Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,385 members, 7,913,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:12 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9862 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

And it is groundnut that will sustain us as a nation?
bulk of nigeria food comes from the north and stop this groundnut thing if you don't know
ezeagu:

You're right. But the creation of the union in the first place was the root of all the problems.
The union had no problem until ibo made attempt to split it by all means.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

bulk of nigeria food comes from the north and stop this groundnut thing if you don't knowThe union had no problem until ibo made attempt to split it by all means.
If you take into account the increasing desertification of the Northern area, you would know that very soon everything is moving down south, thanks to global warming. Sahara is spreading faster than it is contracting. Besides, we can always get food from them no matter what or else, how are they going to build their economy?
Re: Can The North Secede? by bawomolo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
nigeria was amalgamated before the discovery of oil. The north survived before and can survive after a merger.

we seem to forget lots of our agricultural produce comes from the north or middle belt in particular
Re: Can The North Secede? by bawomolo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
The union had no problem until ibo made attempt to split it by all means.

no problems? really?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

bulk of nigeria food comes from the north and stop this groundnut thing if you don't know.

Is there anything stopping food from coming from Cameroon or Benin republic instead? In any event the seceding regions will only be the far North and I don't believe they grow anything of importance. The bulk of food comes from Benue, Plateau and Adamawa.

Down south, nothing stops the creation of a replacement food basket (for the whole of West Africa) in Cross River, Nsukka area etc.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
bawomolo:

no problems? really?
I'm talking about genuine problem not the usual ibo rantings. . .if there was any before independence,feel free to let us know.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I'm talking about genuine problem not the usual ibo rantings. . .if there was any before independence,feel free to let us know.

Dude, this your "ibo this, ibo that" on every thread is becoming a scratched record. Its rather childish.
Re: Can The North Secede? by bawomolo(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

tribal politics? civil service appointments?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2010
That explains it. . .

Every country needs an economy. . . gosh even the smallest state needs an economy. The best way to go about it is to sell. The North will sell to the South and there are some crops grown in the South as well. We have more fertility than them in parts close to the belt.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Adonike(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2010
No division. Nigeria is one indivisible entity!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Moonstone(f): 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
^^^^^that is a big lie. We can and we will be divided if care is not taken. We have too many issues among us. 50 years and still destabilized. . . it's painful.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Solomon227(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ Adonike

No division. Nigeria is one indivisible entity!

watch your mouth ooo. never say never.
Re: Can The North Secede? by bawomolo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
so where have you been hiding, moonstone  angry
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2010
bawomolo:

tribal politics? civil service appointments?
When did tribal politics start ? Is it worth the number of deaths that followed ?
Beaf:

Dude, this your "ibo this, ibo that" on every thread is becoming a scratched record. Its rather childish.
Childish how ? You saw ''secede'' and you still make this silly comment.wa ka jo.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
bawomolo:

nigeria was amalgamated before the discovery of oil.  The north survived before and can survive after a merger.

we seem to forget lots of our agricultural produce comes from the north or middle belt in particular

We have agriculture to sustain ourselves and if by any chance southners are pushed out of the north which will lead to a population change then the East can always get their agricultural produce from Cameroon and the West can always get theirs from Benin Republic. The North Needs Us, We Don't Need Them.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

When did tribal politics start ? Is it worth the number of deaths that followed ?Childish how ? You saw ''secede'' and you still make this silly comment.wa ka jo.

Last time I checked, "secede" wasn't an Igbo word. In this article, it is directly connected to the word "North."
Don't you think you are missing something rather large and obvious? Or does the part of your DNA that controls your hyperactive primordial reflexes have the derogatory word. "ibo" written on it?

It is frankly irritating to other NLers.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

Last time I checked, "secede" wasn't an Igbo word. In this article, it is directly connected to the word "North."
Don't you think you are missing something rather large and obvious? Or does the part of your DNA that controls your hyperactive primordial reflexes have the derogatory word. "ibo" written on it?

It is frankly irritating to other NLers.
Who are the other nlers you are referring to ? You think i give a fck about what you think or what ? E ma gbami o
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Who are the other nlers you are referring to ? You think i give a fck about what you think or what ? E ma gbami o

He's not Igbo that's what he means and even he is getting tired of it. what we are discussing is a serious issue so tighten up.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2010
chyz:

He's not Igbo that's what he means and even he is getting tired of it. what we are discussing is a serious issue so tighten up.

Thank you. I really don't understand the stup!dity that drives a grown man to strive to derail every single topic with his extremly narrow minded and childish tribalism.
There is nothing to do with Igbo's in this topic, yet professional irritants like bluetooth find a way to smuggle it in. I'm beginning to conclude that many he-goats have bigger brains than bluetooth.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
chyz:

What's democracy if he can't respect my freedom of expression.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

Thank you. I really don't understand the stup!dity that drives a grown man to strive to derail every single topic with his extremly narrow minded and childish tribalism.
There is nothing to do with Igbo's in this topic, yet professional irritants like bluetooth find a way to smuggle it in. I'm beginning to conclude that many he-goats have bigger brains than bluetooth.
I can now see where you are coming from. . .just because i said jonathan stolen Atiku's speech.ROTFL
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I can now see where you are coming from. . .just because i said jonathan stolen Atiku's speech.ROTFL

I don't recall having that discussion with you about Jonathan. Are you now a magician?
You are simply attempting to dodge the issue of your stup!d degree of tribalism that so blinds, that you derail even the most important topic, but its not working. cool

I'm coming to the opinion that NLers should report you each time you start baiting, so you can be banned until your foolishness is cured.
Re: Can The North Secede? by hercules07: 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2010
The North can secede and they will do fine, apart from agriculture, they also have some natural resources that are untapped because everybody is keen on oil. The ability of a nation to succeed is not only determined by your resources but also by the kind of leadership you can get, a nation with a leader who has the interest of the people at heart will always succeed no matter the challenges placed before them.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

I don't recall having that discussion with you about Jonathan. Are you now a magician?
You are simply attempting to dodge the issue of your stup!d degree of tribalism that so blinds, that you derail even the most important topic, but its not working. cool
Don't tell me you've not seen it. . .it was between me and slap1.i guess that got you haywire since your personal attack on me was coming about an hour i made that plagiarism comment.
I do not need to tell you what my opinions are concerning any issue,my post would always speak for itself.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Don't tell me you've not seen it. . .it was between me and slap1.i guess that got you haywire since your personal attack on me was coming about an hour i made that plagiarism comment.
I do not need to tell you what my opinions are concerning any issue,my post would always speak for itself.

I don't even know what fcking thread that conversation is on, so please spare me and face the facts on the ground. Stop dodging the issue.

Above all, stop derailing every thread with your brainless tribalism; you think its cunning, but its stup!d.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

I don't even know what fcking thread that conversation is on, so please spare me and face the facts on the ground. Stop dodging the issue.

Above all, stop derailing every thread with your brainless tribalism; you think its cunning, but its stup!d.
I will take your insults as a compliment. . .it shows your level of maturity.fcking,brainless as if you can talk to me like that if we meet one on one anyways it's a faceless forum,so i will leave you to continue your fantansies.iranu ma po lori internet yio.
Re: Can The North Secede? by CareTaker1(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2010
The northerners are afraid that things are not going to be the same again after the corrections that Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan will make as president 2011-2015.

Well, they hate to see the balance of power that is going to be the case after GEAJ's tenure, they hate fairness, they hate equity, they hate equality, they hate democracy, they hate progress,they hate prosperity,they hate success, they hate good, they hate right, they hate justice. they are haters, they hate the south
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I will take your insults as a compliment. . .it shows your level of maturity.fcking,brainless as if you can talk to me like that if we meet one on one anyways it's a faceless forum,so i will leave you to continue your fantansies.iranu ma po lori internet yio.

See this clown! Are you Tokyo from NURTW, Ibadan branch? Or are you the new leader of Boko Haram? grin

Listen, when you have a topic that deals with your favourite small minded subjects, you can roll as you wish. But when a topic deals with the whole of Nigeria, you should have more sense than to derail it with tiny brained, tribalistic inanities.
Re: Can The North Secede? by metalGo0g: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
@OP

The North can/will never secede out of Nigeria; the same rule also applies to other ethnic groups. The word secession was erased out of Nigeria political lexicon during the period Igbo haters fought against Biafra.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2010
^
And here comes bluetoothes partner, metaldung.
Re: Can The North Secede? by grafikdon: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jesu Kristi Nmamuoooo !!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Bluetooth the [b]B[/b]ad [b]A[/b]zz [b]G[/b]angsta !!! grin grin. Isn't it obvious you're the type who'd buckle in the knee, drenched in the pool of your own urine when faced with a situation that may involve swift exchange of clenched fists? Your unnecessary and disturbing distribution of inflammatory  ethnic antagonism riddled infantile drivel, while hiding under the skirt and blouse of anonymity is a dead give away.
Re: Can The North Secede? by metalGo0g: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

^
And here comes bluetoothes partner, metaldung.

And who gives a hoot about a rotten[b] beef[/b].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Nigerian Senator Sleeping Or Meditating On Duty? (photo) / PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers / 2023 General Elections: Use Of Dogs, Other Pets At Polling Units Criminal - NPF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.