Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,125 members, 7,880,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:58 PM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (12831 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Real landlords who know the history of their land do not sell their birth right to squatters.That is why the hausas are not considered as owners of jos.

And whose birthright is the land? If you are talking about Lagos, then Lagos has changed hands many times, that I do not think anyone can claim ownership of that land, because many people came from different regions.

Some people came from Ekiti state, some came from Katsina state, some came from Anambra state etc. People should embrace the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos. Even though I have no love for Lagos, I can understand how this city, can become a new melting pot, just like New York or London
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by yarodin: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
I will never support  any Igboman that tries to rule in another man's land, that I believe is stepping out of line.  But if they now go meet someone like Fashola to voice their demands and Fashola and other Lagos officials sees it fit to grant their demands so be it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well I understand where there anger is coming from. They do not understand why the Igbo have the audacity to ask for better representation in Lagos. We are not native to Lagos, so why should we ask for representation. They would rather have us as 2nd class citizens in our country instead of regular constituents who need to be pleased.

Different groups have different interest. That is why they should all lobby Fashola and the Lagos State Government. People need to remember that money trumps ethnic interest. Money talks in any nation. And if a people have the money, they will be listened too.

Who cares really? By issuing your silly threats, us against them mentality and blackmail, you placed yourself in the second class citizen position.

Lobbying and blackmail have 2 different definitions and meanings  and I'm glad you're now using the more responsible and refined grammar to qualify what your leaders should have done.  

Lobbying like I suggested = seeking audience and presenting your concerns, not making crude threats and threatening blackmail like cheap thugs,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
The bigots here are breaking all records of foolishness by claiming that Igbo's in Lagos have no democratic rights . . . In a democracy!
No wonder that drug peddling thug called Tinubu has them around his little finger.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
yarodin:

I will never support  any Igboman that tries to rule in another man's land, that I believe is stepping out of line.  But if they now go meet someone like Fashola to voice their demands and Fashola and other Lagos officials sees it fit to grant their demands so be it.    

You shouldn't look at tribal attachment. If the person is up the task, that should be the sole reason to support someone. Not because if he is a Yoruba or an Igbo man. Trust me, if there was a Yoruba who is similar to Fashola running in Abia State, I would be the first person supporting that man.

Voicing their demands to representatives is not something that should be discouraged. It is better than a violent protest.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by yarodin: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who cares really? By issuing your silly threats, us against them mentality and blackmail, you placed yourself in the second class citizen position.

Lobbying and blackmail have 2 different definitions and meanings  and I'm glad you're now using the more responsible and refined grammar to qualify what your leaders should have done.  

Lobbying like I suggested = seeking audience and presenting your concerns, not making crude threats and threatening blackmail like cheap thugs,

Apart from the Igbos on Nairaland beating the war drums, has it been said that Ohanaeze threatened Fashola with blackmail?  Maybe we all need to take a chill pill and realize that we all are online where people can talk anyhow without physically been checked.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

And whose birthright is the land? If you are talking about Lagos, then Lagos has changed hands many times, that I do not think anyone can claim ownership of that land, because many people came from different regions.

Some people came from Ekiti state, some came from Katsina state, some came from Anambra state etc. People should embrace the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos. Even though I have no love for Lagos, I can understand how this city, can become a new melting pot, just like New York or London

All the birth right thing is really irrelevant, but to say a land where people have kings/obas, where their Language and culture is dominant, where the language of discuss withing the state legislature is dominant, where every aspect of societal understanding is dominant a no mans land renders you ignorant and grossly unenlightened.

Some of you really need to grow up an start reasoning like adults for real,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

The bigots here are breaking all records of foolishness by claiming that Igbo's in Lagos have no democratic rights . . . In a democracy!
No wonder that drug peddling thug called Tinubu has them around his little finger.
abi oloriburuku ni e ni .who's foolish ? Abeg don't let descend on you this night.why can't you advocate for yoruba coming to rule over your poverty-ridden water region.olofo
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Where did Ohanaeze blackmail Fashola? Seems like lobbying to me.

"We have already endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the presidency. This is very important. The conditions are that Governor Fashola should appreciate our contributions to the development of the state and should reciprocate that by appointing Igbos as commissioners. In his cabinet what we are asking are not out of place because Ndigbo make up about 46 percent of the total population of the state. But this does not reflect in political appointment, she should also appoint Igbo into the boards of parastatals and agencies. Our business interests and welfare also need more protection. However, we acknowledged that the governor performed wonderfully well in his first term and as it said in politics ‘One good term deserves another’."

That seems fair to me, and the language was not crude either. Ohanaeze wants better representation for the Ndigbo in the government. I don't see where Ohanaeze is trying to have Igbos rule Lagos. We just want better representation in government. Is that so much to ask for? I don't think so.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by yarodin: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche a Yoruba man will never rule Abia even if he is a million times better than Fashola, we still have years to go before such a thing will happen.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

It doesn't have to make sense. All we know is that there were groups who fought to keep Nigeria one, so now it is time for them to suffer the consequences.

To keep Nigeria one is the task that must be done.

That's kind of my point. The "consequences" don't really make sense. I can see a made up city like Abuja belonging to no one, but Port Harcourt, Calabar, Lagos, etc. all have native populations.

onye_ngbu:

It doesnt make sense at all in Nigeria.

But the true shape of things is that it is just the truth.

Any portion of Lagos land you purchase legally belongs to you, where ever you might have come from. No one is going to send you parking from there simply because he/she believes its his land.

Any time it happens, it will simply lead to anarchy at the end of which things will still stay the way it is right now.

Thats why I still maintain that Lagos or any other big city is no ones land.

Even in onitsha town, onitsha indigenes have control over the land.

The Scots can never not own  Edinburgh just because they're in the UK, so saying  a union means that a city belongs to no one is just an assault upon history. How does Onitsha belong to everyone?

I suspect that the real reason for this deliberate obliviousness is that the shoe is not on the other foot - i.e. other Nigerians are not rushing in significant numbers to Enugu, Onitsha, and other major cities in the SE and demanding political influence.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

All the birth right thing is really irrelevant, but to say a land where people have kings/obas, where their Language and culture is dominant, where the language of discuss withing the state legislature is dominant, where every aspect of societal understanding is dominant a no mans land renders you ignorant and grossly unenlightened.

Some of you really need to grow up an start reasoning like adults for real,

You are the one who sounds unenlightened. No offense. And you are sounding very xenophobic. Lagos was not built only by Yorubas, it was built by many groups. It can be said that the British focused on that city more than other group. Lagos would not be where it is, if it was not for the British and their colonial ambitions.

My people have invested money in Lagos, the resources of the Niger Delta were used to build up Lagos and other people have contributed to that city's "success."

I am looking for a more cosmopolitan city.

Maybe it will help you to respect other people's ways.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
yarodin:

EzeUche a Yoruba man will never rule Abia even if he is a million times better than Fashola, we still have years to go before such a thing will happen.  

We do not know that. I have yet to hear a Yoruba man run for anything in Abia State. They were appointed to some positions, but I have never seen anyone run for governor of Abia State.

Enugu actually paved the way of electing a non-indigene before any other city in Nigeria, in which the first mayor of Enugu was Umaru Achini.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Where did Ohanaeze blackmail Fashola? Seems like lobbying to me.

"We have already endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the presidency. This is very important. The conditions are that Governor Fashola should appreciate our contributions to the development of the state and should reciprocate that by appointing Igbos as commissioners. In his cabinet what we are asking are not out of place because Ndigbo make up about 46 percent of the total population of the state. But this does not reflect in political appointment, she should also appoint Igbo into the boards of parastatals and agencies. Our business interests and welfare also need more protection. However, we acknowledged that the governor performed wonderfully well in his first term and as it said in politics ‘One good term deserves another’."

That seems fair to me, and the language was not crude either. Ohanaeze wants better representation for the Ndigbo in the government. I don't see where Ohanaeze is trying to have Igbos rule Lagos. We just want better representation in government. Is that so much to ask for? I don't think so.

Please translate "If I say I wont do this unless you gibe me that"

Anyways-

con·di·tion·al  (kn-dsh-nl)
adj.
1. Imposing, depending on, or containing a condition. See Synonyms at dependent.
2. Grammar Stating, containing, or implying a condition.
3. Psychology Brought about by conditioning.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/conditional

lob·by  (lb)

n. pl. lob·bies
1. A hall, foyer, or waiting room at or near the entrance to a building, such as a hotel or theater.
2. A public room next to the assembly chamber of a legislative body.
3. A group of persons engaged in trying to influence legislators or other public officials in favor of a specific cause: the banking lobby; the labor lobby.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lobbying

Condition = Imposing

Lobbying = Engaged in trying to influence

Pay more attention to your grammar and definitions,

Your crude and leaders imposed their demand, they did no seek audience like I suggested or even lobby or engaged to table their concerns.

And please stop that nonsense about wanting ibo people in the government, there are ibo people within the government and the state cabinet.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^

Simple semantics. . .

Just get over it and voice your grievances to Fashola.

If he wants our votes, maybe he should look to our interest as well, because we are citizens of Lagos as well. Not some 2nd class citizen who contributes to the city, but doesn't get anything out of it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

You are the one who sounds unenlightened. No offense. And you are sounding very xenophobic. Lagos was not built only by Yorubas, it was built by many groups. It can be said that the British focused on that city more than other group. Lagos would not be where it is, if it was not for the British and their colonial ambitions.

My people have invested money in Lagos, the resources of the Niger Delta were used to build up Lagos and other people have contributed to that city's "success."

So lagos was discovered after the colonial masters came ? shocked
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

[b]You are the one who sounds unenlightened. No offense. And you are sounding very xenophobic. [/b]Lagos was not built only by Yorubas, it was built by many groups. It can be said that the British focused on that city more than other group. Lagos would not be where it is, if it was not for the British and their colonial ambitions.

From your ignorant talk in this thread, you remain the bolded.

I dare you to go to any town, village or even country where they have leaders, Obas, dominant language and culture and try to take over because according to you, it's a no man's land.

Tell me if the definition below fits into your definition of no mans land,

no man’s land British English pronunciation: no man’s land

an area of land that separates two armies
     Thesaurus entry for this meaning of  no-man’s-landThesaurus entry for this meaning of no-man’s-land
           a.
           an area of land between two countries that is not controlled by either of them
           Thesaurus entry for this meaning of  no-man’s-landThesaurus entry for this meaning of no-man’s-land
     a situation that is not easy to deal with because it is not clear what rules or policies are operating
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/no-man-s-land

Again, you sound very ignorant and unenlightened.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

abi oloriburuku ni e ni .who's foolish ? Abeg don't let descend on you this night.why can't you advocate for yoruba coming to rule over your poverty-ridden water region.olofo

Why don't you try "descending" on me and see how I will ridicule your remarkable stoopidity. Dense cow.
For your info, my village has a much greater FDI than Lagos and we manage to feed fools like you as well. Donkey.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So lagos was discovered after the colonial masters came ? shocked

Did I say that? No. I said Lagos would not have been important if it wasn't for the British.

You do know Sapele, Port Harcourt and even Asaba at one time were very important to our colonial masters. If they made any of these cities the capital, we would not be talking about Lagos now would we?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

Why don't you try "descending" on me and see how I will ridicule your remarkable stoopidity. Dense cow.
For your info, my village has a much greater FDI than Lagos and we manage to feed fools like you as well. Donkey.
They called on wild animals,snail self dey show face.yoruba and ibo are discussing,common minority self dey talk.abeg go back to your creek.ode
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Did I say that? No. I said Lagos would not have been important if it wasn't for the British.

You do know Sapele, Port Harcourt and even Asaba at one time were very important to our colonial masters. If they made any of these cities the capital, we would not be talking about Lagos now would we?

Don't mind the bigotted drunkards. For some reason they think the Igbo must deliver block votes to Fashola like robots without as much as engaging their brains, simply because they are settlers.
I assume the bigots here are looking in the mirror and evaluating how they themselves will act like meek pussycats in far off places. Are they saying that their own relatives in far off lands live in prehistoric settlements with no central leadership or cultural associations? Are they saying they themselves are so culturally weak that they simply get absorbed by their host communitiers in far off lands?

Some people are really foolish.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

They called on wild animals,snail self dey show face.yoruba and ibo are discussing,common minority self dey talk.abeg go back to your creek.ode

This common minority is feeding your lazy, thieving, useless majority. What does your "majority" produce apart from beg day and night for oil money?

Thank God, you called yourself a wild animal. Jumped up, unproductive, begging, ethnically bigotted scum. lol
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ikeyman00(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
@@@@@

all of una nl oduduwa can go to hell  no matter all the nonesense written in here.

imagine some of these mofos that live in face me i face u come in to write $hit
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Thats why I still maintain that Lagos or any other big city is no ones land.

Much ado about nothing!!!

I dare you and your ilk to go and make such statement in kano, kaduna, sokoto etc.
Or any nothern state/s that fits your discription of a mega/big city.

At any rate, in due course we all shall discern who lagos state actually belongs to.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

Simple semantics. . .

Just get over it and voice your grievances to Fashola.

If he wants our votes, maybe he should look to our interest as well, because we are citizens of Lagos as well. Not some 2nd class citizen who contributes to the city, but doesn't get anything out of it.

Quit sounding ignorant all over the place, it's plain English with different definitions,

The fact is, I'm not against their concerns, infact, it;s a just concern and we are not asking you not to participate in anything, what we are saying is, seek audience like other interest groups and present your concerns to the state, this is the best option available to us as a democratic and enlightened society. Running around and yelling threats and conditions in the media was crude and unnecessary.

There are ibo people within the government and they didn't get there because of threats and silly conditions, it was done willingly without duress from mindless and misguided interest groups.

The ibo community in Lagos like other Lagosians are in the same boat, their interests remains the same. We all enjoy the same freedom, the same safety and protection, the same opportunity to strive and make it in the only land of opportunity in our country.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ikeyman00(m): 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^

ok we heard and plz move out of the way

thanks
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

Don't mind the bigotted drunkards. For some reason they think the Igbo must deliver block votes to Fashola like robots without as much as engaging their brains, simply because they are settlers.
I assume the bigots here are looking in the mirror and evaluating how they themselves will act like meek pussycats in far off places. Are they saying that their own relatives in far off lands live in prehistoric settlements with no central leadership or cultural associations? Are they saying they themselves are so culturally weak that they simply get absorbed by their host communitiers in far off lands?

Some people are really foolish.

Thank you!

You understand the situation that is being discussed.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

what is the status of these cities today including calabar ? They only build infastructures that served their cause but the owner of the land have been able to harnessed to make what lagos to be what it is today .
Even without the british,lagos would still have been what it is today !
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Even without the british,lagos would still have been what it is today !

grin

Nonsense.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Thank you!

You understand the situation that is being discussed.

You know you have a serious problem if at the end of the day, you are agreeing with and shaking hands with beef of all people.

It clearly shows your shallow level of credibility.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

grin

Nonsense.

Show me what legacy they left in lagos apart from the tattered buildings ?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

You know you have a serious problem if at the end of the day, you are agreeing with and shaking hands with beef of all people.

It clearly shows your shallow level of credibility.

When did dunces whose only claim to relevance is primitive bigotry and street fighting begin measuring "credibility?"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PDP Attacks Osinbajo, Calls Him A Figurehead / BREAKING: Looters’ List Not A Violation Of Named Persons’ Rights –court / NURTW Ban: Can Sanwo-Olu Walk The Talk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.