Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,385 members, 7,913,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:12 PM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9862 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
naija_swag:

Over the blood of all those gallant men who lost their lives in the Nigerian-Biafran war.The North cannot secede.Nigeria must, I emphasize must remain united.I am ready to take up arms today to support this cause of Nigeria unity.

Then take up your arms and head to the core North where they are planning to release Boko Haram and other worthless almajiri's, you're getting late already. angry
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2010
To all the well informed posters here that believe the north would starve or go hungry
I would like to know which part of Nigeria feeds the north

Secession is would be great for the North. The would have to look inwards to develope themselves. They would have to now have time to develope the large deposits of Limestone, Gold, Kaolin, Diamonds(huge deposits in Katsina), bauxite, baryte, bentonite,iron ore  deposits and loads of more solid minerals available under their desert encroached land.

And it would also free the North of those noisey Yoruba Yoruba's, far away from desperate,back stabbing money by all means Ibo's and lastly of all the booze guzzling, whoring, good for nothing south south.

Love to see how they would  share their  Oyel money with the Ibo's or Yoruba's

It would be a classic, watched from above
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
^
That is why we are begging and praying that they take up their foolish threat and leave Nigeria, where they are currently parasites and almajiri's.
Let them learn that it is possible to make a living without begging or stealing. Amen!

M16:

Third question of the million dollar series

Which tribe will be the first to rule the new southern Nigeria

Ijaws,Ibibio,Kalabari, Itshekiri's if Ibo's would ever allow them smell am, abi youruba man will ever allow an Ibo man to rule over him, talk less of south south

come to think of it, excluding Yorubaland(western Nigeria) that new nation of southern Nigeria would be Biafra

When the main opposers of true federalism are gone, guess what the new system of govt will be? cool
The centre will be so weak that it won't be worth the fight; political tribalism will simply follow the core North into the desert.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
If you can do without beaf,onions,potatoes,oranges,mangoes,tomatoes, pepper,tatase,yam, even your ordinary groundnut, then  lets see
remember when trucks of foodstuff stopped coming to lagos

Na hungry go kill southern Nigeria ooooh
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

If you can do without beaf,onions,potatoes,oranges,mangoes,tomatoes, pepper,tatase,yam, even your ordinary groundnut, then lets see
remember when trucks of foodstuff stopped coming to lagos

Na hungry go kill southern Nigeria ooooh

What stops such foodstuff coming in from Benin Republic or Cameroon, especially if we make oil a bit cheaper for them?

The core Northern elite have nothing to offer, but almajiri's and Bojo Haram. After ruling the country for 39 of our 50 years, the region is still blighted with shocking levels of illiteracy, poverty, diseases that have been eradicated in all other parts of the World (polio), child marriages (average marriage age for girls is 13 in areas like Kebbi). . . I could go on about the daftness of leaders from that area.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2010
Care-Taker

The amount of ignorance that comes out of your mouth is alarming.

Well, they hate to see the balance of power that is going to be the case after GEAJ's tenure, they hate fairness, they hate equity, they hate equality, they hate democracy, they hate progress,they hate prosperity,they hate success, they hate good, they hate right, they hate justice. they are haters, they hate the south
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last time I checked most Nigerian portrayed these characteristics which you "claim" is portrayed by the North. Seems to me like you are the type who ascribes blame to others in order to avoid facing realities of life. Sounds to me like your the one with a lot of hate and rancor. I hope you can find inner peace within yourself.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
@M16

The bulk of foodstuff comes from Benue, Plateau and Adamawa anyway, none of which is the core North or a Hausa Fulani state. They are all Middle Belt.

Now tell me, what grows in the core North?
Nothing? grin grin grin grin
Abi you tink say we de eat millet? So, if anybody threaten to fck off, they can simply fck off and the rest of us will clap for them and throw a feast. I can bet you that day will be commemorated as remembrance day.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
When the main opposers of true federalism are gone, guess what the new system of govt will be? Cool
The centre will be so weak that it won't be worth the fight; political tribalism will simply follow the core North into the desert.

Lmao. guy you are so naive or full of intelligence that it blinds you. Which center would remainn. it would pieces or crumbs

After the Ibo's have decimated and run over the south south and then  squared up with the yoruba's

it would be the fastest disintegration of a country ever witnessed
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
Everyone comes here highlighting problems with the North like thats whats wrong with Nigeria.

Last time I checked, alot of the corrupt leaders are from all parts of Nigeria, OBJ is not from the North. Do you think if the east and west are divided, it will make them free of all their problems. I certainly think not.

Not all countries in the world have oil, as a matter of fact, only a handful of countries in the world have oil. The rest of them still make it without oil. Im alarmed by people's shortsightedness on here. I guess that's why Nigeria isn't really progressing.

Instead of addressing our problems, we like to blame others as we typically do. Nigerian way of doing things.

If you come on here with so much hate an anger, get off your back side and do something for your community or state, instead of being on here complaining. Most people cannot even stand up to their local councilors and chairman, yet they come on here crying.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
Who are this WE you talk about. yoruba's?? , Ibo's, Efik's, Ibibio's, Anang, Kalabari, Ijaw's,Urhobo or is it Itheskiri's. abi na Ogoni  
Please educate us. which youruba man wants to live with an ibo man or vice versa. let even go down to the so called minority. does the Ikwerre man want to be ruled by Ijaw's or kalabari's

Last time i looked at map of Nigeria  [b]Adamawa,Plateau,Benue [/b]were still part of Northern Nigeria
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Everyone comes here highlighting problems with the North like thats whats wrong with Nigeria.

Last time I checked, alot of the corrupt leaders are from all parts of Nigeria, OBJ is not from the North. Do you think if the east and west are divided, it will make them free of all their problems. I certainly think not.

Not all countries in the world have oil, as a matter of fact, only a handful of countries in the world have oil. The rest of them still make it without oil. Im alarmed by people's shortsightedness on here. I guess that's why Nigeria isn't really progressing.

Instead of addressing our problems, we like to blame others as we typically do. Nigerian way of doing things.

If you come on here with so much hate an anger, get off your back side and do something for your community or state, instead of being on here complaining. Most people cannot even stand up to their local councilors and chairman, yet they come on here crying.
this is the second post i admire today.thumbs up !
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Dude, address your leaders who have ruled for 39 of our 50 years first, then come back. Do you know what it means to rule for 80% of a country's lifetime and think you can somehow share the blame for failure with others?
Dude, the failure of your leaders is stark and visible in the decay up North. Have you sat down to ask yourself why the area that has ruled Nigeria for 80% of her existence is the only area to produce Maitatsine's, Boko Harams, Kala Kato's and other fcked up crowds that kill their fellow Nigerian guests for the price of a loaf of bread?
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
LMAO @ beaf.  cheesy
you are really tooo intelligent. Adamawa is not fulani. WTF .Jeez you must posses an A1 in geography . Wow Admiral Muritala Nyako(governor of Adamawa), Adamu Atiku, Bamanga Tukur, Buba Marwa must be efik's or closet light skinned ijaw's

I laff in fulfulde
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

LMAO @ beaf. cheesy
you are really tooo intelligent. Adamawa is not fulani. WTF .Jeez you must posses an A1 in geography . Wow Admiral Muritala Nyako(governor of Adamawa), Adamu Atiku, Bamanga Tukur, Buba Marwa must be efik's or closet light skinned ijaw's

I laff in fulfulde

They've got some Fulani, but those ones will be cut off and sent to the core Northern states. Even Kwara has Fulani too, buts that the beauty of the invention called motorised transport.
As soon as their brothers declare their secession, we will put them on lorries headed for their homes, no free launches.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf ignorantly says "I could go on about the daftness of leaders from that area."

Yeah and your leaders are perfect, not corrupt and God-fearing? Don't deceive you're self, you are Nigerian.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
I don't think M16 is a northerner.
I think he is some southern Nigerian freak scared about Nigeria's disintegration. I've seen a lot of those types of people in the west. I suspect he is a westerner, because they like using fear to make a point. A true northerner would not waste time trying to prove to anyone that the south will fail. He would spend more time proving that the north will succeed.

I can see past M16.

He is TYPICAL.  cool
Re: Can The North Secede? by bankol18(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2010
If they secede Igbos would definitely miss them more cry
Re: Can The North Secede? by jmoore(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
Nigeria will remain one! I wonder how people keep thinking that one part will break away. I am an Igbo man and Nigeria will continue to be one, come rain! come sun!
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Beaf ignorantly says "I could go on about the daftness of leaders from that area."

Yeah and your leaders are perfect, not corrupt and God-fearing? Don't deceive you're self, you are Nigerian.

Dude, our leaders on this side can be as daft and as corrupt as Anini, but they are not foolish enough to threaten secession like yours are doing. They aren't foolish enough to threaten to unleash Boko Haram as yours are doing either. Can't you see the difference?

In the meantime, all we are saying is, if they try Boko Haram; it will be forcibly put down. If they try war, they won't last a week; afterall weapons cost money and all thats there is sand. If they try secession, we will celebrate, clap for them, help them pack, kiss their kids goodbye and mark that day for remembrance.

1 Like

Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf maybe your problem is that you keep dwelling on the past. If you had a bad relationship, you can either dwell on it like a wimp or move on.

Even the Western World which im sure you are enamored with has had it's history and ills, the only difference is that they are light years ahead of use so they experience these problems centuries ago.

Presently, corruption is an epidemic in Nigeria, from the low level to the highest level of government so it's a Nigerian issue which has become innate.

The north has its own problems, some of which you previously mentioned. But can you honestly say that the South and East don't have any problems? As a matter of fact, I'm probably safer in some parts of Kaduna or Kano as compared to being in alot of eastern states.

You choose to see what you only want to see.

I don't think you can blame a region or tribe for Military rule or dictatorship.

It's like blaming the tribe or region of Mubuto, Idi Amin or Mugabe for their countries problems.

If after all these years you fail to see that the problems of Nigeria are deep rooted, then you really do have issues.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
^
You are so funny, did your leaders threaten secession sometime in the past or was it just last week?
Are you even current with what is going on around you?

As for thinking I can't blame a particular area (core North) for the failures of todays Nigeria, then thats got to be the funniest joke ever.
To make it even worse, their fcking elite decide to threaten secession. Should we cry?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ah so Beaf they threaten secession. I see. How many threats have been made this week alone by Individuals,

Since when did we take anything Nigerians say serious. Most of the time we Nigerians are all talk. Problem is that we easily fall for this. IF they had pictures showing them having meetings or making plans, maybe I will it the least bit of my attention.

You should know tsk tsk tsk,

Oh well,

Like they said, politics is a dirty game.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
Oh yeah you're absolutely right, it's all the fault of the North.

Maybe people can sleep better and get a life since it has finally been decided.

If I must add, the level of Ignorance on here shows whats wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Quitestorm(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Look at all these losers,plotting.Pathetic people.We are here to stay.Cry and die.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
Adamawa, Kwara don't have some fulani's. Adamwa's population is majority fulani. And who ever told you that the yoruba's in kwara want to be with your ilk's or the minority tribes in adamawa.

You are either deluded or completely full of hot air. Please i ask once again who is this WE[/b]you talk about. At least you can talk of united north, which you will soon see in action during election. that which never exists in the south

I want to boldly ask all the youruba's on this forum. Do you want to live and be ruled by the Ibo's. or whether the south south wants to be ruled by the Ibo's

So where is the so called unity or [b]WE
you keep talking bout
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
^
Don't worry about "we," just secede and watch from the sidelines. If you are wise, you will be begging your leaders not to keep making empty threats, cos we will dare them to carry out their threats. Seen?
Nobody begs a parasite not to leave and your leaders are parasites.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
There was no where the North or northerners talked bout seceding. the poster asked a question which was a bit mischevious. and behold the sewer was opened
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
Self appointed spokeman of Southern Nigeria. Nigerians know Northerners don't make Noise like some people. they are more of a doing people
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

There was no where the North or northerners talked bout seceding. the poster asked a question which was a bit mischevious. and behold the sewer was opened

You obviously haven't been following the news. Why do you think Jonathan initially cancelled his UN meeting to deal with security problems at home? You think it is because he forgot to take something from Bayelsa or what?

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
Leaders like Alams, Timpreye Sylva, Goodluck(that ugly toad).Northerners ruled for 38 yrs, but did they rule alone.South south leaders are rogues and have been messed up. blame the nincompops that have been fleecing and selling you out. cause when they want power they come to the North on there knees.

Like Goodluck has been doing
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

Self appointed spokeman of Southern Nigeria. Nigerians know Northerners don't make Noise like some people. they are more of a doing people

So why is that bunch of "elders" going around screaming like little girls in a playground?
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2010
Goodluck is a scared chicken. he will shit in his pants if he sees his shadows. I thot secession was the right of the south south and co

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Nigerian Senator Sleeping Or Meditating On Duty? (photo) / PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers / 2023 General Elections: Use Of Dogs, Other Pets At Polling Units Criminal - NPF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.