Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:14 AM

Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS (27136 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / President Buhari's N2.1 Billion Asokoro Mansion, Abuja - Breaking Times / Armed Robbers Raids Unity Bank At Kwali, Fct, Abuja - Breaking News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Beaf: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Hey why didn't you list Hitler, Gadaffi and Satan?  

Its amazing how you let your imaginations get the better of you. Let the facts available speak for itself, no need for all this fanciful conjecturing.

What is fanciful about blaming Atiku, IBB and Buhari for boko haram? Were you not in the country when they promised to make the place ungovernable?
The sad fact is that the top echelons of our police and army are occupied by their core-Northern Hausa-Fulani sympathisers. It will take time and immense tact to flush them out.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by ttemmi(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
Forget about ideology, Islam or whatever! This is politically motivated
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by atasteve: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
God please save our land
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jajaopobo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
Does anybody in Nigeria seriously believe Mr F***head Jonathan can solve this problem? Other than the sycophants who surround him and benefit from his govt that is!! O ga o!!
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by DDuke1: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
any casualties please?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by cbjonstage(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2011
IbroSaunks:

seriously,

this is sad! Especially as the americans are considering the fact that its possible al-qaeda network want to use Nigeria as a base.

Obama already sent some security dude of his to naija a few weeks back. we should be expecting more!
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

U JUST CONFIRMED WOT I PERCEIVE ABOUT THE WHITES GETTING INVOLVED IN OUR POLITICAL AGENDA -- BEFORE WE (9JA) KNOW IT (THEIR PLANS), GONNA BE TOO LATE, DIFFERENT GROUP SPRINGING UP 4RM NO WHERE CAUSING ANARCHY, THIS COUNTRY IS BLESSED FOR CHRIST SAKE, WE DONT FILL OUR MINDS WITH POSITIVE THOUGHTS THAT IS WHY THINGS ARE JAGA JAGA by Eedris Abdulkareem
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by 190smh: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Hey why didn't you list Hitler, Gadaffi and Satan?  

Its amazing how you let your imaginations get the better of you. Let the facts available speak for itself, no need for all this fanciful conjecturing.

LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD

ITS OBVIOUS PEOPLE CANT PUT 2 + 2 TOGETHER

THE BOMBING ON INDEPENDENCE DAY

DOES THAT RING A BELL

BOMBING IN CHURCHES

DOES THAT RING A BELL - GEJ IS A CHRISTIAN REMEMBER

BOMBING IN MILITARY BARRACKS DOES THAT RING A BELL

I PUT THIS QUESTION TO YOU - WHAT BUSINESS DOES BOKO HARAM HAVE WITH UNN

IM NOT REALLY INTO POLICTICS BUT ITS 100000% OBVIOUS THAT THESE BOMBINGS HAVE TO DO WITH SOMEONE WHO'S

NOT HAPPY WITH GEJ AND RECENTLY LOST THE LAST ELECTIONS,

SHOULD GEJ DROP OUT OF OFFICE TODAY, YOU WOULD CEASE TO HEAR OF ANY BOMBINGS NOR BOKO HARAM

MARK MY WORDS

IBB, ATIKU AND BUHARI ARE BEHIND THESE BOMBINGS
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by hercules07: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
You guys should remove Buhari's name from that list, IBB is devilish enough to be involved, Atiku no get liver for this kan thing but Buhari loves the country too much to be involved in this nonsense. GEJ should sack all of his security chiefs.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
@Zibe. Sense no make you see the bold

And if the donor's blood pressure at the time of donation is Okay, Like stable, he is safe to donate.

If you were wise you will know that Most, if not nearly 70 Percent of people with High Blood Pressure, their BP doesn't just shoot high every time.

So they are mostly safe to donate!

Moreover, the guy made it seem like High Blood Pressure was among a condition for one's blood to be rejected.

He possibly thinks HBP is transferable by blood  grin
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by nagoma(m): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
"C
'mon don't be dramatic. After all according to GEJ, bombs go off in every part of the world. Maybe we should get used to it.

While most causes are to terrorize and revenge, this cause is "establish an Islamic state in Northern Nigeria" which is clearly unfeasible and unrealistic. "

Who wants to establish islamic state? There are millions of muslims in N.Nigeria, so far much of the bombing and killing has affected them as much as anybody - todays sad event is a new escalation. Instead of sitting down and blaming all muslims why cant somebody actually find the people causing this and why? It is building much hatred in our land. Millions of muslims with no idea of what is happening and no support to this wanton criminal destruction are daily insulted and abused and they are also bombed by the bombers. Please Please Please find out who is doing this to my country and its people. These armchair theorists on NL who are reckless and unmindful with their language are simply aggravating the hatred and enemity between people - all this because no body seems to be willing to conduct a proper security work and tell Nigerians.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by POTUT(m): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
I suspected the Nigeria police will resume business as usual after some weeks of inactivity by the Boko Haram in Abuja, and true to their nature, they did.

After the Police HQ bombing, I carried a bag into the airport lounge and on approach, a group of 4 policemen at the entrance stopped me.

As i was bringing out my hand to shake them, a 200 naira note fell on the floor and the nearest policeman trapped it with his foot and moved aside for me to pass on into the lobby with my laptop bag. It could have been a bomb, I wasn't traveling, just went to see someone off. I didnt know the language had become so sublime to bribe the police. You don't even need to speak, just let money drop from your pocket and they immediately start responding.

The UN office had separate car parks. How did the truck get in there?

Was someone bribed to turn a blind eye?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Spclst900: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
where will the next bombing be at? this is the next question
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by zibe(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
When Jonathan addressed the nation at the last bomb blast that rocked Abuja, he said there's no cause for panic, that everything's under control. I wonder what he's gonna say this time around,

Meanwhile, my heart goes out to all the victims and their relatives.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2011
alj. harem people
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by pinkrex(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Spclst900:

where will the next bombing be at?  this is the next question

In your head! Goddamn rhetoric question seeking for an answer!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
The funny and annoying thing is that by next week the government will go back to business as usual like nothing happened. When are we going to stop treating events like this with kid gloves. Are we waiting until Aso rock is targeted before we act? Innocent people in their hundreds have dies since this current president took office in the most gruesome murders that can ever happen. Let's not forget the post election violence that snuffed out the lives of NYSC members and other Nigerians, yet we're going about our duty like nothing happened. Rewind, about a year ago, the Jos crises shook this country and we all thought that was the last straw of the kiillings in Nigeria and that heaven was gong to come down but our government once again reminded us that they're one of the most useless in the world. Only God will save us in this lawless country of ours.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by 3kay945(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Who  will save us in this country? i lost hope in bro jona right from the first day. cry
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by PointB: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2011
alj_harem:

boy mumu

In this present time the most predominate terrorist are muslim Ok. i AGREE

2000 yrs ago it was the jews. or am i lying

about 500 yrs ago, it was the Christians . or am i lying

the Muslim one start 21 yrs ago from bush's father and sadam 1990

so stop your ignorance and your bigoted talk
Ok, it's muslim's turn to sacrifice blood to allah? Perhaps for next four thousand years? Ok keep it up? Continue slaughtering your fellow humans in the name of religion simply because others did it before you.

Guy, I thought you were stewpid, I didn't know I was insulting stewpid by puttiing you on same pedestal with them. Where did you crawl out from? Are u a maggot?

pinkrex:

Send muslim dominated security force or army to fight muslims?? It is rather dumb! we need a miracle undecided undecided

No problem then, let them continue to slaughter mainly southerners and christians; when the wood insect gathers sticks, on it's head it carries it.

It is coming . . .
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by gokuu(m): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
Where are the so-called human right activists when you need them! Its only in gentle matters that we see them! I think this is a work of ghadaffi, becos Nigeria was so quick to acknoledge the rebels in libya!
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by laj1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
bOko HARaM are THe TErroRistS,thE terROrISTS are the musliMS AND thE mUSlimS arE THe bOMberS.God DO noT sparE THEIR lives because theY Have done EnOuGH haRMS TO Nigeria.lET thEM be BLast In THE FACES.Oh GoD I prAy tO THee.Let THem BE REStless aNd MaY JaH trOUBle THeir minds, tHEy ARE sPOnsORED FRom OUtsIde THe cOUNtRY, oluwa MI moN Be be,se wON bi Ose SE n SE Oju.amIN AMIN ASE.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Finecat(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
The sad part is that some @$$wipes will be comparing Nigeria to developed countries. Islamic Fanatics has turned Abuja to landmines and Jonathan just sits there like all is well. This guy will go down as the most clueless president Nigeria ever had. Everything he does is very annoying. He seems to be under the command of his subordinates.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by whosefault(f): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2011
The intel by our security officers are very poor, there is a trend that I have notice
When Nigeria supported the anti-terrorism act by the United States, the following week book haram started. Just yesterday, the ambassador of united state made comment about Gadhafi and today, bombing at UN house.  Since Nigeria started the war with the western world to fight against terrorism, we should be prepared to fight these terrorist.
This does not have anything to do with GEJ being weak, and other passed president strong. This ugly trend is being financed by terrorist group. Our borders are porous, the law enforcement agencies are corrupt; instead of looking at the safety of their citizens, they look for one flashy car that will drive-by and give them N1000 and bus drivers that they will collect N20.
Ghana is close to us, why are we not hearing this problem in their country, because they understand that once you make comment or take a stand against terrorism, you’ll definitely be the target since they cannot get into USA.

God save Nigeria we pray,
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by whyMMM: 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2011
no be say matter oh
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by pinkrex(m): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
gokuu:

Where are the so-called human right activists when you need them! Its only in gentle matters that we see them! I think this is a work of ghadaffi, becos Nigeria was so quick to acknoledge the rebels in libya!

What are dumb observation. You are so off point! when Ghadafhi is running away from the bounty placed on his head he will now have time for low life Nieria to battle with

Is boko haram affiliated with libya??/
Otondo obe dudu like you
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Mojibola(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
[
gokuu:

Gaddafi??!!!, i think the guy has more in his hands than to think of Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by mrman2(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
Tomorrow's headline will read something like this: UN OFFICE BOMBED, FEDRAL GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS THE PERPETRATORS. After the condemnation comes the five man panel of inquiry or something like that sha,
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by otooro1: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
Please people I beg you all to research on the Rothschilds family, the new world order, the world bank, the central banks and your eyes will open.

This is really serious stuff I am asking you guys and all shall be reveled to you before it is too late,
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by auwal87(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
I think they are just taking advantage of the security lapses in Nigeria!

There wasn't any "Terrorist Attack" in the US since September 11th. While Terrorist's number 1 target is the US, the security measures taken by the US security agencies has proven to be successful.

Why hasn't Nigeria taken security measures that can tackle this kind of attacks in the future?
Why is it that the President only comes out to say "there are terrorists attacks all over the world"?
Why are the security agencies very slow in trying to capture the leaders of the so called "boko haram"?

Possible Reasons: Nigeria simply lacks "Honest" Intelligence, and the US and Europe are not willing to assist Nigeria in finding the solution to this problem because of their previous reports that Nigeria will break-up by the year 2015. They do have interest of this at heart. While it is not evil thing to divide the country, but doing it in Peace and resolution is better than this way.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by werepeLeri: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2011
Finecat:

The sad part is that some @$$wipes will be comparing Nigeria to developed countries. Islamic Fanatics has turned Abuja to landmines and Jonathan just sits there like all is well. This guy will go down as the most clueless president Nigeria ever had. Everything he does is very annoying. He seems to be under the command of his subordinates.

LOL. We should replace him with you, maybe.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by blank(f): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
Today was the longest day of my life. I thank God it is all over. May God's name be praised.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jaybee3(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
Na real wa mehn, Ma sis who is a doc at the National Hospital just confirmed growing numbers of gruesome deaths due to the blast.
God help us all
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by POTUT(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
@190smh

It may be political, but why are Muslims the one to be used. If it was a non-muslim that lost the elections, would he resort to 'non-islamize Nigeria?'

There is something about Islam that promotes/justifies these kinds of terrorism. Period!

GEJ is , GEJ is, I really don't know what to say?

Is he afraid of something? Or some people? And why does he make unguarded, miscalculated statements. Didn't he once say 'we know these people?'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Presidency Doubts Mu’azu’s Loyalty –punch Investigation / Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Operation Python Dance: Igbos March To Aso Rock Villa To Commend Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.