Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (12799 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by alldone(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
i think the demand is way out of the line. they should have stick to what they already have.
if not they will loose it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

You don't even have to sow anything when the land is ancestrally yours.

And the land has been bought by outsiders. If you sell your ancestral land, you have no right to claim it. That is why you all should have kept the land instead of selling it for money. This is the way the world works. Once you sell something, you cannot have it back.

Are you even from Lagos? I mean are your ancestors from Lagos. Just because you are a Yoruba does not mean you have an ancestral claim to the land.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

You don't even have to sow anything when the land is ancestrally yours.

What about ancestrally land of the ogonis and ijaws which no one is planning to leave for them.

Are we not all reaping from a land that is ancestrally theirs why now is lagos different.
EzeUche_:

And the land has been bought by outsiders. If you sell your ancestral land, you have no right to claim it. That is why you all should have kept the land instead of selling it for money. This is the way the world works. Once you sell something, you cannot have it back.

Are you even from Lagos? I mean are your ancestors from Lagos. Just because you are a Yoruba does not mean you have an ancestral claim to the land.

That is a good one. So can a yoruba person from Togo or Benin also come and claim Lagos is our Land?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Dumbo!!

EzeUche_:

Thank you!

On a side note, the people of the East will not claim Lagos if the oil companies leave that city for a city in the East. Port Harcourt should be the obvious location for all these oil companies. Why have a headquarter in Lagos when it is not even the capital anymore?

Once the oil companies leave Lagos, so will the jobs leave Lagos. That is the simple truth. Everyone is welcomed to Port Harcourt though. I don't care if you are Ijaw, Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba, Hausa etc. I want Port Harcourt to become a more cosmopolitan city.
Another Bundle of Rubbish!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2011
Do you Yorubas from other parts of Yorubaland have an ancestral claim to Lagos?

It is a honest question. Or, because the people who claim ownership are a Yoruba clan, than all Yorubas have a claim to Lagos?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

Just as we have equal Right in Enugu and Anambra. By the way, what have you done to help the Lady from Anambra that can not Recite the National Anthem? Do something

When we're talking about Abuja and Lagos pls don't bring any other state into it. Unlike other states Lagos was a federal capital meaning that federal money was pumped into the city.  Not that there's anything wrong with a yoruba person running for a position in Enugu or anywhere else provided he's lived in that city for a reasonable number of years.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by excanny: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
As much as I'm a pro-Igbo land kind of person, if Yorubas attack my people, we shall not fold our hands, we'll be forced to defend ourselves, tit for tat.

And you cannot secede because we'll also fight you. That's what's up.

I used to side you people against my people, but I've seen that you loud-mouth Afonja internet warrior here are a bunch of unreasonable tribalistic beasts.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
excanny:

As much as I'm a pro-Igbo land kind of person, if Yorubas attack my people, we shall not fold our hands, we'll be forced to defend ourselves, bosom for tat.

I used to side you people against my people, but I've seen that you loud-mouth Afonja internet warrior here are a bunch of unreasonable tribalistic beasts.
You want me to Nuke you?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2011
It's a pity ez\euche like babbling on Nonsensical issues. how can you say he can not lay claim to Lagos since he is not from Lagos. Once he is a Yoruba Man, he can do as he like in Lagos. But for us to allow omo Ajeku Okuta Mamu omi to Start doing omo Onile in Lagos, Never. we no go allow such harakiri
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
excanny:

As much as I'm a pro-Igbo land kind of person, if Yorubas attack my people, we shall not fold our hands, we'll be forced to defend ourselves, bosom for tat.

Pls can u expantiate on the bolded.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

It's a pity ez\euche like babbling on Nonsensical issues. how can you say he can not lay claim to Lagos since he is not from Lagos. Once he is a Yoruba Man, he can do as he like in Lagos. But for us to allow omo Ajeku Okuta Mamu omi to Start doing omo Onile in Lagos, Never. we no go allow such harakiri

Rubbish!

Now I can see Lagos will be ground-zero if you Yorubas try anything to deprive Igbo SETTLERS of land in Lagos. If you all cannot recognize our right to Lagos just like Ijaws, Ibibio, Urhobos, Isako, Bini etc have a right to Lagos, then no one can have Lagos.

I pray that one day Lagos goes into the sea, but if that doesn't happen, Lagos would be best razed. . . And you all can go back to whatever trashy city that you hail from. Ibadan has been neglected all these years.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by odogwux(m): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2011
wolebaba:

OHANEZE IS STIRRING THE HORNET'S NEST,
WE YORUBAS WILL DEFINITELY READ MEANINGS TO THIS, WHY CANT THESE OLD MEN JUST ALLOW US COHABIT PEACEFULLY?

I HAVE NEVER MET ANY IGBO GUY OR LADY WHO HAS ASKED FOR WAT OHANEZE IS LISTING, WHY CANT THESE OLD MEN GO BACK TO THEIR VILLAGES AND DIE QUIETLY, RATHER THAN CAUSING WAHALA FOR THE YOUNG ONES?

RUBBISH OLD MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE U HAPPY NOW THAT YOUR SILLY COMMENT HAS CAUSED YOUR EDUCATED YOUNG PEOPLE GO AGAINST THOSE OF OTHER TRIBES?

THE FACT IS; OHANEZE DOES NOT REALLY REPRESENT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES(THE OLD BASTARDS), THEY ALWAYS BARK BUT HAVE NEVER BITTEN ANYONE, DURING THE ABACHA ERA, WHERE WERE THEY? IF TRULY THEY REPRESENT IGBOS, HOW DID THEY NOT SUPPORT UNWAZURIKE IN HIS BID FOR A SEPARATE COUNTRY OF THEIR OWN, RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!

These are all elements of a failed state. ohaneze says something  that nobody even takes notice of but it gets pulled out shape because first of all there was no unity in the first place, just forced nationhood.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Rubbish!

Now I can see Lagos will be ground-zero if you Yorubas try anything to deprive Igbo SETTLERS of land in Lagos. If you all cannot recognize our right to Lagos just like Ijaws, Ibibio, Urhobos, Isako, Bini etc, then no one can have Lagos.

I pray that one day Lagos goes into the sea, but if that doesn't happen, Lagos would be best razed. . . And you all can go back to whatever trashy city that you hail from. Ibadan has been neglected all these years.
Reverse is the case. Lagos will continue to Prosper while Ohakim will continue to plaunder Iboland into more Misery
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

Reverse is the case. Lagos will continue to Prosper while Ohakim will continue to plaunder Iboland into more Misery

Does Ohakim = Igboland. You must of been asleep in Geography class. Igboland by far is more prosperous than the whole of the South-West minus Lagos.

It shows how ignorant you Yorubas are when it comes to other regions in Nigeria. Igboland has been spared the devastation that can be found in the core Niger Delta.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Does Ohakim = Igboland. You must of been asleep in Geography class. Igboland by far is more prosperous than the whole of the South-West minus Lagos.

It shows how ignorant you Yorubas are when it comes to other regions in Nigeria. Igboland has been spared the devastation that can be found in the core Niger Delta.
mumu, have you ever heard what is called 'The Lung Of the World"?
That is where i will drop you to live the rest of your Life if you keep arguing with your better on the Bolded!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

mumu, have you ever heard what is called 'The Lung Of the World"?
That is where i will drop you to live the rest of your Life if you keep arguing with your better on the Bolded!!

I guess you don't know the difference between physical geography and human geography.   grin

Shows how smart you are i-diot. You will never be smarter than me. Not in a million years.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
afam4eva:

This is the reason why Nigeria should be split let everyone go their seperate ways. This is crazy. Is there any constitution in the world that allows people to vote but not be voted for. How can some who was born in Lagos or has lived the better part of their life in lagos not be allowed to contest for a political offfice. It is a backward thinking to say the least.

By the way how's the capital of a country determined because i think it's cheating that you build a capital with federal money and at the end of the day someone is telling me that everyone does not have equal right in that city.

Who has stopped any person born in Lagos from contesting for any political office? Can you give us instances? No group has the power, majority or indigenous, to stop anybody from contesting political office even if that person wasn't born in Lagos. The law is pretty clear. What the law wouldn't tell you or any person for that matter is that there are political dynamics that will stop a non-indigene from winning even if he contests. The law while giving you the right to be voted for also gave those voters the right to vote for anyone they want. It also gave those that constitute these voters the assurance that they are not breaking the law if they choose not to vote for someone they deem as not part of them. Anyway, that same law did not implore us to just standby and give our total support to one Mr Eze, who feels he and his kinsmen have contributed more than anyone else and also outnumber the other groups in the state, to run for Governor. Mr Eze should feel very confident of his chances even with Yoruba antagonism since they are the majority, abi? There are more than 20 political parties if I'm not mistaken, if you feel so strongly about it, you or any of your kinsmen should pick up the ticket and contest.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

I guess you don't know the difference between physical geography and human geography.   grin

Shows how smart you are i-diot. You will never be smarter than me. Not in a million years.
And where in the post of yours did you mention Physical Geography?
See now he don't even know where am talking about. Okay let me help you. There are Millions of Yorubas Living there. The Legendary King of Dahomey, Gezo Named His Female Fighters after it. I have tried, if youfail again, i will beat the hell out of you. OLODO RAPATA
grin grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Bolded again? Tell an Inland Drainage System we have in Nigeria?
OLODO ROBOTO
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
Tell me the difference between a Gorge and Waterfall?
OLODO BAMBA
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Now tell me the Planet with most satellite
Now tell me the Best Natural Seaport in West Africa? don't mention Lagos o< it is an advice
OLODO GARARA
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2011
afam4eva:

When we're talking about Abuja and Lagos pls don't bring any other state into it. Unlike other states Lagos was a federal capital meaning that federal money was pumped into the city.  Not that there's anything wrong with a yoruba person running for a position in Enugu or anywhere else provided he's lived in that city for a reasonable number of years.

You are a funny guy. Is there any part of Nigeria where Federal money hasn't been 'pumped' in? Have you ever been to Kaduna? There is a lot of federal presence in that city with a healthy population of Igbos. Why haven't you lot cried to be given Governorship or any political post there?

You obviously think Lagos State as we know it is the same with Lagos the former FCT. You of course are ignorant that there is a large chunk of Lagos State that was under the Western Region including the capital, Ikeja. When you people raise the disingenuous point about federal money, ex federal capital bla bla bla, you forget or do not realise that no Yoruba man went on record to beg for Lagos to be made as capital city. So any advantage the state has now because a part of it was capital is welcome and we cannot be sorry for that.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Just like I told your brothers, stop hyperventilating over something you cant do crap about.

No igbo person has come to take your land but they have come to stay and you guys should come to terms with that already.

You cannot do anything about it. SIMPLE!

See yourself  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why do people always remember their villages when crises brake out i LAGOS. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
revomind:

Who has stopped any person born in Lagos from contesting for any political office? Can you give us instances? No group has the power, majority or indigenous, to stop anybody from contesting political office even if that person wasn't born in Lagos. The law is pretty clear. What the law wouldn't tell you or any person for that matter is that there are political dynamics that will stop a non-indigene from winning even if he contests. The law while giving you the right to be voted for also gave those voters the right to vote for anyone they want. It also gave those that constitute these voters the assurance that they are not breaking the law if they choose not to vote for someone they deem as not part of them. Anyway, that same law did not implore us to just standby and give our total support to one Mr Eze, who feels he and his kinsmen have contributed more than anyone else and also outnumber the other groups in the state, to run for Governor. Mr Eze should feel very confident of his chances even with Yoruba antagonism since they are the majority, abi? There are more than 20 political parties if I'm not mistaken, if you feel so strongly about it, you or any of your kinsmen should pick up the ticket and contest.

You cant stand on one ground, can you?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
emmatok:

Why do people always remember their villages when crises brake out i LAGOS. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2011
emmatok:

grin

Emmatok, Can you do anything about it?  grin

I dont think so cool
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
emmatok:

Hmm
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

grin

Emmatok, Can you do anything about it?  grin

I dont think so cool

Man i do not need to do any about ?

Because you and your people will always run away form Lagos in time of crises. History is there to prove it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
I made the same point before, but you though I was saying otherwise. The fact is, ibo people are all about mouth and shallow chest beating the 62% is a figment of their imagination.

The average ibo like the ones on NL and ibo towns and villages nurses the warped and ignorant understanding that Lagos is only about slums like Ajegunle, orile and alaba market and if you look at their history of shallowness, emptiness and shallowness, they pay the ultimate price for their stupidity greed and delusions starting from

1. Their backwardness and incompetency during the regional administration and how other regions rapidly developed while with their chest beating, they lagged behind till today.

2. To the spanking and a/s/s beating they got from the abokis up north.

3. to their civil war delusions, misadventure and how after so many chest beatings, their weak and pathetic warlord took off running like a little girl.

4. To the current political dispensation and the fact that they are absolutely dysfunctional and irrelevant

5. To the fact that highest placed ibo official in Nigeria is 6th place far behind other tribes

6. To the fact that they deserted Lagosians and took off running back to their villages after the june 12 fiasco

7. To the fact that they are socially backward, dysfunctional, morally bankrupt hence kidnapping and killing for money and kidnapping their own school kids for money

8. To the fact that because of greed, treachery, corruption and disunity, they punked themselves out of the ruling party chairmanship position specially designed for them and because of their greed and corruption, they end up with 3 chairmen from south east in less than 4years and they still got kicked out and replaced with a northerner,

All I see is a sorry mess of tragically aimless and misguided people with zero sense of purpose and belonging and respect for others, themselves and human life.

I fit go on and on and on,

This is their life template and it's full of emptiness and shallowness.

As par Lagos, like I said, the aboki treatment is the only language you understand. You will get it, it's just a matter of time,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Rubbish!

Now I can see Lagos will be ground-zero if you Yorubas try anything to deprive Igbo SETTLERS of land in Lagos. If you all cannot recognize our right to Lagos just like Ijaws, Ibibio, Urhobos, Isako, Bini etc have a right to Lagos, then no one can have Lagos.

I pray that one day Lagos goes into the sea, but if that doesn't happen, Lagos would be best razed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. . . And you all can go back to whatever trashy city that you hail from. Ibadan has been neglected all these years.

And which IGBO man is going to RAZE LAGOS?

These IGBO people forget they have to pass-through, other Yoruba states (OYO,OGUN,ONDO e.t.c) before they get to Lagos.

So they think those Yoruba states will fold their arms and watch their brother in Lagos, enslaved by some business men from the east?

All these internet warriors should go and sit down. Every IGBO man knows his village.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by step1: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2011
I see no reason why this argument is prolonged, why are my yoruba brothers auguring with this people. It is clearly that if it continues like this violence will start that's all.
Ezeuche or whatever you call yourself, the ijaws, isoko etc will not fight alone side ibos. Moreover why are ibos and yorubas going to fight . I mean, fight over lagos. We will rather use the ijaws and ibos in lagos to fight again you village ibos than us fighting. Do you see reason now. Why do you think lagos is in south-west nigeria. Do you think it was by mistake or fortune. Ezeuche use you brain more, stop using you body or so called ibo manliness to think.

I[b] will suggest ohaneze use there position of eze indigbo of lagos wisely and make bonds with the people instead of trying to give conditions[/b]. Ohaneze or Chief Uche has no ibo interest in heart, they are all after money and power just like other groups. Where was ohaneze last year were lagos ibo vs alaba ibo were fighting ? Where were they when ibos were killed in jos and northern states. Now do you see reason.

Claim down, talk like a diplomat and think. Remember the east is not united and that is how you ibos lost the war because of the so called ijaw, isoko, ikwerri, efik and others that you trust; they stopped your people from reaching the sea or ports so as to get weapons or food.
Now I have ibo family members, ibo friends but they are not as loud mouth as you people here. If an ibo man what to rule lagos, that is fine by me but he has to forget his village mentality and become a lagosian like other ibos and yorubas in lagos.
As one of the previous posters rightly said, you can not wear a winter red hat and where the chair cover clothe and expect people in lagos to say "my governor" not now, not ever.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Do you Yorubas from other parts of Yorubaland have an ancestral claim to Lagos?

It is a honest question. Or, because the people who claim ownership are a Yoruba clan, than all Yorubas have a claim to Lagos?

I hate to be the one to break it to you cuz this is something everyone should know. The Yorubas have evolved from the days of warring and fighting among each other to an ethnic group, one ethnic group. Tinubu isn't originally from Lagos but he was Governor. Has anybody made any noise about that? No. Why? Because he is YORUBA. There are so many non-Lagosians(Yoruba of course) who are or were members of Fashola and Tinubu's cabinets. I am not from Lagos but I am Yoruba. For the fact of the latter, I feel at home anywhere from the Yoruba-speaking parts of Kogi to Lagos. The same way you would feel more at home in any part of your SouthEast.

As for our brothers in Benin and Togo, they wouldn't ordinarily be concerned. The fact we are in different countries takes care of that. There's what social scientists call 'sovereignty'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Minimum Wage Cant Be A "Palliative" For Fuel Price Hike / Contractors With No Shovel Get Contracts In Kano – FERMA / Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.