PROMISED EKWUEME PRESIDENCY AFTER SHAGARI AND BUHARI TOOK OVER DID THE NORTH SAY "YEA ITS IGBOS TURN, BUHARI GO SIT DOWN"? NO

Zoning has always been used by northerners to trick southerers AND WE WILL NOT FALL FOR IT -THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER TO SOUTHERNERS PROBLEM IS A COMMON GROUND, ON FEDERALISM, EDUCATION, AND RELIGOUS FREEDOM - MIDDLE BELT WANT THAT, IGBO WANT THAT, YORUBAS WANT THAT AND NIGER DELTANS WANT THAT!!!

Beaf:

Urhobo.

I dont know where this guy chyz gets his fact from. lol
Re: Can The North Secede? by teskyg: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
na only Fulani go secede, Most of them are not from Nigeria,but migrants from Chad and Sudan.Okar coup would have settled all this issue if he had succeeded.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2010
The north can if they want to, remember the cry word of the coupist was "ARABA" (LETS DIVIDE) but i guess when Gowon saw the effects of oil money they changed it to One Nigeria, If Niger can be on its own, Ethopia on its own and even Morocco that doesn't have oil sustain itself, Why can't the North also sustain itself, there are other landlocked countries in Africa sustaining themselves but the problem is they don't have the will power to do it, they'd never do it.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2010
sbeezy8:

you must be naughty person TO THINK OBJ CAUSED THIS IM NOT IGBO BUT WHEN THE NORTH PROMISED EKWUEME PRESIDENCY AFTER SHAGARI AND BUHARI TOOK OVER DID THE NORTH SAY "YEA ITS IGBOS TURN, BUHARI GO SIT DOWN"? NO

Zoning has always been used by northerners to trick southerers AND WE WILL NOT FALL FOR IT -THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER TO SOUTHERNERS PROBLEM IS A COMMON GROUND, ON FEDERALISM, EDUCATION, AND RELIGOUS FREEDOM - MIDDLE BELT WANT THAT, IGBO WANT THAT, YORUBAS WANT THAT AND NIGER DELTANS WANT THAT!!!

I dont know where this guy chyz gets his fact from. lol
speaking only of education, the QUOTA system(catchment) adopted by JAMB is another area where d North has continued to run Naija down
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
This is like Christmas come early.

No more boko harams, no more killing because of religion, no more high illiteracy, no more LEGAL pedos, etc.

But I'll miss their suyas tho. A little price to pay for something so divine.
Re: Can The North Secede? by md4real(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
now i know that Nairaland is full of half baked jobless individual sharing exactly the same faith like Nigeria. are these posts your contribution toward moving this nation forward? well, i have said it once and i will still repeat it. IF NORTH THEY VEX YOU, GO HUG TRANSFORMER!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Echidime(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
let them go is better
Re: Can The North Secede? by Yorisb: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This is like Christmas come early.

No more boko harams, no more killing because of religion, no more high illiteracy, no more LEGAL pedos, etc.

But I'll miss their suyas tho. A little price to pay for something so divine.

Abeg make dem go jor. . .I guess we can make do with pepper soup and Isi ewu. grin

suya ko, aboki ni
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
They will be prosperous. One of the richest nations to emerge out of Africa. I beg like I said anytime they are ready I will throw my support. I will even pick up arms and butcher anyone from the South sef who stands in their way. Lets encourage them instead of all this yeye talk about them starving to death bla bla bla. People no sabi use common sense. You have a pest that is thinking about leaving you alone and instead of welcoming the idea you tell the pest of what he will be missing and losing if he finally leaves you alone. Kaiiiii!!!!!!!!!

Southerners are complete MORONS.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Ayowumie(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
udezue:

People no sabi use common sense. You have a pest that is thinking about leaving you alone and instead of welcoming the idea you tell the pest of what he will be missing and losing if he finally leaves you alone. Kaiiiii!!!!!!!!!

Have you considered the number of innocent lives that would be lost?
May be you might say, it would be worth the loss. Would you happy if your loved ones were among those that would loose their lives. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ayowumie:

May be you might say, it would be worth the loss. Would you happy if your loved ones were among those that would loose their lives. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!

No life will be lost as long as u Southern Morons don't stand in their way. If they want to leave then let them go. Enough all this silly talk about losing lives. U come off far more bloodthirsty than the Northern morons sef. If they decide to carry their wahala and go how will that lead to violence?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
udezue:

They will be prosperous. One of the richest nations to emerge out of Africa. I beg like I said anytime they are ready I will throw my support. I will even pick up arms and butcher anyone from the South sef who stands in their way. [size=14pt]Lets encourage them instead of all this yeye talk about them starving to death bla bla bla. People no sabi use common sense. You have a pest that is thinking about leaving you alone and instead of welcoming the idea you tell the pest of what he will be missing and losing if he finally leaves you alone. Kaiiiii!!!!!!!!![/size]

Seconded.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Yorisb: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ayowumie:

SECEDE - Withdrawal from an alliance, in his case willingly by the North will not cause any violence.

Infact it would be a very welcomed dev by all including urself
grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by ud4u: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
They can't even attempt it, let alone trying.
Re: Can The North Secede? by 13volts(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
Even if the north break away it wil not stop militancy in the ND kidnapping and armed robbery in the east but rather aggravate it wit an influx of millions of migrating southners from the north. In house fighting wil be the order, niger republic wit less resources than the northern 9jah survived, we can do better. But dis wil not happen until d oil well dried up
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2010
13volts:

Even if the north break away it wil not stop militancy in the ND kidnapping and armed robbery in the east but rather aggravate it wit an influx of millions of migrating southners from the north. In house fighting wil be the order, niger republic wit less resources than the northern 9jah survived, we can do better. But dis wil not happen until d oil well dried up

That will be for the South to decide. Maybe, we would rather have that than some core North baboons who think they were born to rule.
In the South and Middle Belt, you would find a nation without Boko Haram, practicing true federalism and fcking developing at a pace that would stun those who knew the old Nigeria. cool

The core North would be very free to go to any radical lengths with sharia etc. We would just need a very strong border, probably a high wall with an electrified fence separating you guys from us.

Your leaders are the ones threatening to leave and we accept and even [size=14pt]beg [/size] them to carry out the threat.
Re: Can The North Secede? by badaru1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
mumus,you are here wasting your time,while the few wise ones are in Abuja,states capital and local hqtrs sharing the resources. Who among you has ever confronted his local govt chairman on how the resources is utilized? For your information,most countries we called developed today dont export crude oil,they export technology. Count them: usa,Japan,Italy,Rusian,Uk etc,how many of these rely on crude oil?
Re: Can The North Secede? by gadogado(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
Moonstone:

If you take into account the increasing desertification of the Northern area, you would know that very soon everything is moving down south, thanks to global warming. Sahara is spreading faster than it is contracting. Besides, we can always get food from them no matter what or else, how are they going to build their economy?

Fool, only about 3% of total land mass of northern Nigeria is "desertified" since you are no scientist, leave the desertification/global warming issues to the experts who know what they're talking about.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chuqudy(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
Do you want them to die of hunger.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2010
chuqudy:

Do you want them to die of hunger.

Allah will provide for them wink
Re: Can The North Secede? by vedaxcool(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
@OP
your thread sir lack merit and hardly in tandem with common sense as GEJ gets a lot of support from the north even during the Yar'adua saga Northerners played a vital role in his ascension to the presidency, but like typical of the Ignorant you read loads of foolish comments with no iota of understandings as some fools think the north is Purely Muslim, no there are loads of Christians and furthermore If Northern leaders are Frustrated as such why did we see them at GEJ declaration who are backing him for the Presidency, the OP failed to understand Politics in Nigeria is more of selfishness of a few rather than service to the many. it is apity that some so called educated? individuals do not even understand the basic composition of the North, this kind of foolishness you will even find in Univesity pofessors in the south who will tell you the noth is Hausa-Fulani, it is just a pity.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Ayowumie(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
gadogado:

Fool, only about 3% of total land mass of northern Nigeria is "desertified" since you are no scientist, leave the desertification/global warming issues to the experts who know what they're talking about.
There is an increasing dessertification especially in the Souther part of Borno. Don't argue about what you do not pls.
You mentioned 3%, i don't doubt it though. however, where is the source of your info.
Even, if it is 3%, is the 3% not closely up to the total land mass in Lagos state? Was it 3% a decade ago? In the last 5 years, maiduguri has been heavily affected by excessive sand and this is even made worse during sandstorm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Apapa, Tin-Can Ports Operating Beyond Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.