Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,679 members, 7,921,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:32 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214061 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 11:32am On May 16, 2012
Hello, for those who have submitted their applications, is the Catholic Church Baptismal Card acceptable in place of Birth Certificate? If not what do I use in place of this? I and my siblings were born when the issuance of Local Government Birth Certificate wasn't wide spread so we don't have one.

Is the Afffidavit of Age enough or must I get a document from the National Population Commission. This just came to me as a thought now. Pls let me know what U all did. Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 16, 2012
@u can always get an attestation of birth at the nearest npc office.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2012
SimonAndal: Any card from GTB, be it Naira- or Dollar-denominated will do. What the french is AfriCard?
Its does the same as GTB Naira card. Its the Visa version but under UBA.
Gerrit?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ishekinah1(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2012
@gini and 2sexy thanks for your information i will do just that.
I'm so grateful
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by earthgreeners(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2012
fflowers: @ebugirl, no b small chill pill. Sure I will. Just wanted to know the steps αη∂ prepare for the future, then really chill. Thanks for ur reply. Hope say them don pay una d alawee, I finished service last feb 16
@Xtus, No, I wasn't asked forr any tition deposit.
@Shavel, Masters
Dooc I sbmitted are SOP, 3 leetteers of recommeendation, Application Fee of 100 dollars, application online, transcript, attestation to my degree reesult(my registrar wrote to UofM saying that my degree cert wasn't ready yet), copy of my intl passport. I hope that is all loll, coss I applied to two schools αη∂ they had slightly diff req. but u can get all that ΐϞ their website. It is clarly written.
No GRE was required
I was exempted from TOEFL
U must find a supeervisor first before applying. If not, you can't get the admission, its dat serrious ΐϞ uofM

how did u pay ur application fee?..what card?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 1:17pm On May 16, 2012
shavel: @u can always get an attestation of birth at the nearest npc office.

Well said
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 1:40pm On May 16, 2012
shavel: @u can always get an attestation of birth at the nearest npc office.

Thanks. Will do just that.I guess I'll need to get an Affidavit of Age Declaration first before I can get the Attestation of Birth from National Population Council? Or is it possible without an Affidavit. Please shed light on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 2:04pm On May 16, 2012
@gini: Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ can get the attestation of birth from NPC without an affidavit of age.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 2:09pm On May 16, 2012
[quote author=gini]

Just go ahead and use the Visa Card. I used Visa Debit card on my school's internet platform to pay for my Application fee and it was just automatically converted to Canadian Dollars and the amount after conversion deducted. I only found out when I checked my balance at my bank and about 5dollars extra was also deducted from the original application fee amount.

On point! Its advisable to use a token 4 security purpose.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 2:13pm On May 16, 2012
Guys, i got my visa today. My class start Sept and the xpiry on the visa is 08/31/2013. Issue date reads 14/05/2012.
I didn't have to pay tuition before i got the approval and my sponsors account read only M2.9 which is far below the ($12,800 tuition + $10,000 welfare), tho my sponsor has a good civil service job.

My sponsors letter to the cdhc has no court signing (affidavit) on it, Just a signature following a word processed letter i typed myself.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 2:15pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:
Guys, i got my visa today. My class start Sept and the xpiry on the visa is 08/31/2013. Issue date reads 14/05/2012.
I didn't have to pay tuition before i got the approval and my sponsors account read only M2.9 which is far below the ($12,800 tuition + $10,000 welfare), tho my sponsor has a good civil service job.

My sponsors letter to the cdhc has no court signing (affidavit) on it, Just a signature following a word processed letter i typed myself.

God is wonderful,congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:

congrat bro....... Kindly share wit us all the document u submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! dIPO
Thats what God'S favour can do...am so happy for you...AND SO SHALL ALL OF US BE FAVOURED

@ebugirl i just called VAC and was told to be a lil patient that they will get to me soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bumdish: 2:47pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:

Ye papaaaaa!!! This is wonderful. So glad for you. I can imagine the smiles on you face.
Did you have to visit/call them? or was the portal updated?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 2:48pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:

Dipo big congrats!!! Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ have proved ♍Ɣ analysis wrong. Extremely happy 4 Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊. Dumdish go n pick up urs
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2012
@ebugirl dont go too far, your visa will soon be ready... cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 3:05pm On May 16, 2012
Thanks pals. The web portal was updated yesterday, and i checked daily for the past week as I was anticipating their response.

Documents submitted are the usual bank statements, pension plan of my sponsor and land documents (just bare land really), i used my waec results (no sctrach card), my school transcripts (returned to me even though my former sch indicated on it that its not to be accessed by the student.
On my study permit, i told them i wanted to study telecoms cos there are too many expatriates holding top positions in Naija telcom industry and I want to be a professional in that field and I even cited labour strikes as favouring study abroad as study could be completed in a definite period.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 3:07pm On May 16, 2012
Dipo congrats...thats what favor can do.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 3:16pm On May 16, 2012
@dipo: after ur medical,how Lond did it take 4 ur trv to b out?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 3:27pm On May 16, 2012
I did my medicals on the 18th last month. So it took about 4 week post submission for my visa to be issued.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 4:22pm On May 16, 2012
@dipo.. ConGrats
Is your sponsor ur parent.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Bankwo7(f): 4:22pm On May 16, 2012
@Dipo, CONGRATS o! May we soon rejoice like u o!
@Ebu,I intend calling VAC by Friday.I wish u success too,like Dipo!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 16, 2012
dipo+:

Congrats Boss! Nice one
More goodnews coming to the HOUSE!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 4:28pm On May 16, 2012
moty4all: @dipo.. ConGrats
Is your sponsor ur parent.

Yeah. My mom is sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2012
more good news are bumping in
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2012
Congrats Dipo! Hopefully, we shall all smile like you're doing right now... I know you could give away your blackberry phone right now haha
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2012
Me? I must buy a champaign oo will open I†̥ and gorge I†̥ like dat witot glass cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 6:20pm On May 16, 2012
@Dipo
what a journey congrats my brother
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rockafela(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2012
Hu βε̲̣̣̣̥ dis olossshhi BIZMAN u nor sabi read? Abi ur brain wet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.