Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,897 members, 7,942,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214673 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 8:05am On May 19, 2012
@beehandz... you cannot appeal any decision because its stated that all decision is final but you can only reapply if you have additional documents to back your application up.... I'll suggest you get a new start date and plan towards January... I hope am right on this...
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 8:11am On May 19, 2012
@beehandz I will advice u reapply again and forget about appealling to them because its clearly stated in both thier web site and even thier office(embassy) CDHC dont grant reconsideration
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 8:19am On May 19, 2012
Jasmine007: @beehandz... you cannot appeal any decision because its stated that all decision is final but you can only reapply if you have additional documents to back your application up.... I'll suggest you get a new start date and plan towards January... I hope am right on this...

On point!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 8:22am On May 19, 2012
@beehandz when did you submit ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 8:26am On May 19, 2012
@ebugirl... i miss your moaning comments about not been contacted for medical instruction yet (LMAO) well am happy for your progress and am staying positive too...cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seir405: 8:31am On May 19, 2012
log1:
Thanks for ur reply..I intend going for MSc. Pls drop me ur fbk acct name or ur YIM likewise effisy. Thanks
@log1 seir420@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2012
dipo+:
I think Sucre raised a very salient point. Sponsors' personal accounts shout be used and not their coys' accounts as companies are out for profit and using them for financial support may not be a good idea. One thing i learnt from my own case is for one to get a good letter of introduction from sponsor's employer and a good sponsors' letter stating clear ability and readiness to sponsor. My application didn't have too many documents sef.
Please let's take out time and put urself in the position of whoever is processing your application package. Too many documents may not ne necessary. My thought, pals

On point! Please let us try as much as possible to avoid too many paper work!!! Submit only significant ones. To the best of my knowledge, irrelevant docs will only complicate and delay procedure.

@Beehandz, don't give up, try one more time! Avoid using that company's account if your sister ain't the sole owner. G'luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 9:02am On May 19, 2012
Beehandz: My documents were returned from the canadian embassy givn reason for insufficient funding,Purpose of stay on the note that i have satisfy the consular that i will leave canada after my stay and weak academic history.
@all NLs pls help look into into these.
i submitted 10M statement of account of my sis & hubby coy with all coy registration papers and coy association papers, marriage certificate, copies of identification page of int'l passport, drivers license, declaration of age of my siblings,a landed ppty with c of o with pix worth 25M+, personal statement of account of my sis of around 300k, employment letter and letter of consent from my place of work notifying the embassy of my study, WAEC,NECO,NYSC certificate, 2 prof exam certificate, 8 shares certificate worth 250k of my sister(sponsor), original transcripts and certificates, affidavit of support, short story abt myself and all the forms on cdhc website.
NB-I have a 3rd class degree and my course is Advanced Diploma in GIS, i've paid $8.5k out of total of $14.5k of tuition fee as my program is just 1yea[/b]r.

[b]with all these, i was denied, well, i really don't know if its possible to appeal to the embassy using an immigration lawyer or if i should write my school to contact the embassy
pls your candid advice is needed as my school resumes Aug 10th, NB_ i submitted my application 16th April to CDHC via a consultant.

Sorry about your TRV denial. My candid advice from what I got ffrom ur post is: to re-package your application thus:
1. Contact your school for a deferral to avoid losing the part tuition and of course the admission. You can always ask the school for a refund of your money but at least U get to keep the Admission spot and won't have to re-apply all over again

2. In terms of funding, I think its better you use ur sister's husband as Sponsor since he's got enough funds in his Coy account. He should also buffer this up with his personal account which I believe will have some amount in it. In doing this, let him include company registration papers to show his position in the company. He should also add tax clearance cert and other necessary documents. U can then add d land papers. Remember to include family tree, family pics, their marriage cert etc

3. In the case of satisfying CDHC that you'll come back to Nigeria, I think you should include all your siblings Birth and Marriage Cert + your parents if still alive and family pics of U all or most of U all.

4. For weak academic background, really don't know how U can remedy that but I know it would have been better if U got a PGD in Nigeria here with a higher academic standing than ur 1st degree, then it would prove that U have improved in your academics and will continue to improve when U get to Canada and then perhaps there were circumstances bbeyound ur control that led to the 3rd class.

That's all I can think of for now. Please don't let this pull you down or back. Forward Ever, Backward Never. With God all things are possible. Take Care.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 9:05am On May 19, 2012
Jasmine007: @ebugirl... i miss your moaning comments about not been contacted for medical instruction yet (LMAO) well am happy for your progress and am staying positive too...cheers

Hehehehehehehe.....God will surprise Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ soon, sooner than you think. Alwaz stay positive
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 9:36am On May 19, 2012
@all am kinda confused with this issue of company's account, my dad holds 50% shares and myself and my mom holds 25% and 25% respectively. I submitted his particulars of directors and he is the sole signatory to the company's acct......hope am good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2012
God De ...it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by insight: 11:50am On May 19, 2012
Good job here. please i need the CID Headquarters address,also the necessary documents i'd have to go with to obtain the police report. May i know if the police clearance certificate can be obtained from any State Police department here in Nigeria? I'm just collating my VISA appl. docs for September start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 12:23pm On May 19, 2012
insight: Good job here. please i need the CID Headquarters address,also the necessary documents i'd have to go with to obtain the police report. May i know if the police clearance certificate can be obtained from any State Police department here in Nigeria? I'm just collating my VISA appl. docs for September start date.
Go to Alagbon police headquarters in lagos...go with your international passport and 4passport photograph dats all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 12:35pm On May 19, 2012
insight: Good job here. please i need the CID Headquarters address,also the necessary documents i'd have to go with to obtain the police report. May i know if the police clearance certificate can be obtained from any State Police department here in Nigeria? I'm just collating my VISA appl. docs for September start date.

Central Criminal Registry
Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Cloe Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigera.
Go with the photocopy of ur data page(international passport) passport photographs and a fee of about 3-4k. Please try and go through this thread carefully, Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ will find answers to your questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Manweysabi(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2012
@All, must i travel down to lagos b4 i can do d police report? Can't i do it 4rm my state? Since i reside in d north. And concerning d letter of sponsorship, should it be written or typed.. My sponsor is nt related to me, he is a car dealer and he deals in importatn of women wear; what documents do i need 4rm him? Hw do i proof my r/ship with? What do i use as tie to my country?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 2:17pm On May 19, 2012
Manweysabi: @All, must i travel down to lagos b4 i can do d police report? Can't i do it 4rm my state? Since i reside in d north. And concerning d letter of sponsorship, should it be written or typed.. My sponsor is nt related to me, he is a car dealer and he deals in importatn of women wear; what documents do i need 4rm him? Hw do i proof my r/ship with? What do i use as tie to my country?

You can do it from your state Police State Headquarters but that will be very very expensive if they don't have many people requesting for it there. Its cheaper in Lagos because of the volume they do in a day and per week. My advice is to go get it from Abuja since you're in the North. There are embassies in Abuja and almost all request for Police Cert thus Abuja Police Headquarters will also be handling volumes too. U can check 1st at your state though to know d cost there.

As for your sponsor, you alone know what relationship exist between you & thus a way to prove this. Your post gives no info as to this. U need to get Statement of Account etc. Just take your time and go through all the pages of the thread and you'll mostly find the answers U need.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 19, 2012
@pascal and other is it appropirate to summit original buiding plans and other landed documents,pls ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fflowers: 4:41pm On May 19, 2012
@manweysabi, my advice on police report is this: chill till u come to lagos for submission, then u'll do it @ Obalande. Its takes less than 2hrs αη∂ will cost like 3K. I just did mine last friday. Meanwhile b4 dat, I went to d police headquaters @ ABJ, they demanded 20K from me αη∂ said the reason was thaat they had to go to lagos αη∂ process it. So I was like since I was going to lagos to submit it, let mee rather do it there too αη∂ I did.

Abt the sponsor, I know people that used non relatives, but they showed previous cases of hellp to the family(esp ΐϞ their education) or pictures together αη∂ an affidavit of sponsor from him. Try αη∂ make it tight, avoiding irrelevant doc, so as not to look desperate. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 19, 2012
gini:

Sorry about your TRV denial. My candid advice from what I got ffrom ur post is: to re-package your application thus:
1. Contact your school for a deferral to avoid losing the part tuition and of course the admission. You can always ask the school for a refund of your money but at least U get to keep the Admission spot and won't have to re-apply all over again

2. In terms of funding, I think its better you use ur sister's husband as Sponsor since he's got enough funds in his Coy account. He should also buffer this up with his personal account which I believe will have some amount in it. In doing this, let him include company registration papers to show his position in the company. He should also add tax clearance cert and other necessary documents. U can then add d land papers. Remember to include family tree, family pics, their marriage cert etc

3. In the case of satisfying CDHC that you'll come back to Nigeria, I think you should include all your siblings Birth and Marriage Cert + your parents if still alive and family pics of U all or most of U all.

4. For weak academic background, really don't know how U can remedy that but I know it would have been better if U got a PGD in Nigeria here with a higher academic standing than ur 1st degree, then it would prove that U have improved in your academics and will continue to improve when U get tpo Canada and then perhaps there were circumstances bbeyound ur control that led to the 3rd class.

That's all I can think of for now. Please don't let this pull you down or back. Forward Ever, Backward Never. With God all things are possible. Take Care.

In addition to no 2, if he is using a company's account, his bank should give him a letter of introduction. The letter age of the account and the signatories to the account. This will show if he has access to the funds in the account.
Also back up d application with prayers. If its actually his will, ull surely get it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 19, 2012
please did u go for medicals before d refusal ? I just want to know at what point they require medicals, ie, if medicals is done after they are satisfied wit d application.
Beehandz: My documents were returned from the canadian embassy givn reason for insufficient funding,Purpose of stay on the note that i have satisfy the consular that i will leave canada after my stay and weak academic history.
@all NLs pls help look into into these.
i submitted 10M statement of account of my sis & hubby coy with all coy registration papers and coy association papers, marriage certificate, copies of identification page of int'l passport, drivers license, declaration of age of my siblings,a landed ppty with c of o with pix worth 25M+, personal statement of account of my sis of around 300k, employment letter and letter of consent from my place of work notifying the embassy of my study, WAEC,NECO,NYSC certificate, 2 prof exam certificate, 8 shares certificate worth 250k of my sister(sponsor), original transcripts and certificates, affidavit of support, short story abt myself and all the forms on cdhc website.
NB-I have a 3rd class degree and my course is Advanced Diploma in GIS, i've paid $8.5k out of total of $14.5k of tuition fee as my program is just 1yea[/b]r.

[b]with all these, i was denied, well, i really don't know if its possible to appeal to the embassy using an immigration lawyer or if i should write my school to contact the embassy
pls your candid advice is needed as my school resumes Aug 10th, NB_ i submitted my application 16th April to CDHC via a consultant.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by denniscla: 8:44pm On May 19, 2012
fflowers: Hello, I just submitted my application thru VAC yesterday. I'm hopeful to hear a Medical call from them ΐϞ less than a month, to really join the league of edugirl αη∂ co. Pls I eant to know how long it takes to get an appointment for medicals, I have to apply b4 time abi? Or is it first comee, first serve? Which placee is faster for Medicals?

Finally, anybody going to University of Manitoba? I'll really be glad to meet you, I'm going for Electrical αη∂ Computer Engr.

I'm in umanitba . Msc comp science. Jst got here tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fflowers: 9:50pm On May 19, 2012
@dennis, dats so cool. Howz uofM? Howz d whether? Hope one can survive? Do u stay ΐϞ residence or off camp? Pls can uu send me ur pin if u use a bb. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 10:23pm On May 19, 2012
@Beehandz,
sorry abt ur refusal. If @ first u dnt succeed,try and try and try again,but in a different way. Presumably u've corrected ur mistakes. Now let's go to the point. Gotta ask this questions. If you could give an insight to my questios and comment below,it may increase ur chance of getting d visa,coupled with the advice/comments of experienced members of d house.
#loads of dox. does not necessarily assure you TRV,but the required,relevant and convincing ones. Bunlde of irrelevant dox. may get Visa officers bored,and which psychological may turn his/er energy down when he/she is checking those that matters and relevant

#Huge amount of money in the acct. does not automatically warrant visa,especially if the source of the fund is not really tracable or convincing enought

#Canada values education and appreciate good academic standings ( This is from personal experience**interview @CDHC**)

#Even if CDHC knws that 90% of students applicants are potential immigrants,they want to be sure that you won't become a burden to their economy in any form. That want you to create and prove beyond reasonable doubt that u'll return to your home country.
I am trying to draw some points from the refusal reason.
Now to your specific case:
*U submitted 10M statement of ur sis& hubby- They run a joint account right? If not please clarify. Do they run joint Biz or the biz belongs to your sis? U also submitted personal bank stmt. of ur sis,of 300k. The Visa officers live among us in Nigeria,and they understand the typical African lifestyle and mentally. The visa officer knows that your Sis. doesnt have sole access to the fund in the 10M acct,which is the major account u relied on. Her hubby might even have direct access to the fund than she does.Also considering the fact that it's a company accout,there some expense that will go from such acct i.e Taxes,bill,salaries etc.
Does ur sis have children? how many dependant children do they have? The V.O may draw his/her conclusions from questions like this,concerning the insufficient funding.
* About returning to Nigeria,you are created an impression that you are employed,but you didnt proof your earning or how u are comfortable financially. V/O may feel that you are not earning good income and your finding canada study visa as a means to escape to Canada for greener pasture. While the V/O may not be convinced on d questionaire u filled abt ur reasons of going to study in canada and what u'll do after ur studies.
* Weak academic history: I am puzzled about this reason! It really depends on academic grades sometimes. I think the V/O is judging 4rm ur Academic records. about the record case,check my interview experience in the travelling to Canada part 1:
https://www.nairaland.com/118823/travelling-canada/117

You'll actually grab what I am pointing at.
Good luck bro
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 11:44pm On May 19, 2012
@Noswaa,
Its not like dat,i had to make my self @ home first,hope u know wat i mean? Well am doing gud.How r u doing?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 11:53pm On May 19, 2012
@Christian,
Yea,i think u should do that.I did that 2 and it worked out well 4 me.Building plans,family pics,pics of what your sponsor does 4 a leaving(if he or she is in to business,take a picture of what they sell or do)All dis will help.Also put your siblings birth certificate and parents marriage certificate.All dis will show u have something back home to come back for @ the end of your program.How r u doing bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mikky4all(m): 12:00am On May 20, 2012
Pls I nid ur help rummm, I applied to the university of carleton. And I was not given the course I applied for. I applied for aerospace engineering and was given bachelor of arts undeclared. What am I to do against this to back up my visa application. And don't they give engineering direct for undergraduate in canada universities
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 12:05am On May 20, 2012
if u re really desperate about Ur chosen course worry not accept whatever they gave u..go ahead and apply for ur visa on getting there a year after u will switch back to ur desired course stress and itch free
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mikky4all(m): 12:32am On May 20, 2012
Since I have undelared as ma program what am I going to write in ma study permit questionaire and is the need for an sop statement of purpose

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.