Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,925 members, 7,969,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:01 PM

ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English - Education (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English (107949 Views)

Kids Will Learn ABC This Way, If This Generation Is Not Careful / Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / Most Annoying Common Grammatical Errors In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2010
POSER.

Thick of/at hearing.

Hard of hearing.

Which one?
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2010
Incorrect: She's too beautiful.

Correct: She's very beautiful.

'Beauty' can not be more than necessary because that's what 'too' indicates.

Except . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Odunnu: 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2010
Hard of hearing is correct.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2010
That's my Odunnu.

Correct.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Odunnu: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2010
Merry Xmas
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2010
Harmvirus:

Do you know that
a group of owls is known as parliament.
A group of ravens is known as an unkindness
a group of crows is known as murder.
A group of larks is known as exaltation.

Good one! I will google to know those animals.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Busybody2(f): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
stevetboy9:

Thought someone earlier wrote that she won't visit this thread again; [size=14pt]whatever happened to keeping to one's words?[/size]

POSER

Did stevetboy9 have to use the preposition "to" as a modifier to spoil that beautiful idiom, in the paragraph above? Shouldn't it simply be "keeping one's word grin

[s]Me and you stevetboy don enter one nika for this obodo Nairaland, you don r'ogo lai de Cele Church cheesy tongue[/s]
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Odunnu: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
You like quarell pass fight.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by slap1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
Odunnu:

You like quarell pass fight.
Lol, isn't that better than having it the other way? **YOUR NEW SIGGY'S TIGHT. ME LIKEY!**
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Odunnu: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
Lol,thats how my people say it sha.
Thnx,i mean abt my siggy. Merry Xmas
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Odunnu: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
Lol,thats how my people say it sha.
Thnx,i mean abt my siggy. Merry Xmas
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by slap1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2010
Odunnu:

Merry Xmas

You too, in advance!
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
Do you think POPULAR & FAMOUS? If not can some differenciate it to me.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2010
Do you think POPULAR & FAMOUS are the same? If not can some differenciate it to me.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by slap1(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
kolly4luv:

Do you think POPULAR & FAMOUS are the same? If not can some differenciate it to me.
Differentiate: popular- m.reference.com/d/search.html?q=Popular , famous-
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by slap1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
m.reference.com/d/search.html?q=Famous
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Wayne4uall(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
u guys ar really doin a great job, keep it up, guys which one is d correct form, when did u came back or when did u come back
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
^ "when did you COME back" is the ans
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
thanks for the correction guy!
FAMOUS: to be known by a lot of people.
POPULAR: to be liked by a lot of people.
slap1:

Differentiate: popular- m.reference.com/d/search.html?q=Popular , famous-
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Kingsonly: 4:15am On Dec 22, 2010
A fan page would be set up by they first of nest year as a new year gift to Nigerian student,this page would not be as other fanpage that do not have daily update it would be updated every day,it would bring to your door step hotest news and event all around the unis in Nigeria, provide you with links that will aid in your reseach and also it is going to have a connection with a blog that would be set up by the admin of they fan page,this is to enable you get the news in details, and they admin hopes to have a personal relationship with his fellow Nigerian student,and lot more (for more info visit this blog www.thkingsonly..com)this page and this blog will work hand in hand to give you something that would look like an online news paper,pls be a part of this life changing project that will kick of next year,let your voice be heard all around Nigeria,they future is in our hands
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by slap1(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2010
kolly4luv:

thanks for the correction guy!
FAMOUS: to be known by a lot of people.
POPULAR: to be liked by a lot of people.

You're welcome. I was lazy when I gave that link, I should have explained it myself. I'm glad you're cleared.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2010
someone should correct this sentence: I NEED TO EAT A MEAT PIE
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by kolly4luv(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2010
someone should correct this sentence: I NEED TO EAT A MEAT PIE
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Iwuugwu: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2010
University of Leeds UK, International Scholarship.

Hurry!! while it lasts.

http://german-scholarship..com/2010/12/9-fully-funded-international-research.html
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2010
BUSY BODY indeed! Thanks for the correction
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by Busybody2(f): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
stevetboy9:

BUSY BODY indeed! Thanks for the correction

Awww, you are a good sport, I like you already cheesy Shey you will be my best friend in class instead of that efiko Slap1, the teacher's pet tongue Oya help me convince Professor Ola Olabiy to re-enrol me back in the school, please tongue [s]Unless you want me to lie and rope him in on some embezzlement charges e.g. that he has done a runner since I paid him my School fees cheesy[/s]
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
Busy_body:

Awww, you are a good sport, I like you already cheesy Shey you will be my best friend in class instead of that efiko Slap1, the teacher's pet tongue Oya help me convince Professor Ola Olabiy to re-enrol me back in the school, please tongue [s]Unless you want me to lie and rope him in on some embezzlement charges e.g. that he has done a runner since I paid him my School fees cheesy[/s]

OK. No enrolment if u no grace my temple wink wink wink

Odunnu said: you like quarell pass fight.

Hehe. Slap1 no dey fight sha.

Adedayo and gbogbo ile, merry xmas.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by denzel2009: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
ola olabiy:

OK. No enrolment if u no grace my temple wink wink wink

Odunnu said: you like quarell pass fight.

Hehe. Slap1 no dey fight sha.

Adedayo and gbogbo ile, merry xmas.

Wish you the same Mr.Oladapo
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2010
Kai Denzel. Abeg, delete am.

Mo gbe.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
Seun, how do I change my username?

I trust my Seun sha.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
Just inbox me, Seun.
Re: ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English by olaolabiy: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
smiley wink cheesy grin

Merry Xmassssssssss. kiss tongue cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (72) (Reply)

What Number Comes After Trillion? See The Name Of The World Largest Numbers / Ilaro Polytechnic Suspends Adegboye Olatunji, SUG President Over Cultism / Bnaira: Former UNILAG's Richest Boy (Then Vs Now Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.