Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five (34116 Views)

Cameroon Invade Nigerian Village, Kill 70 / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Nasarawa Village & Kill Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by foreman: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2011
In a way, I am enjoying this.

I hope more of this exchange happens between the Ijaw and Yoruba sides before elections. I would be very glad to have the riff-raff fisherman in Aso-rock back in his village, probably to become the VC of his private university in his village.

I just can't stand him being referred to as "Nigerian president". spits
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Abagworo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2011
The reason why Ijaws are having these problems is resultant effects of civilization.They were originally a riverine people and hence had no value for land.They might have lived in Southern Nigeria earlier than other groups but were confided to the river banks while the other groups came and occupied the land and forests.It is the same problem being faced by the Fulanis who were nomadic and previously had no value for land.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by chikeobi(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2011
This Ijaw people that attacked Ondo village, are they from Ondo, Delta or Bayelsa. I do not understand Nigeria at all people of diff ethnicity scattered everywhere causing trouble.  What provoked the attack?
I pity the Oni or Oba the Kidnapped,
Seanet02 why are you saying within 7 days, They will phock the Oba from behind b4 7 days. Anybody that have the gut to kill and born houses can do anything.
Abagworo:

The reason why Ijaws are having these problems is resultant effects of civilization.They were originally a riverine people and hence had no value for land.They might have lived in Southern Nigeria earlier than other groups but were confided to the river banks while the other groups came and occupied the land and forests.It is the same problem being faced by the Fulanis who were nomadic and previously had no value for land.
If they have no value for land, what do their cattle graze on? water!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Abagworo(m): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2011
chikeobi:

If they have no value for land, what do their cattle graze on? water!!!! cheesy cheesy

The Ijaws believed that they could camp anywhere while they fish in the water and migrate as the yield reduces while fulanis believe they should migrate once the grasses become scarce for their herd.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Beaf: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2011
What do young people gain from these mind destroying, ethnically bigoted threads?
So Ijaw people attacked a Yoruba village to avenge the death of one of theirs? Thats two wrongs; why should we begin to pile wrong on wrong with the horrible arguments being made here? Some are talking about majority groups and minority groups, dudes, when you look in your passport is there a place where it is written that you are a superior or inferior Nigerian, because you are from a majority or minority ethnic group? Does the constitution say so either?

What is wrong with people?
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Rhino5dm: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2011
Bruhaha!
while internet warriors are promising brime stone and fire, His Royal Highness is having his arss bleep very hard in the middle of no where.

se o fe  ba mi ja ?  

ma fo e letin

tin ba mu e, ma se wo le se. . . . . .  .na shakara oleje  grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2011
As I said earlier, if the yorubas do something about it, they are tribalist. If they do nothing about it, they are cowards! Such dilemma. sad
I bet they would do nothing about it.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2011
@all, though i considers the recent attack as minor compared to what happened some years ago in some ilaje towns. They are better imagined than experienced cos i was raised in my teens in one these communities and those clashes were so bloody that i'll rather not give details here. And when people talk about cowardice would any sane individual confront an armed man in an unexpected attack? Yorubas are not cowards and neither are other tribes but i hope the government will stop this before it escalates. The ijaws dare not attack my community again cos of what they got in return. Trust me i know what am saying, these clashes are better avoided than encouraged!
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by TippyTop(m): 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ijaw Youths poised to march to Abeokuta.

By Segun Balogun
Ijaw Youths take another town and are poised to march to Abeokuta

February 18, 2011 01:51AM

Fool story here
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Abagworo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2011
Tippy Top:

Ijaw Youths poised to march to Abeokuta.

By Segun Balogun
Ijaw Youths take another town and are poised to march to Abeokuta

February 18, 2011 01:51AM

Fool story [url=http://www, com]here[/url]

Thank God its a fool story written by a fool.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by EzeUche2(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ijaws fear no one. That is a fact.

Well let me clarify, Ijaws fear Igbo domination. That is it. This is the reason why they do not try that nonsense in the East anymore.

And to the Yorubas who said that they will make the Ijaws run to the Igbo. The Ijaws have already asked for our help, and the majority of Igbos looked the other way. They are on their own.

However, I do respect their warlike tradition. They are most battle ready group in Southern Nigeria right now, so do not think of them as some people who can easily be defeated. Even the smallest minority can defeat a larger group if they have the resolve. Numbers do not matter.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Obiagu1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
Quite unfortunate. Why would they kidnap a monarch?
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by ShangoThor(m): 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
Obiagu1:

Quite unfortunate. Why would they kidnap a monarch?

Monarchs are kidnapped to limit subsequent reprisals.

Nevertheless, kidnapping a monarch is an insult and considered an act of war.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
Interesting, a unquestionable xter dies in a town in a questionable manner. The town is sacked, five shot dead, the traditional ruler is kidnapped.
The lesson is simple and is clear for all to see.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by ASL33: 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2011
@Obiagu
To claim supremacy. In a chase game once the king is down its game over. The best thing they(Ondo) will do is to surrender. They(ijaws) should not hoist their flag yet until the rulers of Nigeria(Hausa) tell them to do so. Meanwhile my advice to them is to keep the Oba in good condition where amala and ewedu will be saved to him as at when due.

Info reaching me is that the Oba was not kidnapped rather captured.
Nigeria a failed nation.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Obiagu1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2011
ShangoThor:

Monarchs are kidnapped to limit subsequent reprisals.

Nevertheless, kidnapping a monarch is an insult and considered an act of war.

Exactly, it's an act of war.

ASL33:

@Obiagu
To claim supremacy. In a chase game once the king is down its game over. The best thing they(Ondo) will do is to surrender. They(ijaws) should not hoist their flag yet until the rulers of Nigeria(Hausa) tell them to do so. Meanwhile my advice to them is to keep the Oba in good condition where amala and ewedu will be saved to him as at when due.

Info reaching me is that the Oba was not kidnapped rather captured.
Nigeria a failed nation.

Naturally, doing so means the town has been defeated. So the question now is: what was the purpose of the capture? They've killed 5 natives already, so wasn't that enough for their revenge of a member?

The Fulani are ravaging the Middle Belt, are we going to start seeing the same thing from the Ijaws?
I think it's high time we got ready for such attacks. Everyone should get a gun sad
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by olabukola: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2011
Hausa people are in support of this, how can a small ethnic gp has the guts to attack a major ethnic group in Nigeria?
GJ must not win any vote from Yoruba nation.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by jason123: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2011
Obiagu1:

Exactly, it's an act of war.

Naturally, doing so means the town has been defeated. So the question now is: what was the purpose of the capture? They've killed 5 natives already, so wasn't that enough for their revenge of a member?

The Fulani are ravaging the Middle Belt, are we going to start seeing the same thing from the Ijaws?
I think it's high time we got ready for such attacks. Everyone should get a gun  sad

Nothing must happen to the Oba and they know it. So, because one man died, you would kill 5 people and possibly a traditional ruler. Its a taboo! If anything happens to that OBA, then they better get ready to conquer the Whole yoruba land ( From Nigeria to Benin republic yes, benin republic. There are OPC members from Benin republic) or be conquered. ONE MUST GIVE. GET READY TO CONQUER OR BE CONQUERED IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THE OBA.

Infact, I think they are joking because if the military does not get involved, there would only be one eventual causality and they know it.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Missy85(f): 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2011
Like many institutions in nigeria, the institutionn of Obaship has gradually lost respect over the years, particularly, as many of them have become involved in unwholly fraternity with politicians.

Notwitstanding, the youths of this town are unlikely to accept this kidnap lying down, particularly, if he's a likeable Oba.

Life will be easier for the assailants if they release him unharmed. Oba or no Oba, why have we stopped respecting elders? We want to copy oyinbos? How hard can one's heart be to kidnap & keep an elderly?
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
Missy85:

Like many institutions in nigeria, the institutionn of Obaship has gradually lost respect over the years, particularly, as many of them become involved in unwholly fraternity with politicians.

Notwitstanding, the youths of this particular town are unlikely to accept this kidnap lying down, particularly, if he's a likeable Oba.

Life will be easier for the assailants if they release him unharmed. Oba or no Oba, why have we stopped respecting elders? We want to copy oyinbos?

Seriously, obviously no one who should be concerned is really concerned about the Monarsh being kidnapped. After the rubbishness of Deji, if this even will get rid of the Obaship in Yorubaland, then so be it.

I anxiously will be reading the future news from Ondo state lol grin

If him no be likable Oba, bye bye to rubbish grin grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2011
If this continues and Ekiti State does nothing to help, I'd be really really pissed off.

We can look over intra-tribal attacks, but inter tribal? hell no angry
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by aloyemeka1: 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2011
Aftermath of nairaland tribalism. This is the 2nd time Ijaws are causing havoc in Yorubaland in just 3 years.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-PzNIoCtv6Bc/TV_DKOfSOAI/AAAAAAAABTY/uLNRV2WjDW0/s320/17.gif[/img]
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Onlytruth(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If this continues and Ekiti State does nothing to help, I'd be really really pissed off.

We can look over intra-tribal attacks, but inter tribal? hell no angry

Wetin Ekiti go do? mscheeeeeeeeeeew!

You think say dis one na ikebe war? lmao! grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

Wait and see. . . .We'll slap them to reality and our mallams will finish the rest grin grin
You know say some ppl dont know the diff between Ijaws and Igbos (like-minded peeps). Shebi you ppl still dey whine about the lil treatment Ekiti peeps dealt your people in that state, best pray the Ijaws dont continue. Nobody messes with our bros/sis angry grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

You'd like that wouldnt you? oloshi grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by udezue(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2011
udezue:

grin grin grin grin grin

Sweety, aint it about time to change that profile pix. I am tired of that amala one-pack tongue
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Chyz2: 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Wait and see. . . .We'll slap them to reality and our mallams will finish the rest grin grin
You know say some ppl dont know the diff between Ijaws and Igbos
(like-minded peeps). Shebi you ppl still dey whine about the lil treatment Ekiti peeps dealt your people in that state, best pray the Ijaws dont continue. Nobody messes with our bros/sis angry grin

Number 1, Wetin your people go do Igbo grin.

Number 2, Don't start claiming the mallams(hausa people) as your own.They no go join. cheesy
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2011
Chyz*:

Number 1, Wetin your people go do Igbo grin.

Number 2, Don't start claiming the mallams(hausa people) as your own.They no go join. cheesy

Number 1. My people are peaceful unless pushed into a corner ---> Ask Ondo state itself

Number 2, We go claim them in the times of battle. Ekiti-Hausas will join by force by force. The Ijaws just needs to touch one of their cows grin
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by EzeUche2(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2011
That is why we Igbos believe in "Igbo enwe eze." Igbos have no use for kings. We had kings in the distant past, but our ancestors believed did away with them, and formed a more democratic system.
Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by Obiagu1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

That is why we Igbos believe in "Igbo enwe eze." Igbos have no use for kings. We had kings in the distant past, but our ancestors believed did away with them, and formed a more democratic system.

Re: Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five by alex101(m): 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2011
The scenerio is getting clearer.

The Ijaws are pushing upward from the atlantic in their quest for land

The fulani on the other hand are pushing downward from the sahara in their quest for grazing their cattle

Chei! e be like say dem dey squeeze this nijah o! cheesy grin

Never underestimate your opponent, no matter how "minor" you may think of him/her. The mexican drug cartel were ignored and labelled as a bunch of "street

gangs/thugs". We now know how they are taking on the mexican federal police as we speak.

Ijaw= a minority in the south.

Fulani= a minority in the north.

Sometimes, it is appropriate to "kill a fly with a sledge hammer".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Edo Governorship: Ize-Iyamu Welcomed To Auchi / Nigerians Mock Buhari's Government On Twitter With #makechangegreatagain / Why We Cancelled Approved Venue For Atiku’s Rally- Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.