Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,544 members, 7,895,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10916919 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
HNIC:
Dude,
I am analysing you based on what you spit on the thread...
Debo said, if we had your 80m you spent on players this season, we would be competing for 1st and not 4th and you brought out a list of players who cost little and would have helped in our quest for 1st position.
You have the temerity to again write that these are players that Arsenal don't have and would have helped them.
I can't blame you..We live in a world that you think some great statistics of a player who is in another team would translate to instatnt sucess in another team.
Was diame not in the thick of things when arsenal smashed his club to pieces both home and away?
Weren't Cazorla's stats equally impressive in Spain and yet he hasn't pushed Arsenal to 1st position(not saying he isn't a good player)
Quit this mix and match sh*t that the tabloids serve you everyday about Players that will do well elsewhere(hell, they told us you will win everything with Torres)

UCL ,FA CUP
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
stop smoking crack,you are obviously losing what little brain cells you've got left.

Debosky claimed that had arsenal spent the amount of money we spent this season, the gayners would be challenging for the title. I then reminded him arsenal have in fact spent a stupendous amount -106 million pounds within the last two seasons to no avail.

I then point out bargain value that was shockingly either missed or passed over by arsenal's scouting team.

Bear in mind that every thing I originally said was a rebuttal to this licentious statement:
You still don't get it...maths must be a problem..he was talking about one season and you decided to lump two seasons together..you should have just spoken about Arsenal's entire spending history
So how can you ask me if Michu et al would have won arsenal the title? Did I make any assertions to that? Are you clinically insane?

Read the garbage you wrote once more.He spoke about challenging for the title and u started spewing out michu,Ba,Diame and co as players Arsenal could have bought to help their quest instaed of the Girouds of this world.
You are a dunce. What then is the basis of player purchases if not past performance? Or are the scouts psychic
Stupid comment.
Does that mean Diame is a poor player? Full squad Barca lost to Celtic, is Messi now a poor player? Think sharp boy
Another daft analogy coming from a chav!You made Diame seem the best that money could buy and Arsenal conveniently overlooked him and i reminded you that he was nowhere to be found when we played the hammers home and away and you are writing if I think he's a poor player?you went further to juxtapose this with Barca losing to celtic in a one off cl match?? I shake my head for you...
What does this even mean? With 6 assists and 11 goals in the league(Your joint highest goal-scorer), has he not transferred his success in Spain to England? What more do you want him to do? Die on the cross?
Going back and forth now my friend...Where did I write that Santi hasn't been sucessful?You have been talking about bargain buys that could have helped Arsenal to the league titile and reeling out michu's stats in la liga etc..Santi was a bargain buy at that price and yet Arsenal isn't topping the league.I bet if we had failed to sign him, You would have included him amongst players available that the scouts in Arsenal failed to snap up
Seriously what the f u c k are you chatting bruv?
Truth be told..It's easy to say this player would have done this or that...or believing the tabloids gist that,this or that player is available and more importantly, would like to come to Arsenal..Ba has got a dodgy knee,that why his value is so low..IMO,Diame is not as good as the hype and well Michu is a bargain at 2million, but no big team was after him.I was riled by the bargain basement buys you mentioned who I feel won't have contributed anything more to the cause
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
stop smoking crack,you are obviously losing what little brain cells you've got left.

Debosky claimed that had arsenal spent the amount of money we spent this season, the gayners would be challenging for the title. I then reminded him arsenal have in fact spent a stupendous amount -106 million pounds within the last two seasons to no avail.

I then point out bargain value that was shockingly either missed or passed over by arsenal's scouting team.

Bear in mind that every thing I originally said was a rebuttal to this licentious statement:
You still don't get it...maths must be a problem..he was talking about one season and you decided to lump two seasons together..you should have just spoken about Arsenal's entire spending history
So how can you ask me if Michu et al would have won arsenal the title? Did I make any assertions to that? Are you clinically insane?

Read the garbage you wrote once more.He spoke about challenging for the title and u started spewing out michu,Ba,Diame and co as players Arsenal could have bought to help their quest instaed of the Girouds of this world.
You are a dunce. What then is the basis of player purchases if not past performance? Or are the scouts psychic
Stupid comment.
Does that mean Diame is a poor player? Full squad Barca lost to Celtic, is Messi now a poor player? Think sharp boy
Another daft analogy coming from a chav!You made Diame seem the best that money could buy and Arsenal conveniently overlooked him and i reminded you that he was nowhere to be found when we played the hammers home and away and you are writing if I think he's a poor player?you went further to juxtapose this with Barca losing to celtic in a one off cl match?? I shake my head for you...
What does this even mean? With 6 assists and 11 goals in the league(Your joint highest goal-scorer), has he not transferred his success in Spain to England? What more do you want him to do? Die on the cross?
Going back and forth now my friend...Where did I write that Santi hasn't been sucessful?You have been talking about bargain buys that could have helped Arsenal to the league titile and reeling out michu's stats in la liga etc..Santi was a bargain buy at that price and yet Arsenal isn't topping the league.I bet if we had failed to sign him, You would have included him amongst players available that the scouts in Arsenal failed to snap up
Seriously what the f u c k are you chatting bruv?
Truth be told..It's easy to say this player would have done this or that...or believing the tabloids gist that,this or that player is available and more importantly, would like to come to Arsenal..Ba has got a dodgy knee,that why his value is so low..IMO,Diame is not as good as the hype and well Michu is a bargain at 2million, but no big team was after him.I was riled by the bargain basement buys you mentioned who I feel won't have contributed anything more to the cause
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2013
When some l'@rs.e fans talk you just wonder....so Mr debo and co are saying that less than 30milla prevented them from winning something? Really? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 02, 2013
HNIC:
You are a dunce of the highest pedigree. Is 106 million pounds not ENOUGH to strengthen any squad? 106 million pounds?!
This season you guys have spent almost 60 million pounds! Are you saying that is not enough to strengthen your squad? Is that what you're saying?
Even Arsene Wenger would bitchslap you across both cheeks for belching out such a moronic statement....

HNIC:

You are truly a paragon of stupidity, proudly flying the flag for dunces everywhere. Michu and Ba have more goals than any other player at your club this season. Last season Michu was the highest goal scoring midfielder in la liga and Ba was 5th highest goal scorer in the premier league!
They are not one trick ponies or one hit wonders! Only an I D I O T such as yourself would suggest that they couldnt do a job at arsenal this season, especially as both have now tallied more goals than ANYBODY ELSE at arsenal this season. Remember Michu also now has silverware to his name.
Only a dunce such as yourself would fail to see that there was indeed better value to be found in the transfer market....instead of 13 million pound Giroud.

HNIC:
You made Diame seem the best that money could buy and Arsenal conveniently overlooked him and i reminded you that he was nowhere to be found when we played the hammers home and away and you are writing if I think he's a poor player?you went further to juxtapose this with Barca losing to celtic in a one off cl match?? I shake my head for you...
Protect the earth my friend, get a vasectomy don ASAP! your genes must never be allowed to pollute the global gene pool.
When did I say Diame was the best money can buy? Listen here, at 3.5 million pounds Diame is a tough tackling midfielder which arsenal sorely need. Do you guys even have a midfield enforcer? are you so inclined to chatting s h i t that you cant see the truth right in front of your nose?
Now you talk about arsenal beating Westham with Diame playing. Tell me how that makes Diame a bad player! If Barca loses to my sunday league side tommorow, does it make Xavi a poor player? Have you been sniffing panadol again?

HNIC:

You were obviously the class dullard at school. At 20 million pounds,how was Cazorla a 'Bargain Buy'?. Remember that you said that Cazorla hasn't pushed Arsenal to the title.Again I ask you, what do you want the poor boy to do that he hasn't done?
HNIC:
You are a low grade human specimen thus only useful for human sacrifice. I ask you again what is the basis of player purchases if not speculation based assessment of past performance?

You f00l, Ba had a 7.5 mill release clause written into his contract,that's why the price was low. As rubbish as you think Diame is,fact remains that he is capable of doing a job no-one else at arsenal is currently capable of doing...And as for Michu, Who says no big clubs were after him? and how is that even a relevant statement?

Listen kid, stick to playing fifa on your xbox...leave the real world football analysis to people who are not single digit IQ holders like yourself....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 10:51am On Mar 02, 2013
grin grin

Rebuttals and counter-rebuttals just dey fly everywhere undecided undecided

E jor ooo embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
El Guapo: Why am I enjoying this Aticle? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2286237/Rafa-Benitez-mocked-Chelsea-players-rant.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I wouldn't believe anything from the Daily Fail though...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
When Benitez told them their attitude and application was ‘the reason so many managers have been sacked’, one player responded by telling him the team won the Champions League last season.

If this is true, then it's freaking hilarious. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RuuDie(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2013

'They don't realise that I will leave at the end of the season. They don't need to be worried about me, but what they have to do is support the team.

Funny enough, in all the madness, Rafa seems to be the only one making any sense!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
During the confrontation Benitez also confirmed, as if it were needed, that he would be ‘leaving in three months’. Few will stop to say goodbye. Even Fernando Torres, the club’s £50million striker, is unlikely to say adios after suffering another alarming crisis of confidence.

He has become withdrawn again, isolated from the squad and largely conversing in Spanish with his friend Yossi Benayoun and countryman Juan Mata

When are they auditioning for the Real divas of London? Fernandud should be first on the list
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
RuuDie:

Funny enough, in all the madness, Rafa seems to be the only one making any sense!

That's what I've been saying - Chelski fans are some of the bluntest tools in the shed. Benitez won't be with them playing Thursday footie next season if things continue this way. But hey, muppets are attacking Rafa instead of focusing on the person making the decisions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
debosky:

That's what I've been saying - Chelski fans are some of the bluntest tools in the shed. Benitez won't be with them playing Thursday footie next season if things continue this way. But hey, muppets are attacking Rafa instead of focusing on the person making the decisions.

they are scared the russian owner would take his money and leave and chelsea would crawl back to oblivion. so who else to blame but a scapegoat like rafa benitez!

@ dayo
it's funny how avram grant(a badgeless coach) has the highest win percentage on that list. statistics can be manipulated to suit any agenda. why are they saying first 27 games in all competitions? did they all play the same opponents in that first 27 games? some managers on that list would have it easy with fixtures while some would have difficult fixtures.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
Now we have a new reason as to why Benitez has failed?. . Chelsea fc fans. . grin . . .sherlock holmes things
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar: @ dayo
it's funny how avram grant(a badgeless coach) has the highest win percentage on that list. statistics can be manipulated to suit any agenda. why are they saying first 27 games in all competitions? did they all play the same opponents in that first 27 games? some managers on that list would have it easy with fixtures while some would have difficult fixtures.

Maybe Grant has shown that man management is the most important attribute of a coach. No coach would teach CRonaldo how to shoot or head. He makes the players happy and half the job is done.

Benitez failed in that regard. Most good managers get the players to put their life on the line for them thats one attribute Jose Mourinho and Fergie have in abundance

RDM Played Bayern, Barca, City, Juve, Man Utd, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs who is a superpower that RDM didnt play?

Benitez compared to RDM has he played the league leaders yet, has he played Spurs, has he played Liverpool? He has only played 1 of the 3 teams ahead of him in the table currently and he has such dismal record? Did he played any top European team? like Barca , Bayern or Juve?

Rafa failed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Again Ba does his job. Nice.

Oscar could and should have had his hat-trick today but failed. The silly i.di,ot denied Ba two excellent assists.

Is it me or Hazard is not yet a 90 minutes player?

Anyways 3 points. On to the next one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
make rafa and his pals go siddon somewhere jare. cheesy
rafa ko, bose ni.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
Lol @ "The Interim One" grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Why was the thread closed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
FBS:
Is it me or Hazard is not yet a 90 minutes player?

I don't think that's the case. It's across the board.
Word has it that Rafa reduced intensity and frequency of training to cope with the number of games required to be played by the small squad.
Generally, this usually has an adverse effect on the pace of the game and energy levels.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
Only a useless worker blames his tools. Demba Ba got the job done with the same tools they said are not suited to Fernandud

It's now becoming clearer that Torres is the problem.

Ba delivered inch perfect crosses and was still there to deliver the punch
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
dayokanu:
Maybe Grant has shown that man management is the most important attribute of a coach. No coach would teach CRonaldo how to shoot or head. He makes the players happy and half the job is done.

man management my foot!
avram grant can manage men better than hiddink and mourinho? there are several factors that should be considered when reeling out these kinda dodgy stats. first 27 games, not even first 27 league games where the same opponents are likely to have been played against by each of the managers.......stats can be made to suit any agenda. if you compute the stats of the first 15 league games, the stats would reveal a different result, if you compute the stats of the same opponents, you would also get a different set of results!

Benitez failed in that regard. Most good managers get the players to put their life on the line for them thats one attribute Jose Mourinho and Fergie have in abundance

what previous history did jose and chelsea have before arriving? what previous history has fergie against united when he joined. if barcelona sign mourinho as their manager today would the barca fans fall in love with mourinho? your argument is always upside down. learn to argue objectively! chelsea fans are not mad because of the results - they hated rafa from day one(even before his first game) because of the things he had said about chelsea in the past!

RDM Played Bayern, Barca, City, Juve, Man Utd, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs who is a superpower that RDM didnt play? Benitez compared to RDM has he played the league leaders yet, has he played Spurs, has he played Liverpool? He has only played 1 of the 3 teams ahead of him in the table currently and he has such dismal record? Did he played any top European team? like Barca , Bayern or Juve?
Rafa failed

yet another idiotic argument presented......
you cannot just draw idiotic comparisons without looking at the tools each of the managers worked with. mourinho and grant had essien/makelele in their prime shielding the back four! benitez has a washed up lampard and ramirez(who ibime said isn't a midfielder) as his options. mourinho/grant/hiddink/ancelotti had the combination of drogba + anelka in their prime doing the business while benitez inherited a mismanaged torres before adding an inconsistent demba ba few months after....

how then can you draw accurate comparisons when it's obvious they worked with different personnel. even the likes of lampard, terry, cech, cole, etc are now shadows of their former selves. they have aged over the years. before you let your amnesia override your thinking faculty - it was benitez that twice denied mourinho(chelsea's greatest manager of all time) from winning the champions league for chelsea with arguably the most expensive team ever assembled in england!

you have lost your ability to reason objectively.......

dayokanu: Only a useless worker blames his tools. Demba Ba got the job done with the same tools they said are not suited to Fernandud

a swallow does not make a summer! even if you put a plank upfront, the ball would hit it n score 2-5 goals throughout the course of a season. as record stands, ba is not an improvement on torres as of yet at chelsea!

It's now becoming clearer that Torres is the problem.
Ba delivered inch perfect crosses and was still there to deliver the punch

this boy can spin rubbish to delude himself - it's becoming clearer? on the bank of ba shooting blanks in the last 3-5 games or thereabout?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

man management my foot!
avram grant can manage men better than hiddink and mourinho? there are several factors that should be considered when reeling out these kinda dodgy stats. first 27 games, not even first 27 league games where the same opponents are likely to have been played against by each of the managers.......stats can be made to suit any agenda. if you compute the stats of the first 15 league games, the stats would reveal a different result, if you compute the stats of the same opponents, you would also get a different set of results!

what previous history did jose and chelsea have before arriving? what previous history has fergie against united when he joined. if barcelona sign mourinho as their manager today would the barca fans fall in love with mourinho? your argument is always upside down. learn to argue objectively! chelsea fans are not mad because of the results - they hated rafa from day one(even before his first game) because of the things he had said about chelsea in the past!

Do you need to visit specsavers?

The first job of a manager is to get the players to play for you, Once the players are against you , results wont go your way and once results dont go your way theres no way fans would support you.

A section pof Arsenal fans are disgruntled with Wenger now because results are not going his way. If Benitez had won games handily like his predecessors the protest would have quietened.

When Grant took over most fans didnt like it due to their love for Mourinho even throughout his reign they were cold towards Grant but not openly hostile like towards benitez because he was getting wins

yet another idiotic argument presented......
you cannot just draw idiotic comparisons without looking at the tools each of the managers worked with. mourinho and grant had essien/makelele in their prime shielding the back four! benitez has a washed up lampard and ramirez(who ibime said isn't a midfielder) as his options. mourinho/grant/hiddink/ancelotti had the combination of drogba + anelka in their prime doing the business while benitez inherited a mismanaged torres before adding an inconsistent demba ba few months after....

how then can you draw accurate comparisons when it's obvious they worked with different personnel. even the likes of lampard, terry, cech, cole, etc are now shadows of their former selves. they have aged over the years. before you let your amnesia override your thinking faculty - it was benitez that twice denied mourinho(chelsea's greatest manager of all time) from winning the champions league for chelsea with arguably the most expensive team ever assembled in england!

So how does RdM compare with Benitez? Both worked with the same squad minus Demba Ba Yet RdM results stand head over shoulders. RDM played the more difficult opponents. Who is the toughest team Benitez has played? RdM played Man Utd, Barca, Bayern, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and he can hold his head high from the results he got.

Heck he won the their only Champions league

a swallow does not make a summer! even if you put a plank upfront, the ball would hit it n score 2-5 goals throughout the course of a season. as record stands, ba is not an improvement on torres as of yet at chelsea!

So why wasnt your buddy Torres scoring

Demba Ba 8 starts 4 goals, Fernandud Almost 40 starts how many goals? Use your tongue to count your teeth and see that Fernandud is a failure

this boy can spin rubbish to delude himself - it's becoming clearer? on the bank of ba shooting blanks in the last 3-5 games or thereabout?

How many games has Fernandud fired blanks this season? over 30 games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:44am On Mar 03, 2013
dayokanu:
Do you need to visit specsavers?

The first job of a manager is to get the players to play for you, Once the players are against you , results wont go your way and once results dont go your way theres no way fans would support you.

it seems you lack comprehension skills - the hatred from the fans started the moment benitez was announced as the new manager. there's been bad blood between chelsea and benitez in the past! no result is going to win the fans over or motivate the players to play like they did under di matteo!

A section pof Arsenal fans are disgruntled with Wenger now because results are not going his way. If Benitez had won games handily like his predecessors the protest would have quietened.

you cannot work in a hostile environment! there are reasons fans go to stadium to cheer the team. if your own fans are booing you as a manager then how are you expected to thrive? arsenal fans that are disgruntled against wenger don't make banners against him or sing songs against him. apples and oranges!

When Grant took over most fans didnt like it due to their love for Mourinho even throughout his reign they were cold towards Grant but not openly hostile like towards benitez because he was getting wins

liar - no one gave a fück about grant - no one knew him. he lost his first game 0-2 at old trafford. which result did he get? there was no hostility ever against avram grant! not one anti-grant banner or songs were made for him. the fans never wanted benitez from day one - results or no results!

So how does RdM compare with Benitez? Both worked with the same squad minus Demba Ba Yet RdM results stand head over shoulders. RDM played the more difficult opponents. Who is the toughest team Benitez has played? RdM played Man Utd, Barca, Bayern, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and he can hold his head high from the results he got.
Heck he won the their only Champions league

you forgot the single most important factor - time!
surely, you have to be a tool to think lampard of this year is the same as that of last year. i can mention terry, cole, cech, ivanovic, etc. di matteo had drogba as well and most importantly, he had the support of the fans and the players. he was once a player of chelsea so the difference is clear. you cannot have in-fighting in a club like chelsea do and expect top performance!

So why wasnt your buddy Torres scoring
Demba Ba 8 starts 4 goals, Fernandud Almost 40 starts how many goals? Use your tongue to count your teeth and see that Fernandud is a failure
How many games has Fernandud fired blanks this season? over 30 games

torres is more than a striker - he sets up goals. he has been directly involved in 15 league goals this season. how can you not put his assists into consideration when assists are as important as goals?

torres - 7 goals + 8 assists in 2060 league mins
demba - 2 goals + 0 assists in 389 league mins

who's been more productive? over to you......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 1:34am On Mar 03, 2013
coogar:

it seems you lack comprehension skills - the hatred from the fans started the moment benitez was announced as the new manager. there's been bad blood between chelsea and benitez in the past! no result is going to win the fans over or motivate the players to play like they did under di matteo!

you cannot work in a hostile environment! there are reasons fans go to stadium to cheer the team. if your own fans are booing you as a manager then how are you expected to thrive? arsenal fans that are disgruntled against wenger don't make banners against him or sing songs against him. apples and oranges!

liar - no one gave a fück about grant - no one knew him. he lost his first game 0-2 at old trafford. which result did he get? there was no hostility ever against avram grant! not one anti-grant banner or songs were made for him. the fans never wanted benitez from day one - results or no results!

you forgot the single most important factor - time!
surely, you have to be a tool to think lampard of this year is the same as that of last year. i can mention terry, cole, cech, ivanovic, etc. di matteo had drogba as well and most importantly, he had the support of the fans and the players. he was once a player of chelsea so the difference is clear. you cannot have in-fighting in a club like chelsea do and expect top performance!

torres is more than a striker - he sets up goals. he has been directly involved in 15 league goals this season. how can you not put his assists into consideration when assists are as important as goals?

torres - 7 goals + 8 assists in 2060 league mins
demba - 2 goals + 0 assists in 389 league mins

who's been more productive? over to you......

loooool grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2013
coogar: it seems you lack comprehension skills - the hatred from the fans started the moment benitez was announced as the new manager. there's been bad blood between chelsea and benitez in the past! no result is going to win the fans over or motivate the players to play like they did under di matteo!

And the Media would report to us that the Players seems to be finding his tactics 'Confusing' - Is that still borne out of Chagrins?

coogar: liar - no one gave a fück about grant - no one knew him. he lost his first game 0-2 at old trafford. which result did he get? there was no hostility ever against avram grant! not one anti-grant banner or songs were made for him. the fans never wanted benitez from day one

And u still divulge Incompetency in Comprehension.

There Must be whimperings amongst the Blue fans during match days certainly, u'd hear stuffs Like : "Chap, dont u Jxt miss Jose?", "I've got a bad feeling about this Stale Israeli!" "He can never be Like the Special One" Etc. Am Sure i saw few Banners on Grants debut game against u guys that read "Bring back the Special One" - But all the Unrests where putted to bed by Avram's Performances-the simple point Dayo is tryna Voice to U!

Rafa was never the fans favorite FACT! But then, what has he done to put the Ill preference to Bed?

His Arrogance Or Am always right attitude Or Our Sloppy Run? Man, forget the Logic u're Galloping On and admit that Rafa is yet to do something Unique to get us Chewing our taunts directed at him!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
When he took the helm at Chelsea, Grant did not hold the required top-flight coaching certification from UEFA. In fact, he had never received the lower-level coaching cerfications from UEFA for "B" and "A" level coaching in Europe. Many Chelsea fans did not take well to Grant's appointment. They protested Mourinho's departure, holding banners at games, which read "Mourinho – The Special One", and chanting Mourinho's name. Chelsea stated that some of the protests directed towards Grant constituted abuse of a racist nature. Bruce Buck, chairman of Chelsea, claimed they had received points of view which are racist and anti-semitic. Buck stated: "[This] unfairly smears the reputation of the vast majority of the Chelsea fans who rightly do not want to be associated with such activity." However, many Chelsea fans felt their objections against Grant being appointed as the team's manager are justified, citing his "lack of expertise at the highest levels of football" and Grant's lack of a formal UEFA qualification as manager.

Several unnamed Chelsea players were quoted as saying Grant's methods were "25 years behind the times" and "Chelsea deserve a bigger coach than him. Grant does not have the quality to coach a team like this. When we play big opponents we will suffer because of him." At least one of Grant's staff told friends that they considered leaving the club.

Grant faced his first game only 3 days after taking up the manager's role, losing 2–0 to Manchester United on 24 September. At his first UEFA Champions League match as a coach (with Chelsea and in general) he led Chelsea to a 2–1 away win over Valencia, replicating one of Mourinho's most celebrated wins.[26] Chelsea went on to register a 16-game unbeaten run under Grant, including beating Manchester City 6–0 in one of Chelsea's biggest wins. Subsequently, Grant was offered and signed a four-year contract with Chelsea in December 2007.[27]

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^
Let the fool delude himself into oblivion.
Fact still remains had FSW been getting the results, fans would have warmed to him! The chantings would have dissipated!

If Grant could get results then FSW is a failure!

Cvnty Rafa has failed!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ dayokanu,

stop being an odious wankër. from your wiki copy n paste, how come the parts emboldened are the ones that are not referenced. you are almost 50 yrs of age and you still don't know what qualifies a writer's opinion and which ones are the facts.......you can do better than this!

El Guapo:
And the Media would report to us that the Players seems to be finding his tactics 'Confusing' - Is that still borne out of Chagrins?

how would the media know that? show us one link where the media quoted a player who said he was confused about rafa's tactics? why are you so people so moronic to believe everything you read - especially when they are not quoted?

And u still divulge Incompetency in Comprehension.

There Must be whimperings amongst the Blue fans during match days certainly, u'd hear stuffs Like : "Chap, dont u Jxt miss Jose?", "I've got a bad feeling about this Stale Israeli!" "He can never be Like the Special One" Etc. Am Sure i saw few Banners on Grants debut game against u guys that read "Bring back the Special One" - But all the Unrests where putted to bed by Avram's Performances-the simple point Dayo is tryna Voice to U!

Rafa was never the fans favorite FACT! But then, what has he done to put the Ill preference to Bed?

His Arrogance Or Am always right attitude Or Our Sloppy Run? Man, forget the Logic u're Galloping On and admit that Rafa is yet to do something Unique to get us Chewing our taunts directed at him!

your attention span must be shorter than a congolese midget!

fans missing jose mourinho is quite different from fans denigrating avram grant. in rafa's case, they are missing di matteo and they sing vile songs against rafa in every chelsea game.

only a complete nitwit would compare the team grant inherited to the present team. makelele+essien? in comparison to a spineless fat frank and ramirez as pivots? terry the lion in comparison to terry the geriatric? you fools need a decade's lecture in deductive reasoning!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
coogar: @ dayokanu,

stop being an odious wankër. from your wiki copy n paste, how come the parts emboldened are the ones that are not referenced. you are almost 50 yrs of age and you still don't know what qualifies a writer's opinion and which ones are the facts.......you can do better than this!!

I thought you could read for yourself I forgot you need to be spoonfed

Chelsea angry at Grant barracking
Chelsea manager Avram Grant (left) and chairman Bruce Buck
Chairman Buck (right) is keen to end the abuse aimed at Grant
Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck says the club will not tolerate what he deemed as abuse bordering on racism directed by fans at manager Avram Grant.

Israeli Grant, 52, has succeeded Jose Mourinho as Chelsea boss and his side drew 0-0 with Fulham on Saturday.

"We welcome constructive points of view but we've had a few which could be seen as racist and anti-Semitic," said Buck.

"This is one thing we will not tolerate whether written, on banners, or through singing and it must stop immediately."

Grant's Polish father Meir, 80, is a Holocaust survivor and Buck continued: "It unfairly smears the reputation of the vast majority of the Chelsea fans who rightly do not want to be associated with such activity."

Chelsea supporters were also chanting the name of Mourinho during the second half of their game with west London rivals Fulham at Stamford Bridge.

And the club's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, who sat with fans in the upper tier of the Shed stand instead of his private box, was forced to endure their taunts.

Chelsea stretched thier unbeaten home league record to 67 matches, but John Terry suffered a depressed fracture of the cheekbone and returning striker Didier Drogba was sent off, to compound Grant's problems

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7020854.stm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Grant, a former Israel national team coach, seems to have made little headway in attempts to quell resistance to his accession as Chelsea manager. Senior players continue to question his ability and qualifications to lead a team of Chelsea's calibre, while members of the coaching staff also harbour serious doubts.

Ahead of last Wednesday's League Cup victory at Hull, Terry elected to hold a team meeting in which he called on team-mates to rally behind the new manager. Terry's message was ill-received, however, with several players insisting Grant was not good enough to coach them. One respected international spoke with team-mates after Terry's words, complaining: 'Chelsea deserve a bigger coach than him. Grant does not have the quality to coach a team like this. When we play big opponents we will suffer because of him.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/sep/30/newsstory.chelsea

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.