Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:53 PM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (12830 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2011
jason123:

@ Bolded

That is a lie! Stop provoking them. Stop attarcting violence to yourselves! Abi? Is that too much to ask for? Learn to respect people and their culture.

Off topic:
The way this Ohaneze is doing things in Lagos, I really see ORGANISED violence against the igbo in the not too distant future. You will say I said so!

And I see you soon getting to cool off in SSS cell for inciting violence.

Very soon your brother will come to say that I am getting personal and none of you is wishing there will be violence.

revomind:

The figures are obviously false. Otherwise ask yourself why a group of people with 62% of the voters in a state should give conditions instead of just take over.

Have you thought that they might not be interested to start with?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Just like I told your brothers, stop hyperventilating over something you cant do crap about.

No igbo person has come to take your land but they have come to stay and you guys should come to terms with that already.

You cannot do anything about it. SIMPLE!

Well no one is threatened. Mazi Uche and Ohanaeze didn't just come out to demand to 'stay'. They really wouldn't need to that actually. They have come with deliberate mischief and we are all amused. Of course, so many Igbos on the streets of Lagos do not even identify with these guys. All what some of us have tried to do is to 'clear the doubt' of some of your brothers on this forum who have been misguided and sent into ecstasy by their statements. If we cannot succeed in doing that, its best we leave you all to your daydreams and when you guys wake up, we'd love to assess the patterns of the elections in Lagos with you all.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by joeyfire(m): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
jason123:

NO! You guys are the tribalist here. The sooner you learn to respect other people as they have respected you, the better. You cannot try to disrespect another group and expect them to folded their arms.

NL yorubas are simple advising you because when the violence starts (and it WILL start in the not too distant future) do not scream that yorubas are tribalist.

You make me laugh my guy. Be very careful of what you post in a public forum.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

Well no one is threatened. Mazi Uche and Ohanaeze didn't just come out to demand to 'stay'. They really wouldn't need to that actually. They have come with deliberate mischief and we are all amused. Of course, so many Igbos on the streets of Lagos do not even identify with these guys. All what some of us have tried to do is to 'clear the doubt' of some of your brothers on this forum who have been misguided and sent into ecstasy by their statements. If we cannot succeed in doing that, its best we leave you all to your daydreams and when you guys wake up, we'd love to assess the patterns of the elections in Lagos with you all.

Stop clearing doubts by making empty threats as if ordinary yoruba or igbo person on the street gives a damn what you guys here on NL thinks.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

And I see you soon getting to cool off in SSS cell for inciting violence.

Very soon your brother will come to say that I am getting personal and none of you is wishing there will be violence.

No. I am not inciting violence. All I made was an observation and a prediction if this continues. It is common sense. The hausas that have more balls than you tried it and we all saw what happened. They were even sponsored by Arewa. How much more you guys?? WHy can't we all just live in peace without trying to make the locals insecure?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by bisiaet: 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
Just like I told your brothers, stop hyperventilating over something you cant do crap about.

No igbo person has come to take your land but they have come to stay and you guys should come to terms with that already.

You cannot do anything about it. SIMPLE!

Can a responsible and sound minded people in the house see what I was just saying look at what this my fellow Igbo just say please does this make any sense at all?

Come to term with nosediving to matter that does not concern us??, come to term with coming to their land thay accomodate us and we ends up abusing them, calling them names, hate them and still sit tight on their land? You must be joking for real what a hell of come to term are you talking about??

By the time this people will revolt agaist us it will like a movie we are definately passing our bounary day by day one day it will explode. Afterall we will say oh the interest of Igbo is not protected I dont know how will our interest be protected when we love divenose to what is not our headache, jumping to what we are not call in for. Never ever love minding our business it really makes me so mad.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
bisiaet:

Can a responsible and sound minded people in the house see what I was just saying look at what this my fellow Igbo just say please does this make any sense at all?

Come to term with nosediving to matter that does not concern us,[size=14pt] come to term with coming to thier land thay accomodate you and you ends up abusing them, calling them names, hate them and still sit tight on their land[/size]? You must be joking for real what a hell of come to term are you talking about??
[size=14pt]
By the time this people will revolt agaist us it will like a movie we are definately passing our bounary day by day one day it will explode[/size]. Afterall we will say oh the interest of Igbo is not protected I dont know how will our interest be prtected when we love divenose to what is not our headache, jumping to what we are not call in for. Never ever love minding our business it really makes me so mad.

Well said!!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
bisiaet:

Come to term with nosediving to matter that does not concern us??, come to term with coming to their land thay accomodate us and we ends up abusing them, calling them names, hate them and still sit tight on their land? You must be joking for real what a hell of come to term are you talking about??

By the time this people will revolt agaist us it will like a movie we are definately passing our bounary day by day one day it will explode. Afterall we will say oh the interest of Igbo is not protected I dont know how will our interest be protected when we love divenose to what is not our headache, jumping to what we are not call in for. Never ever love minding our business it really makes me so mad.

I dont really get this part about each one of you threatning violence. I am tempted to think that every yoruba person on the street deeply wishes there will be violence but I am sure its just you guys on NL. I relate very well with my yoruba friends and i believe they are not like that.

Dont get mad. There are enough mad people in the country and nairaland already.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by joeyfire(m): 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
@Jason 123 - Inciting violence is a crime under the Criminal Code of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mind what you say
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

I dont really get this part about each one of you threatning violence.  I am tempted to think that every yoruba person on the street deeply wishes there will be violence but I am sure its just you guys on NL. I relate  very well with my yoruba friends and i believe they are not like that.

Dont get mad.  There are enough mad people in the country and nairaland already.
The person you are replying is IGBO! But, the person is also a realist.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

You are right. The ones we see everyday do not even dream of it, at least yet. However before you rule yourself out and claim disinterest, I'm pretty sure you must make some evaluations. Its overwhelming-the reasons they are not interested. So interest or no interest, the figures given are false.

One thing I've learned about Igbos from this forum is that while they are generally okay people who just want to live and let live while doing their business and contributing one way or the other to their host communities, there are, over the course of history, usually a few ones who are over-exuberant and secretly hope and dream of dominating others. Mazi Uche, the Lagos Ohananeze(to a lesser extent though) and some contributors to this forum are examples of that few. They go about this using lies, exaggerations and propaganda. This irritates and irks.

Of all Nigerian cities, Lagos is the one town you'd asssume Igbos would have evolved to love and cherish. Seriously. Many of us are disappointed that some of them have now for whatever reasons resorted to deliberately skewing figures and lying generally. We are disappointed that they now claim our culture is zero, our Obas are insignificant and that only the Lagoon can be regarded as 'indigene' in Lagos. Lagos is the one town that constantly served as a reminder that general relations between the Yoruba and Igbo could improve along with other groups with significant populations in Lagos.

We hope that the real ones among the Igbo Lagosians, the majority who have been an absolute delight to have around, call these ones to order. The status quo has not been designed to dominate anyone. We all live peacefully with each other in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by step1: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

I dont really get this part about each one of you threatning violence.  I am tempted to think that every yoruba person on the street deeply wishes there will be violence but I am sure its just you guys on NL. I relate  very well with my yoruba friends and i believe they are not like that.

Dont get mad.  There are enough mad people in the country and nairaland already.

Guy I have ibo friends as well in Lagos and I would not wish anything to happen to them or their families just because of Ohaneze. That said, I believe ibos in lagos are smarter than that not ohaneze.
  Also there is one thing i can comfirm to you, If ibos push their luck there will be riots in which I MYSELF WILL BE PART OF IT REGRADLESS OF MY IBO FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, just to show you how bad it is.

I hope it does not get to that stage, I strongly believe we can all live in peace whether yoruba, ibo, hausa etc. But if pushed, there will be riots and both parties whether ibo or yoruba will lose a lot.

As some of you ibos say " lagos is a no-mans-land" well we aworis say " ta ni baba e ni eko, odee eko, o mo eyo" meaning " who is your father in lagos, if you have not been to lagos, you do not know eyo festival". I guess that speaks volume on the cultural aspect of lagos cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
joeyfire:

@Jason 123 - Inciting violence is a crime under the laws of the Criminal Code of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mind what you say

Are you OKAY? How have I incited violence? Am I even in Nigeria??

jason123:

No. I am not inciting violence. All I made was an observation and a prediction if this continues. It is common sense. The hausas that have more balls than you tried it and we all saw what happened. They were even sponsored by Arewa. How much more you guys?? WHy can't we all just live in peace without trying to make the locals insecure?
jason123:

@ Bolded

That is a lie! Stop provoking them. Stop attarcting violence to yourselves! Abi? Is that too much to ask for? Learn to respect people and their culture.

Off topic:
The way this Ohaneze is doing things in Lagos, I really see ORGANISED violence against the igbo in the not too distant future. You will say I said so!

Can you not see that they are predictions? Have I said anyone should attck igbos Any man with common sense can see violence coming with the way you guys want to start bossing them on their land. It is that simple. It is a prediction made out of common sense and our history.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by step1: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
joeyfire:

@Jason 123 - Inciting violence is a crime under the Criminal Code of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mind what you say

I believe he is not inciting violence but tell you the plain truth. Moreover and so if he is what can you do about it ?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

You are right. The ones we see everyday do not even dream of it, at least yet. However before you rule yourself out and claim disinterest, I'm pretty sure you must make some evaluations. Its overwhelming-the reasons they are not interested. So interest or no interest, the figures given are false.

One thing I've learned about Igbos from this forum is that while they are generally okay people who just want to live and let live while doing their business and contributing one way or the other to their host communities, there are, over the course of history, usually a few ones who are over-exuberant and secretly hope and dream of dominating others. Mazi Uche, the Lagos Ohananeze(to a lesser extent though) and some contributors to this forum are examples of that few. They go about this using  lies, exaggerations and propaganda. This irritates and irks.

Of all Nigerian cities, Lagos is the one town you'd asssume Igbos would have evolved to love and cherish. Seriously. Many of us are disappointed that some of them have now for whatever reasons resorted to deliberately skewing figures and lying generally. We are disappointed that they now claim our culture is zero, our Obas are insignificant and that only the Lagoon can be regarded as 'indigene' in Lagos. Lagos is the one town that constantly served as a reminder that general relations between the Yoruba and Igbo could improve along with other groups with significant populations in Lagos.

We hope that the real ones among the Igbo Lagosians, the majority who have been an absolute delight to have around, call these ones to order. The status quo has not been designed to dominate anyone. We all live peacefully with each other in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

One thing I've learned about Igbos from this forum is that while they are generally okay people who just want to live and let live while doing their business and contributing one way or the other to their host communities, there are, over the course of history, usually a few ones who are over-exuberant and secretly hope and dream of dominating others. Mazi Uche, the Lagos Ohananeze(to a lesser extent though) and some contributors to this forum are examples of that few. They go about this using  lies, exaggerations and propaganda. This irritates and irks.

Perfect answer! Am out.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
step1:

Guy I have ibo friends as well in Lagos and I would not wish anything to happen to them or their families just because of Ohaneze. That said, I believe ibos in lagos are smarter than that not ohaneze.
  Also there is one thing i can comfirm to you, If ibos push their luck there will be riots in which I MYSELF WILL BE PART OF IT REGRADLESS OF MY IBO FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, just to show you how bad it is.

I hope it does not get to that stage, I strongly believe we can all live in peace whether yoruba, ibo, hausa etc. But if pushed, there will be riots and both parties whether ibo or yoruba will lose a lot.

As some of you ibos say " lagos is a no-mans-land" well we aworis say " ta ni baba e ni eko, odee eko, o mo eyo" meaning " who is your father in lagos, if you have not been to lagos, you do not know eyo festival". I guess that speaks volume on the cultural aspect of lagos cheesy cheesy

How then can you open your violent mouth and call them your friends if you can turn back and kill them because of a riot. Thats unimaginable!
revomind:

See your reasoning; you have come to learn about igbos from NL?!

Again, Whatever you think about igbo people, igbo people think about you too.
I believe igbo people doesnt  gives a flying squirrel that you think there are  'usually a few ones who are over-exuberant and secretly hope and dream of dominating others'

jason123:

Are you OKAY? How have I incited violence? Am I even in Nigeria??

Can you not see that they are predictions? Have I said anyone should attck igbos Any man with common sense can see violence coming with the way you guys want to start bossing them on their land. It is that simple. It is a prediction made out of common sense and our history.

You are not in Nigeria abi? Dont worry keep blabbing until you hear nwii.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by joeyfire(m): 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
step1:

I believe he is not inciting violence but tell you the plain truth. Moreover and so if he is what can you do about it ?

you dont deserve a reply. Lets mind what we post on the internet
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Stop clearing doubts by making empty threats as if ordinary yoruba or igbo person on the street gives a damn what you guys here on NL thinks.

I've noticed that throughout the course of this 'argument', you've been attributing statements to people, statements they didn't make. You can go through all my posts on this topic thus far. Not for once have I threatened violence so I do not know what you are talking about. You seem more willing to drag this issue while in the same post you quoted I said we could just stop the argument and wait till the elections are over. Then we can, in case you already do not know, identify those who have made empty threats.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
We all know who are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.

Look at the way they talk

They reap where they did not sow.

Lagos was built by everybody, not just the Yoruba. It was by fate, that Lagos was even given such significance. It was not out of love for the Yoruba. Port Harcourt, Sapele and Warri could have easily been given such importance.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

I've noticed that throughout the course of this 'argument', you've been attributing statements to people, statements they didn't make. You can go through all my posts on this topic thus far. Not for once have I threatened violence so I do not know what you are talking about. You seem more willing to drag this issue while in the same post you quoted I said we could just stop the argument and wait till the elections are over. Then we can, in case you already do not know, identify those who have made empty threats.

The threats are all over the place. So what do I care. If you cant see em thats ur own cup of zobo.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by legba1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
Who says the ibo's dont have a say in the afairs and on how lagos state is governed?They contribute immensely to the economic development of the state,so,they have rite to talk but not by claiming they have strenght of number to undo what the indegenes want.
in as much as i dont believe in the "we are one" bulshit,its still going to be difficult to separate the tribal lines.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
These Yoruba posters are so boisterous with their threats.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

These Yoruba posters are so boisterous with their threats.
I know it was a slip of tongueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
This is the reason why Nigeria should be split let everyone go their seperate ways. This is crazy. Is there any constitution in the world that allows people to vote but not be voted for. How can some who was born in Lagos or has lived the better part of their life in lagos not be allowed to contest for a political offfice. It is a backward thinking to say the least.

By the way how's the capital of a country determined because i think it's cheating that you build a capital with federal money and at the end of the day someone is telling me that everyone does not have equal right in that city.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by lokya(f): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2011

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement
« #11 on: Yesterday at 11:18:18 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See what lagosians have caused with their non-chalance, , is it possible for a stranger to come to meet you in your own house and start to dictate to you what you should or should not do. Why is it only lagos that they make all this ridiculous demands, why don't they do so in kaduna or kano and see what will happen to them. We gave them an arms length and they want to take a mile. Doubt if they will cite the constitution when I attempt to run for office
TRU TALK, SEE ME SEE ANOTHER HAUSA FULANI IN JOS OH. NA SO E DEY TAKE START, WHO BEG ONA COME LAGOS. can the yoruba man go to Enugu to demand such. Make ona sell una second hand and fake products je je
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2011
afam4eva:

This is the reason why Nigeria should be split let everyone go their seperate ways. This is crazy. Is there any constitution in the world that allows people to vote but not be voted for. How can some who was born in Lagos or has lived the better part of their life in lagos not be allowed to contest for a political offfice. It is a backward thinking to say the least.

By the way how's the capital of a country determined because i think it's cheating that you build a capital with federal money and at the end of the day someone is telling me that everyone does not have equal right in that city.
Just as we have equal Right in Enugu and Anambra. By the way, what have you done to help the Lady from Anambra that can not Recite the National Anthem? Do something
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Lagos was built by everybody, not just the Yoruba. It was by fate, that Lagos was even given such significance. It was not out of love for the Yoruba. Port Harcourt, Sapele and Warri could have easily been given such importance.

You are just a funny guy. Out of love indeed.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by odogwux(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
just read thru this thread and boy , there is beef o ! thats why this country is a joke. failed state is stating the obvious. no pun intended. lol
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by wolebaba(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
OHANEZE IS STIRRING THE HORNET'S NEST,
WE YORUBAS WILL DEFINITELY READ MEANINGS TO THIS, WHY CANT THESE OLD MEN JUST ALLOW US COHABIT PEACEFULLY?

I HAVE NEVER MET ANY IGBO GUY OR LADY WHO HAS ASKED FOR WAT OHANEZE IS LISTING, WHY CANT THESE OLD MEN GO BACK TO THEIR VILLAGES AND DIE QUIETLY, RATHER THAN CAUSING WAHALA FOR THE YOUNG ONES?

RUBBISH OLD MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE U HAPPY NOW THAT YOUR SILLY COMMENT HAS CAUSED YOUR EDUCATED YOUNG PEOPLE GO AGAINST THOSE OF OTHER TRIBES?

THE FACT IS; OHANEZE DOES NOT REALLY REPRESENT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES(THE OLD BASTARDS), THEY ALWAYS BARK BUT HAVE NEVER BITTEN ANYONE, DURING THE ABACHA ERA, WHERE WERE THEY? IF TRULY THEY REPRESENT IGBOS, HOW DID THEY NOT SUPPORT UNWAZURIKE IN HIS BID FOR A SEPARATE COUNTRY OF THEIR OWN, RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

You don't even have to sow anything when the land is ancestrally yours.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
afam4eva:

Thank you!

On a side note, the people of the East will not claim Lagos if the oil companies leave that city for a city in the East. Port Harcourt should be the obvious location for all these oil companies. Why have a headquarter in Lagos when it is not even the capital anymore?

Once the oil companies leave Lagos, so will the jobs leave Lagos. That is the simple truth. Everyone is welcomed to Port Harcourt though. I don't care if you are Ijaw, Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba, Hausa etc. I want Port Harcourt to become a more cosmopolitan city.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Saraki Visit To Maiduguri Not For 2019 – Dino Melaye / Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / The Complete List Of All 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.