Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,386 members, 7,913,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:15 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9863 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by HAH: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
The truth of the matter is that the north is the stabilizing factor in present nigeria. Deep down our minds we know that the Igbo prefers the Hausa than Yoruba, Yoruba prefers Hausa than Igbo and the other southern minority will also prefer a Hausa man than other southerners.

From the above analysis if the north should secede the south will be melting pot of conflict among themselves.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
vedaxcool:

@OP
your thread sir lack merit and hardly in tandem with common sense as GEJ gets a lot of support from the north even during the Yar'adua saga Northerners played a vital role in his ascension to the presidency, but like typical of the Ignorant you read loads of foolish comments with no iota of understandings as some fools think the north is Purely Muslim, no there are loads of Christians and furthermore If Northern leaders are Frustrated as such why did we see them at GEJ declaration who are backing him for the Presidency, the OP failed to understand Politics in Nigeria is more of selfishness of a few rather than service to the many. it is apity that some so called educated? individuals do not even understand the basic composition of the North, this kind of foolishness you will even find in Univesity pofessors in the south who will tell you the noth is Hausa-Fulani, it is just a pity.

Since when does the showing up of northern governors at GEJ declaration mean that they are backing him up? If that were the case then there would be no need for primaries.Its called politics. Its not a christian/muslim thing.You people in the core north make it seem that way.  And you said the north supported GEJ in the Yaradua saga? These people went through all kinds of lies and nonsense that embarrassed nigerians all over the world to try and stop GEJ from getting the presidential seat. We all know Yaradua died last year and his death was only just announced this year you greed bigots. And just like the Imams in the north they tell you that all southerners are infidels, yorubas and igbos. Look just go your way you northerners will do well.Your leaders are the ones calling for chaos not us.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Ayowumie(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
HAH:

The truth of the matter is that the north is the stabilizing factor in present nigeria. Deep down our minds we know that the Igbo prefers the Hausa than Yoruba, Yoruba prefers Hausa than Igbo and the other southern minority will also prefer a Hausa man than other southerners.

From the above analysis if the north should secede the south will be melting pot of conflict among themselves.
Generally speaking, you might be right. However, this is rather subjective and too speculative.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
You guys are commenting as if the entirety of the north is parasitic, rich, uneducated and just plain evil. The north might be the poorest part of Nigeria, and although Northern leaders suck arse, the large portion of northerners that are educated are good individuals who also see their leaders' flaws.
Re: Can The North Secede? by naso2(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
The north will not dare secede. Anyway if dey try nonsense like any useless "hello nigerians . . . . " will signal there end.

See the statement made by Ahmadu Bello the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premier of the Northern Region  in october 1960 a few days after our independence:

[size=20pt]"This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future[/size]"

Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
HAH:

This is bloody untrue.
Every part of Nigeria aside from the core North craves true federalism. The core North is against true federalsim only because it will stop them sipping oil from a long range and stealing Nigeria blind.
The moment they are gone, the rest of the country will adopt true federalisim, with each region being semi-autonomous and paying taxes to a weak centre which wouldn't be worth fighting for. There will also be no more monthly handouts from Abuja, every region will have to develop or die. Almajiri style begging in Abuja is the only thing the core North is stabilising.
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
HAH:

Bye North dont worry about us in the south when you leave all will be in peace,including you. Yorubas have their country in the Making and so does the Igbo and minority groups. Up Up Arewa Republic may your country be realized!
Re: Can The North Secede? by naso2(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Bye North dont worry about us in the south when you leave all will be in peace,including you. Yorubas have their country in the Making and so does the Igbo and minority groups. Up Up Arewa Republic may your country be realized!

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. But those hausa/fulanis go show the northern minorities pepper. grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by ibibiogrl: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth
when did South-south join the secession madness ? The last time i checked,they were crying for resource control
   Am from the South-South and yes we have always wanted to Secede!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Ericology(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Allah will provide for them wink

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Can The North Secede? by justdtruth: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
The human mind I want to believe works better than the computer. It has the capability to process information and make deductions from such information. The computer is simply garbage in garbage out. An improvement is the ‘Artificial Intelligence capabilities being designed.
I know a lot of NL are young guys and ladies with intuitive mind and broaden intellectual horizon.
We make lots of fun on several subjects but I think the Nigerian question should not be taken for a show of comedy or just a popular jingle on Sesame Street. This is our country and we have got issues.
It is rather unfortunate that we have continuously allowed ourselves to be fooled and played by the politicians of this country. We simply sing and dance to their drums of rhetorical hypocrisy. We clad ourselves in agbada and babariga, looking our best to grace their celebrations of mediocrity and callousness. Popular artist at their events are tribalism, ethnicity, religion, marginalisation, to mention a few and not forgetting the upcoming superstar, zoning.

Please, if we do not have a choice but to look at Nigeria through the eyes these criminal fools, let us rather see with the spectacle of reasoning.

I have always wondered, what do we want in this country? Good roads, electricity, security, qualitative education, buoyant economy, affordable housing, adequate water supply, etc. simply put - a country that works.

This is the desire of a Nigerian, mind you not the politicians. Wherever we may be. On the market streets of Lagos Island or the rocks of Abeokuta. The coal mines of Enugu or the oil rich swamp of the delta. Riding a horse on the street on Kano or fishing in the Argungun River. Guiding a herd of cattle on the plains of Minna or calling out to customers in the market of Onisha.

What can be an irony is the fact the desires of our politicians are not different. I want to believe we all know what these desires are. A particular selling point of these politicians is the fact that they all have the same principles and that is why they can move from one party to the other. Form a party today and scatter it tomorrow. That is why is no region of this country have benefited from any of them

No, the north should not secede, OUR POLITICIANS SHOULD SECEDE
Re: Can The North Secede? by vedaxcool(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Since when does the showing up of northern governors at GEJ declaration mean that they are backing him up? If that were the case then there would be no need for primaries.Its called politics. Its not a christian/muslim thing.You people in the core north make it seem that way.  And you said the north supported GEJ in the Yaradua saga? These people went through all kinds of lies and nonsense that embarrassed nigerians all over the world to try and stop GEJ from getting the presidential seat. We all know Yaradua died last year and his death was only just announced this year you greed bigots. And just like the Imams in the north they tell you that all southerners are infidels, yorubas and igbos. Look just go your way you northerners will do well.Your leaders are the ones calling for chaos not us.

Reading your reply one would think you had hot Egba in your mouth,lol!, but seriously so the northerners that went for GEJ declaration went there in body only, man you can think better than that, furthermore you showed your Sagacity in understanding simple English, as I said clearly you and your Cohorts do not even understand your neighbor--the northerners-- next door yet you said I brought religion into the Discussion, man I wonder whether you read by approximation not word for word, Furthermore you showed how sincere you are, as the senate that made GEJ the acting President is only composed of Sourtherners, man I clap for your "Intelligence" , as the senate is composed of both Northern and Southern people and they Voted in Unison to make GEJ  acting President yet your Heart is so Jaundiced that all the Northerners ganged up together and furstrated GEJ till Yar'adua death,even while they where Northerners that vioced their opposition to the way the Yar'dua saga was being handled, again only a fool will think you can become president without any part of the north supporting you,yet they are many Northern gorvonors who actively Support GEJ, and other Politicians also give him their support whether it is out of their greed or not --they give him Support, you said all their Imams call Southerners infidels, is that what you grandfather told you? coz it is false as the Sultan of Sokoto Prayed behind a Yoruba Imam, if that was how  they viewd things the emir would have stayed far and again this same sultan has been in contact with kings from other parts of the country notably meeting Igwes in the south, You can believe what you want to as I have come accross men with more foolish opinion than yours, as all this deep seated hatred against
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
vedaxcool:

Reading your reply one would think you had hot Egba in your mouth,lol!, but seriously so the northerners that went for GEJ declaration went there in body only, man you can think better than that, furthermore you showed your Sagacity in understanding simple English, as I said clearly you and your Cohorts do not even understand your neighbor--the northerners-- next door yet you said I brought religion into the Discussion, man I wonder whether you read by approximation not word for word, Furthermore you showed how sincere you are, as the senate that made GEJ the acting President is only composed of Sourtherners, man I clap for your "Intelligence" , as the senate is composed of both Northern and Southern people and they Voted in Unison to make GEJ  acting President yet your Heart is so Jaundiced that all the Northerners ganged up together and furstrated GEJ till Yar'adua death,even while they where Northerners that vioced their opposition to the way the Yar'dua saga was being handled, again only a fool will think you can become president without any part of the north supporting you,yet they are many Northern gorvonors who actively Support GEJ, and other Politicians also give him their support whether it is out of their greed or not --they give him Support, you said all their Imams call Southerners infidels, is that what you grandfather told you? coz it is false as the Sultan of Sokoto Prayed behind a Yoruba Imam, if that was how  they viewd things the emir would have stayed far and again this same sultan has been in contact with kings from other parts of the country notably meeting Igwes in the south, You can believe what you want to as I have come accross men with more foolish opinion than yours, as all this deep seated hatred against

Look, All hail Arewa Republic!!!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
vedaxcool:

Reading your reply one would think you had hot Egba in your mouth,lol!, but seriously so the northerners that went for GEJ declaration went there in body only, man you can think better than that, furthermore you showed your Sagacity in understanding simple English, as I said clearly you and your Cohorts do not even understand your neighbor--the northerners-- next door yet you said I brought religion into the Discussion, man I wonder whether you read by approximation not word for word, Furthermore you showed how sincere you are, as the senate that made GEJ the acting President is only composed of Sourtherners, man I clap for your "Intelligence" , as the senate is composed of both Northern and Southern people and they Voted in Unison to make GEJ acting President yet your Heart is so Jaundiced that all the Northerners ganged up together and furstrated GEJ till Yar'adua death,even while they where Northerners that vioced their opposition to the way the Yar'dua saga was being handled, again only a fool will think you can become president without any part of the north supporting you,yet they are many Northern gorvonors who actively Support GEJ, and other Politicians also give him their support whether it is out of their greed or not --they give him Support, you said all their Imams call Southerners infidels, is that what you grandfather told you? coz it is false as the Sultan of Sokoto Prayed behind a Yoruba Imam, if that was how they viewd things the emir would have stayed far and again this same sultan has been in contact with kings from other parts of the country notably meeting Igwes in the south, You can believe what you want to as I have come accross men with more foolish opinion than yours, as all this deep seated hatred against

Dude, you might not have noticed, but we know the difference between North and core North. You either don't know the difference, or you are just confused.
If the core North says they want to leave, then we say bye to them! What is all the senate and governor stuff about? Are all Northern politicians from the core North?
Re: Can The North Secede? by MaziUche0(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
ibibiogrl:

.   Am from the South-South and yes we have always wanted to Secede!

We don't find many Ibibios in this part. How far? I am half Ibibio. . . Do you speak Ibibio.
Re: Can The North Secede? by opribo(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
They will be like their brothers in Niger and Mali
Re: Can The North Secede? by seanet02: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
another CHAD republic is coming
Re: Can The North Secede? by phantom(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
interesting, why wont they survive when hunger would stare them in the face.
Re: Can The North Secede? by eroticme: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2010
Every Nigerian citizen has the right to aspire to be President of Nigeria if they so Wish. If the core north isn't comfortable with GEJ's ambition, they can secede if they so wish! Guess what: if they secede they wouldnt have to make a power zoning formular and they would never again face the humilation of being ruled by an infidel. Am in no mood to speculate thier survival or non survival. Its (survival) thier (core north) problem not mine, let then deal with it.
Re: Can The North Secede? by kakshi123: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
phantom:

interesting, why wont they survive when hunger would stare them in the face.

grin grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by udezue(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
erotic_me:

Every Nigerian citizen has the right to aspire to be President of Nigeria if they so Wish. If the core north isn't comfortable with GEJ's ambition, they can secede if they so wish! Guess what: if they secede they wouldnt have to make a power zoning formular and they would never again face the humilation of being ruled by an infidel. Am in no mood to speculate thier survival or non survival. Its (survival) thier (core north) problem not mine, let then deal with it.

GBAM
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
After five pages of spewing some sensible and loads of guttar trash-   Milllion dollar question

What will you suya loving grin aboki haters do if a northerner is sworn in come May 2011
Re: Can The North Secede? by daylae(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
Is there any aboki in the house to represent? Hardly is anyone on nairaland.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Lemme guess

SECEDE
Re: Can The North Secede? by MShittu: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2010
I will be the aboki representative here tongue
The north can secede
But it will not
It is as simple as that
Re: Can The North Secede? by 123papas(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,
Please we should avoid pdp governance like plaque becos Jonathan cannot rule alone. They are only different in tribes but have thé same motives. Nothing has changed in Nigeria since 1960. The change we néed is Ribadu, i can only say ds on nairaland but not outside in ph becos the nigerdeltans like the northeners are warring tribes, dont forget. Just try sha
Re: Can The North Secede? by naijaswag1: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
Over the blood of all those gallant men who lost their lives in the Nigerian-Biafran war.The North cannot secede.Nigeria must, I emphasize must remain united.I am ready to take up arms today to support this cause of Nigeria unity.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Goldenmeda(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
whether nooth or south, east or west any 1, lets go dere 2011
Re: Can The North Secede? by jason12345: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
naija_swag:

Over the blood of all those gallant men who lost their lives in the Nigerian-Biafran war.The North cannot secede.Nigeria must, I emphasize must remain united.I am ready to take up arms today to support this cause of Nigeria unity.
me too we must be together by the grace of God and God will direct us aright
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
Another million dollar question

Where would be the new capital of southern nigeria if the North secedes?

Aba,Yenogoa,Asaba, Ibadan or Lagos
Re: Can The North Secede? by GAR3TH(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^^abuja will be the capital

anyway its dumb threads like these that makes nairaland a joke of a website.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
Third question of the million dollar series

Which tribe will be the first to rule the new southern Nigeria

Ijaws,Ibibio,Kalabari, Itshekiri's if Ibo's would ever allow them smell am, abi youruba man will ever allow an Ibo man to rule over him, talk less of south south

come to think of it, excluding Yorubaland(western Nigeria) that new nation of southern Nigeria would be Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Supporters Protest, Block Ondo Assembly / Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo / Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.