Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,107 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:36 PM

Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank (18538 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Nigeria’s Economy Outlook Growing, Says World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by nduchucks: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

You asked for solutions, I gave you a detailed breakdown but you failed to respond? Is it because you are afraid of the ideas to deal with looters?

grin grin grin

You provided some great ideas and potential solutions, I like most of them.  If I didn't know any better I'd say that you have ESP because your idea about how to deal with looters or corrupt officials, as you put it, is impractical.

You suggested the following:
4. Seize the assets of all corrupt govt. officials and their cronies and fronts
5. Short jail sentences for all corrupt officials; they shouldn't have to feed of our resources.

These ideas are dead on arrival. As a practical matter, it is impossible to find any top government official who is not corrupt – truth be told (duk barawo ne). By the time you lock them all up, there will be no one left to run the government!  A more realistic approach is to allow them to keep a substantial amount of their assets and agree to stay out of politics for ever, in return for freedom.

By the way, why did you assume that I'd be more interested in your idea of how to deal with the looters than in other solutions? Abi you think say I be looter ni?
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by redsun(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2011
Life is mathematica,just find d formular then u solve d problem.We live in a world of relative realities b ased on opiniions.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

You are definitely from my school of thought. I mean my ancestors were cooking up chemical reactions before pasteur! Ever been to an Onisegun before cheesy

Jokes apart, it can be done. If the will is there, how come the Japanese and Chinese have a word for every chemical even the ones they didnt discover? Or is "oxygen" spelt that way in Chinese?

The main concern is expense, not so much "will." Like, who would pay to develop and maintain this material? It wouldn't be cheap. Also to some extent locks you out of existing research and resources available in the West.

I don't mind promoting language/culture, but not in expensive ways that duplicate the wheel.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by redsun(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2011
Respective and collective opinions
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Katsumoto: 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You provided some great ideas and potential solutions, I like most of them.  If I didn't know any better I'd say that you have ESP because your idea about how to deal with looters or corrupt officials, as you put it, is impractical.

You suggested the following:
4. Seize the assets of all corrupt govt. officials and their cronies and fronts
5. Short jail sentences for all corrupt officials; they shouldn't have to feed of our resources.

These ideas are dead on arrival. As a practical matter, it is impossible to find any top government official who is not corrupt – truth be told (duk barawo ne). By the time you lock them all up, there will be no one left to run the government!  A more realistic approach is to allow them to keep a substantial amount of their assets and agree to stay out of politics for ever, in return for freedom.

By the way, why did you assume that I'd be more interested in your idea of how to deal with the looters than in other solutions? Abi you think say I be looter ni?

There are approximately 150m Nigerians; those that have looted this country are not up to 1 million. I am sure we can find more citizens who happen to be more competent that the current and past bunch. You don't have to lock them all up but certainly lock up the more brazen and greedy ones amongst them. Why would we negotiate with them? What leverage do they have? Seizing their assets and locking some up will serve as a deterrent to those coming in. Also new officials who turn out to be corrupt wont be able to argue precedence if you don't pardon these looters.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by fstranger1: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

The main concern is expense, not so much "will." Like, who would pay to develop and maintain this material?

Which one is more expensive? Educating a few while making many unproductive or Educating as much as possible in their native language with the additional value of exploiting their inventiveness which would invariably increase their productivity and the GDP of the whole populace, not to talk about  how it would strengthen governance by ensuring full participatory democracy

It wouldn't be cheap. Also to some extent locks you out of existing research and resources available in the West.

Do you care to explain how the Asians have been locked out of existing research and resources available in the West? And while you are at it, you may also want to explain how the Americans have always declined any sort of collaboration with the Russians just because they do not speak the same language.

I don't mind promoting language/culture, but not in expensive ways that duplicate the wheel.

I think , in the long term, say 100 yrs from now, not utilizing the full human resources at our disposal, by sticking stubbornly to a rickety wheel that needs constant repair, is more expensive than duplicating a new wheel that would be more durable, more inclusive and might probably last longer.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by jason123: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2011
Its threads like this that makes me feel proud to be a Nigerian by parental origin, it makes me feel that there is still hope for the nation. How I wish the government listens to his people sad. We have to fix this country. We are the next generation of rulers (whether we like it or not), some of us have families in the highest places in government. We have to change our orientation and mentality. Corruption can be and will be defeated by our government's decisions and our collective support.  Whether you are Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, isoko, itsekiri, ijaw, kanuri etc, we all have to put our differences aside and build a country that we would all be proud of. Forget northern bashing, all our leaders have collectively contributed to corruption.

I wish you all the best. God bless Nigeria!!!! especially southern Nigeria cheesy wink
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ShangoThor(m): 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

There are approximately 150m Nigerians; those that have looted this country are not up to 1 million. I am sure we can find more citizens who happen to be more competent that the current and past bunch. You don't have to lock them all up but certainly lock up the more brazen and greedy ones amongst them. Why would we negotiate with them? What leverage do they have? Seizing their assets and locking some up will serve as a deterrent to those coming in. Also new officials who turn out to be corrupt wont be able to argue precedence if you don't pardon these looters.

[size=18pt]Same point I reiterate ,  even though its a hot potato that Nigerians hate addressing it.[/size]

IBB, a known looter and poised for running for the office of president,
An OBJ govt wouldn't dare arrest him because that move would upset the North/South Schism,  this is a fact

And people are talking about seizeing assets of perpetrators,  understand the nature of the problem

Basically, fix the State and you will fix the problem,
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Kilode1: 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

The main concern is expense, not so much "will." Like, who would pay to develop and maintain this material? It wouldn't be cheap. Also to some extent locks you out of existing research and resources available in the West.

Which one is costlier? Have you done a cost benefit analysis? Do you know how much we've spent on maintaining the burden of European subjugation in the last 700 years? In human, material, social, spiritual, cultural, and psychological resources?

Cost that, then let's assess which one is cheaper. To continue with a failed system that currently shortchanges my people or make the necessary investments and sacrifices? yes costly, but compared to what?
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by redsun(m): 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2011
Abacha's crime family is refusing to give back nigeria's stolen millions yet d 2nd in command wants to be d governor of kano
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by redsun(m): 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ain't nigeria really sick?Ain't corruption stupefyng?
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Beaf: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

And we can always "subjugate" the smaller ethnicities, the Oyinbos did it to us now. . . wink

It is this sort of lazy thinking that has got us where we are. We have a unitary system that has attempted to subjugate minorities, but failed woefully; the result of those attempts are what we feel today as rampant ethnic bigotry and corruption. in more recent times, we have seen the addition of religion and amongst the wired elite, a brand new division called "diasporans."

These are all symptoms of a deeper malaise. Simply put, the Nigerian does not feel a sense of belonging. We are amazed at how far certain other countries would go to defend their citizens for the smallest crimes in foreign lands, we are equally amazed at how patriotic foreigners from these can be.

Why is this. To me the answers are simple and obvious. Unlike what obtains in modern countries, our government is more like a feudal lord than a representative, carer and arbiter for the people.
We live (not belong) in a country whose structure does not define the following:

[list]
[li]the relationship between citizen and state. Such a definition would answer the following questions: What are the states responsibilities toward me and what are my reciprocal responsibilities? Why should I care?[/li]
[li]ethnic part in the Nigerian structure, etnic input and relations to national wellbeing and building. Like the individual, all ethnicities must be equal[/li]
[li]how accountability can be measured or maintained[/li]
[li]indegenious rights, land ownership and natural resources[/li]
[li]revenue generation and fiscal structure[/li]
[li]intellectual rights, business rights and bureaucracratic structure[/li]
[li]NATIONAL IDEOLOGY[/li]
[/list]

Defining the above is the only way to escape the chaos and feudalism that breed corruption, lack of love and caring, hopelessness, and the lack of self belief and determination that continue to plague Nigeria and drag us deeper into the cesspit.
Corruption is not Nigeria's problem, structure is. The way to fix things is to opt for true federalism, with that will come a definition for every single point in the list above.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2011
@fstranger and @Kilode?!:

Well, let's talk concretely. Would it be really better to switch say K-12 math education away from English to indigenous language X? Is the end result a higher quality math education for students? I don't really think you gain anything, education-wise. It isn't like Nigerians are struggling to learn math because it is taught in English, is it?

Like, would one really be able to learn addition/pre-algebra/geometry/calculus/etc more easily in Yoruba than English?

So you expend a lot of resources changing the curriculum over with no gain. And arguably there is a loss; any fruits of the mathematics research in language X are difficult to share with others (think of all the excellent work developed in Soviet math/science journals that we were not able to access in the West due to language issues.)
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
double
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Kilode1: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2011
Beaf:

It is this sort of lazy thinking that has got us where we are.

Bro, That was a tongue in cheek comment I'm sure you saw the wink emoticon and read my clarifications. You know I stand by my Niger Delta people anyday!  cheesy
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Kilode1: 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger and @Kilode?!:

Well, let's talk concretely. Would it be really better to switch say K-12 math education away from English to indigenous language X? Is the end result a higher quality math education for students? I don't really think you gain anything, education-wise. It isn't like Nigerians are struggling to learn math because it is taught in English, is it?

Like, would one really be able to learn addition/pre-algebra/geometry/calculus/etc more easily in Yoruba than English?

So you expend a lot of resources changing the curriculum over with no gain. And arguably there is a loss; any fruits of the mathematics research in language X are difficult to share with others (think of all the excellent work developed in Soviet math/science journals that we were not able to access in the West due to language issues.)

You are making a lot of assumptions for someone who grew up in a different culture speaking English as a first language. If they had taught me calculus and physics in Yoruba I can bet I will be way better that I was in those courses. Speaking for myself.

You probably don't understand the disadvantages if navigating two languages at the same time, especially when you are dealing with difficult concepts, we know speaking more than one language will probably make you smarter, one reason I always doff my hat for African and Asian immigrant students who excel in foreign schools -Not speaking about 2nd or 3rd generations like you Eku_bear wink - but at what cost?

Speaking broadly, I believe the world is definitely poorer because of the suppression of African ideas and philosophies. You can imagine how much poorer we are because of that.

Not being able to access Russian ideas is the west's loss, why should I worry about what they will lose?!! Russian used their ingenuity to send man to space before Americans, they built industries and expanded the frontier of knowledge,

English speaking people had to pay the price to translate and learn that, the same way we pay to learn theirs, that is their call, that is their headache. I don't need to bother myself about that. We can trade knowledge but Shame of me if I have to worry about their needs before mine. Tufiakwa!

Got to go for now, need to see to some other responsibilities. Hopefully thread will still be alive when I return.
Edit: additional comments.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by fstranger1: 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

You are making a lot of assumptions for someone who grew up in a different culture speaking English as a first language. If they had taught me calculus and physics in Yoruba I can bet I will be way better that I was in those courses. Speaking for myself.

You probably don't understand the disadvantages if navigating two languages at the same time, especially when you are dealing with difficult concepts, we know speaking more than one language will probably make you smarter, one reason I always doff my hat for African and Asian immigrant students who excel in foreign schools -Not speaking about 2nd or 3rd generations like you Eku_bear wink - but at what cost?

Speaking broadly, I believe the world is definitely poorer because of the suppression of African ideas and philosophies. You can imagine how much poorer we are because of that.

I totally approve this message

I understand eku_Bear's apprehension on this matter; He is looking out for himself and the privileged few like him.

Eku doesnt seem to care about the welfare of the million's of others left behind by as long as his needs are satisfied cheesy. "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness" grin
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Kilode1: 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2011
^^ had to come back and second that Warrior!! Creative altruism: touché!
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ShangoThor(m): 12:05am On Jan 23, 2011
Beaf:

Corruption is not Nigeria's problem, structure is. The way to fix things is to opt for true federalism, with that will come a definition for every single point in the list above.

[size=18pt]Beaf is actually bang on the money here,  he mentions 'Structure' of the State , [/size]

However, according to my logical trail of thought, the opposition to true Federalism in Nigeria stems from the
Northern element due to receipts of Oil sales.
I do not believe there is huge opposition to true Federalism amongst the various polities of Southern Nigeria,
hence in order to realise true Federalism Southern Nigeria might have to pursue the option to secede, or accept
that our children will be having this same conversation in 50 years time

Fix the State and you will fix the problem,
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 12:11am On Jan 23, 2011
Kilode?!:

Hmm, ok.

Hmmz. (Btw, I was born in Nigeria and lived there for the first few years of my life, so am technically a 1st gen immigrant myself.)
But it isn't as if most Nigerians in school don't understand English at all, right? Nigerians in school understand/speak English better than I can speak Spanish (for example). But if I for some reason moved to a Spanish-speaking country and had to take a math/history/etc course there (something I strongly contemplated doing in undergrad but never had the time for), I don't think it would be much more difficult. I'd need to put in a bit more effort, but nothing impossible.

Like, it would be difficult to learn material in a language you don't know at all. But one which you have a decent familiarity with? Which you can communicate in to some extent?

Not being able to access Russian ideas is the west's loss, why should I worry about what they will lose?!! Russian used their ingenuity to send man to space before Americans, they built industries and expanded the frontier of knowledge,

English speaking people had to pay the price to translate and learn that, the same way we pay to learn theirs, that is their call, that's is their headache. I don't need to bother myself about that. We can trade knowledge but Shame of me if I have to worry about their needs before mine. Tufiakwa!
Well, my point is that we would be the ones to lose. Suppose Professor X discovered a procedure for solving Problem Y in field Z that will be of great importance to Nigeria in 50 years. He publishes this in some English-language journal. If in that time we've all switched to indigenous language, then the likelihood of us coming across that paper and realizing its significance greatly drops  undecided

This has happened a lot in certain areas of applied math. Someone solves a problem, then discover that some Soviet dude solved the same exact problem in more generality back in the 70s or 80s  undecided

I just don't want to be the one being locked out of the existing body of knowledge the Western world has, wasting time and resources on stuff already known.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by fstranger1: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Hmm, ok.
Hmmz. (Btw, I was born in Nigeria and lived there for the first few years of my life, so am technically a 1st gen immigrant myself.)
But it isn't as if most Nigerians in school don't understand English at all, right? Nigerians in school understand/speak English better than I can speak Spanish (for example). But if I for some reason moved to a Spanish-speaking country and had to take a math/history/etc course there (something I strongly contemplated doing in undergrad but never had the time for), I don't think it would be much more difficult. I'd need to put in a bit more effort, but nothing impossible.

Like, it would be difficult to learn material in a language you don't know at all. But one which you have a decent familiarity with? Which you can communicate in to some extent?
Well, my point is that we would be the ones to lose. Suppose Professor X discovered a procedure for solving Problem Y in field Z that will be of great importance to Nigeria in 50 years. He publishes this in some English-language journal. If in that time we've all switched to indigenous language, then the likelihood of us coming across that paper and realizing its significance greatly drops  undecided

This has happened a lot in certain areas of applied math. Someone solves a problem, then discover that some Soviet dude solved the same exact problem in more generality back in the 70s or 80s  undecided

I just don't want to be the one being locked out of the existing body of knowledge the Western world has, wasting time and resources on stuff already known.

Well you can always translate? No?
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 12:18am On Jan 23, 2011
@fstranger1: How do you know what to translate and what not to? And if you say, "translate everything", well that will cost a lot of resources. The volume of work published these days is enormous. . .
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by cashful(m): 12:19am On Jan 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

Beaf is actually bang on the money here,  he mentions 'Structure' of the State ,

hence in order to realize true Federalism Southern Nigeria might have to pursue the option to secede, or accept
that our children will be having this same conversation in 50 years time

Fix the State and you will fix the problem,

we definitely need a Sovereign National Conference

(not arrangee type)
please lets stop the use of the word ethnic minority(or minorities),

Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by fstranger1: 12:23am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger1: How do you know what to translate and what not to? And if you say, "translate everything", well that will cost a lot of resources. The volume of work published these days is enormous. . .

HAHAHAHAHAh

Machine? software? some sort of new technology that can do it at a manageable cost? No?
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 12:28am On Jan 23, 2011
fstranger1:

HAHAHAHAHAh

Machine? software? some sort of new technology that can do it at a manageable cost? No?

Have you ever tried using machine translation software before? Don't you know how crappy it generally is?

Simply isn't at that level yet, and unclear if it will ever be.

If that breakthrough ever happens, then yes, everybody can learn whatever language they like.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by KaluAkanu: 12:35am On Jan 23, 2011
You cannot actually compare Nigeria with India. Even though India is ethnically diverse as Nigeria, many of India's ethnic groups have a shared history. And not only that, they have a shared religion through Hinduism. Even though some Indians are Muslims and Buddhist. This shared history and religion has allowed the Indian people to have a pluralistic democracy, that still has a corruption, but their democracy is very free.

Nigeria is very different. We do not have a shared history. Our shared history is only through colonialism and the 50 years after colonialism. In addition, we do not have a shared religion either, which is also the bane of our problems as well. Tribalism is rampant in Nigeria, and people only care about their own ethnic groups. I would go even farther to say that a lot of people only care about themselves. This is the sad truth.

Our founding fathers failed to establish a nationalistic Nigerian identity. Herbert Macaulay tried, God rest his soul, followed by, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, but other leaders failed to listen to them. The failures of this generation has set Nigeria up to fail.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by fstranger1: 12:40am On Jan 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Have you ever tried using machine translation software before? Don't you know how crappy it generally is?

There is always some sort of learning curve for every technology. yes, crappy, but you will agree with me that there is plenty of room for improvement.

Simply isn't at that level yet, and unclear if it will ever be.

LOL! Same thing was said about a century ago:Everything that can be invented has been invented.” Those words were written in 1899 by a certain Charles H. Duell, commissioner in the U.S. Patent Office. Now, more than 100 years later, more is being discovered than ever before

Irrespective of your pessimistic view of the future, technology always get better with time.

If that breakthrough ever happens, then yes, everybody can learn whatever language they like.

LOL!
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ekubear1: 12:50am On Jan 23, 2011
Tech gets better with time, but the returns seem to be diminishing. Most of the low-hanging fruit is gone.

Regarding this specific area of machine translation. . . I work in a related area myself. From my conversations with colleagues who are more knowledgeable about the cutting edge in the field, we are still a very long ways away. Effectively what they've been doing is looking for easier smaller problems to solve.

Anyway, I'm not sure it makes sense to hope that tech catches up in making major decisions like this. Don't really want to gamble with the future of your country.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by Princek12(m): 12:54am On Jan 23, 2011
mental laziness is Nigeria's problem.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ShangoThor(m): 1:19am On Jan 23, 2011
[size=18pt]@ cashful, I believe tribalism is for primitive minds[/size]

I never talk about ethic minorities in a derogatory manner.
I wish you luck with your pursuit for a 'Sovereign National Conference', but can we agree on a cut off date, i.e. if
you can't achieve this in the next five years we can start to pursue 'option b', Southern region seccession like
the Southern Sudanese have done?
Shouldn't we let the people ultimately decide? Does this make me a bigot, because
I believe in the 'sovereignty of the people' or 'formulating and implementing a workable solution to our problem?

Talk is cheap, some people talk, and other peole 'act'.

[size=18pt]Fix the State, and you will fix the problem.[/size]
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by alasibanz: 3:23am On Jan 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

[size=18pt]@ cashful, I believe tribalism is for primitive minds[/size]

I never talk about ethic minorities in a derogatory manner.
I wish you luck with your pursuit for a 'Sovereign National Conference', but can we agree on a cut off date, i.e. if
you can't achieve this in the next five years we can start to pursue 'option b', Southern region seccession like
the Southern Sudanese have done?
Shouldn't we let the people ultimately decide? Does this make me a bigot, because
I believe in the 'sovereignty of the people' or 'formulating and implementing a workable solution to our problem?

Talk is cheap, some people talk, and other peole 'act'.

[size=18pt]Fix the State, and you will fix the problem.[/size]

What The Southern Sudan is about to benefit is hardwork of two decades. Millions sacrificed.
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank by ziccoit: 5:06am On Jan 23, 2011
Why should world bank + IMF not say corruption is not Nigeria problem? Who benefits so much from her corruptibility? Whose debt has Nigeria been serviced to the multiples of billion when what Nigeria borrow at initial stage was only millions? The guy is just protecting his organisation business interest.

Solution(s)? There is only one. Let the Nigerians serve the laws of the land not the other way round. PERIOD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ / Filling Station Sealed Over Non-compliance Of New Petrol Price / 24 Hours After New Policy, CBN Injects $371m Into Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.