Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,358 members, 7,891,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212915 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 8:02am On May 01, 2012
mercylicious: Dear All,
Please i need your advise. I already have admision at Canada.The offer has three start dates, i can decide to start on the first week of classes in either May, sept/Jan (Spring /summer/winter)
I have January in mind because i will be eligible for study leave by November. However, i applied for September due to the long processing times witnessed by my friends that applied last year. It seems things have changed now and processing is faster. My question is, if i get trv by September, can i wait and go for January ( as planned) or do i go and withdraw my application cos i dont want to travel without study leave.

A friend advised that i take leave by August, go to Canada ,get the study permit and come back...Wat do you think?

whats is the name of ur school and what course
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Bankwo7(f): 1:20pm On May 01, 2012
@DIPO+,PLS WHEN IS YOUR START DATE THAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS ALREADY? MINE IS AUGUST AND I SUBMITTED SINCE LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY.I HAVE BEEN CHECKING MY WEB PAGE,ITS UPDATED WITH ONLY THE DATE THEY SENT IT TO CDHC. DO I CALL THEIR PHONE LINE? OR I SHOULD WAIT AND LET THEM UPDATE THE WEB PAGE.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR CANDID OPINION URGENTLY.
THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2012
Please is there any1 that submitted his/her application to CDHC 2nd week of April? If yes, is there any development?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 2:10pm On May 01, 2012
@bankwo: avnt you learnt from paschal n sucre's experience? I advice you give VAC a call. @beehanz: I submitted mine on the 16th of April, havnt gotten any update.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 2:55pm On May 01, 2012
Bankwo7: @DIPO+,PLS WHEN IS YOUR START DATE THAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS ALREADY? MINE IS AUGUST AND I SUBMITTED SINCE LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY.I HAVE BEEN CHECKING MY WEB PAGE,ITS UPDATED WITH ONLY THE DATE THEY SENT IT TO CDHC. DO I CALL THEIR PHONE LINE? OR I SHOULD WAIT AND LET THEM UPDATE THE WEB PAGE.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR CANDID OPINION URGENTLY.
THANKS

You should have called them since. Their number is 07042848155. Call them and inquire about the status of you application. I have since done my medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 3:00pm On May 01, 2012
Na tomorrow u go call be dat
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sheegxy: 4:59pm On May 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:

In that case, it is the person that wanna invite you over that needs to worry about it . . .
thanx for the response so what should my sponsorer do in order for us to work things out.I mean the steps he can take?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 5:30pm On May 01, 2012
@Fhemmmy and all. My sponsor(mum)is self employed and has been funding her acct with an average of 600k for the past 3months, now she wants to put 1.2m in it this month in 3 installments I.e 400k 3x (so it won't look sudden).. Could this create any issues with the embassy?.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2012
ebugirl: @bankwo: avnt you learnt from paschal n sucre's experience? I advice you give VAC a call. @beehanz: I submitted mine on the 16th of April, havnt gotten any update.

@ebugurl, whch sch,province r u going.also, r u going for Undergrad or postgrad prgm
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:17am On May 02, 2012
Sir P!:
@Fhemmmy and all. My sponsor(mum)is self employed and has been funding her acct with an average of 600k for the past 3months, now she wants to put 1.2m in it this month in 3 installments I.e 400k 3x (so it won't look sudden).. Could this create any issues with the embassy?.. Thanks

If that is all the balance in the account, i will advice she do that for another couple of months, but the format is well and good.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 7:29am On May 02, 2012
@beehandz: ma economics at dalhousie university, nova Scotia. When did you submit your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2012
@ Phemmy, Newacca et all experiened.

My passport expires like 8 days before the completion of my program, and i also learnt that cdhc don't issue visa above the validity of passport! Now, should i just renew the passport before sending in my application?
Any implication to that? even though my passport is valid for like a year and 11 months. My program is 2 years anyways! Advise please
God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 8:34am On May 02, 2012
symbian03: @ Phemmy, Newacca et all experiened.

My passport expires like 8 days before the completion of my program, and i also learnt that cdhc don't issue visa above the validity of passport! Now, should i just renew the passport before sending in my application?
Any implication to that? even though my passport is valid for like a year and 11 months. My program is 2 years anyways! Advise please
God bless

A friend who had a similar issue was given only a year visa for a 2 yrs program. I guess they expect him to reapply for the other year when his current visa expires and probably on a new passport. I guess the more experienced guys would throw more light.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2012
ebugirl: @beehandz: ma economics at dalhousie university, nova Scotia. When did you submit your application?

I submitted mine 13th April. Kindly intimate me asap when you hear from CDHC
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 8:53am On May 02, 2012

God bless

I've meaning to ask this question as I find myself in exactly the same shoe. Please experienced people here should throw light on this and let's know what to do before we apply for Visa.

@ Bumdish: thanks 4 responding and could you please find out from your friend how he was able to cope with the remaining one year that's if he has already expended the one year visa he was given.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 9:09am On May 02, 2012
gini:

I've meaning to ask this question as I find myself in exactly the same shoe. Please experienced people here should throw light on this and let's know what to do before we apply for Visa.

@ Bumdish: thanks 4 responding and could you please find out from your friend how he was able to cope with the remaining one year that's if he has already expended the one year visa he was given.

Well . . . in his case, he took additional courses hence compressing his program into a yr. That way, he was able to save himself tuition for the 2nd year and more time to do other things wit his time. He is at the point of applying for Work Permit already.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 9:12am On May 02, 2012
bumdish:

A friend who had a similar issue was given only a year visa for a 2 yrs program. I guess they expect him to reapply for the other year when his current visa expires and probably on a new passport. I guess the more experienced guys would throw more light.

Hey Bumdish, thanks for your intuition. I also knew they would never issue visa ahead of passport's validity else they just issue one year for two years program. I'm thinking should i just renew the passport, then apply. Phemmy moto where una dey now Newacca.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2012
gini:

@Gini, do you resume this sept session?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:47am On May 02, 2012
@symbian03,
If you could renew the passport without hassle,then please do. so that u cld get visa for the duration of ur visa and extra months for work experience. Though I have similar case. In my case,my passport expires by 2013 ending and I will be completing my treatment by June,2013,and I will be getting visa around June/July 2013, for a year prog(Insha Allah). So,I am also thinking of renewing my passport next year before the completion of my treatment.
In a nutshell,I suggest you renew your passport,but we can still wait for comment of experienced members like Fhemmy et all.
God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 10:11am On May 02, 2012
symbian03:

@Gini, do you resume this sept session?

Yes. Sept 4 to be precise. Am gathering info and documents while waiting for the Hardcopy of my Formal Admission Letter and Acceptance which I'll use for Visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xcogitate: 10:17am On May 02, 2012
My fellow Naijalanders, abeg i need help on how i can secure my canadian visa. i live and study in italy. i have been to Uk several times and many EU countries which i believe it would upgrade my travelling status and pave a way for me.

i apply for a UN Youth conference in canada. which i believe since it was an invitation from the UN they will not hesitate to give me. but after all the documents i gave to them. they said they are refusing me base on my personal physcology or whatever. that, so far i have met all the requirements but they are refusing me base on the fact that i don't have ties that can make me return to my place of residence or home of origin if am granted the visa. and

the second time i went for a student visa because i had to transfer from my school here in italy to a school in Canada. and yet the same reasons for refusing me for the first time was what they gave as a reason for refusing me the second time. but what really make me happy a bit was that they never indicated a refusing stamp on my passport. Please can anyone help me out of this massacre
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 10:53am On May 02, 2012
@xcogitate,
You are on a right thread brother. There are loads of experience members in the house,and I am sure you will get response,advice and comments that will be useful to you at the end.
Please I will want you to clarify the reason why u were refused initially. It goes a long way in helping members here to give suggestions and advice. I would like to know if you are still studying. If you are still studying in Italy,did you get letters from your schl that u r still a student and that you will be going back to Italy? Have you paid the school fee of proceeding session/semester to d school and do you have receipt proving these? do you have substantial amount in your Bank account in Italy? can you also get a reference letter from the Bank? Do you have any property in Italy or Nigeria,with proof of ownership to your name? are you married in Italy or Nigeria? Do you have child/ren in Italy or Nigeria? If you could answer this questions,I think it will go a long way in finding solution to your canada visa issue.
Meanwhile,I have being looking forward to meeting Nigerian studying in Italy for a very long time,I am excited meeting one on Nairaland. Please brother,my fiancee here in Nigeria wants to study Fashion in Italy,she applied last year and she was refused on the reasons that documents submitted is insufficient to justify the purpose of her trip to Italy.
She applied with the schools Certificate of enrollment+other admission package,sponsor's bank statement+letter from sponsor,Flight schedule,health insurance. These are the dox mentioned to her when she went to enquire at Italian consulate in Lagos;to my surprise,she was refused after submitting all these dox. But where I see the problem is that she applied 1month b4 the school resumes and visa application stays will them even after resumption,on the other hand,she did not include her O/level result since it wasnt mentioned to her at Italian consulate in Lagos. Though she was not allowed in,the security Man at the gate was the intermediary and he dictated the list to her offhand,I guess that's where things went wrong. Though she has applied again this till with her O/level result.
Brova,I just wanna know how you get your visa to study in Italy and the dox. used. that a million.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2012
newacca: @symbian03,
If you could renew the passport without hassle,then please do. so that u cld get visa for the duration of ur visa and extra months for work experience. Though I have similar case. In my case,my passport expires by 2013 ending and I will be completing my treatment by June,2013,and I will be getting visa around June/July 2013, for a year prog(Insha Allah). So,I am also thinking of renewing my passport next year before the completion of my treatment.
In a nutshell,I suggest you renew your passport,but we can still wait for comment of experienced members like Fhemmy et all.
God bless

I appreciate your advises bro, i've also been thinking in that direction. Lets hope for the guidance of the likes of Phemmy and others. You're getting ur trv soon, 2013 is closer than you think. Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2012
gini:

Yes. Sept 4 to be precise. Am gathering info and documents while waiting for the Hardcopy of my Formal Admission Letter and Acceptance which I'll use for Visa application.

@Gini, The regular mail thang is kinda time wasting. Well, i think cdhc is fast nowadays goodluck bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 12:15pm On May 02, 2012
@symbian03,
Thanx so much. We shall get there by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2012
newacca: @symbian03,
Thanx so much. We shall get there by God's grace.

Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On May 02, 2012

God bless

I will advice that you just renew the passport . . . In Nigeria when you renew a passport, would you have to submit the old one?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Olami1224: 3:30pm On May 02, 2012
Hi everybody !!!

I need your help on how to proceed with my application. I got an Admission which i will be resuming school in july, i need help on documentation arrangement i have paid my school fees and some other fees, i need guidiance on my Visa documentation i would be glad for any advice.

sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail address.

I'll be glad to hear from you.

Ola
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 4:55pm On May 02, 2012
Olami1224: Hi everybody !!!

I need your help on how to proceed with my application. I got an Admission which i will be resuming school in july, i need help on documentation arrangement i have paid my school fees and some other fees, i need guidiance on my Visa documentation i would be glad for any advice.

sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail address.

I'll be glad to hear from you.

Ola

Be specific or you want someone to hold your hands and do it all for YOU
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xcogitate: 4:59pm On May 02, 2012
@newacca

Firstly i will like to know if the course she was about to start was in english or italian? If english, then she is safe but if in Italy, then i guess they must have denied her base on insufficient language skills. secondly for any student who want to study here in italy, he or she must legalised all the school documents and translated them to italian language. and after that u take it to the embassy and u will be asked to pay a verification fees which i dont know how much it will be now...but then it was 30k. this legalisation is what they will use to issue u what is called Declarazione di valore in locco. then from there the embassy will continue to process ur application.

One more thing every italian school will ask u to go to the embassy to apply for pre-admission and during this time is when u will submit all the above documents and payments i specified above.

I hope this will help u.

As regards my questions about Canadian student visa. Yes at the time of applying am still a student and am doing transfer to another school in canada which means i have nothing to do with Italy again if i get my visa to study in canada except for Nigeria that is my home country. as regards letter of admission yes, i have it and i paid all my tuition fees and i have all the rceipt together with me at the time of application. my bank acct balance after i have paid for my tuition fees and my accomodation was 8550Euro. i also have Certificate of Enrollment which was giving to me after i paid my tuition fees and so on. the only thing i know i dont have in my documents was family assest declaration. that shown family property. but now i have the affidavit that state all the properties of my family and that also show that i have my own car there in naija. but i need more explanation about this family documents. as for marriage nope and single and i have no property here in italy except for the one my father is having in naija..offcourse u dont expect a student like me to be having a house properties and so on...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lalla89: 5:32pm On May 02, 2012
@all my class wil start by september 5th ,please when is the deadline for me to appy for my visa, and im going for 4 years course and my passport will expired in july 2013 ,is it necessary for me to renew it before applying my visa ? Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 6:10pm On May 02, 2012
please how much is the student visa fee in the bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.