Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (62957 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

B
The media need to be united and call out the tyrant for his lawlessness and disobedience of court orders.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 11, 2019
enemybulldozer:
This is the part that really really got me.
Same

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Xisnin(m): 5:41am On Dec 11, 2019
Way to go.
Other media houses should follow suit.
Nigerians are too cowardly.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by crownwealth: 5:42am On Dec 11, 2019
The tyrant terrorist will end BADLY!

7 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by ivolt: 5:46am On Dec 11, 2019
Punch has been silent for too long but not anymore.
This lawless government would do anything to muzzle our speech.
The anti-social media bill must be killed.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Racoon(m): 6:03am On Dec 11, 2019
This regime’s actions and assaults on the courts, disobedience of court orders/ arbitrary detention of citizens reflect its true character of the martial culture.

Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) ran a ham-fisted military junta in 1984/85 and old habits obviously run deep. Until he and his repressive regime purge themselves of their martial tendency therefore, PUNCH will not be a party to falsely adorning it with a democratic robe, hence our decision to label it for what it is – an autocratic military-style regime run by Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).
This was the same man the "Lagos-Ibadan press" ignorantly painted as "born-again democrat" in 2014.Even Tunde Thompson (Guardian), Seun Kuti, Wole Soyinka, and some SWners who were victims of the brutal military reign of BuhariI developed the Stockholm Syndrome.

Today, the proverbial saying that "a leopard does not change its skin" have been proven to be true over & over again.The region experimented with IBB, Abacha & Buhari but the outcome have always been disastrous.God bless Fela, Gani, Pa Ayo Adebanjo(All Yorubas with foresight) and umu'nem.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 11, 2019
baby124:
Wow.,, this is a left hook. This government better retrace it’s steps from obnoxious policies and infuriating actions. They are beginning to become nuisances and all their actions will backfire big time. You can’t fight the masses and win. Every region has its own power o, none more violent than the other. So, let’s respect all people in Nigeria and concentrate on positive things for the country instead of chasing rats while ones house is on fire.

Power intoxicates and that is why they are behaving like they have all run mad. Leaders should always be humble and understand the responsibility and pitfalls that comes with power. As easy as it is to rise, so it could be to fall.

As for the rest of us, evil thrives when a few good men keep quiet. Kudos to Punch for fighting this attempt to insult Nigerians and assault the press.
Fela Kuti fought a good fight

10 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by stonemasonn: 6:23am On Dec 11, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Is this really coming from punch??
Wonders shall never end!
I'm even scared for them. They'll be the first victims of hate speech.

14 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by stonemasonn: 6:27am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?
He has moved on he even delivered his state to APC, it'll be better if you face the demon at hand.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by chinavs9ja(m): 6:46am On Dec 11, 2019
It is well oo

I am a professional website designer...check my signature
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by aminusodiq(m): 6:47am On Dec 11, 2019
Punch has always been mmy favorite newspaper... Not so gullible like others

9 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by shogsman(m): 6:48am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin
Henceforth buhari's performance will be the measure of your success in life.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by berbs: 6:48am On Dec 11, 2019
Koni dafun awon smellos that brought Buhari to power in the first instance. Radarada!!!

6 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by OgaBuhari: 6:48am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
Vanhooijdonk:
Well done Punch Newspapers for coming out and speaking against evil.
[/s] will you shut up.
don't u know as a media it should remain Neutral in it's stance.
What the hell do you know?
Well I'm glad cos Punch is heading into extinction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by JamesBond008(m): 6:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin - He is Nigerian Angel Michael

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by itsme01: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2019
Buhari wants to fvck APC up

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by maynation(f): 6:56am On Dec 11, 2019
plainol:
A supposed secret police that cannot infiltrate Boko Haram after ten years of it's operation in Sambisa, is that one a secret service or glorified vigilante group/armed bodyguard organization?

Instead of providing quality intelligence service to the military on whereabouts of Shekau and his evil followers, they are busy showing how irresponsibly incompetent they are.

Even civilian JTF guys supply more intelligence than them.

Tueh!

The boldened.
grin gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by berbs: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Igbo Ipob man using yoruba language he probably learnt in Lagos to pass hate speech
Dude, jump and pass my comment already. I just dropped that comment as I felt this morning. Y'all are seeing the shenanigans happening in the country. Until we come together and take up our civil responsibility to ensure those in power are accountable, this country will keep getting worst. Forget all these religion and ethnicity sentiments. Wetin no good no good. I'm out...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by drey076(m): 6:59am On Dec 11, 2019
The whole country should just join forces against this evil man, he is a beast.

11 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by boladale123: 7:00am On Dec 11, 2019
Hope you know his right to support whosoever in 2014 and now still exist?
Sowore has done what me and you couldn't do, he is saving our future.
Let us support him, get is a leader with over 25years experience in this struggle.
They fought Abacha, Buhari would soon pass.

Awol1:
Damn!

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 11, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Viking007(m): 7:01am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
[s] will you shut up.
don't u know as a media it should remain Neutral in it's stance.
What the hell do you know?
Well I'm glad cos Punch is heading into extinction.
[/s]You should be the one to shut up you this F_ Why not counter all the points raised in the article. Nonsense.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Henry22(m): 7:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Charleys:
Sometimes General buhari makes me to believe Nnamdi Kanu and it pains me

Any body can say the truth, no matter how much you hate a person or his tribe learn to accept and support the truth not minding whose lips it came from(its called maturity) cos a truth from ur enemy can be ur saving grace tomorrow cos truth is not faceless and truth remains truth

16 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Mrpojj(m): 7:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.

Nigeria was better under Jonathan
Let nobody decieve you

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Henry22(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2019
Viking007:
[s][/s]You should be the one to shut up you this F_ Why not counter all the points raised in the article. Nonsense.
Viking007 so u dey come this corner? grin my brother in the punting world

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by nedekid: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.
Oga, I prefare the almost bankruptcy of Jonathan's time where lived better that this current suffering in the country.

18 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

pls stop mentioning the dolt called Jona-Daft.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Great2017: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Lies from the pit of hell. Is it Jonathan that voted him to power or you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Ekpekpee: 7:06am On Dec 11, 2019
Men...... Could this be true.... So people can speak up like this... Truth is that someone will soon be arrested and charged with treason, maybe the editor of punch... It is better to talk and die than to keep quite and still die...... All hail PUNCH

44 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Cultists, Hoodlums Burnt Alive In Awka, Anambra (Graphic Photos) / 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari / CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.