Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,154 members, 7,900,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:32 AM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (12886 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ekubear1: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
@EzeUche: If Lagos is ever razed by Igbos, then I will devote my lifetime to seeing Igboland utterly destroyed.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by step1: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Do you Yorubas from other parts of Yorubaland have an ancestral claim to Lagos?

It is a honest question. Or, because the people who claim ownership are a Yoruba clan, than all Yorubas have a claim to Lagos?

Yes, I as an awori man will still perfer an ekiti or ibadan man to rule my people than any other group. Ezeuche, we yorubas are one. I do not care even if he is from benin republic, so long as he is yoruba and has yoruba name that is fine by me and my people. Although he has to be a good person wink . If an ibo man is better than him then I would perfer the ibo man but if they are at par then it this the yoruba man.

Ezeuche, we yorubas are one so long as we are still in Nigeria. So if ilaja from ondo state want to be the governor of lagos, that is fine by me so long as the people like him. If an okun man want to be governor of lagos that is also fine. If a yorubaized ibo wants to be the governor that is fine as well.

As you can see the common factor here is for him to be yorubaized, love the people whether yoruba or ibo and be good.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

You cant stand on one ground, can you?

I do not think there has been any inconsistency in any of the views I have expressed so far. I think you have closed your mind. Good luck.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
Eko ile & co,
My line on this thread is never about which tribe is better or stronger or fights better.
I cannot indulge anyone of you in that childish arguments.

My points are:
Lagos has come to be a home to all Nigerians.
Anyone of you that is worried that igbo people are planning to take it from you is just being stupid and unnecesarily afraid.
Civilization comes with a lot of cultural downsides and visitors growing roots in 'your land' is one of them.
Threats of violence are childish because it will not happen because internet warriors wish it.

At the end, even in the event of your 'aboki treatment', every side will suffer and your visitors will still return and claim their possesions again. So the question is, is it worth it?

You guys should just grow up abeg.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Ezeuche

Yorubas are not tribalist. Why? They are CLEARLY the most accommodating group in Nigeria followed by the Hausas.
Secondly, have you asked yourself why the yorubas do not have a problem with other groups? It is because other groups respect the yoruba culture and the yorubas respect their culture. Why can't you look beyond your sentiments for yorubas? Think, the yorubas and igbo have a relationship in Nigeria and it is mainly through Lagos, why then do you want to break that bond? Because of one man's greed? Why do you want to provoke them? Why do you call them names and still live in their land or territories? This is the problem.

You cannot keep disrespecting them ON THEIR TERRITORY and expect them not to react soon. It was the same thing the Hausas did during the Aluasa riot and we all know what happened. Apart from the Aluasa riot, the yorubas and hausas have no problem with each other.

From the trend above, you should notice that the yorubas will react when and only when pushed to the wall. They are NEVER the aggressors. I suggest that everyone should all live together peacefully and let things happen "NATURALLY". Let us NOT do away with our differences but instead, understand them. The yorubas are reacting like this because of the Fulani and Afonja situation. This a typical case of "once bitten, twice shy".

Remember Ahmado bello and Azikwe? Azikwe (igbo) said, "Let us put away our differences!" but Bello said, "No, instead we should understand our differences".
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2011
BTW, Ezeuche, Do you not think it is DISRESPECTFUL to start making demands in another man's ancestry land Has any igbo or yoruba man become the minister of Abuja?? Why? Because they know the Hausas will not take it. Why then do you want to take the piss on your accommodating neighbours and brothers?? O ma lehin ooo!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
PStylish:

@All Ndigbo
Most of you guys are just internet warriors. And you just catching fun taunting the Yoruba folks especially those who are not on ground in Lagos.
I will make clarify some issues for the avoidance of doubt:
1. Igbo demand for more representation
It is very provocative for Igbos to begin to demand for more political representation in Lagos by way of political appointment. It begins to look like blackmail and an attempt to assert unfounded/unproven influence.In Lagos, it should be Yorubas first, then others. Lagos is the melting pot for all Yorubas. And I dont think all Yorubas have been served yet.

2. Igbo contribution to the Lagos economy
The contribution of the Igbos to the Yoruba economy is being overhyped. The 80-20 factor comes in handy here. 80% of Igbos contribute only 20% to the Lagos economy while 20% of the Yoruba population contribute 80% to the Lagos economy. How does selling spare parts, cars, etc contribute in any significant way to the economy.
The average Igbo graduate would rather die a job seeker than set up a company or start a business. Most Igbo graduates lose every sense of enterpreneurship as soon as they become graduates. Most Igbos in business are not graduates.
This is not so with the Yoruba. Most Yoruba graduates set up businesses/companies  if they cant lay their hands on a good job after graduation. Go to CAC in Alausa and see the number of young Yorubas registering businesses. These are the real people contributing to the economy not some illiterate and half-illiterates selling spare parts et al.

3. On Lagos being built with federal money
Only the present day Lagos Island and Lagos Mainland were the federal capital territory. The remaining parts were part of the old western region. Even then these local govts have the highest population of indigenous Lagosians.
Hence, much of Lagos is old western region

4. The true population of the Igbos in Lagos
I will put the populations of Igbos in Lagos at 2million max. My estimate is based on the following:
*Faith Tabernacle is a 50,000-seater church in Ota, Ogun state. An anyone especially an Igbo man living in Lagos, if he were not told authoritatively, will assume the population to be 500,000 and he would have been very wrong.
*I assume all the 50000 worshippers in faith tabernacle are Igbos  residing in one local govt in Lagos.
*50000*20 local govts in Lagos gives 1,000,000 Igbos in Lagos.
*I then decide to add 1,000,000 extra.
* This brings the population of Igbos in Lagos to 2 million at most.
Its fairly large but looks like 20 million in the eyes of Igbos. A crowd of people always look more in number than their true number. It cant pose enough any threat to the Yorubas. I still insist that Tinubu's personal ambition of wanting to become Senate President pushed him to make those Igbo appointments he made in order to make him look like a nationalist.He was not under any pressure whatsoever and he was in his second term at the time. Now it has backfired. I hope Fashola does the right thing.

5. On future violence between Igbos and Yorubas
Igbos have a responsibilty to prevent any future violence with their Yoruba hosts by keeping to their legitimate business and taking their eyes of politics and political appointments. Pushing Yorubas to the wall can bring about a very deadly backlash and cause you to lose even the little you've got politically and economically. Yorubas may take sh.i.t for a long while but by the time they react it will be deadly. No doubt, both sides will suffer but at the resolution of the conflict, Igbos will suffer a very serious setback in all areas.The Hausa-Fulani founded and controlled the mile 12 market in Lagos pre 2000. After, violent OPC Hausa clashes, the Lagos state govt took over it. Hence, they lost their heritage.
Remember, the Gani Adams faction of the OPC is very deadly and uncompromising. If they could invade Ilorin to depose the fulani emir how much more Igbos around them. There is OPC in the north.

6. On Igbo agberos
I would say at this point that agberos are not equal to NURTW members. NURTW members where uniforms with their names inscribed on them. I have seen 1 or 2 non Yorubas in these uniforms. The real agberos do not where uniforms.The have no permanent base and they deliver their proceeds to Obas and Baales. Proceeds are usually shared among indigenes and they are usually indigenes themselves. I have never seen an Igbo in this category.

7. On Fasholas positive response
Dont be deceived, the governor of any state is supposed to be father of all. He will not vent at the Igbos in open. No leader should do that. Even in Plateau state, the governor still tries as much as possible to hide his resentment for the Hausa-Fulani and appear neutral even though he is cursing them in his closet and planning their fall.
But please dont start complaining when demolition of your "wrongly located" shops and  properties start taking place. Also, increase in taxes will not favour you guys.Since you wont go and meet Yoruba folks to verify if they've paid their taxes. I see agberos harass Igbo drivers and conductors daily especially when they refuse to pay owo ile. This is after they've paid park dues. LASTMA is a nightmare to Lagosians anytime anyday but some group feel it more.

Enough said for now. One love.  

CORRECT
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Eko ile & co,
My line on this thread is never about which tribe is better or stronger or fights better.
I cannot indulge anyone of you in that childish arguments.

My points are:
Lagos has come to be a home to all Nigerians.
Anyone of you that is worried that igbo people are planning to take it from you is  just being silly and unnecesarily afraid.
Civilization comes with a lot of cultural downsides and visitors growing roots in 'your land' is one of them.
Threats of violence are childish because it will not happen because internet warriors wish it.

At the end, even in the event of your 'aboki treatment', every side will suffer and your visitors will still return and claim their possesions again. So the question is, is it worth it?

You guys should just grow up abeg.

1. I'm not & co

2. I'm not telling you which tribe is better, just stating in plain language your historical delusions and misadventures and if you feel otherwise, highlight what I misplaced. I stand to be corrected.

3. I'm not worried about you taking over anything because you can not, history says you get your a/s/s beat and lose every time you oversteped your bounds.

4. You can not take over any inch of Lagos that's not willingly ceded to you like the slums of Ajegunle, orile and alaba. Try it and get your backside whooped.

5. I'm not afraid of losers, you get your backside beat all the time for your silly greed and delusions and like I stated before, you are empty and shallow. We are just reading you your rights. Stay in your place and don't get it twisted.

6. What is childish is some village illiterates with no clue per how to conduct and express themselves/whose homeland is crap s/hit walking on their heads to Lagos and dictating to Lagosians. What are you smoking?

7. Don't worry about who is going to suffer because we know who is going to run like you always do? You are nothing but mouth, you are uniformly week and lack and uncoordinated and you don't have to take my words, just look at your backyard and place in Nigerian life and polity.

8. You people have bigger fish to fry elsewhere in your homeland, but fascination with other people, lack of vision, greed, zero sense of leadership and sense of direction is killing and preventing you from doing what is best for you and your people.

9. What are you going to hand down to your grand and great grand children? Other people's land or your crumbling and deserted towns and villages.

10. Obviously, Lagos and Yoruba people are the list of your worries.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
eku_bear:

@EzeUche: If Lagos is ever razed by Igbos, then I will devote my lifetime to seeing Igboland utterly destroyed.

Most of your people are scared to come to the East. I would love to see you personally come to the East and do that. It is not that easy to invade Igboland as it is to do in the South-West. You of all people should know that.

Hausa-Fulani bearing down from the North, Igbos and Ijaws from the East. Get used to it. If you all have the strength to defeat us, than do so.

The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2011
ibo people are the most tribal people in Nigeria, tribe cuts into everything they do. The first thing an ibo man go ask another Nigeria is where they are from, this is to quickly figure out and label you accordingly.

This ohaneze business in Lagos is all about tribalism and needless greed because there are many ibo officials within the state government and state cabinet.

ibo people like many other Lagosians have proper representation in Lagos and if ibo people in Lagos are without any form of representation in Lagos, they wont be in Lagos, Lagos wont be a conducive place for them to prosper, grown and run their businesses in peace, something they can not do back east without getting kidnapped or watching  their backs 24/7.

The only reason these uncouth ohaneze illustrates are making threats and blackmailing is because the representation is not ibo, but is really matter where the representation is from as long as your people are well taken care of, as long as they allowed to thrive and prosper in peace and have the same quality representation like the next Lagosian?

This is nothing but pure tribalism. And why let ibo people manage anything in Lagos anyways? They'll end up bringing their silly tribalism, incompetency, thuggery, killings and kidnappings to Lagos, infact, that's what these ohaneze clowns are isinuating.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Most of your people are scared to come to the East. I would love to see you personally come to the East and do that. It is not that easy to invade Igboland as it is to do in the South-West. You of all people should know that.

Hausa-Fulani bearing down from the North, Igbos and Ijaws from the East. Get used to it. If you all have the strength to defeat us, than do so.

What are you drinking MAN.

You forget that the South East is LANDLOCKED. grin grin grin grin grin grin. And they can be surrounded

Do not involve the IJAWS AND PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH SOUTH.

So if you want to invade Lagos you will have to go through the other YORUBA STATES.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by AljUche: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

my brother, i think you should listen to you yoruba brothers, remember we igbos are good people and very diplomatic

we should always avoid any form of violence smiley
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
Eko ile,
im sorry i cant do all that childish 'my tribe is better' stuff with you. Not today.
I am sorry to dissapoint you.
You can go on with your ranting though, its free on nairaland. Isn it?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Didn't a Yoruba military man sliced through you towns and villages and spanked that a/s/s till you surrender to another Yoruba man?

Like I said before, you people are all about empty and shallow chest beating, there's nothing under your cockroach chest,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
Alj Uche:

my brother, i think you should listen to you yoruba brothers, remember we igbos are good people and very diplomatic

we should always avoid any form of violence smiley

The last time we listened to Yorubas, we had a knife in our back. Sorry but those days are long gone.

Only a coward avoids violence when an abomination is committing against them.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
onye_ngbu:

Eko ile,
im sorry i cant do all that childish 'my tribe is better' stuff with you. Not today.
I am sorry to dissapoint you.
You can go on with your ranting though, its free on nairaland. Isn it?

Don't let it pain you too much, these are the facts.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
emmatok:

What are you drinking MAN.

You forget that the South East is LANDLOCKED. grin grin grin grin grin grin. And they can be surrounded

Do not involve the IJAWS AND PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH SOUTH.

So if you want to invade Lagos you will have to go through the other YORUBA STATES.

The South-East may be landlocked, but Igboland is not. If you think Igboland is only found in the South-East states, you need your head examined. Or someone should slap some sense into you.

Ijaws already are claiming parts of Yorubaland so what are you smoking?  grin

Lagos is not good territory to defend, because we can always arrive by sea just like the Ijaws did at Atlas Cove. And we already have men on the ground. We are a sizable minority.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
Some of these Yoruba posters need to watch their words carefully, before they have no allies.

We tried to be diplomatic with you people, but it seems like you do not want to listen. This will not bode well for Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

The last time we listened to Yorubas, we had a knife in our back. Sorry but those days are long gone.

Like Ojukwu did hunn?? lmao
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ekubear1: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

I think it is actually easier to invade than most other regions, tbh. I don't think it would be too hard to accomplish the task.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by emmatok(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

The South-East may be landlocked, but Igboland is not. If you think Igboland is only found in the South-East states, you need your head examined. Or someone should slap some sense into you.

Ijaws already are claiming parts of Yorubaland so what are you smoking?  grin

Lagos is not good territory to defend, because we can always arrive by sea just like the Ijaws did at Atlas Cove. And we already have men on the ground. We are a sizable minority.

SO IT IS KNOW IJAW-IGBO ALLIANCE VS YORUBA grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU ARE A REAL CRACK HEAD. NO OFFENCE  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by AljUche: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

no brother, what i mean is

1.) we northerns also have a sizable population as well, but we do not care who rules in lagos

2.) economically, every ethnic group has contributed to lagos but only the igbo ohaneze are the ones talking about appointment as if we northerns too do not want 1 as well

3.) bini people i believe should be doing what ohaneze is doing right now not igbos

4.) there is no point to anger them, i mean yorubas in lagos even like igbos more than us at times. Now why does ohaeze want to break this relationship undecided undecided

makes no sense undecided
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by seanet02: 7:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ezeuche you will not stop amusing me with your childish and illogical arguments. Did you know why the ibos petitioned Oshiomole last week? Their lands were taken over by Okitipupa oil palm. I guess you know who owns the company. How are the ijaw people taking our land? Iboland is landlocked and i think you know the meaning? If you don't know the meaning then you are a Dumbo
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
eku_bear:

I think it is actually easier to invade than most other regions, tbh. I don't think it would be too hard to accomplish the task.

You do know that forest terrain is harder to conquer to flat plains or sahel regions? Just ask the Americans about Vietnam or the British in Burma. Igboland is situated in a tropical rainforest, Yorubaland is not.

However, you have been screaming bloody murder for a while. Do something eku. A person who does not speak his mother tongue. You think that you can come to Igboland? grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
People need to realize there is no middle way with my people.

You either treat us with kindness/peace and allow us to ply our trade, or annihilate us in battle.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ekubear1: 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

You do know that forest terrain is harder to conquer to flat plains or sahel regions? Just ask the Americans about Vietnam or the British in Burma. Igboland is situated in a tropical rainforest, Yorubaland is not.
Hold on. . . didn't you argue in your previous account that Yorubaland was tropical ranforest?  grin As Akhaten in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585354.32.html

In any case, I don't think it would be hard to conquer, if it comes down to that.

However, you have been screaming bloody murder for a while. Do something eku. A person who does not speak his mother tongue. You think that you can come to Igboland.
Heh, how fluent I am or not in Yoruba will not help you o. Veni, vidi, vici. . . simple as that.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
Yorubas have shown themselves to be the sole ethnic bigots in Nigeria.

Hausa people perceive Yorubas as tribalist. Ijaws perceive Yorubas as tribalist. Edo people perceive Yoruba as tribalist, Igbo people perceive Yorubas as tribalist. Everyone does.

Igbos are seen as expansionist.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by AljUche: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Yorubas have shown themselves to be the sole ethnic bigots in Nigeria.

Hausa people perceive Yorubas as tribalist. Ijaws perceive Yorubas as tribalist. Edo people perceive Yoruba as tribalist, Igbo people perceive Yorubas as tribalist.

Igbos are seen as expansionist.

do you think igbo exoansionism is good for nigeria ?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
eku_bear:

In any case, I don't think it would be hard to conquer, if it comes down to that.
Heh, how fluent I am or not in Yoruba will not help you o. Veni, vidi, vici. . . simple as that.

And you seen what happened to Caesar?

Alea iacta est
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2011
Alj Uche:

do you think igbo exoansionism is good for nigeria ?

Yes, it is good for Nigeria. People fought to keep my region in Nigeria, so we Igbos have spread to other regions in Nigeria.

Deal with it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by AljUche: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

Yes, it is good for Nigeria. People fought to keep my region in Nigeria, so we Igbos have spread to other regions in Nigeria.

Deal with it.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool

ezeuche good one wink so where do you suggest the expansion starts from smiley lagos (yoruba),.,. or may be abuja(northern state)

i would like to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

History Of Nigerian Legal Tender In Pictures / Eleven Dies As Truck Rams Into Ondo Market / Ogun Emerges Nigeria’s Mining Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.