Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,849 members, 7,945,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (24398 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by SSaemoenl(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
Ozin:

I beg make you let this mad man stay abroad make those of us abroad take over the opportunities there in Naija!!!
No make sense!
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
seal777:

If the critics of the BB ticket knows how much of good their blind criticism has helped convert supporters to d CPC camp, they wouldnt bother talking about BUHARI - BAKARE any more :they will rather help jonathan by keeping quiet. I am one of those converts. BB all the way.

This is nothing but a political statement.We will not keep quite,let everybody convert to the Dictator!!!
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by obama29(m): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2011
This BB campaign video even if you no wan vote that song go make you vote BB ooo,
Sai BB, one love from Kuala lumpur.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Solomon227(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2011
Ozin:

This is nothing but a political statement.We will not keep quite,let everybody convert to the Dictator!!!

Its good to know Jonathan and his cohorts cannot sleep at the mention of BB.

PDP/GEJ locked the halls we took to streets and campaigned successfully.

They told NTA not to take our jingle the jingle is now viral on FB and youtube

BB converts, donors and volunteers are increasing in number geometrically while GEJ is dancing scape-goat.

We are now on Lagos streets giving out stickers of our candidate to the common people taking away the GEJ biscuits from them.

Many independent individuals are sponsoring radio jingles and posters in many parts of the South.

This is a collective dream by people who put their Nation first and we are determined to bring it to fruition.

[size=24pt]Vote BB 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Orikinla(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
What we need in Nigeria is not a quasi-democratic election, but a political revolution for the total eradication of corruption at all levels of governance, and for a holistic reformation and transformation of the nation.  

Only a transformational revolutionary leader can liberate our beloved Nigeria from these kleptomaniacs and their dogs.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2011
mr.official:

Are you a relative to Dame?
Sorry I am too busy and dont go cross checking my spellings like you do!
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by mrofficial(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^ Silly excuse. angry
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by eros(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
Nigeria will definitely be great again. BB MUST win this Presidential election.

This video will start the revolution we need in Nigeria. Please anybody that has the means to get it to the TV stations should please do. More people need to watch and see this, it shouldn't be for only those that have access to the Internet.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2011
I just don't think it is a good idea to elect another illiterate to the office of the presidency. Nigeria's problems stemmed from illiterates who did not create a system to facilitate a sustainable society. Buhari is a bloody illiterate who, although appears to have good motives, most likely lacks the knowhow to create a system that will be sustainable. he won't know what kind of trade agreements to sign, how to increase research, how to encourage enactment of intellectual property laws and courts designed to fight piracy, and so on. We have dumb folks in power, including Ebele, who is nothing more than an educated illiterate. And you want to replace him with a bloody illiterate like Buhari? Give me a break.
The reason Fashola is doing well is mainly because he is an educated person. Illiteracy, our elders say, is a disease, so don't elect that diseased Buhari to power. Ribadu, at least, has some education.

Take a cue from great countries like the United States. Don't you see the pedigree of their presidents? An illiterate will probably never win an election for the U.S. president. The fact that so many Nigerians are campaigning for an illiterate like Buhari speaks volume about our values as Nigerians. I just cannot cast my vote for a bloody illiterate. That will be the equivalent of Soulja Boi being elected to the White House in America.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
But we elected 2-3 educated President's so far and look where we are today. The vast majority of our governor's are equally educated yet for every Fashola, there are at least 3 or more Educated Governors who have achieved next to nothing in their assigned states. In NASS, the majority of our legislators are educated individuals -- yet NASS remains as useless to the people as other arms of the government.

I don't Nigeria necessarily needs EDUCATED individuals to run things -- no, Nigeria needs people who know what needs to be done, and are able to hit the ground running -- Education could be considered an icing on the cake but not until we get people who can act, can we actually move things forward from this point on.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
SSaemoenl:

No make sense!

Yeah! it will never make sense to senseless people
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2011
mr.official:

^^ Silly excuse.  angry

Yeah! for silly people like you
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But we elected 2-3 educated President's so far and look where we are today. The vast majority of our governor's are equally educated yet for every Fashola, there are at least 3 or more Educated Governors who have achieved next to nothing in their assigned states. In NASS, the majority of our legislators are educated individuals -- yet NASS remains as useless to the people as other arms of the government.

I don't Nigeria necessarily needs EDUCATED individuals to run things -- no, Nigeria needs people who know what needs to be done, and are able to hit the ground running -- Education could be considered an icing on the cake but not until we get people who can act, can we actually move things forward from this point on.

I get your point, and I am not saying that education alone should be conclusive of a president's ability to solve our problems. But I think education should be weighed heavily in determining whom to elect. It is one thing to know what needs to be done; it is another to know how to do it and make it sustainable. That takes critical thinking, which an uneducated person is unlikely to possess. No disrespect. My argument is that even if you were to find a candidate with good motives without being educated, that candidate will not be able to create a sustainable society, for it would be difficult for that person to see things in ways that may be beneficial on the long run but at first glance does not look promising.
Nigeria needs to be rebuilt, and there is no quick fix remedy that will be sustainable.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by asamuel: 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Princek12. Please don't confuse GEJ's PhD paper with literacy. What use is a PhD president that cannot debate, that confessed to America that he lacks administrative skills, that got a stark illiterate as wife, that climbs on OBJ to take every decision? Did you see how he was messed up during our golden anniversary in Nigeria. Up till now, JEG cannot fish out the bombers of October 1, 2010 and we are 5 months away from the incident.

I'll rather have an illiterate that knows where the shoe pinches and can act to fix Nigeria's promise. What do you think @Princek12?
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
asamuel:

@Princek12. Please don't confuse GEJ's PhD paper with literacy. What use is a PhD president that cannot debate, that confessed to America that he lacks administrative skills, that got a stark illiterate as wife, that climbs on OBJ to take every decision? Did you see how he was messed up during our golden anniversary in Nigeria. Up till now, JEG cannot fish out the bombers of October 1, 2010 and we are 5 months away from the incident.

I'll rather have an illiterate that knows where the shoe pinches and can act to fix Nigeria's promise. What do you think @Princek12?

I did not confuse Ebele's degree with literacy. I stated earlier that he is an "educated illiterate." And I am not saying that his PhD makes him qualified. I at least respect the candidates who showed up and debated. Ebele has not won me over because he probably has one of those degrees that you pay for. Even though Jonathan has not showed up for debates, you can still see signs that he is willing to listen and that he reasons critically. Nevertheless, I still don't respect him. I think his biggest problem is his allegiance to PDP godfathers, all of whom control him.
I am really wary about all these former military rulers like Buhari and Babangida who want to rule us under a civilian regime.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by asamuel: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2011
Thank you @Princek12
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by egift(m): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
Princek12:

[b]I just don't think it is a good idea to elect another illiterate to the office of the presidency. [/b]Nigeria's problems stemmed from illiterates who did not create a system to facilitate a sustainable society. Buhari is a bloody illiterate who, although appears to have good motives, most likely lacks the knowhow to create a system that will be sustainable.  

Princek12 @Bold part:
And a PhD in Zoology and a degree in Fisheries is what is required to fix Nigeria.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Do you know the caliber of military institutions Buhari attended and was far ahead in his classes. grin grin grin
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
egift:

Princek12 @Bold part:
[b]And a PhD in Zoology and a degree in Fisheries is what is required to fix Nigeria[/b].

Stop embarrassing yourself. Do you know the caliber of military institutions Buhari attended and was far ahead in his classes. grin grin grin

I never said having a PhD in fisheries is required to fix Nigeria. In the same vein, having no qualifications does not make you a better candidate to fix Nigeria. What I am proposing is to weigh all the factors and the totality of the circumstances, of which education is part. Please as I have said earlier, can anyone enlighten me about Buhari.

Can you please name the caliber of military institutions Buhari attended, as I am trying to learn more about him?
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2011
Nigerians lack basic human intuitive common sense and no amount of education can replace that.We have to begin to see things like common spiders see things,then we will begin to solve problems and evolve.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2011
Princek12:

I get your point, and I am not saying that education alone should be conclusive of a president's ability to solve our problems. But I think education should be weighed heavily in determining whom to elect. It is one thing to know what needs to be done; it is another to know how to do it and make it sustainable. That takes critical thinking, which an uneducated person is unlikely to possess. No disrespect.
I disagree!! We have a PHD for a president today who has failed in 12 years to critically think himself out of being an incompetent leader. This argument of yours has been used over and over now, and each time it fails when put in the Nigerian context.

The ability to think critically is a special skill that needs to be taught SPECIALLY in Nigeria- The general population lacks this skill, and I believe is this near africa-wide – Many of our educated lack that ability so, I don’t believe Education, in the way you express it, is it.

Princek12:

My argument is that even if you were to find a candidate with good motives without being educated, that candidate will not be able to create a sustainable society, for it would be difficult for that person to see things in ways that may be beneficial on the long run but at first glance does not look promising.
Nigeria needs to be rebuilt, and there is no quick fix remedy that will be sustainable.

Again, I disagree!

We don’t need to look for just those with good motives, but people who have records showing  them capable of handling the job. In the last decade, we have hired some of the most Educated out there for various leadership positions, and look where we are today.  NASS is filled with them – e.g. Obiagbon, Mark, Bankole, and the other educated entities who could not critically think up solutions for the nation’s problems as they were busy thinking of how to save for their own pockets. We have had, and still have Educated ministers—some of them taken right from big companies abroad and brought back to Nigeria to help ‘critically’ solve our problems, yet most of them have shown themselves not the right tools. I mean remember Aganga -- we took him out of goldman sacs and look what he became?

I agree we need to rebuild, but in order to do that, we need people who are not only capable of thinking independently, understand the problem, but people with records that show they are capable of getting the job done. Education could be considered but at this point, I would say the candidates record should come higher on the list.

P.S – this is in no way an endorsement of th Buhari candidacy -- I am simply expressing my opinion on this issue.
Also, Buhari is not an illiterate!
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by asamuel: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Princek12. Nigeria does not lack people with degrees. We lack people who can stand against corruption. Jonathan has demonstrated that he cannot solve Nigeria's problem of corruption by associating with OBJ, Bode George and Dame Patience. All these people have bags of corruption hanging on their neck. How then can jonathan help Nigeria if these men are behind him? That's why Buhari's past achievements are working for him.

Did you get it?
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Reggie2(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2011
THERE WAS ONCE A CRYING GOVERNOR FROM THE EAST WHO CRIED HIS HEART OUT AGAINST APPARENT INJUSTICE IN 9JA, HE TRIED HARD WITHOUT RESOLVING ANYTHING, THE TROUBLE WITH NIGERIA!!!! THE BUHARIS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE '9JA FRACAS'. HE TASTED POWER, NNA D TIN SWEET, SO HE WANTS TO GO BACK. GOWON WENT BACK TO SKOOL WHEN HE WAS KICKED OUT, OTHERS DID NOT, gOODLUCK TO 9ja.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I disagree!! We have a PHD for a president today who has failed in 12 years to critical think himself out of being an incompetent leader. This argument of yours has been used over and over now, and each time it fails when put in the Nigerian context.
The ability to think critically is a special skill that needs to be taught, especially in Nigeria – Many of our educated lack that ability so, I don’t believe Education, in the way you express it, is it. Again, I disagree! We don’t need to look for just those with good motives+ them capable of handling the job. Again, in the last decade, we have hired some of the most Educated out there for various leadership positions, and look were we are today.  NASS is filled with them – e.g. Obiagbon, Mark, Bankole, and the other educated entities who could not critically think up solutions for the nation’s problems as they were busy thinking of how to save for their own pockets. We have had Educated ministers—some of them taken right from big companies abroad and brought back to Nigeria to help ‘critically’ solve our problems, yet most of them have shown they are not the right tools. I mean remember Aganga?

I agree we need to rebuild, but in order to do that, we need people who are not only capable of thinking independently, understand the problem, but people with records that show they are capable of getting the job done. Education could be considered but at this point, I would say the candidates record should come higher on the list.

P.S – this is in no way an endorsement of th Buhari candidacy -- I am simply expressing my opinion on this issue.

From your comment I get that critical thinking needs to be taught in the Nigerian schools. And I do not know much about NASS. I also agree with you that the candidates' record should come high on the list, as it does us no good to elect a candidate with a terrible record. But if two candidates have outstanding records, then education might be a tie breaker.  Someone earlier also mentioned that many Nigerians lack common sense, which I am beginning to believe. I think that all our leaders lack common sense for them to have our country without power for so long. It is just annoying.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Princek12(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2011
asamuel:

@Princek12. Nigeria does not lack people with degrees. We lack people who can stand against corruption. Jonathan has demonstrated that he cannot solve Nigeria's problem of corruption by associating with OBJ, Bode George and Dame Patience. All these people have bags of corruption hanging on their neck. How then can jonathan help Nigeria if these men are behind him? That's why Buhari's past achievements are working for him.

Did you get it?

I have neither endorsed Jonathan nor any candidate, so don't think I am supporting Jonathan. I am also an independent, as I have no affiliations with any party. I do agree that birds of the same feather flock together, and that Baba Iyabo and his cronies are corrupt.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2011
Princek12:

From your comment I get that critical thinking needs to be taught in the Nigerian schools.
Absolutely – even with Nigerians out here in the developed world, you find that those who mingle in their new environment are better able to develop those skills than those who keep their runs within the Nigerian communities around here.  
Princek12:

And I do not know much about NASS. I also agree with you that the candidates' record should come high on the list, as it does us no good to elect a candidate with a terrible record. But if two candidates have outstanding records, then education might be a tie breaker.  
When we get there, I think people will instinctively decide Education should be the tie breaker, but till then, I think records matter even now, and currently we don’t have that many candidates with proven records.
Princek12:

Someone earlier also mentioned that many Nigerians lack common sense, which I am beginning to believe. I think that all our leaders lack common sense for them to have our country without power for so long. It is just annoying.
I wouldn’t say they lack common sense – I mean these are the same people who know to line their pockets as much as they can as soon as they get in office and also begin to make connections meant to help them stay in office as long as they can – I think they are simply greedy and corrupt individuals. However, I will say they lack critical thinking skills on the most part – a skill that every leader ought to possess and this, I believe is the reason why, year after year, many of them have been unable to improve on their own records to date.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by mase07: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
how can people in overseas donate to BB campaign.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by sley4life(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2011
NTA has the right to screen whatever they are to air.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Innocent3: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2011
[size=5]Sai Sharia!!![/size]

Buhari/Bakare ticket is very suspicious as far as any Christian is concerned. Why?

1. Buhari is an Islamic Red light with absolute and unhidden hatred for Christians, whom right from 2003 was asking Muslims not to vote for non Muslims.

2. And to worsen the issue, he declared his full support for Sharia through which they tormented my people in the north and if given a chance, he will end up Islamizing Nigeria.

3. In Pakistan today, a Christian is forbidden to say anything bad about Islam, but the opposite is the case for the Muslims. Death penalty is the case here. So, if voted, get ready to be a Muslim by force or face the music.

4. Bakare was once a Muslim. Choosing him as VP was just a game plan to continue with his strong hatred for Christians. So, it will be a case of "Paul must renounce Christ or be eliminated". So, it may end up as usual, Allah Akbar!! (God, I didn't say that ooo.)

5. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, one toothless Alfah  was arrested for defacing Goodluck/Sambo posters face. Why? Because they have headed their master's call to reject or destroy any Christian leadership or turn this country to Islamic Republic of Nigeria. And you want a Christian to vote for Buhari? Big mistake!

6. Muhammadu Buhari is about 69 years now. So, if voted, will likely change the constitution to become the Gadaffi II of Nigeria or better still postpone the election like the strong man of CIV(Gbagbo) to remain in power. After all, if his 4 years backward military rule could not be enough for him, would 4 years civilian rules be enough? I don't think so.

In conclusion, I wouldn't want to be going on the road with my Bible tomorrow and got harassed by Nigerian police men(trust them for that) because Buhari said "no one should carry Bible". After all, if strong men are the reason behind every successful country, Gbagbo and Col. Gaddafi are strong enough to make things happen in their respective countries.

In addition, we should understand that politics demand a simple wisdom and understanding of the  time. It's not about party rather,  it's about personalty and the timing. Elder Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu Armed wasted all his eight years in office without having any clue on how to solve ordinary Oshodi holdup come to talk of unlocking the gate of Lagos success. If we had abandoned AD(turned ACN) then, who would have known there is a any name, "Fashola" in entire Yoruba land? If ACN can achieve success through Fashola in Lagos, PDP too can turn do better through Goodluck. It's a perfect timing.

Therefore, I strongly believe the time for PDP is now with Goodluck. Let's give him the same chance we gave Fashola, and see if he will not turn Nigeria around for good before this time next two years. This time is divine, don't play politrics  with it. Goodluck/Sambo is the only reason I registered for this election. If there is any party to hate in Nigeria, PDP is one of them. But change start from one bold step of one person of one day. Vote for Goodluck/Sambo! The time for change is now.

Note: I'm not against Muslim candidate, after all, I still vote for Fashola. But, we should be able to say the truth when we see one. Buhari is a religious bigot(ram or nmeee) and should never be allowed to rule Nigeria or he will turn our country into Pakistan in the name of integrity without political agenda or manifestos. Sigh!!!

Vote for Goodluck Jonathan
If he can be President, then me too can be one tomorrow.
If he can make it, I can will make it!!!

Thanks for your time. I wish you Goodluck in your life endeavour.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by egift(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2011
Princek12:

I never said having a PhD in fisheries is required to fix Nigeria. In the same vein, having no qualifications does not make you a better candidate to fix Nigeria. What I am proposing is to weigh all the factors and the totality of the circumstances, of which education is part. Please as I have said earlier, can anyone enlighten me about Buhari.

Can you please name the caliber of military institutions Buhari attended, as I am trying to learn more about him?

Thank my brother. Buhari have a very successful career and have proved many times he is good with whatever he is asked to complete. Here is more on Buhari

Muhammadu Buhari - Bio data

Born in Daura, Katsina State, on 17 December 1942.

Education

Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai'adua, 1948-1952

Attended Katsina Model School in 1953 and Katsina Provincial Secondary School (now Government College Katsina) from 1956-1961.

Joined the then Nigerian Military Training School, Kaduna in 1963.

Attended Officer's Cadet School in Aldershot (United Kingdom), October 1963

Attended Platoon Commanders' Course at the Nigerian Military College, Kaduna, 1964

Attended the Mechanical Transport Officer's Course at the Army Mechanical Transport

School in Borden (United Kingdom) 1965

Studied at the Defense Services' Staff College, Wellington (India), 1973

Attended the United States Army War College, June 1979 to June 1980.

Military Career

Platoon Commander, 2nd Infantry Battalion, 1963-1964;

Mechanical Transport Officer, Lagos Garrison, 1964-1965;

Transport Company Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1965-1966;

Battalion Adjutant/Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1966-1967;

Brigade Major, 2nd Sector, 1st Infantry Division, April to July, 1967;

Brigade Major, 3rd Infantry Division, August 1967 - October 1968;

Acting Commander, 4th Sector, 1st Division, November 1968 - February 1970;

Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, February 1970 - June 1971;

Assistant Adjutant-General, 1st Infantry Division Headquarters, July 1971 - December 1972;

Colonel, General Staff, 3rd Infantry Division Headquarters, January 1974 - September 1974;

Acting Director Supply and Transport, Nigeria Army Corps Headquarters, September 1974 - July 1975;

Military Governor, North Eastern State of Nigeria, August 1975 - March 1976;

Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, March 1976 - June 1978;

Chairman, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, June 1978 - July 1978;

Military Secretary, Army Headquarters, July 1978 - June 1979;

Member, Supreme Military Council, July 1978 - June 1979;

General Officer Commanding, 4th Infantry Division, August 1980 - January 1981;

General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armoured Division, November 1981 - December 1983;

Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, December 1983 - August 1985.

Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), 21 March 1995 - May 1999.

Awards

GCFR: Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

DSM: Defense Service Medal

NSM: National Service Medal

GSM: General Service Medal

LSGCM: Loyal Service and Good Conduct Medal

FSS: Forces Service Star

CM: The Congo Medal

Honourary Doctorate Degrees

10 December 1994: Honorary Doctor of Science degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

21 December 1996: Honorary Doctor of Letters degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by the University of Calabar.

6 June 1998: Honorary Doctor of Law degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Benue State University.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
sley4life:

NTA has the right to screen whatever they are to air.

Yes it does but telling the people they have no right to criticize government is overstepping their bounds. NTA is not supposed to serve the Government but the people since the Government itself ought to serve the people.
Re: A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) by TeeJay6(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2011
@op correct me if i am wrong, did buhari not gag the press in 1984/85 with decree no 4?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

DSS Lied Against Us, Judges- NJC (read Full Statement) / Attack Ongoing At Malikawa In Gidan Goga, Zamfara State - Amnesty / Nigerians To Receive 1 Million PHCN Meters For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.