Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,924 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:36 AM

Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS (27130 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / President Buhari's N2.1 Billion Asokoro Mansion, Abuja - Breaking Times / Armed Robbers Raids Unity Bank At Kwali, Fct, Abuja - Breaking News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Kinikini: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
There is something inherent in Islam, something unspoken, unwritten but nonetheless existent that allows Muslims to become terrorists and justify it with Islam.

That thing is hidden deep in the Arabic language but not found in the Quran, something Muslims from other diluted parts of the world only get to know when they associate with the terrorists.

Why is it that all terrorists who find justification in their religion have an allegiance to Islam?

The terrorists who are not Muslims have NEVER mentioned the Bible, or any other religious text in their propaganda. Why?

@alj harem,
They have not stolen your religion, there is something unwritten in Arabic, (and traceable to Mohammed), only the few , and the undiluted Jews know it.

Poster - This type of post shows something. Both the poster and whoever concur to it have deep hatred for muslims and only looks out for this type of occurrences to bash muslims. Hating muslims and stereotyping will not make all xtians or budhism. Even God created the world with lots of diversity and most people are born to a particular faith. For you who are muslim haters, what if you were born a muslim.
Matter of fact is violence whether terrorism, militancy, war and others abound in all parts of the world. Where a country's security forces are up to the task, they prevent innocent people from harm and abort such violent attacks. We do not kknow why this Nigerian govt has not come up with the sponsors of this violent group up to date. Who knows they may be sponsored by the powers that be as a way to further weaken the Federal govt in Nigeria. Afterall, a weakened federation will be easy to break and we know the oil will be for only those that sits atop the oil lands.
Otherwise, we would say the present govt is grossly incompetent.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by merix01: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
It's now a know fact that Nigeria is a failed state, let face the fact and put it on the table for discussion either we embrace true federalism or break the country totally. we can't continue like this where some people are working hard to keep the country and others are bent on destroying it.[/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
and to think some are happy and saying 'enjoy your fresh air'. SMH.
how can someone lose his humanity because of political leanings? cry
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by pinkrex(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
mr_man:

Tomorrow's headline will read something like this: UN OFFICE BOMBED, FEDRAL GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS THE PERPETRATORS. After the condemnation comes the five man panel of inquiry or something like that sha,

God bless you ojare. Thats all we will hear.

What are the panel reports on the first attack

Clueless set of people in Government cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Bawss1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
190smh:

LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD

ITS OBVIOUS PEOPLE CANT PUT 2 + 2 TOGETHER

THE BOMBING ON INDEPENDENCE DAY

DOES THAT RING A BELL

BOMBING IN CHURCHES

DOES THAT RING A BELL - GEJ IS A CHRISTIAN REMEMBER

BOMBING IN MILITARY BARRACKS DOES THAT RING A BELL

I PUT THIS QUESTION TO YOU - WHAT BUSINESS DOES BOKO HARAM HAVE WITH UNN

IM NOT REALLY INTO POLICTICS BUT ITS 100000% OBVIOUS THAT THESE BOMBINGS HAVE TO DO WITH SOMEONE WHO'S

NOT HAPPY WITH GEJ AND RECENTLY LOST THE LAST ELECTIONS,

SHOULD GEJ DROP OUT OF OFFICE TODAY, YOU WOULD CEASE TO HEAR OF ANY BOMBINGS NOR BOKO HARAM

MARK MY WORDS

IBB, ATIKU AND BUHARI ARE BEHIND THESE BOMBINGS

In your case 2 + 2 = 22 abi

I'm not defending anyone here but recall the embarrassment of the government when they tried to pin the independence bomb blast on IBB.

Just because you share a different political affiliation from that of Buhari Atiku or IBB doesn't mean they are responsible for all these terrorist acts. Besides didn't Boko Haram start their mayhem back in 2009? Why didn't anyone link them with Buhari then?  Till proven otherwise your comments are nothing more but spiteful conjectures.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by gokuu(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
pinkrex:

What are dumb observation. You are so off point! when Ghadafhi is running away from the bounty placed on his head he will now have time for low life Nieria to battle with

Is boko haram affiliated with libya??/
Otondo obe dudu like you
Is it not the same ghadaffi that has been telling people to come out and remove 'rats' from the streets? Nigeria takes a position against ghadafi today, and tomorrow bombs explode in Nigeria, when a witch whales in the night and a child dies in the morning, where will fingers point?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by sexyskimpz: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2011
afta jxt one month of their so called ramadan fast, They ve resolved 2 start throwin bombs like knockout again.!.grin** dis is jxt d beginnin of more bombs, GE, beware.!!
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Finecat(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2011
It's bad combination of serious problems with Nigeria. A nation where the majority of her citizens are affiliated with a very violent religion combined with a chronically inept Government. What good can come out of this?? Will you invest a business in a region as this??
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Bash92(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
Spclst900:

where will the next bombing be at?  this is the next question
By d grace of God aso rock so dat d president wil know how it feel to lose a loved one
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by beejaei: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
This the beginning of the end of Nigeria. All it takes now is for the US to be able to connect some terrorist activity to Boko Haram and we are done for. Or we will get used to weekly bombings like Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan. Can we separate already?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by IbroSaunks(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
for pits sake,

why do we all behave like this? somehow we turn something so  sad into an avenue to bitterly apportion blame and all. this isn't cool, we are supposed to be monitoring the situation and making suggestions about how to reduce the impact of this thing. sorry to say apportioning blame isn't going to change anything!

I am a yoruba muslim, and as far as im concerned, i don't think anyone has ever heard of any yoruba muslim bombing somewhere, there are many muslims in yoruba land, and if it was a "muslim" thing, yorubaland would be suffering too! So why are u now blaming islam at large? We also feel terrible about this thing. Im sure there are many muslims that have been affected by this bombings too. Do you think they wanted to die, or lose their brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers?

y'all should stop insulting each other. we all feel bad about this.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by teeboyseve(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
Fellow Nigerians please get ready to be invaded by the US,UK and the rest of em. I cry for my beloved Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by bioye(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
The destroyed car used for the bombing.  Toyota Camry 2010  Registration number:  Kano AV 38 NSR.

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by dagboss(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
What are dumb observation. You are so off point! when Ghadafhi is running away from the bounty placed on his head he will now have time for low life Nieria to battle with

Is boko haram affiliated with libya??/
Otondo obe dudu like you

@Pinkrex

Please dont write off his/her own opinion like that you never know this incident may be a fall-out from the senseless, irrational, ill-advised recognition of the Transitional Government of Libya by bross Jona. I said it just yesterday that this man may not be the right choice for this country he has been taking too many wrong steps of late. Shiooooo
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nigerians are funny sha. Tell them the truth and they argue even when they no dey make sense. Curse the president them go shout "he has a phd o". Correct. In zoology. Tell me how that's been benefiting us. Someone said Nigeria is not a baboon country. I'm still scratching my head.

Any updates? Lousy NTA still wants to show petroleum ministers and incompetent police chiefs: "we have something like a '911' number but it doesn't work. It's a bit long anyway". Who no go fear for Naija? E don tey wey ekwensu checkmate God for our matter. I taya.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by COUNTAWO: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
IS THIS THE FRESH AIR sad angry
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by bioye(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
Weeping UN Staff after the bombing,

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Chyz2: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
The bombing has nothing to do with Islam. Also, we  "Nigerians" know ourselves, or should at least know ourselves by now. We DO NOT go around bombing and suicide bombing. I find it a coincidence that it "just happens" to be the UN building that gets bombed. WHat a way for foreign powers to use an excuse to invade nigeria directly/indirectly to control our resources. Nigeria is said to break up in 2015, how do you know this unless you are going to have a hand in it?

Long story short, this is not an Islam thing, this is not a Northern thing, this is not a Hausa thing, neither is it the works of politicians to outst Goodluck Jonathan.This is the beginning of the act to throw the country into panic and anarchy to set a neo-colonial agenda by external powers, external meaning non-African.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
Just when one thought it couldn't get any worse. The latest report is that blood donors have lined up at National Hospital but there are no syringes to draw blood. I'm done talking.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Allwell(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
We need Jack Baeur in this country o. Two high profile bomb blasts within three months shows intelligence failure!
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
For those of you blaming Islam for these problems. Is it only in the north that we see evidence of the problems that are plaguing this country? What about 419 scam, bribery and corruption etc. What is going on is as a result of the failure of the Nigerian leadership to rise up t ao the occasion and say enough is enough practically and not just some prepared speech.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Abagworo(m): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

In your case 2 + 2 = 22 abi

I'm not defending anyone here but recall the embarrassment of the government when they tried to pin the independence bomb blast on IBB.

Just because you share a different political affiliation from that of Buhari Atiku or IBB doesn't mean they are responsible for all these terrorist acts. Besides didn't Boko Haram start their mayhem back in 2009? Why didn't anyone link them with Buhari then?  Till proven otherwise your comments are nothing more but spiteful conjectures.

You are on point.We need to look beyond our borders to solve these crisis.I personally suspect that Nigeria is being used as a battle ground for international war between the West and Arabs.Our best solution is to strengthen our borders.Here in Rivers,A Liberian and Guinean were arrested for armed robbery last week.All the labourers,Gatemen and house helps in my estate are Ivoiriens,Guineans,Senegalese and Liberians.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
because MUSLIMS didn't won the Presidential seat   cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by POTUT(m): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
Quite frankly, I do not believe yet that the likes of IBB, Atiku and Buhari are behind the bombings.

However, their body language is so unhelpful.

Now to GEJ, stop using kid gloves. The people of Nigeria demand concrete, articulated actions.

If I had seen that truck parking in the garage of the UN building, and wanted to alert the police, how could I have done it? No 911, 999 number to call. If I decide to go to the station, by the I get there, the bomb would have gone off. And when I finally get there, they would say I put the bomb there.

REFORM THE POLICE NOW. SACK ALL OF THEM AND REDO THE BUDGET!
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by cap28: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
this bombing has nothing whatsoever to do with the north.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by seanet02: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
Chyz*:

The bombing has nothing to do with Islam. Also, we  "Nigerians" know ourselves, or should at least know ourselves by now. We DO NOT go around bombing and suicide bombing. I find it a coincidence that it "just happens" to be the UN building that gets bombed. WHat a way for foreign powers to use an excuse to invade nigeria directly/indirectly to control our resources. Nigeria is said to break up in 2015, how do you know this unless you are going to have a hand in it?

Long story short, this is not an Islam thing, this is not a Northern thing, this is not a Hausa thing, neither is it the works of politicians to outst Goodluck Jonathan.This is the beginning of the act to throw the country into panic and anarchy to set a neo-colonial agenda by external powers, external meaning non-African.
afam4eva:

For those of you blaming Islam for these problems. Is it only in the north that we see evidence of the problems that are plaguing this country? What about 419 scam, bribery and corruption etc. What is going on is as a result of the failure of the Nigerian leadership to rise up t ao the occasion and say enough is enough practically and not just some prepared speech.
[size=20pt]No be the Two of you dey shout Fresh Air before the election?
Enjoy your fresh Air o[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jajaopobo(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
Maybe jarhead jonathan will go and look for another woman who he can hide behind to take all the difficult decisions regarding the security situation in the country like he did with Ngozi (luv her work BTW). Gosh that guy is spineless, and to think some people were singing his praises during the election.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by redsun(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nigeria is fcked,a country without a consolidated security network like nigeria,corruptly and morally decayed cannot fight off zombie flesh eaters like alqueda
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by otooro1: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
This has got nothing to do with Christians, Muslims, tribe or anything this is the plan of the people who are behind this to make you all believe and my isn't it working.

I will implore you all to research on the rothschilds, the new world order and their plans for the world.

Please ignore If you wish but I will keep saying this till the end.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by layifioren(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Just when one thought it couldn't get any worse. The latest report is that blood donors have lined up at National Hospital but there are no syringes to draw blood. I'm done talking.

I could have told you that.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by bioye(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
Pictures of the injured.

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by 3kay945(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
bro jona is not qualified  for the post, he is grossly incompetent. he recruit ngozi to drive the economy and thinks he is making waves when many unresolved issues rest under his bed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How We Plan To Take Yellow Buses Off Road – Lagos Govt / How Saraki Saved Buhari From Impeachment Call - Video / There’s No Human Being Who Is 100% Clean, EFCC Chair Replies Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.