Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,779 members, 7,915,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five (34467 Views)

Cameroon Invade Nigerian Village, Kill 70 / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Nasarawa Village & Kill Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

Hey, everyone should relax, I've talked to those militants and they've promised to return the Oba unharmed as soon as possible.

LOL. Have fun but do not complain ooo when they return fire!  grin wink
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
Cyborg2011:

Guys you should stop this its over, I keep on saying this, Nigeria is very unique in everything, I don't know why, among world's online forums only in Nairaland you can see this happenings.

I pray the story shouldn't be true.

My northern brother, we dey watch oo whether true or not.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by nwaigbomg(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
i respect the yorubas a lot, we nigerians are lucky to have them in our midst. thanks for their education and rational midset
if it is another ethnic group Nigeria would have been thrown into chaos for this unprovoked and unwarranted assault and insult.

they reason differently from the rest of naija
they act rationaly
they have understanding
they take actions in a mature manner.

yorubas are blessing to Nigeria
thanks for their flair for education

thumb up for naija.

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by EzeUche2(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2011

Peace shall reign when the Yoruba tribalist stop inserting the Igbos into their conflicts. That is the only way.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

/www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4364427/2/istockphoto_4364427-dove-symbol-of-peace-on-earth.jpg[/img]

Peace shall reign when the Yoruba tribalist stop inserting the Igbos into their conflicts. That is the only way.

I pity you!!! grin grin grin grin grin . Who are the tribalist here? Is it the people that do not want to escalate this into a tribal conflict or you that was riling them? Double standards, my brother. grin grin grin .
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by alex101(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is an Igbo man's bravery. And much more than a cowardly group who is always beating their chest, but when a small band of youth invade a town, they lose their oba!  grin

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by EzeUche2(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
jason123:

I pity you!!! grin grin grin grin grin . Who are the tribalist here? Is it the people that do not want to escalate this into a tribal conflict or you that was riling them? Double standards, my brother. grin grin grin .

The tribalist are the ones who inserted another group who has nothing to do with this situation, just for mere fact that they were discussing the issue at hand.

I never seen such fury directed at Igbo posters, by the mere fact of our presence on a thread. And if you look at the first pages, no Igbo was trying to rile your people up. We just wanted to know the next action that your people would take.

You all took it to another level. We just responded with righteous vengeance. It was a JUST cause.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by sbeezy8: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
jason123:

you just realized he has split personality- the other day  he was talkin about how igbos will handle ijaws in the thread about biafra. LOL

hes sick in the head lmfao
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by alex101(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is an Igbo man's bravery. And much more than a cowardly group who is always beating their chest, but when a small band of youth invade a town, they lose their oba!  grin

Chei! Biafran troops of the 60's. Imagine wetin them for be for the 21st century. We for don invade/capture everybody. These Ijaw boys really learnt from our war exploits. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by namfav(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2011
damn the oba is kidnapped, thats ganster
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

The tribalist are the ones who inserted another group who has nothing to do with this situation, just for mere fact that they were discussing the issue at hand.

I never seen such fury directed at Igbo posters, by the mere fact of our presence on a thread. And if you look at the first pages, no Igbo was trying to rile your people up. We just wanted to know the next action that your people would take.

You all took it to another level. We just responded with righteous vengeance. It was a JUST cause.

Okay ooo!  cheesy wink cool . it's no biggie really. It's all jokes and good old riling. Anyway, I know CERTAINLY that they would not harm the Oba of that village. The diplomatic consequence of that would be unimaginable for both sides ( I am not underestimatig any group) and might lead to the eventual spliting of this country. They know that and I hope they are not that stu.pid because if it starts a war, there would be othing like the ND republic/ They would be shared by the Three major groups and their MEND mission woud be defeated.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2011
sbeezy8:

you just realized he has split personality- the other day  he was talkin about how igbos will handle ijaws in the thread about biafra. LOL

hes sick in the head lmfao

I thought it was only me that noticed it. Yet he would be one of the first person to accuse the yorubas of double talking and double standards. SMH. Infact, he gave me his word to stop tribalism and I did the same no matter what people say, just for him to start this same tribalism about 3-5 days ago. SMH grin embarassed
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by alex101(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

Na ordinary practical these brave biafrans dey do O! I think their guns were too loud for the yorubas.

The sound of their gun shots were heard in Lagos. No wonder every time the yorubas will accuse them of trying to invade Lagos during the war.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
namfav:

damn the oba is kidnapped, thats ganster

It is ooo my brother. It is gangster!  grin wink cheesy
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
This is pretty funny. To see all the different ethnic groups on here spewing crap. They kidnapped oba this they kidnapped oba that, its an act of war, blah blah blah, I am not ethnically biased, but i will try to be as objective as possible. I can tell you that a yoruba man will be the last to enter a war, but will be the only survival after the war. If Yoruba were to have an Army on its own, in that army, we wil have hausas, igbo man fighting for us, while we get rich and make sweet love to their women!
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by sbeezy8: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
[size=13pt]sbeezy [/size] >rhymz

Rhymz im da fuckin man everywhere i go be it naija or uk, yankee. if i go to your hometown d ladies will be on my nut.ts.

i got better things to do than be online arguing with a low life like you, you BROKE BIXCH!

cheers wink

NL and most nigerian news = poison no good news EVER at all. tired of the same BS comments

im outtie

jason123:

I thought it was only me that noticed it. Yet he would be one of the first person to accuse the yorubas of double talking and double standards. SMH. Infact, he gave me his word to stop tribalism and I did the same no matter what people say, just for him to start this same tribalism about 3-5 days ago. SMH grin embarassed

NL full of JUNK- thats why i havent been on here Full of BS and BULLSHITTERS

engineerd:

This is pretty funny. To see all the different ethnic groups on here spewing crap. They kidnapped oba this they kidnapped oba that, its an act of war, blah blah blah, I am not ethnically biased, but i will try to be as objective as possible. I can tell you that a yoruba man will be the last to enter a war, but will be the only survival after the war. If Yoruba were to have an Army on its own, in that army, we wil have hausas, igbo man fighting for us, while we get rich and make sweet love to their women!

LOL
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
BY DAYO JOHNSON
AKURE—POLICE in Ondo State have secured the release of Oba Samuel Oyegbemi, abducted by some militant youths in riverine Ijaw community, Iju-Osun, Ondo State.
Last week the militants invaded the town and abducted Oba Oyegbemi, set his palace ablaze, other buildings and allegedly killed five persons.
Speaking with newsmen, Ondo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, PRO, Mr. Aremu Adeniran, said the monarch, was hale and hearty.
Adeniran said a combined team of the anti-riot and regular police officers, deplored in the area, secured the release of the monarch on Saturday.
He said the monarch was in high spirit and was not rough-handled by the Ijaw youths who abducted him after setting his palace and other houses ablaze, during their rampage.
He said nobody had been arrested by the police over the unfortunate development, but confirmed that the command had begun investigation into the matter.
Reports had it that some Militants youths from Ijaw invaded Iju-Osun town in the Irele Local Government Area of Ondo State and burnt the place.
Adeniran, however said only two lives were lost while the palace of the monarch and two other houses were torched.
According to him that the ijaw youths were probably on a revenge mission following the discovery of the body of an ex militants in Iju-Osun, on Thursday.
He said, “Security has been beefed up to avert further loss of life Ikale. Our men are there.
We are making efforts to release the monarch. The man is good. No report of any clash was recorded before the discovery of the corpse of the late monarch in the town”
It was learnt that the invasion of the town by the ex-militants, followed the mysterious death of a middle aged Ijaw man, simply identified as Samuel in the town.
The deceased reportedly hailed from Arogbo Ijaw in Ese odo local government.
A High Chief in the town told reporters on Friday that the militants shot sporadically and later set several houses including the palace of the Olughogho of Iju –Osun, ablaze.
He said residents of neighboring towns like Ajagba, Akotogbo and other villages in the area had also fled their towns in anticipation of possible invasion by aggrieved militants in the Ijaw communities .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/police-secure-release-of-abducted-monarch/

The OBA has been released UNHURT. Where are the so called tribal bashers!
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by lagcity(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
Anybody who calls the Yoruba cowards definitely is not familiar with their history of warfare. I don't think any west African people have fought more wars (civil and foreign) than the yoruba. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Obiagu1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2011
jason123:

LOL. Have fun but do not complain ooo when they return fire! grin wink

No, there's no problem. They'll do as I said.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by EzeUche2(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
jason123:

BY DAYO JOHNSON
AKURE—POLICE in Ondo State have secured the release of Oba Samuel Oyegbemi, abducted by some militant youths in riverine Ijaw community, Iju-Osun, Ondo State.
Last week the militants invaded the town and  abducted  Oba Oyegbemi, set his palace ablaze, other buildings and allegedly killed five persons.
Speaking with newsmen, Ondo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, PRO, Mr. Aremu Adeniran, said the monarch, was hale and hearty.
Adeniran said a combined team of the anti-riot and regular police officers, deplored in the area, secured the release of the monarch on Saturday.
He said the monarch was in high spirit and was not rough-handled by the Ijaw youths who abducted him after setting his palace and other houses ablaze, during their rampage.
He said nobody had been arrested by the police over the unfortunate development, but confirmed that the command had begun  investigation into the matter.
Reports had it that some Militants youths from Ijaw  invaded Iju-Osun town in the Irele Local Government Area of Ondo State and burnt the place.
Adeniran, however said only two lives were lost while the palace of the monarch and two other houses were torched.
According to him  that the ijaw youths were probably on a revenge mission following the discovery of the body of an ex militants in Iju-Osun, on Thursday.
He said, “Security has been beefed up to avert further loss of life Ikale. Our men are there.
We are making efforts to release the monarch. The man is good. No report of any clash was recorded before the discovery of the corpse of the late monarch in the town”
It was learnt that the invasion of the town by the ex-militants, followed the mysterious death of a middle aged Ijaw man, simply identified as Samuel in the town.
The deceased reportedly hailed from Arogbo Ijaw in Ese odo local government.
A High Chief in the town told reporters on Friday that the militants shot sporadically and later set several houses including the palace of the Olughogho of Iju –Osun, ablaze.
He said residents of neighboring towns like Ajagba, Akotogbo and other villages in the area had also fled their towns in anticipation of possible invasion by aggrieved militants in the Ijaw communities .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/police-secure-release-of-abducted-monarch/

The OBA  has been released UNHURT. Where are the so called tribal bashers!

Great news! I am glad that the Oba was released unharmed.

I am done with this topic now.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by ekubear1: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
Good that the king was returned unharmed. But that doesn't balance things out, not by a long shot.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by pluto04(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
I hope you guys know that the Ijaws in question are indigenous to Ondo state. The conflict between Ijaw and Ilaje is no different from the one between Umuleri and Aguleri. There was a five year war between Ijaw and Ilaje that ended in 2003. Once again the Ijaws are trying to restart a war they cannot win and one that will probably divert their resources from their oil bunkering activities. We know how the previous war ended. My only concern is that the casualities will be the innocent.

And the igbos shouting that yorubas are cowards, keep on dreaming! You expect to village people to confront machine guns with cutlasses? Even the igbos are not that follish (I hope). The Ilajes will regroup after peaceful means are exhausted. Yorubas don't go to war unprepared (some tribes still fail to grasp this basics about warfare!) and their captains do not bail-out of ships in the thick of battles (betraying the trust of the troop) - the hight of cowardliness - something some tribes (or is it their god?) are very famous for. Stay tuned and see how this ends.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Obiagu1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

Great news! I am glad that the Oba was released unharmed.

I am done with this topic now.

I told you I talked to them and they promised they would release him unharmed as soon as possible.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
i personally don't despise an igbo person when i meet one, atleast not until they open their mouth to speak!
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

I told you I talked to them and they promised they would release him unharmed as soon as possible.
The useless boys prolly weighed their options and they saw that they need not start a war they can't win.wait and see what happens next.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Chyz2: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The useless boys prolly weighed their options and they saw that they need not start a war they can't win.wait and see what happens next.

Um, they haven't released the Oba yet.Lets hope he's still alive. These are the same people that some on the non-core yorubas ondo state are trying to include in the proposed Oluwa State. This tragedy is definitely a rethink.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2011
Many people dont even understand that Irele is an ijaw town in Ondo state. so i dont understand the invade part, Ijaws lives there and it is their town including okitipupa and ilaje too. So dont turn this into a big issue no one was invaded, I am dissapointed in most of the yoruba peeps who didnt know this but instead calling it an art of war,
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
Their is no cowardice here, Irele people are ijaws, The ijaw are around 17 percent of ondo states population. dont be decieved by their yoruba names, OLUSEGUN AGAGU the former governor was from the area too,
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by AndreUweh(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Many people dont even understand that Irele is an ijaw town in Ondo state. so i dont understand the invade part, Ijaws lives there and it is their town including okitipupa and ilaje too. So dont turn this into a big issue no one was invaded, I am dissapointed in most of the yoruba peeps who didnt know this but instead calling it an art of war,
You are right. Also they have to apologise to Ezeuche and Chyz. Remember that at first, the duo were not interested in this Ijaw/Yoruba wahala until the Yorubas provoked them.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by aljharem(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Their is no cowardice here, Irele people are ijaws, The ijaw are around 17 percent of ondo states population. dont be decieved by their yoruba names, OLUSEGUN AGAGU the former governor was from the area too,

is olusegun agagu ijaw ?
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by aljharem(m): 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

oga i ask again is olusegun agagu an ijaw person or a yoruba person because i want to know
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2011
alj harem:

is olusegun agagu ijaw ?

He is from the riverine area yes he is , i have friends from the riverine areas too they all have yoruba names,
they speak youruba and have distant relations all around niger delta.
I schooled in ondo state they are part of the nddc project do u know this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Sanator Nenadi Usman Truns Pastor,after Election Defeat..pics / Niger State: Blasphemy About Prophet Muhammed Sparks Violence / Photo Of Governor Ganduje At NYSC Camp In Kano Has Got People Asking Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.