Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (63062 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by oonix(f): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?
I gathered his streak actually goes right back to his secondary school days.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Femeto: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2019
I Hope Buhari doesn't give Punch the Dokpesi treatment. It's a Brave stand from Punch just like AIT did.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by anonimi: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Damod88:
Why didn't you contest against him? How many people can you convince?

Must everyone contest against him

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6491714_aladylookingwithcornereyes1502372897353447927271_jpeg1f77f85ac4039873b075378f91e9e47b

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CodeTemplar: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2019
Buhari has nothing to lose anymore and it makes sense he is on full throttle doing what he does best.
For those saying sowore should give njoy the change he supported, was Sowore an APC agent before? I can't recall him ever rooting for APC o.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by omoharry(f): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2019
jaxxy:

Goodluck Nearly destroyed this country with grand corruption at all government levels. Let’s be objective and stop the overhype or else we are equally zombies like those supporting Buhari now. Yes he’s better than Buhari in many areas bt was still a major problem for the country. That is why a lot of Nigerians cudnt support his government.

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern.
Wole Soyinka is even the one that should have known better.He was suppose to have warned young Nigerians(including those who were not burn as at then) against accepting Buhari because he once experience Buhari Autocratic regime in the 80s and knew the various atrocities that happened during those times. But rather he decided to followed the back-wagon of the "Sai Babas'"by telling people that Buhari is a changed man and why he should be forgiven and be voted into power
Why do our leaders always follow the back-wagon at all time? I dont even know why they are called leaders in the first place. I thought it is their duty to counsel the young people about people they are about voting for since they are old enough to know them better. I dont know why they Can not be principled and stand for what is good and right for the people of Nigeria, irrespective of the pressure they are under.Right now they are all silent and scared to even speak up in the face of oppression

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by izombie(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2019
I am just happy that the igbos did not play a part in bringing buhari to power. Igbos were that voice in the wilderness sending a warning about the second coming of buhari but the rest of nigeria did not listen. Now una don dey see am but still they are keeping mute because 2023.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Fairview1: 11:13am On Dec 11, 2019
Congratulations The Punch for speaking up. You have said nothing but the truth. You just acquired to yourself/firm a customer through this beautiful write up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by vanfem: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2019
I appreciate the courage of The Punch. Everyone should stand up against the evil and wickedness display of this General Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by etrange: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2019
VULCAN:
I think you need to tell yourself the Truth because the fantasy you paint about Sowore is a bit ridiculous.

The most corrupt human being in the entire South West Nigeria is Tinubu.

How come Sowore has not unearthed a single thing about Tinubu's source of immense wealth?

Sahara Reporters completely ignored Tinubu in all their investigative journalism. How could that be possible?

A few weeks to 2015 election there was a list of property purportedly owned by Tinubu that was released. No one knows who released it but it wasn't SR.

My brother, pls wake up.

There is/was a pact between both men and such pacts usually operate with economic benefits to the lesser person.

Having said this I do not support Buhari trampling on the human rights of Sowore

Please, I'm not lying to myself, I'm only sharing my view. You could agree or disagree.

Back to the topic, we can only speculate. But regardless of how you view it, he still had his right to support anyone he wanted to support. That shouldn't undermine the struggle against tyranny. Like I said, it's not about Sowore as a person but against the act of subduing an opposing voice.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by oonix(f): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2019
shogsman:

Henceforth buhari's performance will be the measure of your success in life.
Easy. The guy is being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by godliman: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin
You are luck I was aiming at your head to pull the trigger before I saw your last line. I drop my RPG.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by gudugudumeje: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2019
Well done Punch I doff my hat and hearts for you.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin

Hmm! You sound like some of the political hypocrite behind some corrupt politicians.

Nigeria is no more working , let's do the needful....
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by deebrain(m): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2019
He is a Major General for heavens sake.

Forget all this crap pretense...
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by omoharry(f): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2019
LANDLORD72:

Hausas are not smiling on General Muhammad Buhari Regime
Take note suffering in the land only few elite from the North that enjoy his regime the common Northaners are suffering badly.
which Hausas'..those ones that will suffer terrible hardship over and over again and will easily be deceived to devote the same monster back in govt , all in the name of tribe and religion.leave those people jo.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by honey930(f): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2019
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by LANDLORD72: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2019
It gladdens one's heart to see such bold patriotism. There's is yet hope for the Nigeria of our collective dreams.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by ayufun: 11:30am On Dec 11, 2019
Now i know the E-warriors supporting Gen. Buhari and spitting fire at any post against the dullard are N-Power beneficiaries. Ever since their ''Allowee'' has been frozen, you don't here pim from them again....
Shebi we talk am say Buhari na Kankerworm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Uwaomaokey(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2019
Ekpeitut:
One of the following will take place within the next 24 hrs and subsequently the rest may follow;

- DSS invades The Punch newspaper headquarters.
- Soldiers lay blockade on the entrance of punch's headquarters and prevents workers from going in.
- Buhari's spokesmen will come out to say The Punch newspaper is being used by external forces to turn the masses against Buhari and destabilise his government.
- BMO will organise protesters with placards protesting against The Punch and requesting the shutting down of all its newspaper outlets.

Interesting times ahead.

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by shogsman(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2019
oonix:
Easy. The guy is being sarcastic
Yeah me too.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by obidark: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2019
izombie:
I am just happy that the igbos did not play a part in bringing buhari to power. Igbos were that voice in the wilderness sending a warning about the second coming of buhari but the rest of nigeria did not listen. Now una don dey see am but still they are keeping mute because 2023.

nonesense....
many igbos voted buhari too....
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by luluosas(m): 11:38am On Dec 11, 2019
Dear Punch, I foresee General Muhammadu Buhari freezing your accounts, as they just visited Sahara Reporters own. This is heavy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by dokie: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

I used to have a colleague who said over 8 years ago that jonathans head was "very strong" if you understand what that means. That his enemies always end up in trouble.

we are waiting for tinubu's.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Fairview1: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2019
"Nigeria has had more than its fair share of draconian rulers, whether in military or civil garb, but none has succeeded in breaking our resilience and irrepressible spirit. This regime will not prove to be an exception. Nigeria, and Nigerians, will overcome. The strong desire of our people to enjoy the unfettered freedoms guaranteed by the constitution and the rule of law, including the freedom to speak freely and assemble peacefully, will again outlive, outlast and crush the spirit of despotism."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by dochenaj: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Hate speech 101.

One would suppose this careful written piece meant to stir the government to the right will work. Nah, it won't.

This will only be used as evidence to expedite the social media bill. This time it is not just going to be "social media bill" but "all media bill".
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by dochenaj: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2019
obidark:
nonesense....
many igbos voted buhari too....
And yet they got the "5%ters" tag.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Omoslim26: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2019
etrange:

Can we just stop this? Sowore is a citizen just like you and I, and as such, had the right to support any government. He's got the right to his views He felt GEJ wasn't doing great (contrary to your view) and he spoke against him. He feels this government is doing worse and he rose against it too. Isn't this how it's supposed to be? The real problem is when we get so much attached to a leader to the point where anyone that has a contrary opinion becomes an enemy.

Nothing justifies what he's going through now. And even if you feel he should rot in hell for working against your prefered government, you must understand that speaking up against his ordeal is not solely for him but for the future of our country.

Good morning.

For the future of which Country

trusting someone like
Sowore who has played the game politics under this structure of Govt we have

is like asking a lion to help take care of your sheep

what we all need is to stand together with one voice boycott any further bloody elections nd demand dat this failed union be restructured
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2019
PDJT:
-If God exists, this evil man Muhammadu Buhari and his allies should never go unpunished, including his family members who are benefiting from his evil deeds.

That is the problem. God likely doesnt exist if not these people in govt wouldnt live as long as they do. Buhari at age 82, so old, is still so strong traveling to country from country -- an age, many people on this forum will not get to live up to, talkless of in bliss.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by RussianKGB: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
nogragra:

No igbo man can ever have sense. So why don't we do them a favour like Ghana and give them independence and isolate them. Senseless people.
[/s]
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by RussianKGB: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
nogragra:

No igbo man can ever have sense. So why don't we do them a favour like Ghana and give them independence and isolate them. Senseless people.
[/s]
Boring

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nasiruddeen(m): 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
*MUCH RESPECT TO WHOEVER WROTE THIS ARTICLE*

*__It is a mistake to think time is going. Time is not going. Time is here until the world ends. It is you that is going. You don’t waste time. Time is infinite. You waste yourself. You are finite. It is you that grows old and die. Time doesn’t. So make better use of yourself before you expire. And one of the worst things to do with time is comparing yourself to others. A cow eats grass and gets fat but if dog eats grass, it will die. Never compare yourself with others. Run your race. What works for one person may be that which will kill you. Focus on the gifts and talents God gave you and don’t be envious of the blessings He gave others_ .*

*Both Lion and Shark are professional hunters, BUT:*
*A Lion cannot hunt in the Ocean and a Shark cannot hunt in the jungle*
*That a Lion cannot hunt in the ocean doesn't make him useless and that a Shark cannot hunt in the jungle doesn't also make him useless both have their own territory where they can do well*

*If a rose smells better than tomatoes, It doesn't mean the rose can make a better stew. Don't try to compare yourself to others.* *You also have your own strength, look for it and build on it.* *All animals that exist, were in NUHU/Noah's (AS) ark. A snail is one of those animals. If God could wait long enough for snails to enter Noah's ark; His door of grace won't close till you reach your expected position in life. Never look down on yourself, keep looking up.* *Remember that Broken crayons still colour.*
*_Keep on pushing, you never can tell how close you are to your goal.*

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Omoslim26: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Buhari has nothing to lose anymore and it makes sense he is on full throttle doing what he does best.
For those saying sowore should give njoy the change he supported, was Sowore an APC agent before? I can't recall him ever rooting for APC o.

i always told peeps in 2015 that Gej messed up big time i was never a fan of his

bt bubu was nd is never an option
corruption nd the suffering we experienced under Gej
is child's play compared to what we have now
as for sowore
he is a bloody politician and should never be trusted

this country looks more hopeless every single day

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Osun Election: Davido Reacts To Ademola Adeleke's Victory At Tribunal / Goodluck Jonathan During His NYSC Days (Photo) / What Ajay Ajimobi Ordered For Vs What She Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.