Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,314 members, 7,891,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:58 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212910 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by log1(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2012
Pls is anybdy already or has applied to university of alberta or memorial university of newfoundland to study master in petroleum engineering should pls indicate..I av a questn to ask..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 12:08pm On May 18, 2012
bashtee: @all good to see that the forum is still as vibrant as ever,pls keep it moving as you get your TRV try to once in a while check the forum to share some experience with new members.

@Dipo Congratulation, you really deserve it. So you are coming to Humber College,its among the leading colleges in Toronto, when is your Resumption date?

September is when classes start
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2012
@bumdish, thanks alot, actually the reason why i am asking this is because i applied to a school dalhousie university and they are requestin that i should do toefl but i laready had a university degree and am going for my second undergraduate degree, meanwhile toefl is not what it used to be in the past , people are now using it as a means to siphon people of their money, some are doin it for 40k, in some places you see it at 50,000 and in a place my friend told me its an arrangee kind of a thing,and its around N120,000, i just cant imagine myself going through that when i can do a placement test when i enter dalhousie at $100 before starting, tis really awful seeingthings like this in nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 1:12pm On May 18, 2012
@ Dipo and all on the thread: did u subbmit birthh certificates of all ur siblings and their marriage certificate if any is married?

What did U subbmit as the birth cetificates, Affidavit of Age, Attestation from NPC, Baptismal card ie Assuming they were born in d era when birth certificate wasn't widespread. I want to avoid getting an attestation from NPC if possible.

Can one also use Catholic baptismal card or Affidavit of Age as Birth certificate without getting the attestation from NPC?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Imoro: 1:19pm On May 18, 2012
Hi all,

I really enjoy d insights and teamspirit of dis forum... Keep it up!

am fillin d study permit questionnaire...
(got admission to Concordia Uni, Montreal)

Is being out of university for three and half years witout a job considered a 'study gap'?

Also, I hav an original copy of my transcripts addressd to a UK uni. Can I send these to CDHC?

@ dipo+ ... congrats!!!!!!.... Did u use an agent?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 1:28pm On May 18, 2012
Danyl: @bumdish, thanks alot, actually the reason why i am asking this is because i applied to a school dalhousie university and they are requestin that i should do toefl but i laready had a university degree and am going for my second undergraduate degree, meanwhile toefl is not what it used to be in the past , people are now using it as a means to siphon people of their money, some are doin it for 40k, in some places you see it at 50,000 and in a place my friend told me its an arrangee kind of a thing,and its around N120,000, i just cant imagine myself going through that when i can do a placement test when i enter dalhousie at $100 before starting, tis really awful seeingthings like this in nigeria.
...ure right,some exam centers are fraudsters,and money vary from center to center,i registered mine @ 30k
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seir405: 2:28pm On May 18, 2012
log1: Pls is anybdy already or has applied to university of alberta or memorial university of newfoundland to study master in petroleum engineering should pls indicate..I av a questn to ask..thanks
@log1. I applied to MUN for MEngr. In mechanical engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Efizzi: 3:44pm On May 18, 2012
log1: Pls is anybdy already or has applied to university of alberta or memorial university of newfoundland to study master in petroleum engineering should pls indicate..I av a questn to ask..thanks

APPLIED FOR MUN PET ENGR....AND I GOT THE ADMISSION.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seir405: 4:26pm On May 18, 2012
Efizzi:

@effizi can we hook up on YM
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 4:33pm On May 18, 2012
Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 – Schedule 1). Please is this form part of the forms to be downloaded and completed for the Study permit application?

I woudnt mind if someone can give me a list of the forms to be downloaded and completed. Am trying to download some forms from the CIC website and it says password protected document. Pls why is this and what do I do?

Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2012
gini: Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 – Schedule 1). Please is this form part of the forms to be downloaded and completed for the Study permit application?

I woudnt mind if someone can give me a list of the forms to be downloaded and completed. Am trying to download some forms from the CIC website and it says password protected document. Pls why is this and what do I do?

Thanks all.

Get em here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx?view=d
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Efizzi: 4:50pm On May 18, 2012
gini: Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 – Schedule 1). Please is this form part of the forms to be downloaded and completed for the Study permit application?

Thanks all.

GINI...I THINK MAYBE ITS YOUR SYSTEM OR PDF THAT IS ENCODED. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp OR www.nigeria.gc.ca IF APPLYING FROM NIGERIA TO DOWNLOAD THE FORMS. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FORMS.
THE FORMS YOU NEED ARE: APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT CHECKLIST, APPLICATION FORM 1294E, FAMILY COMPOSITION FORM IMM5645 AND STUDY PERMIT QUESTIONAIRE.
SAVE THEM ON YOUR DESKTOP AND GO THROUGH THE CHECKLIST CAREFULLY. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS READ THROUGH THIS FORUM..YOU WOULD FIND ANSWERS...GOOD LUCK
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 5:45pm On May 18, 2012
i_shekinah: @gini and 2sexy thanks for your information i will do just that.
I'm so grateful

Read everything here , including my own comments : https://www.nairaland.com/793026/uba-naira-visa-africard-makes
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gini(f): 6:23pm On May 18, 2012
@ Symbian03 and Effizy: thanks for the links.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2012
@Dipo+,
Congrats Bro! Am so so happy for you.Your gona enjoy the weather during the fall.Its summer right now,but its still cold in some cities in BC.One more thing,dont change most of your money @ the airport,you can do that later,its better,trust me.I did that mistake and lost couple of dollars to there bad exchange rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2012
@Sucre Cruz,
How are you doing bro? How far with your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On May 18, 2012
Paschal137: @Dipo+,
Congrats Bro! Am so so happy for you.Your gona enjoy the weather during the fall.Its summer right now,but its still cold in some cities in BC.One more thing,dont change most of your money @ the airport,you can do that later,its better,trust me.I did that mistake and lost couple of dollars to there bad exchange rate.

You make me laff in Japanese language . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 8:22pm On May 18, 2012
Paschal137: @Dipo+,

You just abandoned us for long,happy that you are back again.How is it going?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 8:24pm On May 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You make me laff in Japanese language . . .

Happy to see your blue print again
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by log1(m): 11:13pm On May 18, 2012
Efizzi:

I guess u got admitted into MSc in oil and gas..pls did u contact any supervisor b4 u applied and were u given scholarship..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 11:35pm On May 18, 2012
Noswaa:
Happy to see your blue print again

Always honored to be around here . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 11:39pm On May 18, 2012
My documents were returned from the canadian embassy givn reason for insufficient funding,Purpose of stay on the note that i have satisfy the consular that i will leave canada after my stay and weak academic history.
@all NLs pls help look into into these.
i submitted 10M statement of account of my sis & hubby coy with all coy registration papers and coy association papers, marriage certificate, copies of identification page of int'l passport, drivers license, declaration of age of my siblings,a landed ppty with c of o with pix worth 25M+, personal statement of account of my sis of around 300k, employment letter and letter of consent from my place of work notifying the embassy of my study, WAEC,NECO,NYSC certificate, 2 prof exam certificate, 8 shares certificate worth 250k of my sister(sponsor), original transcripts and certificates, affidavit of support, short story abt myself and all the forms on cdhc website.
NB-I have a 3rd class degree and my course is Advanced Diploma in GIS, i've paid $8.5k out of total of $14.5k of tuition fee as my program is just 1yea[/b]r.

[b]with all these, i was denied, well, i really don't know if its possible to appeal to the embassy using an immigration lawyer or if i should write my school to contact the embassy
pls your candid advice is needed as my school resumes Aug 10th, NB_ i submitted my application 16th April to CDHC via a consultant.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 11:39pm On May 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Always honored to be around here . . . .

yes........we cant do without you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by log1(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2012
seir405:
@log1. I applied to MUN for MEngr. In mechanical engineering
Thanks for ur reply..I intend going for MSc. Pls drop me ur fbk acct name or ur YIM likewise effisy. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 18, 2012
Beehandz: My documents were returned from the canadian embassy givn reason for insufficient funding,Purpose of stay on the note that i have satisfy the consular that i will leave canada after my stay and weak academic history.
@all NLs pls help look into into these.
i submitted 10M statement of account of my sis & hubby coy with all coy registration papers and coy association papers, marriage certificate, copies of identification page of int'l passport, drivers license, declaration of age of my siblings,a landed ppty with c of o with pix worth 25M+, personal statement of account of my sis of around 300k, employment letter and letter of consent from my place of work notifying the embassy of my study, WAEC,NECO,NYSC certificate, 2 prof exam certificate, 8 shares certificate worth 250k of my sister(sponsor), original transcripts and certificates, affidavit of support, short story abt myself and all the forms on cdhc website.
NB-I have a 3rd class degree and my course is Advanced Diploma in GIS, i've paid $8.5k out of total of $14.5k of tuition fee as my program is just 1yea[/b]r.

[b]with all these, i was denied, well, i really don't know if its possible to appeal to the embassy using an immigration lawyer or if i should write my school to contact the embassy
pls your candid advice is needed as my school resumes Aug 10th, NB_ i submitted my application 16th April to CDHC via a consultant.
bros which consultant u use and shey u sure say ur consultant dey registered with cdhc?,..........because cdhc don't just refuse applications like dat,...and again u mentioned "academic history" cdhc has got nofin much to do with dat as they expects the schools to have required that before issuing leta of acceptance,...most pple going for undergraduate studies submitted only their waec result and testimonial for visas and they are usually getting it...how com ur academic history is weak with all these?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 5:03am On May 19, 2012
Plz the gurus in the house should assist beehandz. His packaging seems perfect, can't fathom wat went wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 6:09am On May 19, 2012
@Paschal 123
my broda happy to get u back in the house, well I was instructed by CDHC to get a new start date from my school which I have done and I submitted to them on the 15/05/2012.

@Beehandz
your packaging is ok, but for CDHC to refuse you TRV based on insufficient funds means that your sister is supposed to use her personal account not company account because you dont have any papers that the company is sponsoring you and you also know that company is to make profit so they cannot make expenditure for u when its not relevant to them because there are some of us that gave statement less that 10M but were granted TRV so I will suggest you repackage again this time let them use thier personal account and ensure u do the submission yourself either through VAC or u go to CDHC and as for weak academic history my guy I will advice you apply for a relevant course that one that is related to what u study in ur first degree because sometimes they count.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 6:44am On May 19, 2012
I think Sucre raised a very salient point. Sponsors' personal accounts shout be used and not their coys' accounts as companies are out for profit and using them for financial support may not be a good idea. One thing i learnt from my own case is for one to get a good letter of introduction from sponsor's employer and a good sponsors' letter stating clear ability and readiness to sponsor. My application didn't have too many documents sef.
Please let's take out time and put urself in the position of whoever is processing your application package. Too many documents may not ne necessary. My thought, pals
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 6:59am On May 19, 2012
@beehandz...i think sucre cruz have said the right thing because i simply can't get why they will refuse a smart application like that but to be honest i'm trying to reason with what sucre cruz said and it just might be the reason... If you used their personal account, embassy will be convinced enough that you have full access to the funds because the account owner can take money out of it at will as its a personal savings account... I understand how you feel right now but don't be discouraged because you have what it takes..Try again bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 7:55am On May 19, 2012
Jasmine007: @beehandz...i think sucre cruz have said the right thing because i simply can't get why they will refuse a smart application like that but to be honest i'm trying to reason with what sucre cruz said and it just might be the reason... If you used their personal account, embassy will be convinced enough that you have full access to the funds because the account owner can take money out of it at will as its a personal savings account... I understand how you feel right now but don't be discouraged because you have what it takes..Try again bro....

Thanks, can I appeal and support it with substancial personal statement of acc?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Beehandz(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2012
ebugirl: Plz the gurus in the house should assist beehandz. His packaging seems perfect, can't fathom wat went wrong.

Thanks ebugirl,

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.