Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,288 members, 7,947,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9896 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by vedaxcool(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2010
The North cannot secede bbecoz of GEJ, he is too small for us to think of seceding unlike the rest of the county where beocz they can't have power they beging to cry foul and eggs the North would not secede becoz it is not in their intrest to do that.  furthermore we should ask our brothers from the south eat why Kidnapping is driving you from you homes as Many Ibos are racing  as far as they can from the Kidnappers who happen to be their own fellow tribes' men? Note people usually flee their homes when there is an ethno-religious cum Political Crisis yet Kidnapping has Prompted Internal displacement of people within the S-East, Keep disturbing Yourselves of what happen in the North do not face the Fire burning your house keep shouting of the stains you see in other places.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2010
Gnexplore:

are u sure they can survive on groundnuts? , for without Crude oil , there will not likes of IBB,

But the truth is that Western countries via Oil Companies prefer to deal with Northerners , than Southerns , least of which Ibos
as they Might re-negotiate all the NNPC oil contracts with Multinational Oil companies.

Allthough, the activities of Religious Nutheads, are making the West have a second thought,  

My sister, Crude oil as the name goes has brought nothing but crude money for Nigeria. A select few has amassed so many wealth for themselves and r using it to subdue the majority. Nigerian will be better without oil. The North and all other parts can survive well without oil. We all know that an average Northerner no dey Lazy, the Yourubas n Igbos too. My concern if Nigeria disintegrates is with the Niger delta states. With more traditional rulers in the SS than all other regions combined, it will definitely not be easy to govern the SS if Naija fails.
Re: Can The North Secede? by CHIMCO(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2010
If the north secede, south-south and south east wil be their europe. Nigerians should apologise to igbo's & allow any region that is interested to secede. Nigerian leaders has failed us. Circumstantial Presented Jonatan who was planted by obasanjo has no vision. Jonatan shd ve step aside & conduct free & fair election.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2010
yabadabado:

common people' , we  can't survive on  our own.
the yoruba can't  seem to agree and they  say  is the AFONJA curse .  the ibos  can't  seem to  agree too .  this some blame on the love of money i.e someone is  always willing  and ready to collect money in order to scuttle the plan or ambition on some other kinsmen. the people of the niger delta would finished themselve at the slightest opportunity and u  would see another replay of the Nigeria's nollywood drama as Ijaw people dominating the other minorities group ,they would start fighting for land ,oil  bloc  etc  and before you say  ALAMAYSIEYA , tribes with start the sort of  conflicts that we have seen in the past  in that region.
NO DOUBT, the core north would  suffer in the short run but they always seem to agree so they can always solve their problems with the  RANKADEDE approach . the north central/middle belt would move on/ away from the shadow of the core north because they are now wiser with the help of obasanjo . i spent more that a year there and most of them want out cus there are a lot of christians and non hausa people there . eg state like benue,plateau, taraba,adamawa, etc . tribes like jukun,tivs, taroks, berom,kwalla  etcs.

Ha,  the north needs people in the south to eat their meat and  other consumable  agric produce , \the ibos, the enterprenuerial strength of nigeria needs the milllions of people to dominated and excellence ,the yoruba needs the plurality  in the nation to see beyond  it own plurality , other tribes needs the the three big  tribes to be bigger than the small  tribes obtainable else where.  SOUTH CAMEROUN OPTED OUT SOME TIME IN THE PAST .  QUESTION:is their life better than people in nigeria?  Obafemi awolowo is for me the greatest national hero  for me eventhough am not from his place doing thing that no other national hero did like , first TV station in western nigerian even before switzerland and france, free education for all , acquired a nuclear site for a nuclear energy as far back as the 70s ,the university of IFE then had proposed airport and other facilities that would have seen the light of day, UNI ibadan was the extension of  oxford  so to speak,induatrial/residential estate like no other in the whole of africa etc that is  why his people would still be using awoist style for political leverage decades after his demise. no other tribe is using their own hero like this man is being used.    
THIS MAN STILL DID NOT LEAD HIS PEOPLE OUT OF NIGERIA , maybe for personal reason or otherwise

WHAT WE NEED IS A NATIONAL CONFERENCE TO AGREE ON SOME CERTAIN THINGS BOTHERING EACH  TRIBE  and with a  good president we could have that, no need for seceding  tribes drama.

We dont need to be in the same country with each other.Fighting over resources can be check by regions going their own ways and if one country need a particular resource then they can establish trade.This will provide peace instead of a tug of war like we have today.
Re: Can The North Secede? by icare1: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2010
if Nigeria divides , south Africa and Libya will be the happiest ever.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
And I repeat
The north can secede
But it will not
Re: Can The North Secede? by safariman(m): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
The North will secede when the crude oil don finish
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
Not necessarily, because it probably wont want to be landlocked
Re: Can The North Secede? by MaziUche0(m): 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
Let the North secede. We the people of the East will not stop them.
Re: Can The North Secede? by seanet02: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
MaziUche0:

Let the North secede. We the people of the East will not stop them.
but they stopped you
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
MShittu:

Gbam!
One important factor people are not looking @,
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
jabbok:

Gbam!
One important factor people are not looking @,

hows that going to hurt them?
Re: Can The North Secede? by seanet02: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
okay Ojukwu has taught YOU that it makes more sense to import automobiles with AIRPLANES, Import heavy products with airplanes. Better go and read geography if you a SPARE PART DEALER
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
chyz:

Ah ah. See question!

Do u think the status of Lagos financially is by any magic wand? I dont expect u to answer
Re: Can The North Secede? by grafikdon: 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2010
Funny how a lot of people throwing jabs at the North, begging them to join their "brothers" in Chad are the same people who will unleash the deadliest volley of ethnic antagonism whenever they see "Biafra" and "Igbo" in a sentence, regardless of the context.

Southerners are their own worst enemies. The sooner you realize the North is not exactly holding you back, the better. What we have down south are a bunch of treacherous cretins and delusional imbeciles who believe they are absolved from the tenacious grip of idiocy due to their educational qualifications. Imagine some southerners calling some of their fellow Nigerians "inferior", "backward", "uncultured" or **insert more derogatory terms** when the entire country from Bauchi to Lagos, from Bayelsa to Aba is a putrid massive pile of horse sh.i.t, with no electricity, sewage and water supply.

We the  "progressive" southerners shout "Hallllalluuuuyaaa", kills cows and throw ikwokirikwo parties when a Governor does a minute percentage of what he was elected to do, like building/maintaining roads, building modern toilet facilities in public schools, paying the civil servants their well deserved wages etc. . .

Yep, blame it all on the "backward" Northerners. Blame the Northerners for farting in the living room while disregarding the 300 pounds  of rancid Southern sh.i.t  in the toilet, begging to be flushed.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
seanet02:

okay Ojukwu has taught YOU that it makes more sense to import automobiles with AIRPLANES, Import heavy products with airplanes. Better go and read geography if you a SPARE PART DEALER
grin grin grin grin grin

Na only Ojukwu b d Igbo man wey u know? Ode
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chyz
Being landlocked means that its going to be much more difficult and much more complex to export goods. And that the countries surrounding landlocked ones closer to the sea can actually control your own economic growth.
It pretty much limits self-dependency.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
seanet02:

grin grin grin grin grin

Allah will provide for them wink
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
MShittu:

@chyz
Being landlocked means that its going to be much more difficult and much more complex to export goods. And that the countries surrounding landlocked ones closer to the sea can actually control your own economic growth.
It pretty much limits self-dependency.

thats where diplomacy comes in.that is another reason southerners want the north to go their way because they lack deplomacy and want to attain everything by force.Treat your neighbor good and you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chyz
Maybe, but I myself think that Nigeria'll be better with the North, because then we'll be able to appeal to oil-rich Arab nations for economic assistance and stuff.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
MShittu:

@chyz
Maybe, but I myself think that Nigeria'll be better with the North, because then we'll be able to appeal to oil-rich Arab nations for economic assistance and stuff.

Why would nigeria need economic assistance from arab nations?what do they have to offer us that we dont have to offer them?
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chyz
Money? Electricity? Good roads? Health care?
They can also educate the Northerners.
We dont need to adopt their ideologies
But they can help us develop
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
MShittu:

@chyz
Money? Electricity? Good roads? Health care?
They can also educate the Northerners.
We dont need to adopt their ideologies
But they can help us develop

Arabs are the ones who pervert Islam. They are the ones whose ways the northerners have learned and become murderers. Arabs mix islam with their culture and thats where the barbaric nature comes from. Also the northerners need to stay away from the Hadith because it is evil. Nigeria can get all of those things you've mentioned from other African countries, we can even get it from ourselves if these political thieves are done away with and honorables are put in their place. Arabs have messed up the northerners and they would bent over backwards to kiss an arab man's feet but they are so quick to kill their own african brothers and call him an infidel. No to Arabs.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chyz
Ok
I like to keep an open mind is all
Re: Can The North Secede? by jason12345: 1:37am On Sep 23, 2010
grafikdon:

Funny how a lot of people throwing jabs at the North, begging them to join their "brothers" in Chad are the same people who will unleash the deadliest volley of ethnic antagonism whenever they see "Biafra" and "Igbo" in a sentence, regardless of the context.

Southerners are their own worst enemies. The sooner you realize the North is not exactly holding you back, the better. What we have down south are a bunch of treacherous cretins and delusional imbeciles who believe they are absolved from the tenacious grip of idiocy due to their educational qualifications. Imagine some southerners calling some of their fellow Nigerians "inferior", "backward", "uncultured" or **insert more derogatory terms** when the entire country from Bauchi to Lagos, from Bayelsa to Aba is a putrid massive pile of horse sh.i.t, with no electricity, sewage and water supply.

We the  "progressive" southerners shout "Hallllalluuuuyaaa", kills cows and throw ikwokirikwo parties when a Governor does a minute percentage of what he was elected to do, like building/maintaining roads, building modern toilet facilities in public schools, paying the civil servants their well deserved wages etc. . .

Yep, blame it all on the "backward" Northerners. Blame the Northerners for farting in the living room while disregarding the 300 pounds  of rancid Southern sh.i.t  in the toilet, begging to be flushed.
thank u oooo
good analysis cool
are u a northerner becos u sound more educated than most ppl in this forum
Re: Can The North Secede? by tarano: 1:43am On Sep 23, 2010
If the north dare secede there would be war, period, forget about the so call numerical strength of the North, If the North secede, I will carry arms to keep Nigeria one, and many more people would fight to unite Nigeria,
Re: Can The North Secede? by Onlytruth(m): 1:56am On Sep 23, 2010
tarano:

If the north dare secede there would be war, period, forget about the so call numerical strength of the North, If the North secede, I will carry arms to keep Nigeria one, and many more people would fight to unite Nigeria,

As long as you leave Igbo man out of it, that is fine by me. undecided
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 2:59am On Sep 23, 2010
MShittu:

chyz:

So, I was right, u really are an im.becile that just hates for no reason! An im.becile that doesnt even know what the term "Landlocked" means. Dude, the same reason the North doesnt wanna secede is the same reason why the rest of Nigeria told Ojukwu "If u wanna go, go, but u aint going with the Niger-Delta!".

Do u know what the words "Land-Locked" mean now?! Doofus!
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:05am On Sep 23, 2010
chyz:

Also the northerners need to stay away from the Hadith because it is evil.

Dude, u need to stop fronting like ure well-read; like u know what ure talking about! Clearly, ure a Ibo-dummy trying to feign German-Einstein on us all. Dude, u didnt even know what the term "Land-Locked" meant. Obviously, if u, and most of your Biafrans, knew the meaning of the word (and how it applies to a future Biafra withoutl Ijaw land) yall wont be agitating for a seperate state.

Now, back to the topic at hand! WHAT IS THE HADITH? DO U KNOW ANY OF ITS AUTHORS OR HOW IT CAME TO BE? Unlearned monkey! Thats all uve been raised to do: hate, hate, hate!!! Now, muslims are the next on your list of "who to hate today". Ibo beast!
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:08am On Sep 23, 2010
grafikdon:

Dude, ure in New York? I need to buy u beer. . . . or a hundred!
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 3:10am On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

So, I was right, u really are an im.becile that just hates for no reason! An im.becile that doesnt even know what the term "Landlocked" means. Dude, the same reason the North doesnt wanna secede is the same reason why the rest of Nigeria told Ojukwu "If u wanna go, go, but u aint going with the Niger-Delta!".

Do u know what the words "Land-Locked" mean now?! Doofus!

I see your mom's boyfriend's still been trying to have sexx with you.hey don't take your anger out on me man.
Re: Can The North Secede? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:20am On Sep 23, 2010
chyz:

I see your mom's boyfriend's still been trying to have sexx with you.hey don't take your anger out on me man.

Sure! In the time it took u to put up your usual, vile, Ibo comments, u coulda scoured Google and came up with (at least) a "half-answer" on what u know of the Hadith! Monkey! I despise pretentious individuals with a passion! If u dont know something, seek knowledge, read, ask questions instead of relying on tales told by your bitter parents under the Biafran Moonlight!

Now, your assignment for the day:

1. Find out "What is the Hadith?".

2. How was it compiled?

3. Who were its Authors?

Goodluck, Gorilla! You have 20 minutes!

10.15 pm (EST)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Dead Body After Bloody Pro-biafra Protest / Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations / Biafran Military Uniform Causing War On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.