Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,683 members, 7,921,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:50 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214063 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:
I did my medicals on the 18th last month. So it took about 4 week post submission for my visa to be issued.
are u going for undergrad studies or masters?.........cos its rare tor find undergraduates in the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Olami1224: 7:07pm On May 16, 2012
Noswaa:

Congrat... could you please supply us all the documents you used and the duration it takes, step by step.... thanks

God is wonderful,congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 7:46pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:
Guys, i got my visa today. My class start Sept and the xpiry on the visa is 08/31/2013. Issue date reads 14/05/2012.
I didn't have to pay tuition before i got the approval and my sponsors account read only M2.9 which is far below the ($12,800 tuition + $10,000 welfare), tho my sponsor has a good civil service job.

My sponsors letter to the cdhc has no court signing (affidavit) on it, Just a signature following a word processed letter i typed myself.

Thank God and good luck! Ebugirl, you see there is no specific pattern?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 8:12pm On May 16, 2012
@bamshy: yesssss oh....CDHC cannot be predicted
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fflowers: 8:38pm On May 16, 2012
@dipo, congrats dear! Which province r u going to? When did u submit ur appllication?
Na so wee go dey hear for this thread!
All sept students waitn foor medicals or TRV, God's favour!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by winwin123: 10:19pm On May 16, 2012
The house is bubbling again.
@dipo+: Congrats on your TRV.
@Sure Cruz: Your TRV should be the house next celebration.
@ALL: He that started a good thing will surely finish it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by williams20(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2012
08188025660Hello great nairaland family how are you doing
please i am an undergrate in a ghanaian university studying electrical engineering. i wish to join the team of masters for canada next year september.......
i need info on the state with the best assistance to graduate students and schools that give aids like sccholarship
i wish to study telecommunications eng
electrical engineering
bio med engr.....
or information systems
or ict...
thanks i am looking at us or canada
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 5:18am On May 17, 2012
@winwin123
Thanks hopefully mine is next to be celebrated in the house IN JESUS NAME.
How far have you gone with your application
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by winwin123: 6:10am On May 17, 2012
@Sure Cruz: I am still waiting for CDHC call up. I submitted 28.03.2012.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fflowers: 9:05am On May 17, 2012
@win wiin, have u been called for medicals?
@sucre, abeg make them do fast for Ur own, na that Kind newz I want to dey hear. Wat school αη∂ course r u going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 9:47am On May 17, 2012
winwin123: @Sure Cruz: I am still waiting for CDHC call up. I submitted 28.03.2012.
....i submitted 12th march too...still no medical call yet
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 12:48pm On May 17, 2012
@fflowers thanks b4 monthend we will celebrate mine the school is stouffville college(ACCA/FIA)
@winwin123 and Olaremi keep calling VAC for update
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 1:24pm On May 17, 2012
@dipo+,
CONGRATS Bro.

@Sucre cruz,

u r almost there. U r d next person to share d good news here. Yea,I remember u r also anoda Joe going to Stouffville cheesy
I'll join u guyz next yr. by God's grace.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by earthgreeners(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2012
dipo+:
Thanks pals. The web portal was updated yesterday, and i checked daily for the past week as I was anticipating their response.

Documents submitted are the usual bank statements, pension plan of my sponsor and land documents (just bare land really), i used my waec results (no sctrach card), my school transcripts (returned to me even though my former sch indicated on it that its not to be accessed by the student.
On my study permit, i told them i wanted to study telecoms cos there are too many expatriates holding top positions in Naija telcom industry and I want to be a professional in that field and I even cited labour strikes as favouring study abroad as study could be completed in a definite period.

@dipo, how u take arrange ur transcript for UNAAB?...i graduated 2011.EMT
wc dept u finish from?
Congrat ooo..which Uni u dey go for Canada?..see u there someday..
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 4:21pm On May 17, 2012
we need good news in this house..................I pray for it as soon as possible,forward ever backward never we will get there in Jesus Name Amen

Congratulations every body
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2012
Amennn ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 6:46pm On May 17, 2012
earthgreeners:

@dipo, how u take arrange ur transcript for UNAAB?...i graduated 2011.EMT
wc dept u finish from?
Congrat ooo..which Uni u dey go for Canada?..see u there someday..

I arrange with postman collect my transcripts ni o. I explained how i did it in an earlier post.
I graduated from unaab 2010, did computer science.

I have posted d dox i submitted, but here they r again (leaving out the obvious ones)

A letter of introduction from my sponsors workplace.
A letter of financial support from my sponsor (outlining various income streams like shares, co-operative, shop rental etc .
Family Land ownership documents.
My birth cert.

The two letters stated above where about the only documents retained by the embassy (they were addressed to them though)

I am going for a postgraduate (ontario graduate certificate) course in Humber College. Ontario Province
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by denniscla: 9:19pm On May 17, 2012
Please don't change a lot of money(say above 100 usd) @ d airport wen u get 2 canada. They have very bad rates.just sharing dis cos I made d mistake.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 10:11pm On May 17, 2012
@dennis: kimdly expanciate...
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seir405: 10:27pm On May 17, 2012
@dennis how far every have you been hiding,hope the trip was cool,n can u plz dig more into dis issue with the money stuff.
@ all I think fhemmy gave an advise on this at anoda forum"nigerian students in canada ...." Try n check it out too.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by HoTeToSe: 10:44pm On May 17, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mikky4all(m): 2:08am On May 18, 2012
Pls am an undergraduate dat just ggot admission into a university in canada, I was not admitted into the course I choosed. So I need help abt all the documents am to go to embassy with.pls pls asap
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:17am On May 18, 2012
@mikky, what course did u apply for and what major is stated on ur leta of acceptnc
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 8:23am On May 18, 2012
@all good to see that the forum is still as vibrant as ever,pls keep it moving as you get your TRV try to once in a while check the forum to share some experience with new members.

@Dipo Congratulation, you really deserve it. So you are coming to Humber College,its among the leading colleges in Toronto, when is your Resumption date?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Manweysabi(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2012
@All, is it too late to submit application to Embassy on 29th of this month for sept start date? Am stil gathering documents!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 10:19am On May 18, 2012
@manweysabi its not late at all now that cdhc is processing fast but ensure you submit your application to them directly to erase the issue of delay submission day at cdhc is on wednesday
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 10:45am On May 18, 2012
@all, is it compulsory for me to do toefl or ielts examination before i can apply for the student visa, pls i need enlightenment. thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 10:51am On May 18, 2012
Did U submit birth certificates and marriage certs of ur siblings assuming U have a married siblinng.

dipo+:

I arrange with postman collect my transcripts ni o. I explained how i did it in an earlier post.
I graduated from unaab 2010, did computer science.

I have posted d dox i submitted, but here they r again (leaving out the obvious ones)

A letter of introduction from my sponsors workplace.
A letter of financial support from my sponsor (outlining various income streams like shares, co-operative, shop rental etc .
Family Land ownership documents.
My birth cert.

The two letters stated above where about the only documents retained by the embassy (they were addressed to them though)

I am going for a postgraduate (ontario graduate certificate) course in Humber College. Ontario Province
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 10:52am On May 18, 2012
Danyl: @all, is it compulsory for me to do toefl or ielts examination before i can apply for the student visa, pls i need enlightenment. thank you.

It is not even required especially if you studied in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.