Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,313 members, 7,891,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:55 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212909 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2012
[quote author=Beehandz]

I have admission to Vancouver Island University, BC (GIS Postgrad). Maple Education for my Visa processing. My documents were submitted to CDHC 2weeks ago. So far, I’ve read on this thread pple that got their medical call up in 3weeks and
I’m hoping I will fall into same category by next week.

What is the total cost for ur program and is it a PGD program. Wht is d program lenght??
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2012
[quote author=xtus][/quote]

The total cost is $14kCAD and its a PGD for 1year
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
gini:

Ok. Thanks a lot. I may not be able to use your method because my school uses different courier companies who send their staff for pick up. But then you've really helped me a great deal as now I know that the Visa office doesn't mind a transcript that is not in a sealed envelope so I'll apply and let them send to a company where a friend works then I'll pick up from the friend and add it to my application package. Chikena!

So it also means that even the sponsor's bank statement has to be open ie no document should be in a sealed envelope.

Thanks again.

Request for Statement of Result (You will do dat at Records and Data, 1st floor Senate House). Your transcript is meant for Academic inst, while your statement of result would serve other purposes including embassy needs.Your Statement of result can be handed to you unlike Transcripts that will not be handed to you in Unilag. No need to cut corners.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Olamilec(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
2sexy: Newacca,I just want to say a BIG thanks for reaching out to me. I will do everything possible to get the necessary elements that is needed in order to make my travel a success.

I also want to use this medium to let anybody here know that Canada is this place to be. There are jobs there, especially in the oil and gas industry over there.

How did I know about this if I have never been to Canada? Two things say so. One, the people who have been there have come here(nairaland) to say what they know about Canada. Also, I subscribed to indeed.com job alert, which is specifically streamlined to alert me of any jobs vacancies in the oil and gas sector of Canada. Believe it or not, I get up to 50 opening every week and that is about 200 vacancies every month. There are other areas to explore in this regard. Just head over to indeed.com and you can do the same.

I am hoping to travel to Canada and stay there after my PGD.
God Help Us All, Amen!

Uhmmm I really appreciate your hope and even encouragement for others I find the site your recommended www.indeed.com very interesting even as a young police officer being thinking of going to Canada, I discover my worth through all those security job listing cos as a computer scientist, counter terrorist personnel my hope is fully reactivated about Canada. I will see you when I get to Canada. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
bumdish:

Request for Statement of Result (You will do dat at Records and Data, 1st floor Senate House). Your transcript is meant for Academic inst, while your statement of result would serve other purposes including embassy needs.Your Statement of result can be handed to you unlike Transcripts that will not be handed to you in Unilag. No need to cut corners.

Thanks Bumdish. The CIC website says Transcripts, I hope they wont mind the statement of result.

What's the statement of result like? Does it list all courses taken with Grades? Transcript lists all courses takken with points and the calculation of the CGPA. I just want to know the diffference between the statement of result and the transcript.

Which school will you be attending in Canada? What course and what is your start date? Good luck with ur Visa application. I'll like to be informed on your process as am yet to apply myself. Am waiting for the original hardcopy offer of acceptance and admission letter from my school. My start date is September 5th. In the meantime, am arranging my supporting documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
Paschal137: @dipo+,
I dont think it works lyk dat.I did an engineering course in my first degree,but right now,i have my visa to study Human Recources Management in canada.So u see.....

This is interesting. Your first degree Engineering has nothing to do with HRM at least I have an Msc in IRPM so I know.

Please how did you go about answering the Study Permit Questionnaire as regards the point I made above. And pls what was your response to the question in the questionnaire that seeks to find out the difference in your proposed course off study and similar courses in Nigeri.

Am yet to make my visa application as am waiting for Harcopies of my Admission and Acceptance Letter from my school. The study permit questionnaire makes my heart skip each time I remember the questions on it. I don't know how best to go about answering the. Am going for an MPH in Canada. My first degree is in Sociology and I have a Masters in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management which is basically Human Resources Management.

Pls people any thoughts on this? Great ideas are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
bamshy:

Filled forms (Questionnaire, family info, e.t.c)
6 months statement of accounts
Land documents and receipts
Representative's (Agent) cover letter
Letters from fund managers and statements of accounts including CSCS
Admission letter from College stating total living expenses plus tuition fees
Statement of purpose letter
Letter from employer stating annual income and employment date
Payslips for the past three months.
My credentials and professional certificates

Is it exactly the Statement of Purpose Letter directed to the school used for your admission application to the Canadian schoolthat you added to your Visa Application or did you re-write and adapt it addressing it to the embassy? Please share.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 2:56am On Apr 30, 2012
gini:

Thanks Bumdish. The CIC website says Transcripts, I hope they wont mind the statement of result.

What's the statement of result like? Does it list all courses taken with Grades? Transcript lists all courses takken with points and the calculation of the CGPA. I just want to know the diffference between the statement of result and the transcript.

Which school will you be attending in Canada? What course and what is your start date? Good luck with ur Visa application. I'll like to be informed on your process as am yet to apply myself. Am waiting for the original hardcopy offer of acceptance and admission letter from my school. My start date is September 5th. In the meantime, am arranging my supporting documents.

U answered yourself. The CIC site says transcripts. The statement of results only gives information about the course you studied and the class u finished with (2.1 or 1st class grade. It doesn't even tell your overall CGPA). Though it is logical that the embassy can mak
e do with you statement of results, but you used your transcripts to apply to the school and the CIC site explicitly says transcripts. So why take a risk of having your application delayed about something you were instructed about cl
early
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Top9jajamz: 3:56am On Apr 30, 2012
gini:

Is it exactly the Statement of Purpose Letter directed to the school used for your admission application to the Canadian schoolthat you added to your Visa Application or did you re-write and adapt it addressing it to the embassy? Please share.

Hello Gini,I'm in the same shoes as you are.I'm also waiting from my hardcopy admission letter from MUN for postgraduate studies before submitting to CDHC.
I was wondering if you could add me on yahoo messenger.My ID is ojevsmack.

@All,can you tell use how to fill the study permit questions,
so u fill in capital letters throughout?
should one print and fill in ink or its ok to print out type on it using typewriter technology...
a link to a completed sample would be 9ice.

Does submitting to VAC qualify as use of representative?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 6:10am On Apr 30, 2012
The questionnaire is to be filled in handwriting. No electronic device like 'typewriter'. Submitting with VAC doesn't equate to use of a representative.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 6:14am On Apr 30, 2012
The questionnaire is to be filled in handwriting. No electronic device like 'typewriter'. Submitting with VAC doesn't equate to use of a representative. VAC is not a agent/representative
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Top9jajamz:

Hello Gini,I'm in the same shoes as you are.I'm also waiting from my hardcopy admission letter from MUN for postgraduate studies before submitting to CDHC.
I was wondering if you could add me on yahoo messenger.My ID is ojevsmack.

@All,can you tell use how to fill the study permit questions,
so u fill in capital letters throughout?
should one print and fill in ink or its ok to print out type on it using typewriter technology...
a link to a completed sample would be 9ice.

Does submitting to VAC qualify as use of representative?
Thanks

When was ur own acceptance letter sent out of the school? You can fill those pdf files electronically, don't forget to date and sign it. I mean the IMM1294E.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Imoro: 7:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Hi all,

Do u guys tink I'd likely get a visa if I apply for a one year grad certificate??

Most ppl talk of grad diploma wch I tink is more advanced... I cant seem to find a grad diploma in my chosen field - IT...

Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2012
dipo+:

U answered yourself. The CIC site says transcripts. The statement of results only gives information about the course you studied and the class u finished with (2.1 or 1st class grade. It doesn't even tell your overall CGPA). Though it is logical that the embassy can mak
e do with you statement of results, but you used your transcripts to apply to the school and the CIC site explicitly says transcripts. So why take a risk of having your application delayed about something you were instructed about cl
early

While I appreciate your input I would beg that we do not make categorically statements on specifics we are not privy to.

If you are taking about statement of result from unilag, then you are taking about a document listing all the courses you offered Semester by semester. The grade scored per course is also listed against each course. Your gpa and cgpa is also calculated by semester per session. The document also contains the description of the the score range each grade represents. Also, you will get 4 sheets for a 4 year program and 5 sheets for a 5 year course; each sheets showing your courses/grades per session and the last sheets shows your final grade and graduating class. Each sheets would also be stamped and sign by the schools authority.

There is always more always more than one way to enter the market. Just choose the best route that gives your soul some peace.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2012
dipo+:

early

While I appreciate your input I would beg that we do not make categorically statements on specifics we are not privy to.

If you are taking about statement of result from unilag, then you are taking about a document listing all the courses you offered Semester by semester. The grade scored per course is also listed against each course. Your gpa and cgpa is also calculated by semester per session. The document also contains the description of the the score range each grade represents. Also, you will get 4 sheets for a 4 year program and 5 sheets for a 5 year course; each sheets showing your courses/grades per session and the last sheets shows your final grade and graduating class. Each sheets would also be stamped and sign by the schools authority.

There is always more always more than one way to enter the market. Just choose the best route that gives your soul some peace.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2012
gini: Thanks Bumdish. The CIC website says Transcripts, I hope they wont mind the statement of result.

dipo+:

early

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 8:33am On Apr 30, 2012
dipo+:
The questionnaire is to be filled in handwriting. No electronic device like 'typewriter'. Submitting with VAC doesn't equate to use of a representative. VAC is not a agent/representative

dipo+ is absolutely correct on the VAC issue but for filling the questionnaire with typewritter . . . hmmm . . . As far as Instructions are concerned the only one I can see on the questionnaire is Please complete this questionnaire. If additional space is required add another sheet of paper. . There is nothing saying it must be Hand writing or Machine typed etc.

To me, what matters is the content and its legibility. Fine, you have to read in between the lines but excessive assumptions may do no much good.

A case in sample, form IMM1294 was specific on this You must answer all the questions on this application form unless indicated otherwise. Download and fill out the application form on a computer.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2012
@ Bumdish and Dipo+ : Thanks for your help and input.

@ ojevsmack : I've added you on yahoo messenger, though the request is still pending.

@ Paschal137 and Fhemmy: will like to have your personal contact for communication if you won't mind. I can give you my email address or BB Pin whichever is more convienient.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2012
bumdish:

So transcripts and 'statement of result' from unilag contain nearly the same information. I speak from my knowledge, and a student of unilag should know what information in contained on the school's 'statement of result'. I maintain that if CIC says transcripts, send transcripts.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2012
dipo+:

So transcripts and 'statement of result' from unilag contain nearly the same information. I speak from my knowledge, and a student of unilag should know what information in contained on the school's 'statement of result'. I maintain that if CIC says transcripts, send transcripts.

I haven't seen what a transcript looks like cos I am not meant to . . . at least, for now. I av simply described what a Unilag Statement of Result looks like and that is what I used. if you are still in doubt, 1st floor Senate building, Records and Data is their to clear your doubts.You could also visit, http://www.unilag.edu.ng/transcript.pdf , mail records@unilag.edu.ng, unilagrecords@yahoo.co.uk or unilagrecords@gmail.com or call 018509585, 017412788, 07044607904 (Between 11am & 3pm, Mon – Fri). Ask the Authorities your questions and intentions, then you'll be able to make up your mind.

For me, I would never advise anyone to cut corner or start tipping a post man around a bend.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2012
gini:

@ Paschal137 and Fhemmy: will like to have your personal contact for communication if you won't mind. I can give you my email address or BB Pin whichever is more convienient.

If you ask your question on this forum, that might help others as well . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2012
@ Fhemmy that's very true. I made the request because of Paschal's peculiar case.I referred to his post and asked a question but got no answer. Please see my quoted message below and the question I asked to see if you can help. Thanks.
gini:

This is interesting. Your first degree Engineering has nothing to do with HRM at least I have an Msc in IRPM so I know.

Please how did you go about answering the Study Permit Questionnaire as regards the point I made above. And pls what was your response to the question in the questionnaire that seeks to find out the difference in your proposed course off study and similar courses in Nigeri.

Am yet to make my visa application as am waiting for Harcopies of my Admission and Acceptance Letter from my school. The study permit questionnaire makes my heart skip each time I remember the questions on it. I don't know how best to go about answering the. Am going for an MPH in Canada. My first degree is in Sociology and I have a Masters in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management which is basically Human Resources Management.

Pls people any thoughts on this? Great ideas are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
Olamilec:

Uhmmm I really appreciate your hope and even encouragement for others I find the site your recommended www.indeed.com very interesting even as a young police officer being thinking of going to Canada, I discover my worth through all those security job listing cos as a computer scientist, counter terrorist personnel my hope is fully reactivated about Canada. I will see you when I get to Canada. Thanks.
I'm glad that you find my post helpful. I tell ya, Canada is the right place to be.

I may not be in Canada so soon as a result financial constrain. However, I am not giving up on my goal to be in Canada.

I've explored every possible means to get a sponsor and all have failed but I thank God for knowledge he has blessed me with and hopefully, I shall be putting my knowledge to work in order to generate the money I want.

I can't do anything now because I will be graduating this year but that notwithstanding, I have faith that by 2013, I will be in Canada by my own sweat. . .

To God be the Glory... In God we trust!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
Dear All,
Please i need your advise. I already have admision at Canada.The offer has three start dates, i can decide to start on the first week of classes in either May, sept/Jan (Spring /summer/winter)
I have January in mind because i will be eligible for study leave by November. However, i applied for September due to the long processing times witnessed by my friends that applied last year. It seems things have changed now and processing is faster. My question is, if i get trv by September, can i wait and go for January ( as planned) or do i go and withdraw my application cos i dont want to travel without study leave.

A friend advised that i take leave by August, go to Canada ,get the study permit and come back...Wat do you think?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
2sexy:
I'm glad that you find my post helpful. I tell ya, Canada is the right place to be.

I may not be in Canada so soon as a result financial constrain. However, I am not giving up on my goal to be in Canada.

I've explored every possible means to get a sponsor and all have failed but I thank God for knowledge he has blessed me with and hopefully, I shall be putting my knowledge to work in order to generate the money I want.

I can't do anything now because I will be graduating this year but that notwithstanding, I have faith that by 2013, I will be in Canada by my own sweat. . .

That's the spirit. Good luck to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
2sexy:

I like your determination.
You have to start planning from the day you get your first job. Shed off unnecessary expenses( some people will see you as being miserly) . Most of my colleagues in the same grade dont have as much savings and investment as i have. Its because i had my eyes on the ball.Focus! And most importantly,dont forget to commit ur plan to God . He will give you ideas that can multiply you financially quickly
I wish you the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Olamilec(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2012
@All... Pls i need a candid and sincere advise. Am a young police officer with many advanced police courses like counter terrorism, computer appreciation and detective course and i have National Diploma in Computer Science and i have been thinking of study in Canada. My questions are these (1) Do you think i should go for a course relating to security or i should continue inline of my course of study which is computer science (2) Do you think i can have any problem concerning age cos am 26 now if i still want to go for undergrad or diploma (3) Is there any problem using SSCE(NECO) of 2001 and my ND of 2011 (4) Should i include my statement of account with my sponsor and my payslip with my sponsor's own and will the amount in that my account affect the application cos i only have N500,000 in it. (5) The Police Report is it necessary it must be from Alagbon Police CID HQ? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lillaowow(m): 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
Olamilec: @All... Pls i need a candid and sincere advise. Am a young police officer with many advanced police courses like counter terrorism, computer appreciation and detective course and i have National Diploma in Computer Science and i have been thinking of study in Canada. My questions are these (1) Do you think i should go for a course relating to security or i should continue inline of my course of study which is computer science (2) Do you think i can have any problem concerning age cos am 26 now if i still want to go for undergrad or diploma (3) Is there any problem using SSCE(NECO) of 2001 and my ND of 2011 (4) Should i include my statement of account with my sponsor and my payslip with my sponsor's own and will the amount in that my account affect the application cos i only have N500,000 in it. (5) The Police Report is it necessary it must be from Alagbon Police CID HQ? Thanks.

(wow!!)
Police report should be easier now that we've got an officer on board (smiles)
welcome sir!!!
guys abeg make una answer officer's question
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
@2sexy,
I like your post. I like your courage. God has his reasons of doing things. Good luck my brova.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ifegy: 11:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
mercylicious: Dear All,
Please i need your advise. I already have admision at Canada.The offer has three start dates, i can decide to start on the first week of classes in either May, sept/Jan (Spring /summer/winter)
I have January in mind because i will be eligible for study leave by November. However, i applied for September due to the long processing times witnessed by my friends that applied last year. It seems things have changed now and processing is faster. My question is, if i get trv by September, can i wait and go for January ( as planned) or do i go and withdraw my application cos i dont want to travel without study leave.

A friend advised that i take leave by August, go to Canada ,get the study permit and come back...Wat do you think?

I'd suggest looking into formally deferring your admission, if you decide to go at a later date.

As for going and coming back, you might want to consider how you'd explain yourself to Canadian immigration, if they noted your entry & exit dates plus the fact that you were supposed to be attending classes, and questioned you further on that.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 12:29am On May 01, 2012
Olamilec: @All... Pls i need a candid and sincere advise. Am a young police officer with many advanced police courses like counter terrorism, computer appreciation and detective course and i have National Diploma in Computer Science and i have been thinking of study in Canada. My questions are these (1) Do you think i should go for a course relating to security or i should continue inline of my course of study which is computer science (2) Do you think i can have any problem concerning age cos am 26 now if i still want to go for undergrad or diploma (3) Is there any problem using SSCE(NECO) of 2001 and my ND of 2011 (4) Should i include my statement of account with my sponsor and my payslip with my sponsor's own and will the amount in that my account affect the application cos i only have N500,000 in it. (5) The Police Report is it necessary it must be from Alagbon Police CID HQ? Thanks.

I will advice something in the security line . . .
However, age might not be on your side.
If you are able to apply not as a student, you never can tell, Luck could be on your side and God could smile on you and once you are here, you could do into the military and you will so well.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 1:06am On May 01, 2012
mercylicious:

I like your determination.
You have to start planning from the day you get your first job. Shed off unnecessary expenses( some people will see you as being miserly) . Most of my colleagues in the same grade dont have as much savings and investment as i have. Its because i had my eyes on the ball.Focus! And most importantly,dont forget to commit ur plan to God . He will give you ideas that can multiply you financially quickly
I wish you the best.

Thanks for the words. I got an idea already and my plans and goals are set for execution by August.

I pray that God grant me profit in my endevours.

My plan is to market my product aggresively via the internet so that I can reach a wider prospects. Its in a less competitive but highly in-demand and profitable market. I shall be using google adwords, facebook ads and google trader for this purpose.

I know how business run on the internet and so, I will be building my own business around the same system.

I didn't want to use this knowledge but as it is, its my only source.

I shall work from 8 am till 7pm daily and make sure that my clients are satified. . . Build trust and credibility while I offer value to my clients.

The basic is that I shall use my skill to help clients take their business online and also help them market their products online with the help of solid sales copy.

Am just I got skill that I know will bring me money. With hard and smart work plus persistence, am up to Mount Everest.

Newacca, hope you are speedily recovering.
May Allah grant you good health. Insha 'alah. (I no b muslim o)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.